PDA

View Full Version : November 1st Game "Panoramic" Night

scheelsguy
10-23-2008, 03:57 AM
Here is a press release regarding the November 1st Game. We will have these framed panoramic pictures on sale at Scheels just days after the game.

Photographer James Blakeway to Shoot Panorama of Nov. 1st NDSU game

Fargo, N.D. (Oct 22, 2008) – From his early days of selling posters out of the back of a beat-up Honda, photographer and Fargo native James Blakeway, founder and CEO of Blakeway Worldwide Panoramas, Inc., never imagined he would spend his weekends shooting panoramas of spectator sports events throughout the country. On November 1, he will do just that as he photographs the 18700-seat Fargodome in Fargo, ND when the NDSU Bison face the Indiana State Sycamores.

Famous for panoramic photos of city skylines, Blakeway Worldwide Panoramas kicked off their collegiate panoramics in big way this season with licenses to shoot 30 football games across the nation. In addition to this shot, Blakeway has also photographed Georgia, Arkansas, Florida, Clemson, Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi, Missouri, Wisconsin, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, USC, Virginia, Iowa, Washington, Arizona and ASU.

Blakeway’s panoramas of college football venues can be viewed online at www.panoramas.com as well as sports collectable stores throughout the country. Locally, Blakeway Panoramas will available at Scheels on 45th Street. Prints are usually available one to two weeks after the photo shoot.

In order to make the most of this NDSU panorama, Blakeway Worldwide Panorama and NDSU Athletics encouraged fans to dress in the official school colors – yellow or green. At kick off, all fans should be on their feet, yelling at the top of their lungs with both arms in the air. The panoramic photograph will be taken right at the moment of kickoff.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-23-2008, 04:11 AM
Here is a press release regarding the November 1st Game. We will have these framed panoramic pictures on sale at Scheels just days after the game.

Fargo, N.D. (Oct 22, 2008) – From his early days of selling posters out of the back of a beat-up Honda, photographer and Fargo native James Blakeway, founder and CEO of Blakeway Worldwide Panoramas, Inc., never imagined he would spend his weekends shooting panoramas of spectator sports events throughout the country. On November 1, he will do just that as he photographs the 18700-seat Fargodome in Fargo, ND when the NDSU Bison face the Indiana State Sycamores.

Famous for panoramic photos of city skylines, Blakeway Worldwide Panoramas kicked off their collegiate panoramics in big way this season with licenses to shoot 30 football games across the nation. In addition to this shot, Blakeway has also photographed Georgia, Arkansas, Florida, Clemson, Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi, Missouri, Wisconsin, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, USC, Virginia, Iowa, Washington, Arizona and ASU.

Blakeway’s panoramas of college football venues can be viewed online at www.panoramas.com as well as sports collectable stores throughout the country. Locally, Blakeway Panoramas will available at Scheels on 45th Street. Prints are usually available one to two weeks after the photo shoot.

In order to make the most of this NDSU panorama, Blakeway Worldwide Panorama and NDSU Athletics encouraged fans to dress in the official school colors – yellow or green. At kick off, all fans should be on their feet, yelling at the top of their lungs with both arms in the air. The panoramic photograph will be taken right at the moment of kickoff.

Thanks Scheelsguy, also hopefully this game gets enough people there for it!!!

UTH
10-23-2008, 04:25 AM
Thanks Scheelsguy, also hopefully this game gets enough people there for it!!!

He can't wait for the Marker Game???

bisonmike2
10-23-2008, 04:37 AM
just checked out his website. his collegiate shots are pretty cool.

UTH
10-23-2008, 05:02 AM
just checked out his website. his collegiate shots are pretty cool.

His Moscow and Oslo shots are hanging in my office.

I have some suggestions for others...

BigDeal
10-23-2008, 05:45 AM
I for one would love to get one of these, however, I don't want to explain to my friends out here why there is a half empty stadium. I wish it would have been taken at the SDSU game.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-23-2008, 05:46 AM
I for one would love to get one of these, however, I don't want to explain to my friends out here why there is a half empty stadium. I wish it would have been taken at the SDSU game.

exactly!!!

Bisonfan1
10-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Fans in school colors, AND on their feet, thats a little too much to ask of the fan base at the Fargodome is it not.

roadwarrior
10-23-2008, 12:55 PM
That picture is going to suck showing all of the empty seats that will be in the student section :(

Definitely change the date to Nov 22nd!

*Bisonrube
10-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Great Idea....poor planning.
I don't want a pic of half empty Fargodome...do you?

IDDUKES
10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Maps, Maps and more Maps in West Acres is advertizing a panoramic of the SDSU game. I can't remember alot of details regarding when it will be available.

DIGRAPPLER
10-23-2008, 02:16 PM
That picture is going to suck showing all of the empty seats that will be in the student section :(

Definitely change the date to Nov 22nd!

I thought I heard that the game was sold out. Do you think there will be that many no shows? I would hope that the people that bought tickets will be there. Students I can understand. If you look at the schools that he has taken pictures at I am sure he has not had to worry about whether or not it would be a full house. He shows up, its a full house, he takes the picture and he's off to the next school. It is too bad Fargo has to be the bad example. Maybe we will be proved wrong! if not I wonder if he would come back and take the picture over at the SDSU game? I noticed that he is a native of Fargo.

roadwarrior
10-23-2008, 02:24 PM
If the student section is not 100% filled and yellow, I will not even consider buying this picture, but if it is I'd love to have one on my wall. And you can almost bet that the students will only fill half their seats for this game. If they are unable to change the date to the SDSU game, they might as well wait until the season opener next fall.

BisonFB
10-23-2008, 02:57 PM
If, if the student section is lacking, why doesn't he just fill it in with photoshop? Problem solved.

UTH
10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
exactly!!!

I would pay premium $,$$$ for a Marker Game pic. It isn't too late. Let Lakes get on him over this. Holla!!!

lakesbison
10-23-2008, 04:00 PM
gimme his info.

Ill bug the hell outta him.. (like tim robbins in shawshank redemption)

He'll be forced to change the date!!

McBison
10-23-2008, 07:57 PM
I would pay premium $,$$$ for a Marker Game pic. It isn't too late. Let Lakes get on him over this. Holla!!!

If the date isn't changed he is wasting his time. Dome will be 1/2 empty not 1/2 full.

UTH
10-23-2008, 08:09 PM
At the website, there are all sorts of ways to contact the business. Methinks a nice and friendly little campaign of coaxing might 'help' him to reconsider the date. [linky (http://www.panoramas.com/contactus.asp)]

IDDUKES
10-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Maps, Maps and more Maps in West Acres is advertizing a panoramic of the SDSU game. I can't remember alot of details regarding when it will be available.

I don't post that often but HELLO, do you guys see my previous post. Every poster after mine post acts like it never existed. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

CarringtonBison
10-23-2008, 08:17 PM
I don't post that often but HELLO, do you guys see my previous post. Every poster after mine post acts like it never existed. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

did you guys hear something???? :)

UTH
10-23-2008, 08:20 PM

Sorry, I don't read so good. :blush: Include a picture next time.

McBison
10-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Someone more intelligent then I should explain that he will sell exponentially more pictures if he waits until the SDSU game. It is in his best interest.

UTH
10-23-2008, 08:30 PM
Someone more intelligent then I should explain that he will sell exponentially more pictures if he waits until the SDSU game. It is in his best interest.

Ain't no doubt.

roadwarrior
10-23-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm sure scheelsguy will see the many posts here on the topic.

UTH
10-23-2008, 08:36 PM
Just spent a minute on the phone with them. He originally wanted to do the SDSU game, but 'they' wanted to 'bump it up' to November 1. I asked who 'they' were. Answer - 'I don't know'. If their plans don't change, I'm not buying. Period.

McBison
10-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Just spent a minute on the phone with them. He originally wanted to do the SDSU game, but 'they' wanted to 'bump it up' to November 1. I asked who 'they' were. Answer - 'I don't know'. If their plans don't change, I'm not buying. Period.

Yeah I don't see it working unless its at the SDSU game. :(

clenz
10-23-2008, 10:31 PM
I love his pictures. I own the one of the Big House in Ann Arbor. It is a pretty good honor to have this thing done. I may have to contact him about doing one of the UNI dome.

Hope it turns out well for your school.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-23-2008, 11:43 PM
We need to win this weekend first off to help any students to even think about going to the Indiana St. game, most students unlike some on here an a few others look into who we play or know who we play, its just the time of year it slows down. Most students ask me about the games of who we play, is it at home, etc etc. So, I for one know the students don't understand/realize much bout the teams we play. Except for like SDSU and what not, I wouldn't expect more students for the Indiana St game then what we had for the WIU and most of you guys witnessed that.

GET THIS THING AT THE SDSU GAME OR LIKE EVERYONE HAS SAID ITS A WAAAAASTE!

scheelsguy
10-24-2008, 03:01 AM
Wow, I guess a few people are interested. Basically, here's the deal. They will be there to take pictures at BOTH the Nov. 1st game AND the SDSU game. Whichever game turns out best will be the published picture. They didn't want to wait until the SDSU game and have something turn out wrong. Instead they are doing this for a little insurance. I personally find this approach a good idea. ONE OTHER THING: The picture that Maps and More in the mall is advertising (whichever game is used), is the exact same one we'll have, at the exact same price...... Thanks for all the input. GO BISON!

McBison
10-24-2008, 03:05 AM
Wow, I guess a few people are interested. Basically, here's the deal. They will be there to take pictures at BOTH the Nov. 1st game AND the SDSU game. Whichever game turns out best will be the published picture. They didn't want to wait until the SDSU game and have something turn out wrong. Instead they are doing this for a little insurance. I personally find this approach a good idea. ONE OTHER THING: The picture that Maps and More in the mall is advertising (whichever game is used), is the exact same one we'll have, at the exact same price...... Thanks for all the input. GO BISON!

Just what I wanted to read. Thank You sheelsguy for clearing the air!

BlueBisonRock
10-24-2008, 03:49 AM

Dude! Once again you come through in the clutch!

NDSUFan_Sav
10-24-2008, 04:42 AM
Dude! Once again you come through in the clutch!

HELLLLL YEAH!!!!

HerdBot
10-24-2008, 04:45 AM

Indiana State? Bad planning.

roadwarrior
10-24-2008, 10:32 AM

I guess you didn't read the updates posted just above your post.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-24-2008, 04:33 PM

hahaha, yeah doing both games Gabe Indiana st and sdsu game!!!

missingnumber7
10-24-2008, 11:41 PM
What will the dome nazis have to say about this standing and yelling?

Oh and go look at the UND picture...lots of empty seat at the Ralph.