PDA

View Full Version : Meet your 2008-2009 Bison

Mr. Burgundy
10-23-2008, 01:52 AM
I hope this provides some insight to the team this year, and how they are doing/have been doing.
Ben Woodside: Doesn't want to lose. EVER. Wants to beat everyone in every drill. Has really impressed with his leadership. Unquestioned leader of the Bison.

Winks: Really working hard. Very good on defense. You know what you are getting with him. 1st team all conf player. He is smarter than you, he knows it, and he uses it to his advantage. Very long. Crazy good rebounder.

Nelson: Chalk up his 15 points per night. Nobody works harder. Coaches dream. Will shoot close to 50% and defend anyone. Finishes great with both hands. Will probably finish 7th in all time scoring. (the above two will finish 1st and 2nd).

Tweidt: GREAT ATHLETE. Very nice shot, very long. He can guard anyone on the team. Gives bigs fits with his active body. Fast enough to guard smaller players. Would start at the 4 if it started today.

Luke: VERY QUICK in comparison to last year. Very healthy and active. Looking good. Needs to provide something down low and be able to roll to an easy 12 footer. Can really help Woody by making some post shots. THey must respect him down low. Starter.

Freddy Coleman: Best Quarterback on campus...oops, wrong thread. Best summer of all the players. Dude is stacked and a crazy athlete. For basketball fans, hope that Bohl doesn't read this. Pushing to start at the three (moving Winks to the 4). He is playing that good. Best at the 3, can guard the 1, 2, and 3 positions. Plays VERY good with the starters as he stays focused.

Carlson: He is ready. How do they keep him off the court. Pushing to start at the 4. I also wanted to end all rumors....he is a 4. PERIOD. Not a 2, not a 3. He is a 4. DONE. Had added 25 lbs since he showed up last year. He has an ability to score...alot.

Flowers: Backup at the 4 and the 5. Will see the court alot, and has a high ceiling. Needs work on some defensive fundamentals, but has all the ability. 6'7 and about 230. May tear down some rims. Works his butt off, great listener. Always in the gym. Juco ball probably just doesn't teach the fundamentals, or he maybe got away with being a better athlete.
Good time to note that nobody over 6'8 gave the Bison fits last year. They played against one 7 footer, and he did not score.

Josh Vaughn: Backup Point guard. NOT a small forward, which has been talked about on BV. Confidence is very high, very relaxed in his role. PURE shooter. Can fill it from deep. Plays both guard positions and provides great depth without much drop off.

Sam Suthenguth: Backup 5. Long and can score on the block. Dislocated toe has slowed him.

Zo: Added 10 lbs of muscle in the off season. Hello. That is typical of a freshman, but not a senior. He is a beast. Will not wow you offensively, but has a role on this team. Defense and rebounding. Must stay out of foul trouble.

Pennick: Defensive stopper. Role player that can come in and stop a hot hand. Battled injuries for last year plus. Jumper improving.

Nagle: Perfect redshirt. No minutes at the big man spot, so he will learn for the year and let the game slow down for him. He is doing very well and is LARGE. Legit 6'9 and down 10 lbs to 255.

Drew Lundberg: Northern Iowa Transfer. Will sit out this year and provide Woody a legit PG all year long to compete against. Very likely a 3 year starter at PG after he get done sitting out this year. 2nd quickest "burst" as tested by the team. Woody is first. Doesn't finish at the rim like Woody, but has a drive and dish game. VERY smart and calm. Doesn't turn the ball over. Has been a great find as a future point.

Walkons: Caleb Shockman 6'6 and Daniel Joseph 6'7. Both can play. Best walk on talent ever. Both work very hard and will provide depth.

Hope some of that helps.

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2008, 02:13 AM
Good info B, as always.

Am curious to see how Luke impacts the team, and the development of the younger players without the pressure of having to carry the team good really be a hidden gem as the year goes on.

I will be interested to see how Riley is used this year.

NDSUstudent
10-23-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm just going crazy thinking about some of the lineups Saul can put together with this group.

I also had a feeling Luke would improve, they say it takes a couple of years to fully recover from a bad knee injury. Nice to hear confident and Josh Vaughan in the same sentence, maybe there is hope for Mertens in surviving the lakes curse as well....just kidding lakes, but we do really need him to step up and fill in for Woody at times. I'm also glad to hear Freddy is starting to realize some of his potential, he showed some flashes last year and his athleticism is something you just can't teach.

I could go on and on all day about this team, the season can't start soon enough.

99Bison
10-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Still not buying the 4 for Carlson cause you say so :D :D, is there a reason for this or what you just think. To get on the court sure, but as a true 4, can't imagine anyone same size as winks pulling it off better than him... and he is undersized at 4. :D

roadwarrior
10-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Can we change the rules to allow 7 or 8 starters for each team?

sambini
10-23-2008, 04:12 AM
I hope this provides some insight to the team this year, and how they are doing/have been doing.
Ben Woodside: Doesn't want to lose. EVER. Wants to beat everyone in every drill. Has really impressed with his leadership. Unquestioned leader of the Bison.

Winks: Really working hard. Very good on defense. You know what you are getting with him. 1st team all conf player. He is smarter than you, he knows it, and he uses it to his advantage. Very long. Crazy good rebounder.

Nelson: Chalk up his 15 points per night. Nobody works harder. Coaches dream. Will shoot close to 50% and defend anyone. Finishes great with both hands. Will probably finish 7th in all time scoring. (the above two will finish 1st and 2nd).

Tweidt: GREAT ATHLETE. Very nice shot, very long. He can guard anyone on the team. Gives bigs fits with his active body. Fast enough to guard smaller players. Would start at the 4 if it started today.

Luke: VERY QUICK in comparison to last year. Very healthy and active. Looking good. Needs to provide something down low and be able to roll to an easy 12 footer. Can really help Woody by making some post shots. THey must respect him down low. Starter.

Freddy Coleman: Best Quarterback on campus...oops, wrong thread. Best summer of all the players. Dude is stacked and a crazy athlete. For basketball fans, hope that Bohl doesn't read this. Pushing to start at the three (moving Winks to the 4). He is playing that good. Best at the 3, can guard the 1, 2, and 3 positions. Plays VERY good with the starters as he stays focused.

Carlson: He is ready. How do they keep him off the court. Pushing to start at the 4. I also wanted to end all rumors....he is a 4. PERIOD. Not a 2, not a 3. He is a 4. DONE. Had added 25 lbs since he showed up last year. He has an ability to score...alot.

Flowers: Backup at the 4 and the 5. Will see the court alot, and has a high ceiling. Needs work on some defensive fundamentals, but has all the ability. 6'7 and about 230. May tear down some rims. Works his butt off, great listener. Always in the gym. Juco ball probably just doesn't teach the fundamentals, or he maybe got away with being a better athlete.
Good time to note that nobody over 6'8 gave the Bison fits last year. They played against one 7 footer, and he did not score.

Josh Vaughn: Backup Point guard. NOT a small forward, which has been talked about on BV. Confidence is very high, very relaxed in his role. PURE shooter. Can fill it from deep. Plays both guard positions and provides great depth without much drop off.

Sam Suthenguth: Backup 5. Long and can score on the block. Dislocated toe has slowed him.

Zo: Added 10 lbs of muscle in the off season. Hello. That is typical of a freshman, but not a senior. He is a beast. Will not wow you offensively, but has a role on this team. Defense and rebounding. Must stay out of foul trouble.

Pennick: Defensive stopper. Role player that can come in and stop a hot hand. Battled injuries for last year plus. Jumper improving.

Nagle: Perfect redshirt. No minutes at the big man spot, so he will learn for the year and let the game slow down for him. He is doing very well and is LARGE. Legit 6'9 and down 10 lbs to 255.

Drew Lundberg: Northern Iowa Transfer. Will sit out this year and provide Woody a legit PG all year long to compete against. Very likely a 3 year starter at PG after he get done sitting out this year. 2nd quickest "burst" as tested by the team. Woody is first. Doesn't finish at the rim like Woody, but has a drive and dish game. VERY smart and calm. Doesn't turn the ball over. Has been a great find as a future point.

Walkons: Caleb Shockman 6'6 and Daniel Joseph 6'7. Both can play. Best walk on talent ever. Both work very hard and will provide depth.

Hope some of that helps. Thanks Mr.B for your insight++++

SDHoopsfromSDSUFan
10-23-2008, 03:13 PM

Congrats to this "Tweidt" guy for making the team. Never knew they added a knew player. I'm sure he would have to compete with TVEIDT for a spot in the rotation :).

I know, I know, who cares right? Just showing you guys how uptight and nit-picky you are ;)

lakesbison
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM
We call him "TWEET'S" up here... sooo we ignore his south dakota spelling.

bisonhusker
10-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Which guy is "Tweets?" Is he the lanky kid who dropped 20 by halftime on his home state team? I can't remember.

Herd
10-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Great incites, and a goot Read!!

Creason at CSU was a 7 footer that filled it up against the bison last season. With a more mobile Luke, we'll be better off this year defending the post.

Jdubs21
10-25-2008, 03:54 PM
well said burgandy!!!