PDA

View Full Version : Kudos

JayJ79
10-22-2008, 01:40 PM
First off, I'm rather envious that you guys have a whole forum for volleyball while at PantherNation, they just group it in with "Women's Sports". But anyway.

I see you guys are currently atop the Summit League standings, so maybe we'll see you in the NCAA tournament :)
(I know, I know. can't look too far ahead, and neither NDSU or UNI are guaranteed spots in the tourney yet. but anyhow)

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2008, 05:08 PM
First off, I'm rather envious that you guys have a whole forum for volleyball while at PantherNation, they just group it in with "Women's Sports". But anyway.

I see you guys are currently atop the Summit League standings, so maybe we'll see you in the NCAA tournament :)
(I know, I know. can't look too far ahead, and neither NDSU or UNI are guaranteed spots in the tourney yet. but anyhow)

hahaha...sounds good Jay, best of luck to your team as well!!!

JayJ79
12-01-2008, 08:58 AM

Hey! Whaddya know? If the Bison can beat Minnesota, and if the Panthers can beat Iowa State (again), we WILL see each other in the NCAA tourney. :nod:

Alas, I have to work on Friday, else I would drive up for the first round matches.
(and I have a certain other sporting event to attend back in Cedar Falls on Saturday night, so no second round volleyball for me)

TheDoctor
12-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Hey! Whaddya know? If the Bison can beat Minnesota, and if the Panthers can beat Iowa State (again), we WILL see each other in the NCAA tourney. :nod:

Alas, I have to work on Friday, else I would drive up for the first round matches.
(and I have a certain other sporting event to attend back in Cedar Falls on Saturday night, so no second round volleyball for me)

A home playoff football game??? ;)

BisBison
12-04-2008, 12:47 PM
A home playoff football game??? ;)

A home playoff football game?? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

UTH
12-04-2008, 04:55 PM
A home playoff football game?? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

Unless something changes... In a couple years, there will be a freshman class (at least those fresh out of hs), who will never have even had the opportunity during their lifetime...

tjbison
12-04-2008, 08:38 PM
anybody else feel a little "upset" coming, I just think the gophers will take SU a little light!!!!:)

TheDoctor
12-05-2008, 04:58 AM
anybody else feel a little "upset" coming, I just think the gophers will take SU a little light!!!!:)

For sure I smell an upset. All these girls know how to do is win. When was the last time they lost? Seriously? I am too lazy to look, but I am going to guess early October. Thats over two months without a loss. WOW! ;)

NDSUstudent
12-05-2008, 05:29 AM
For sure I smell an upset. All these girls know how to do is win. When was the last time they lost? Seriously? I am too lazy to look, but I am going to guess early October. Thats over two months without a loss. WOW! ;)

Their last loss was to a very good Tulane team down in a New Orleans tournament on Sept. 13. The team has definitely grown up a lot since that game though.

TheDoctor
12-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Their last loss was to a very good Tulane team down in a New Orleans tournament on Sept. 13. The team has definitely grown up a lot since that game though.

Ok, three months without a loss! ;)

cbline
12-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Best wishes to the Bison women! I, for one, am glad that I am not on the other side of the net facing them! My best move would be "Duck and Cover"!!

Wacker_in_the_Hall
12-05-2008, 04:20 PM
The ladies have had a sensational year. Getting into the tournament is an accomplishment all in itself.

To beat the Gophers in Volleyball, would be the equivalent of our football team beating Penn State, Ohio State, Texas Tech. etc....

There is a definite gap in talent

NDSU will have to be flawless and hope for a collapse from the Gophers.

You never know, and that is why you play the game

NDSUFan_Sav
12-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Anyone that follows college VB have any clue of sleepers for the tourney???

d3boys
12-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Anyone that follows college VB have any clue of sleepers for the tourney???

the bison of ndsu

tcbison
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Congrats to the ladies on making the tournament. I am sure Coach H will have them coached up for tonight. The thing that I like about this years team is how young they are. The programs is headed in the right direction for years to come. Good luck tonight! Kick some Gopher butt!

sambini
12-05-2008, 05:20 PM
Congrats Bison +++

90BISON
12-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Good luck girls, you have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. Read an article somewhere that quite a few of the gals have played against each other before in AAU, which I would think would be to our advantage.

NDSUFan_Sav
12-05-2008, 09:39 PM
few of us going to bww south to watch the game.....slick b1son and whoever wlse wants to join...ndsustudent? tj? ming? have a few beers and watch for an upset