PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Buy the Summitt League Pass Last Year?

TheDoctor
10-22-2008, 05:18 AM
Wondering if anyone bought the $50 league pass last year and what your thoughts were on whether it was worth its money. I have NEVER heard a positive thing that anyone has ever said about a football game they bought and watched on the computer, but I am curious about the basketball. I want to buy it, but I also don't want to be frustrated either. ;)

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2008, 05:36 AM
Wondering if anyone bought the $50 league pass last year and what your thoughts were on whether it was worth its money. I have NEVER heard a positive thing that anyone has ever said about a football game they bought and watched on the computer, but I am curious about the basketball. I want to buy it, but I also don't want to be frustrated either. ;)

Well football through gobison.com i think is getting better, i purchased it for a friend to watch his first bison game and he said he couldn't asked for it to be any better....also was homecoming vs SIU...he's a bison fan now :)

SlickVic
10-22-2008, 02:20 PM
i was planning on paying and playing those games thru my ps3 but being i sold it to hit the psu game not sure anymore...didnt take a real close look at your tv but most of the newer hdtvs have compute hook ups where u can feed the comp screen thru the tv the hd projector thats stuck at my mas does but ive never tried it...thats the only way id ever order that bs is if it were to be whatched on a larger tv screen but its tough to say picture quality wise may be worse...if i were u id order the nba league pass for a measley $129 thats the sickest steal of all time over 500 nba reg season games in HD my oh my...

ndsubison1
10-22-2008, 04:25 PM
i was planning on paying and playing those games thru my ps3 but being i sold it to hit the psu game not sure anymore...didnt take a real close look at your tv but most of the newer hdtvs have compute hook ups where u can feed the comp screen thru the tv the hd projector thats stuck at my mas does but ive never tried it...thats the only way id ever order that bs is if it were to be whatched on a larger tv screen but its tough to say picture quality wise may be worse...if i were u id order the nba league pass for a measley $129 thats the sickest steal of all time over 500 nba reg season games in HD my oh my...

nba? who cares... college bball=real bball

SlickVic
10-22-2008, 05:17 PM
nba? who cares... college bball=real bball

where u at UND?? need the "not this sh++ again" pic lol

ndsubison1
10-22-2008, 05:46 PM
where u at UND?? need the "not this sh++ again" pic lol

what does und have to do with this

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2008, 11:04 PM
what does und have to do with this

hahaha no idea

I agree Ming, college ball is better, college atmospheres and just the want to do well to make the tourney and then later on hope to make the NBA.

NorCalJack
10-23-2008, 12:03 AM

Ok, lets get this thread back on topic. I ponied up the $50 to view all of the basketball games last year and all in all I would rate it about a 7 or 8 out of 10. All of the games at SDSU were above average. They at least had announcers and they were fairly decent.

The road games, that was a different story. Sometimes nobody would turn on the video feed, so even though the game was playing, the video was not on. I remember the Oral Roberts game was that way, they finally turned on the video in the 2nd half, but still no audio. They would cut to the announcers and you could see them talking, but no audio was coming out of the speakers.

The Western Illinois announcers were the worst. I think it was two college kids interning. They complained about every foul or non-foul. I finally had to turn off the audio and listened to the SDSU radio broadcast, even though the radio and video was not sync'ed.

Centenary had no announcers. I gave up on the IUPUI game. Nobody turned on the video equipment until the game was over. I e-mailed people at the Summit League office and IUPUI, but never got a response. I sent probably 5 or 6 e-mails to the Summit League office to complain about it, but nobody ever replyed.

So since I live so far away from the games, I probably will get the video feed again this year. This way I can watch all of the home games, because the SDSU video feed and announcers were pretty good and for me that represents about half of the games I want to watch anyway.
Most of the games on the road had either poor announcers or no announcers. I would also play the radio broadcast when no video announcers were on, but the announcers were always about 10 seconds ahead of the video feed.

I really can't comment on the NDSU video, I had other obligations those nights and did not catch the games, sorry.

If for some reason you can't make it to the Summit League tourney, watching it on the video feed is a good alternative. The men's championship game will be on TV, but the other games will be on-line.

Last year and the year before the women's team made the WNIT and I was able to watch all of the games. Just being able to watch the game in Wyoming was worth the $50 that year. All in all it is a good value, but there are some headaches along the way.

I would think that as time goes on, some of these universities will get better about turning on the video equipment, but you never know.

Hope that helped you out.

Go State!!!

TheDoctor
10-23-2008, 04:43 AM
Ok, lets get this thread back on topic. I ponied up the $50 to view all of the basketball games last year and all in all I would rate it about a 7 or 8 out of 10. All of the games at SDSU were above average. They at least had announcers and they were fairly decent.

The road games, that was a different story. Sometimes nobody would turn on the video feed, so even though the game was playing, the video was not on. I remember the Oral Roberts game was that way, they finally turned on the video in the 2nd half, but still no audio. They would cut to the announcers and you could see them talking, but no audio was coming out of the speakers.

The Western Illinois announcers were the worst. I think it was two college kids interning. They complained about every foul or non-foul. I finally had to turn off the audio and listened to the SDSU radio broadcast, even though the radio and video was not sync'ed.

Centenary had no announcers. I gave up on the IUPUI game. Nobody turned on the video equipment until the game was over. I e-mailed people at the Summit League office and IUPUI, but never got a response. I sent probably 5 or 6 e-mails to the Summit League office to complain about it, but nobody ever replyed.

So since I live so far away from the games, I probably will get the video feed again this year. This way I can watch all of the home games, because the SDSU video feed and announcers were pretty good and for me that represents about half of the games I want to watch anyway.
Most of the games on the road had either poor announcers or no announcers. I would also play the radio broadcast when no video announcers were on, but the announcers were always about 10 seconds ahead of the video feed.

I really can't comment on the NDSU video, I had other obligations those nights and did not catch the games, sorry.

If for some reason you can't make it to the Summit League tourney, watching it on the video feed is a good alternative. The men's championship game will be on TV, but the other games will be on-line.

Last year and the year before the women's team made the WNIT and I was able to watch all of the games. Just being able to watch the game in Wyoming was worth the $50 that year. All in all it is a good value, but there are some headaches along the way.

I would think that as time goes on, some of these universities will get better about turning on the video equipment, but you never know.

Hope that helped you out.

Go State!!!

Thank you VERY much! Thats what I was looking for! ;)

99Bison
10-23-2008, 05:07 AM
I bought it last year. It was ok, a little disappointing in the size 320x240 was about as big as you could go without poor distortion. Also, had occasional dropped audio problems. However, it was better than just radio for watching the road games. Lighting and camera man at the various arena's affected it alot. Did not watch any bsa games on it.

I'd give it 5-6 out of 10.

Herd
10-23-2008, 11:33 PM
I had it too. I give it 2 of 4 stars. When you buy the league pass, you expect video and audio, and it really disappointing to only get video most of the time (NDSU included), then have poor reliability on top of that.

If all NDSU games were on Gobison.com with video and audit, that would be my preferrence as I already have all-access. I was fun to get some of the other conf games however. With NDSU, most of the time I watched the Summit video with the Scottie feed off gobison, and they usually didn't match up. Pain in the ass.

There should be some minimum standards for summit TV, with both audit/video required and a little requirement for reliability mixed. People, including myself would buy it if these standards were met, and it was decent quality.

SlickVic
10-29-2008, 02:18 AM
like i was saying to sav eairler oden and the blazers in hd tonight baby at the lakers kobe bynums back along w lamar and sasha my oh my nba baby getcha popcorn ready ;) league pass we comin we comin!!!!!!

NorCalJack
10-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Well I will add to my previous post. I went on the Summit website to check out how much it would cost this year and when I tried to sign up, the site did not have any packages listed. To me this is a little frustrating, I mean some schools have games on Saturday and if you wanted to purchase the Summit League TV package, you can't. So I fired them an e-mail.

Then I thought I would look at the schedule to see what games are going to be on and I was suprised (well maybe not too suprised) that the SDSU WBB games were not listed. Well they did list one game that will be an exhibition game. They do not have the home games of Wisconsin, Oregon and Utah that play at Frost in mid November. So I fired them another e-mail.

I'm leaving Sunday for a weeks vacation, so I probably won't be able to update anyone as to the status of signing up until I get back. I was hopeful that things would improve from year to year with the Summit League TV package, but maybe not. I feel the frustration building in me already.:ranting:

Thank god I'm going on vacation soon.

Ivy
10-31-2008, 05:35 AM
I think you should be able to see all of the NDSU home games through NDSU's website if you sign up for all access...they are listed on the "live events" right now. Does anyone know if the Summit League has turned it back over to each school this year? Not sure if NDSU away games will be there -- those are the ones I'm interested in seeing, but it isn't showing those yet.

If you want to watch non-NDSU games. (i.e. Oral Roberts at SDSU), you should get the Summit League one.

pwbnd
11-03-2008, 05:17 PM
According to this page:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1440271&DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=

All gobison.com All Access customers should be able to get the basketball games as part of their subscription

Bisonsister
11-03-2008, 08:06 PM
The gobison access is only for the home games, correct? How are we going to watch the away games?

Hammersmith
11-03-2008, 08:56 PM
The gobison access is only for the home games, correct? How are we going to watch the away games?

I think we get all conference away games with GoBison except for Oakland(they use CSTV instead of JumpTV). We also get a couple non-conference away games if the host school also uses JumpTV and agrees to share the feed(Missouri St FB, Denver WBB). I'm pretty confident about this since several conference away games are listed on GoBison's Live Events page. Those games weren't listed last year when the Summit League subscription was required for conference games. However, the MBB/WBB schedule pages don't have links for the away games, so that's a bit of contradictory information.

If you want away games that are not part of the JumpTV family or are not shared, you will need to purchase them individually through the host school's website.