PDA

View Full Version : 2008-2009 Depth Chart

Herd
10-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Wow, this team has a lot of experience. Here how my depth Chart looks for most minutes by position, followed by my Preseason nominations:

5: Moormann, Sussenguth, Riley
4: Flowers, Tveidt, Riley, Daniel
3: Winkelman, Carlson, Coleman
2: Nelson, Vaughan, Coleman
1: Woody, Pennick, Vaughan

Redshirt: Nagel, Shockman
Transfer: Lundberg

Starting Linesups: 1 Most Probable (1-3)
Starting 1: Moormann, Flowers, Winkleman, Nelson, Woody
Starting 2: Moormann, Winkleman, Vaughan, Nelson, Woody
Starting 3: Moormann, Tveidt, Winkleman, Nelson, Woody

Preseason Nominations:
Guy I'd get minutes: Carlson
Instant Offense off the bench: Vaughan
Need Some Defense: Pennick, Coleman, Riley
Hype or Hope: Flowers
Use all 5: Sussenguth
Time for a throwdown: Coleman, Riley
Last year didn't cut it/STEP UP: Moormann, Saul
Cold Blooded from 3: Nelson
Need 2 to win: Woody
25/10's got ESPN talkin: Winkleman

NDSUFan_Sav
10-21-2008, 11:57 PM
I agree with you Moormann needs to step it up if he can get 6-8 points with 10-12 boards and 1-3 blocks, that would help!!!

99Bison
10-22-2008, 02:20 AM
Yeah, even if Moorman and the (non winks) 4 spot combined can avg 16 pts and 14 boards, we'd be onto somthing.

Herd
10-22-2008, 02:35 AM
I think Coleman and Carlson need minutes, but it will be tough competition for minutes this year, a good problem to have for Saul. Someone isn't going to be happy with their minutes, but winning would solve this problem.

Coleman brings some good toughness to the team that sometimes they lacked last year. These guys are pretty solid at 10-12 deep . . . it should be a fun year!

NDSUstudent
10-22-2008, 02:41 AM
I'd put Vaughan at the backup PG spot, and Carlson can also play the 2.

Even though I'm excited about what Flowers can bring, I really want to see Carlson. He looked great when I saw him last year and we will need players like him to step up big after the Big 4 graduate this year.

Herd
10-22-2008, 03:33 AM
This will be the first DI year that we have had depth to play with a team like Minnesota. Last year, our starters played way too many minutes and were wore down in the 2nd half. We need to play 10 guys and keep Woody's minutes in the 32 range . . . keep him fresh(er).

huskon4ever
10-22-2008, 04:44 AM
Of of right now, I would tend to guess that for starters you'll be lookin at lineup #3 with Tveidt gettin the initial start at the 4. From what I've heard, D came in a little outta shape. I also agree with the student that JV will be backup point as he was last year, and AP will be off the bench at the 2. I as well hope to see some additional minutes for Fred and Carlson this year, but those will be hard to come by. I also wouldn't mind seeing Moorms and Goose on the floor at the same time once in awhile just to change things up. Lets hoop it up!:D

TheBisonator
10-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I see someone by the name of Daniel Joseph on the roster. He's listed as a sophomore. Is he a transfer or a former JUCO?? I never heard of him.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2008, 04:52 PM
I think a walk on???? from NY???

not to sure sorry....

Road, B1son? anyone know?

BisonAccountant44
10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
I think a walk on???? from NY???

not to sure sorry....

Road, B1son? anyone know?

This is all I know about him.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13802

roadwarrior
10-22-2008, 05:50 PM
A walk on.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2008, 06:10 PM
A walk on.

have you heard if he'll help out the team or if he'll get any playing time or how he is???

huskon4ever
10-23-2008, 04:19 AM
have you heard if he'll help out the team or if he'll get any playing time or how he is???

A walk-on from NY, enough said. From what I've heard, not too good. Has trouble gettin up and down the court and can't make anything. Can't imagine with the depth that he'll see the court this year.

X-Factor
10-24-2008, 04:16 AM
My personal opinion is that Moorman will be the one who gets minutes cut. He is really our only big, but if your not producing your not producing.

I'm thinking:

Flowers
Winks
Carlson
Nelson
Woodside

could be a powerful combo

ndsubison1
10-24-2008, 05:55 AM
I am really excited in watching Carlson play

bisonhusker
10-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Woody
Nelson
Winks
Tveidt
Luke
That is the starting lineup.

Josh Vaughn will backup both guard spots.
Flowers can play both big man spots. More of a reserve this year as he develops. Will not make "Andre" type impact this year. He has upside like nobody else athletically though.
Carlson will get alot of minutes at the 4. Potential starter?
Freddy will play alot at the 2-3. Could start at the 3, moving Winks to the 4.
Sam, backup at the 5.

Also, Joseph the walkon is not a bad player at all. He may not crack this lineup, but he is one heck of a walk on player.

NDSUstudent
10-24-2008, 03:46 PM
My personal opinion is that Moorman will be the one who gets minutes cut. He is really our only big, but if your not producing your not producing.

I'm thinking:

Flowers
Winks
Carlson
Nelson
Woodside

I think we could see a different Luke this year because his knee should be a lot stronger now.

Herd
10-24-2008, 03:58 PM

I'm thinking:

Flowers
Winks
Carlson
Nelson
Woodside

That is an awfully small lineup as Flowers is no taller than 22 or 25. You get crushed inside by ORU, Oakland and IUPUI with that lineup. See team pic at Gobison.com. Flowers is really 6'6 at best, seen clearly in the pics.

After reading everyone input, the starters will be: Luke, Tveidt, Winks, Nelly, Woody

The more I hear about Flowers, the more I think that Tveidt will have a bigger role than flowers at the 4 this year. Flowers provides added depth, and that is good.

I also agree that Moormann will be much improved and more mobile this year. I'm going to cut him some slack coming off his injury last year.

Herd
11-01-2008, 12:50 PM
The guy I'd also like to see get some minutes this year is Riley. At the 4, he should be able to give the Bison what they need . . . reboudning and blocked shots. It's hard to understand why he wasn't emerged as more of force for the Bison. With the starting unit, we really don't need a scorer at the 4.

I remember in 2006-07, in Brookings, he controlled the paint and swatted any stray shots that got in his way. I felt at that time he was really starting to step up. But last years ineligible period looks like it set him back. However, I think he is more of a defensive presence than Flowers will ever be and could be a pleasant surprise this year.

What do you think of Riley's chances of a major contribution in 08-09?

Mr. Burgundy
11-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Good question. Here is the answer. Riley is a role player. He simply cannot shoot the ball, and they are not forced to guard him. (Like Corey Brewer of the wolves last year). You must pose at least a small threat to be able to score. He is a foul waiting to happen. Coaches watch film. ALOT OF FILM. They know that Riley is in the popcorn machine. He is always jumping. He would rather swat your shot than chest up. They pump fake him up to the rafters and go to the foul line. He will give great spot minutes, and when confident can really do some great/athletic things. I still remember a block he had at Drake as a freshman. I promise you it was the best block shot in Bison history. Anyway, he will get some spot minutes, but adding Carlson and Flowers to the 4 position this year isn't going to help his cause. But, he has added a bunch of muscle....scary! That may really improve his cause. Great kid, and I hope he will see the floor.

Herd
11-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Exellent input on Riley! Yeah, I look at his picture and see the muscle and athleticism that this team despirately needs. I hope he can make a good contribution. He would seem to be a good compliment to Moormann's size and relative lack of athleticism.

It really would have been good to reshirt him his first year and work to develop his O-skills which have never really developed. Next year they could really use him inside, and he would get more minutes. I hope for the best for this young man.

TheDoctor
11-05-2008, 05:22 PM
This is all I know about him.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13802

He didn't play last night due to a concussion. ;)