PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we got a Rivalry Brewing...

ndsubison1
10-21-2008, 07:27 AM
After reading all the comments between the game from Saturday and between here on Bisonville and Panthernation... things are getting a little heated... I am getting excited to play UNI at home next year! I have a feeling something is starting up between us...

NDSUFan_Sav
10-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Oh its started!!!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

BigBison
10-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Yeah I say its ON!!!! Maybe a trophy game? Battle of the Domes and some kind of Dome trophy. Battle of the corn-wheat trophy, lol, one being corn one being wheat. How about a windmill?

PantherHawk Says Hey Spud
10-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Yeah I say its ON!!!! Maybe a trophy game? Battle of the Domes and some kind of Dome trophy. Battle of the corn-wheat trophy, lol, one being corn one being wheat. How about a windmill?

How about.........."The Battle of Who Had The Best Team in '06 & '07" since you guys are going to be squawking that line until they throw dirt in your face?

sambini
10-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Bring it on ++++

BisonAccountant44
10-21-2008, 12:42 PM
I can't wait. I've been saying all along, give this rivalry another 4-5 years and it will be "the big game" on the schedule every year. SDSU will continue to be big, but just won't have that natural/traditional rivalry feel (call it hatred if you will), and if we ever play the trucks again I don't see how it can be the same as it was.

WYOBISONMAN
10-21-2008, 01:46 PM
How about.........."The Battle of Who Had The Best Team in '06 & '07" since you guys are going to be squawking that line until they throw dirt in your face?

Nothing wrong with a little trash talking to keep emotions high.....

PantherHawk Says Hey Spud
10-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Nothing wrong with a little trash talking to keep emotions high.....
I see................is that why I was banned last year? The old "can dish it out but can't take it" concept?

CaBisonFan
10-21-2008, 03:09 PM
After reading all the comments between the game from Saturday and between here on Bisonville and Panthernation... things are getting a little heated... I am getting excited to play UNI at home next year! I have a feeling something is starting up between us...

You're exactly right...and it was a 'heated' rivalry that got very chippy back in the NCC days. It's a 'natural.'

Part of it is that we recruit for a lot of the same players from the Twin Cities.

SirHinn
10-21-2008, 03:23 PM
I see................is that why I was banned last year? The old "can dish it out but can't take it" concept?

No you were banned last year because you continously tried to cause conflict. There is a difference coming in and talking about Bison athletics or non stop talking about how UNI is going to destroy the Bison in everything.

bisonhusker
10-21-2008, 03:36 PM
I hope next year they don't "Out tailgate us" like we did to them this year. I really don't think it will happen. I also hope their quarterback comes up here and gives them 5 turnovers. Bottom line....we need to win next year. Their crowd was embarrassing. Half of them left, they were not loud, they were 5,000 short of a sellout, they have red, yellow, and blue seats, they have a cement wall in each endzone........stay classy Waterloo...yuck.

They will bring 200 fans up here next year, and we will play smash mouth...unlike this year. Good times, love rivalry games.

JayJ79
10-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I hope next year they don't "Out tailgate us" like we did to them this year. I really don't think it will happen. I also hope their quarterback comes up here and gives them 5 turnovers. Bottom line....we need to win next year. Their crowd was embarrassing. Half of them left, they were not loud, they were 5,000 short of a sellout, they have red, yellow, and blue seats, they have a cement wall in each endzone........stay classy Waterloo...yuck.

They will bring 200 fans up here next year, and we will play smash mouth...unlike this year. Good times, love rivalry games.

You guys travel better (fans) than us, and probably "out tailgate" us (however that is measured). I'll give you that.

But neither of those things really makes a difference on the field, which is where it matters. And I'm sorry, but I just don't think we'll ever come close to matching the performance of your quarterback from this past Saturday....

The crowd WAS embarrassing. We've lamented that at length on Panthernation. But you need to get better at math.

And hey, we have padding on those cement walls :p
(after one very scary incident during a playoff game in '92)

JayJ79
10-21-2008, 04:55 PM

I agree. This will definately develop into a rivalry. (or should I say, re-develop, from the NCC days).

Which, on one hand I look forward to on the competitive level.
But, on the other hand, the petty bickering and namecalling (from both sides) gets old really fast.

NOTOM
10-21-2008, 05:06 PM
I agree. This will definately develop into a rivalry. (or should I say, re-develop, from the NCC days).

Which, on one hand I look forward to on the competitive level.
But, on the other hand, the petty bickering and namecalling (from both sides) gets old really fast.

I agree with your bickering comment. Its fun to jaw back and forth within reason....Let the teams decide who is better. Every school has their mouthpieces which is fine, but it brings everyone else down to their level. On that note; UNI best bring their A-game next year, the BISON will look to even the score and our fans will show everyone in Panther Land how it should be done. (Tailgating, noise level during game, etc....)

bisonhusker
10-21-2008, 06:47 PM
To be fair next year, we will spot you 10 points. In return, we expect your quarterback to give it to us at 5 opportune times.

You don't know how tailgating is measured???

td577
10-21-2008, 06:56 PM
I like the Missouri Valley conference and think some very very fierce rivalries will develop over the next few years. NIU and SDSU should be very natural rivalries, but trading wins with 5-6 teams every other year and deep playoff runs by MVFC teams will keep momentum going and relationships developing.

The only downfall to this is the rate the MVFC lose teams to FBS. It would be neat if the conference can build itself to the point of FCS dominance and be forced to move together. Build the rivalries up and take them with you.

JayJ79
10-21-2008, 06:56 PM
You don't know how tailgating is measured???

Level of police presence?
The number of drunken idiots?
location and amount of porta-potties?

BigBison
10-21-2008, 08:20 PM
How about this, when or if this rivaly gets really heated we should move the game to the metrodome, halfway between schools, lots of alumni in the twin cities. Metrodome wont be used for anything else, gophers will be gone. I would think we could 25,000-30,000 Bison fans there and about the same of UNI fans. One half of the dome purple one half green, ok maybe the twin cities wouldnt go for it because its in Minnesota and the two teams playing have nothing to do with Minnesota. But the money I would think would be worth it to the TC businesses. And the schools could maybe pay to rent out the dome. Just a suggestion.

Civil06
10-21-2008, 08:21 PM
How about this, when or if this rivaly gets really heated we should move the game to the metrodome, halfway between schools, lots of alumni in the twin cities. Metrodome wont be used for anything else, gophers will be gone. I would think we could 25,000-30,000 Bison fans there and about the same of UNI fans. Just a suggestion.

As long as it's a year that UNI has the home game.:)

HandoEX
10-21-2008, 08:22 PM
How about this, when or if this rivaly gets really heated we should move the game to the metrodome, halfway between schools, lots of alumni in the twin cities. Metrodome wont be used for anything else, gophers will be gone. I would think we could 25,000-30,000 Bison fans there and about the same of UNI fans. Just a suggestion.

Wow, great idea! Two dome teams meeting half way in Minneapolis. Count me in...especially if it's during UNI's turn for a home game! haha

NDSUFan_Sav
10-21-2008, 09:34 PM
How about this, when or if this rivaly gets really heated we should move the game to the metrodome, halfway between schools, lots of alumni in the twin cities. Metrodome wont be used for anything else, gophers will be gone. I would think we could 25,000-30,000 Bison fans there and about the same of UNI fans. One half of the dome purple one half green, ok maybe the twin cities wouldnt go for it because its in Minnesota and the two teams playing have nothing to do with Minnesota. But the money I would think would be worth it to the TC businesses. And the schools could maybe pay to rent out the dome. Just a suggestion.

I like the idea, but will this actually happen doubt it...Also, you can drink during the game :)

bisonmike2
10-21-2008, 09:40 PM

I think it's a great idea. 1/2 way for each school. Big venue. If marketed right we could position it as a sort of "Red River Shootout" that Texas and Oklahoma have but for the FCS level.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-21-2008, 09:42 PM
I think it's a great idea. 1/2 way for each school. Big venue. If marketed right we could position it as a sort of "Red River Shootout" that Texas and Oklahoma have but for the FCS level.

Is there a way we can talk to someone about this to get the idea thrown out there????

BigBison
10-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Is there a way we can talk to someone about this to get the idea thrown out there????

Probably have to wait 5-10 years to let the rivaly build up.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Probably have to wait 5-10 years to let the rivaly build up.

heck the dome could be gone in 10 years???

BigBison
10-21-2008, 10:47 PM
heck the dome could be gone in 10 years???

Well then it could be at the new Vikings stadium.

99Bison
10-22-2008, 02:23 AM
Um, guys a 4-2 UNI team had ~10,000 of their own fans at a home game, granted maybe unknown to the locals a bit, but seriously doubt they'd get able to get more than that traveling 3.5 hrs. Similarly, you're going to get 30k bison fans to travel 3.5 hrs to watch a UNI game. MN yes, UNI no.

onbison09
10-22-2008, 02:29 AM
OK Mplsbison :rofl: :D . Just kidding man he always brings that up about UND. Nevermind. Just made me lol.

BigBison
10-22-2008, 03:17 AM
Well its a stupid idea with UND. But I think we could get more if it becomes a big rivalry. Lots of NDSU and UNI alumni in the twin cities.

ndsubison1
10-22-2008, 04:08 AM
OK Mplsbison :rofl: :D . Just kidding man he always brings that up about UND. Nevermind. Just made me lol.

it would make more sense to play UND in Hillsboro than Minneapolis... i hated it when he would bring this up