PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we aint the only ones with a crappy o-line

bisonmike2
10-20-2008, 06:59 PM
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081020/SPORTS0202/810200323/1002/sports

SDSU has allowed 30 sacks this year including 10 (wow) against Cal-Poly last weekend. Is it possible that the only scoring for either team in the Battle for the Rock will come from fumbles recovered after sacking the quarterbacks?

roadwarrior
10-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Ouch! And a measly 8,311 fans got to watch it in Brookings.

bisonmike2
10-20-2008, 07:35 PM

And they were happy with that number. Apparently 8,300 is a record number (by 1,700) for the home game following Hobo Days.

GOB1SON
10-20-2008, 07:53 PM
And they were giving away tickets in the newspaper!

HandoEX
10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Up or down, we'll always have more support for our SU than the bunnies! I still can't wait for November 22nd:nod:

BisoninNWMN
10-21-2008, 12:46 AM
LOL.....8300 with free tx give-aways.....LOL

Even with the season we are having......attendance at Indiana State will be 15k + and SDSU will be a sell-out.

I'll be renewing my season tx for next year:D :D

GO BISON

jackrabbit1979
10-22-2008, 10:35 PM
By no means am I trying to make excuses for a crappy attendance number or a crappy o-line, but a few things to ponder:

1. Our o-line has been terrible, we had two starters out against Cal-Poly (they have actually been out since WIU I think) and lost another starter during the Cal-Poly game. Our depth has started to build, but with this being the first year we have been at a full scholarship level we aren't there yet. 3 of the 5 starters questionable or out for Saturday's game, our O-line might get worse before it gets better. Good thing we have Indiana St. this week.

2. 8300 fans is unexcusable, but sad to say its been the norm for post Hobo Day games at SDSU - we can't seem to shake that philosophy although it looks to be getting better. My understanding is that there were only 100 coupons turned in for free tickets (2 per coupon), so 8100 was the paid attendance.

3. Remember, SDSU counts butts in seats not paid attendance for their games. I believe this is different than NDSU as you guys count tickets sold as your attendance. We still don't hold a candle to what your crowds are, but the numbers do get closer (empty blue seats in the FFD during "sellouts" anyone!?!) when you use the same measuring stick.

4. You have a controlled football environment to draw people into. I would be curious to see how many of the fair weather Bison fans that you all complain about on this board would show up for a football game at 30 degrees and windy. Or with rain in the forecast. Unfortunately, the weather plays a factor on attendance at SDSU, it doesn't at NDSU.

5. This past Saturday (Cal-Poly game) was the Pheasant Opener in SD. If you think hunting is big in ND and can take fans away from Bison games, you should see the situation here. Pheasant Opener is a bigger holiday than Christmas or Thanksgiving for a lot of families, and those once a year traditions (like pheasant opener) are hard to break to attend a football game at SDSU.

Like I said, not making excuses. A lot of us SDSU fans would kill for the support that the Bison get in Fargo via attendance and $$$. We are getting closer to being there, but still have a ways to go.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-23-2008, 12:15 AM

Two words:

Pheasant Opener.

This is bigger than the 4th of July or Christmas in SD. Been there, done that, never again. The U Mary/Northern game was scheduled for Thursday night so it would not conflict with Sat. Pheasant Opener.

roadwarrior
10-23-2008, 02:38 AM
Its not fair when jackrabbit comes on and gives us logical reasons for the attendance.:D

Bison101
10-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Well, Lardinois will be sure to go out with a bang!