PDA

View Full Version : Big Time Shake-Up at QB Might Be Coming

Da_Bizon
10-20-2008, 06:02 PM
According to the Forum, Bohl is thinking about taking off Mohler's redshirt. Not sure if this is the best idea since the season is pretty much shot already, but it could be interesting. Or, it could be a scare tactic to kick the team in gear.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=219149

stevdock
10-20-2008, 06:03 PM
You beat me:)

rutlandbison
10-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Give Fabry a shot first.

lakesbison
10-20-2008, 06:09 PM
What A Joke.

stevdock
10-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Give either Fabry or Jackson a shot first. Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now to pull a redshirt with 4 games left. If they would have done it a couple games ago, fine, but not right now.

bisonmike2
10-20-2008, 06:12 PM
This is a stupid move. If it's done to motivate Mertens, than fine, but if they are seriously thinking about blowing a kids red-shirt after the season is shot. That's ridiculous. Jose should be an ultra emergency option only this year. Mertens goes down, Jackson in. Jackson goes down, put in a RB in at qb and run the option. All of our RB's go down, grab a kid from the student section. Then if that kid goes down put Jose in there.

lakesbison
10-20-2008, 06:14 PM
PUT MERTENS IN THE GOD DAM SHOTGUN!!

MY GOD!!!!!!! THAT WOULD HELP!! (i.e-see So. Ill comeback!)

NDSUstudent
10-20-2008, 06:14 PM
This is a stupid move. If it's done to motivate Mertens, than fine, but if they are seriously thinking about blowing a kids red-shirt after the season is shot. That's ridiculous. Jose should be an ultra emergency option only this year. Mertens goes down, Jackson in. Jackson goes down, put in a RB in at qb and run the option. All of our RB's go down, grab a kid from the student section. Then if that kid goes down put Jose in there.

Disagree, I don't want to see Mohler going into Ames next year with not a single real snap under his belt. If he is going to be a factor next year you may as well get him some snaps now. I don't think Jackson or Fabry are seen as real options at this point, I think this QB decision is aimed at doing what is best for the future.

roadwarrior
10-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Mohler has been travelling with the team this year, as did Mertens when he redshirted. The 3rd string QB always needs to be on the sidelines ready to go in the game. (Remember the playoff game in 2000 at Omaha)

bisonmike2
10-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Disagree, I don't want to see Mohler going into Ames next year with not a single real snap under his belt. If he is going to be a factor next year you may as well get him some snaps now. I don't think Jackson or Fabry are seen as real options at this point, I think this QB decision is aimed at doing what is best for the future.

I see that point. Somebody, maybe you, put in another thread that if Bohl pulls his redshirt now he basically is saying he has no faith in Mertens to lead the team next year and he wants to get Mohler as much experience as possible. It's a tough decision. I want this kid to have a shot at 4 full years of PT but I also don't want him thrown to the wolves next year.

SDbison
10-20-2008, 06:26 PM
It is about time! So what if Mohler loses a half year. He gets the rest of this throwaway season to mature. He would still have 3 years to play. Maybe for once the Bison will have a viable qood QB after nexts years recruiting, and the following year, and so on, that can push Mohler if he ends up doing well. Mertens had his chance and failed.

56BISON73
10-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I see that point. Somebody, maybe you, put in another thread that if Bohl pulls his redshirt now he basically is saying he has no faith in Mertens to lead the team next year and he wants to get Mohler as much experience as possible. It's a tough decision. I want this kid to have a shot at 4 full years of PT but I also don't want him thrown to the wolves next year.

I like the idea of him getting some snaps this year BUT that isnt always feasible. Many QBs go through the same scenario and do just fine without actual game experience. If hes got what it takes he will do fine. To play him this year is very short sighted.
PL

NDSUstudent
10-20-2008, 06:30 PM

I didn't post that but I agree. It isn't ideal but at some point you have to see what the kid has so the team can prepare for next year. I really don't think the coaches would do this if they didn't think he could play right away next year.

KTF
10-20-2008, 06:37 PM
How about rotating Mohler and Mertens every other series? If things aren't going good for one the other is still comfortable with the game...

Flashback to 2003 or 2004 when Stauss was doing nothing in Greeley and NDSU rallied behind Walker to almost beat UNC... He went on to be a great player.

Maybe coach is doing some investigation to see if he needs to recruit 2-3 QB's since they got burned on Mertens and have nothing in the wings right now...

NDSUstudent
10-20-2008, 06:38 PM
I like the idea of him getting some snaps this year BUT that isnt always feasible. Many QBs go through the same scenario and do just fine without actual game experience. If hes got what it takes he will do fine. To play him this year is very short sighted.
PL

I wouldn't call it short sighted, it is a roll of the dice either way. You have to admit that if Mohler is our starting QB next year with zero game experience it is a risky proposition.

56BISON73
10-20-2008, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't call it short sighted, it is a roll of the dice either way. You have to admit that if Mohler is our starting QB next year with zero game experience it is a risky proposition.

I see what you mean. But I think some are using that as an excuse to justifying the change and pulling his red shirt at this juncture.
But it is a roll of the dice. But as I said before. Many QBs come in and do just fine at there first swing at the plate.
If coach thinks this is a good move then he has his reasons and Jose had better play every down the remainder of the season regardless of his performance because hes stuck with Mertens for 6 games. PL

Bison"FANatic"
10-20-2008, 06:55 PM
What is going to be best for next year. This year is shot, done, gone. We need to be figuring out what is going to be best for the team next year. Do we want a QB with no game experience leading the team next year or do we get the kid some playing time so we can find out how we sit for next year. I am normally all for leaving redshirts on but this may be a case where it needs to be pulled for success next year. I don't know I go back and forth as I type this on what should be done. If he is good I sure would like him for four years after this though.

It's my opinion that we have NO starting QB for next year at this time on the active roster.

GOB1SON
10-20-2008, 07:08 PM
OK. My two cents.

Pulling Mohler's redshirt would be a waste of a year for him. I am more interested in what is best for the long term success of the team than instant gratification. A win this weekend accomplishes nothing at this point. We are playing for pride, that is all.

Those of you who are using the Iowa State game for justification (Jose won't be ready for Iowa State if he doesn't get some game reps). Well, I am sure Coach will take that under advisement.

Here is another thing to consider. If Mertens, who is a senior (yeah I know junior, but a redshirt junior, which means he is a senior), at the tender age of 21 can't handle the pressure of the MVFC, how in the hell is a 18 year old going too? (once again, I understand differences in personality, etc...). Maybe Jose is spanish for Steve, but maybe it isn't!

And suppose, just suppose HE throws 4 INT's this weekend. Who we gonna burn in effigy then? Perles? Bohl? With how our OL is blocking, that kid might just quit and head back to San Diego.

I am just as dissapointed as anyone in how the year has played out, but guess what, get used to it. UNI is a very, very good program and they only make the playoff's every other year (or was I the only one who saw the big sign on the north end of the field?)

bisonmike2
10-20-2008, 07:16 PM
OK. My two cents.

Here is another thing to consider. If Mertens, who is a senior (yeah I know junior, but a redshirt junior, which means he is a senior), at the tender age of 21 can't handle the pressure of the MVFC, how in the hell is a 18 year old going too?

Most of your post is great but I disagree with this. A higher chronilogical age does not equal greater maturity. I know plenty of 30 year olds who at like their 18, and I've known a couple of 18 year olds who've acted more responsible than people twice their age.

NDSUstudent
10-20-2008, 07:18 PM
OK. My two cents.

Pulling Mohler's redshirt would be a waste of a year for him. I am more interested in what is best for the long term success of the team than instant gratification. A win this weekend accomplishes nothing at this point. We are playing for pride, that is all.

The general consensus is pull his redshirt for the future not instant gratification. I don't think pulling his redshirt is a waste if it helps him better prepare for next year, I would rather get the kinks worked out now then do it next year. The MVFC is too tough, and the season too short to wait another year for a QB to develop on the fly.

HerdBot
10-20-2008, 07:26 PM
OK. My two cents.

Those of you who are using the Iowa State game for justification (Jose won't be ready for Iowa State if he doesn't get some game reps). Well, I am sure Coach will take that under advisement.

Here is another thing to consider. If Mertens, who is a senior (yeah I know junior, but a redshirt junior, which means he is a senior), at the tender age of 21 can't handle the pressure of the MVFC, how in the hell is a 18 year old going too? (once again, I understand differences in personality, etc...). Maybe Jose is spanish for Steve, but maybe it isn't!

And suppose, just suppose HE throws 4 INT's this weekend. Who we gonna burn in effigy then? Perles? Bohl? With how our OL is blocking, that kid might just quit and head back to San Diego.

I am just as dissapointed as anyone in how the year has played out, but guess what, get used to it. UNI is a very, very good program and they only make the playoff's every other year (or was I the only one who saw the big sign on the north end of the field?)

It is in our longterm best interest to play Moehler now so we have a good QB so we can make a playoff run next year. Do we really want to open up his career as a QB at Iowa State? Sorry but Mertens has taken steps back. If Moehler sucks than we can go back with Mertens. Maybe some time on the bench will help him clear his head.

I don't see a connection between age and pressure? Tony Stauss was a seasoned QB at a Big Ten School and Walker was a wide eyed freshman who stepped into action and handled the pressure quite well.

My biggest concern is learning the playbook. I mean our offense is already predictable as hell so it will even be more scaled back with a freshman QB. I think it's a risk worth taking.

56BISON73
10-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Well after reading what coach had to say and some very well reasoned posts Iam starting to like the idea of removing the red shirt. PL

GOB1SON
10-20-2008, 07:28 PM
The justification for pulling the redshirt is to get Mohler some "game reps"?

Riddle me this then:

If "Game Reps" mean so much, then why aren't we seeing Mertens get better as the season progresses? He playing at the same level that he started at 7 games in.

And can anybody tell me how many "Game Reps" it took for Walker to get comfortable with the offense and not make mistakes? I dug up his freshman stats and posted them in another thread.

Not a good validation for wasting a year of eligibility.

If he is that good, then I want 4 full years from him.

By the looks of this team, next year will be just as tough as this year, unless there are a bunch of underclass O-Linemen that we just haven't seen much of yet.

Improve next year, sure. Win? Who the hell knows????? In this league. It is brutal each and every week.

56BISON73
10-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Gabe
Please dont mention playoff run. We just need to play good solid football. PL

56BISON73
10-20-2008, 07:32 PM

Riddle me this then:

If "Game Reps" mean so much, then why aren't we seeing Mertens get better as the season progresses? He playing at the same level that he started at 7 games in.

And can anybody tell me how many "Game Reps" it took for Walker to get comfortable with the offense and not make mistakes? I dug up his freshman stats and posted them in another thread.

By the looks of this team, next year will be just as tough as this year, unless there are a bunch of underclass O-Linemen that we just haven't seen much of yet.

Improve next year, sure. Win? Who the hell knows????? In this league. It is brutal each and every week.

Because some players progress and others dont. They are going to give him a chance to elevate his game. Along with that you will be giving him game time experince which is invaluble in the long run. PL

GOB1SON
10-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Gabe

I agree 100% PL and that is why I am against pulling the redshirt (of course this is all just fodder.)

Making the playoffs at this level is tough, tough, tough and this team has to be much, much better in the trenches. That is probably going to take a couple of years or more based on what I have seen. Our Guards just got SCHOOLED on Saturday by the UNI defensive tackles. They spent most plays on their tip-toes going backwards into the RB or QB because the bigger, stronger tackles were so deep into them.

Let's have the stud around when we can make a serious run at being an elite team.

NDSUstudent
10-20-2008, 07:36 PM

Riddle me this then:

Mertens is losing confidence with every week, game experience can only do so much. Also Walker started his career out against UNC in a situation where the team had nothing to lose, he played well and gained confidence. IMO this is a similar situation for Jose, expecatations are low and there isn't much to play for at this point. Starting against Iowa State is a bit different, especially if the hype machine pumps up him and the team.

HerdBot
10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Gabe

You know... I hear what your saying but we so easily could be in the playoff mix right now. We lost 3 games by 1 score and with a few bounces we would be talking about the playoffs right now. (what if the WIU kicker missed a 54 yarder and we make an extra point?)

We're not physically overmatched. We're almost as good as advertised... just not as good as UNI.... we just need to pay attention to detail and get some production out of the QB.

stevdock
10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
It's hard to compare the Stauss/Walker situation to this one when Walker already completed his redshirt year and was a RFr when he started against UNC. Mohler is a true freshman, with 4 games to go to get another year of eligibility.

In my opinion, this would be a waste unless we get better line play up front. I understand the interest to see what we have now, but I would be more interested to see what we have in the upcoming 4 years (instead of 3) if he is as good as advertised.

bisonmike2
10-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Maybe somebody hass already said this but have we considered that the coaches might be pulling Jose's redshirt to find out if he has what it takes? If Jose goes out and bombs the next 4 games then maybe it puts the coaches into "Holy sh&t we need to recruit a QB now!" mode.

bisonhusker
10-20-2008, 07:44 PM
The only way I would yank a redshirt now is if Mertens had the team 7-0 and was hurt. Then if Jose gave us the best chance, we yank it. WHat about what the kid wants? He is going to be here for 5 years anyway. Maybe he is like...wow, this game is fast. I am going to be alot better in 5 years.

Give a shot to the other two quarterbacks first.

BisonNeil
10-20-2008, 07:45 PM
I think it is a good idea. I posted this on another thread WHY I think it is a good idea. But basically it comes down to knowing if we have a QB for the future or if we don't. The coaches thought in practices Mertens was the guy, so they didn't recruit a QB for two years. Then they get Mohler. If he shows absolutely nothing in 4 games, then they are forced to go for another QB, something they don't like to do, perhaps even a JUCO or FBS transfer. I think they realize now they screwed up by never figuring out what they had in a QB with Mertens and don't want to make the same mistake twice.

GOB1SON
10-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Maybe somebody hass already said this but have we considered that the coaches might be pulling Jose's redshirt to find out if he has what it takes? If Jose goes out and bombs the next 4 games then maybe it puts the coaches into "Holy sh&t we need to recruit a QB now!" mode.

You might be right, but I am guessing they are already in Holy Sh&t mode. If they aren't they need to be.

BisonNeil
10-20-2008, 07:47 PM
In my opinion, this would be a waste unless we get better line play up front.

And that is the one major reason for NOT doing it. I agree with you wholeheartedly. This OL is terrible, plain and simple. But I do think this coaching staff is frustrated and desperate.

NDSUstudent
10-20-2008, 07:57 PM
And that is the one major reason for NOT doing it. I agree with you wholeheartedly. This OL is terrible, plain and simple. But I do think this coaching staff is frustrated and desperate.

I think the coaches see Ill State on the schedule, a team that is undersized and they think now is the time to get him up to speed.

NDSUstudent
10-20-2008, 08:01 PM
The only way I would yank a redshirt now is if Mertens had the team 7-0 and was hurt. Then if Jose gave us the best chance, we yank it. WHat about what the kid wants? He is going to be here for 5 years anyway. Maybe he is like...wow, this game is fast. I am going to be alot better in 5 years.

Give a shot to the other two quarterbacks first.

I don't know husker, we ran for 400 yards against Ill State last year. If we run like that again it might be the perfect time to start Jose. My only concern is starting him in Ames with zero game experience, things will be moving awfully fast for him then. I see the 5 years point and how it could be the best for him but at this point the team comes before player. If he is going to be the guy next year you just can't wait.

Bisonfan1
10-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Whatever happens, happens. As usual with this staff, Mertens was left in way too long. His confidence is now probably shattered for the year, and maybe all together period. A change will be welcomed by me, wish it would have been weeks ago, after the 2nd or 3rd pick in a game it is time for a bench break, dont let the train wreck keep piling on.

If coaching staff decides that Merten's will probably not fit into the plans for next year, then I am all for pulling the red shirt and getting some experience, experience that was not afforded Mertens. My only complaint with this coaching staff has been waiting too long to make any type of change that is obviously needed.

There is really no more need to talk about "we could have/should have/ would have" been 7-0 or 6-1. If you are not even going to change formations that Mertens might be more comfortable in, revise the playbook, try something differant to help him succeed, then pull him out and stop the destruction. A differant QB may get an immediate grasp on the current generic/predictable system and play calling that has been run so far.

chuckles
10-20-2008, 09:07 PM
jeeze whats the worst thing that could happen, what do we have to lose? We've dug ourselves into a hole we can't get out. Might as well start looking to next year (I know this sounds bad) but lets give him some reps at QB and see if he is for real or not. Maybe help him mature a little!

BisonCardinal
10-20-2008, 09:28 PM
I think pulling the redshirt on Jose is a good idea, assuming Jackson has no chance of ever playing. We need a change NOW. A lot can happen in 3.5 years.

As far as Jose knowing the offense, who cares? After a couple months of practicing with the team, surely he can run basic offensive plays, which is what we will have to run with Mertens anyway.

Need to find out if Jose has a "game head". What better way to find out than to play him against the "middle of the pack" MVFC teams that are left on our schedule.

My two cents.

GradBison
10-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Get Jose's feet wet. Let's see what we got for next year.

tjbison
10-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Pull it! Age has nothing to do with quality on the field! When I was a freshman in HS I took a starting DL spot on our team from a senior was he more mature? Sure but I played better same could happen here you can count on you fingers how many game snaps Mertens took behind Walker! And we all see how that's worked!

NDSUFan_Sav
10-20-2008, 09:54 PM

Quite a few qbs don't get a full 4 years of play time, and honestly I'd love to see Mohler in putting the pressure on Mertens, so that he realizes he can't keep making mistakes cuz his job is on the line, and next spring they'll be battling for the starting spot. Mohler needs experience would you want him coming in next fall 1st game or whatever game it is with no experience or any play time prior??? NO, it would be a mess. Then, you recruit another qb for 2009 or 2010 and keep it going, always need qbs.

Da_Bizon
10-20-2008, 10:14 PM
I was opposed to this switch when I first saw that it was being considered, but now that I think about it, I like it. The coaches clearly have no confidence in QB's #1-3, so maybe if they have some confidence in him they might let him do a little more than hand the ball off. He's a mobile guy that could help out the offensive line, which seems to be a little weak at the moment. And, it's been said a few times now, but let's see what he's got. Our chance for the playoffs are all but shot, so it gives him a chance to show what he can do; and if he does pull a rabbit out of his hat- it's just an added bonus. I say give him some experience and if it doesn't work out, we know that we need to find another QB.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-20-2008, 10:18 PM
I was opposed to this switch when I first saw that it was being considered, but now that I think about it, I like it. The coaches clearly have no confidence in QB's #1-3, so maybe if they have some confidence in him they might let him do a little more than hand the ball off. He's a mobile guy that could help out the offensive line, which seems to be a little weak at the moment. And, it's been said a few times now, but let's see what he's got. Our chance for the playoffs are all but shot, so it gives him a chance to show what he can do; and if he does pull a rabbit out of his hat- it's just an added bonus. I say give him some experience and if it doesn't work out, we know that we need to find another QB.

Also, fans might be curious to see the new QB at work and if they show up and watch him and he does good they might keep coming, who knows????? But I do like to give him experience, maybe he talked to bohl and said he's willing to play and give up the redshirt???? It will put pressure on the other qb's and if he comes out looking good we have a bright future, if not we'll need to RECRUIT ASAP!

SDbison
10-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I think pulling the redshirt on Jose is a good idea, assuming Jackson has no chance of ever playing. We need a change NOW. A lot can happen in 3.5 years.

As far as Jose knowing the offense, who cares? After a couple months of practicing with the team, surely he can run basic offensive plays, which is what we will have to run with Mertens anyway.

Need to find out if Jose has a "game head". What better way to find out than to play him against the "middle of the pack" MVFC teams that are left on our schedule.

My two cents.
Sounds like you think NDSU is a top of the pack MVFC team (i.e. playing a middle of the pack team will make for an easier win). BTW, NDSU is currently a bottom of the pack MVFC team. Lucky to beat anybody.
As for all of you whining about Mohler getting his 4 years, you are making one big assumption........that Mohler will be that good to keep his starting job the entire time. Even if Mohler is average he will be better than Mertens, but that shouldn't prevent the coaching staff from recruiting better QB's for the future. Brecke, Parsons, and the rest have been crap choices for DI-AA QB's. Now Mertens doesn't pan out and we have some so-so other candidates except for Mohler. Face it....NDSU coaches F'ed up on their QB possibilities. They have nobody else to blame but themselves. No QB picks for a couple years hurt the program big time!

BisonCardinal
10-20-2008, 11:33 PM
Sounds like you think NDSU is a top of the pack MVFC team (i.e. playing a middle of the pack team will make for an easier win). BTW, NDSU is currently a bottom of the pack MVFC team. Lucky to beat anybody.
As for all of you whining about Mohler getting his 4 years, you are making one big assumption........that Mohler will be that good to keep his starting job the entire time. Even if Mohler is average he will be better than Mertens, but that shouldn't prevent the coaching staff from recruiting better QB's for the future. Brecke, Parsons, and the rest have been crap choices for DI-AA QB's. Now Mertens doesn't pan out and we have some so-so other candidates except for Mohler. Face it....NDSU coaches F'ed up on their QB possibilities. They have nobody else to blame but themselves. No QB picks for a couple years hurt the program big time!

Didn't say that. What I meant is that we are past Northern Iowa and SIU. With the current atmosphere, Indiana State will be a contest.

This qb indecision could hurt recruiting. By using Mohler and having him do an adequate job, the coaches can at least say that they think the qb situation is resolved. If they struggle with Mertens and Jackson, they will have to shrug their shoulders when asked about it.

lakesbison
10-20-2008, 11:36 PM
PUT MERTENS IN THE SHOTGUN... PUT 4 WIDEOUT'S OUT THERE>

and say... SCREW IT.. .THROW THROW THROW NICK>.... then it opens up the holes for ROEHL.

OUR LINE SUCKS PEOPLE.. nick has hardly anytime.
hell.... you should replay the games and look at the LAZY LAZY routes these receivers are giving him...

NOT TO MENTION THE DROPPED PASSES AND RICHOCET'S OFF SHOULDER PADS (see.. ALEX B, WURZY...)

I PUT THIS ON THE COACHES... they refused to change their game plan EVER durin the course of the year.

When have you ever seen mertens on a shotgun rollout, or a 7 step drop FROM the Shotgun and letting him set up??? NEVER!!!

56BISON73
10-20-2008, 11:40 PM
One of my very few predictions.
If Jose performs well this week in practice Mertens still starts. If he falters Jose goes in. PL

CaBisonFan
10-21-2008, 12:10 AM
My thoughts:

If Bohl thinks that Mohler has the talent and the 'head' to play at this level...wouldn't it be nice to find out...and to give him some experience? What about Jackson? We would have seen him already if the coaches thought that he was even close to being ready.

If the big goals for the season are really gone...then unlike the last couple of years...it's time to get some experience for others.

This team is ready for a shakeup. The formula is 'not' working. Why beat a dead horse?

I don't see pulling a redshirt in this situation as a waste. I see it as an investment in next year.

Talent is 'not' an issue for the Bison over-all. They 'must' have a field leader. So if Bohl pulls the redshirt, then they hit the recruiting trail really hard for a couple of top-shelf quarterbacks. Really, you need to pull in at least one potential starter every year, and two would be better because of injuries and departures for other reasons. Oh yeah...the ball was dropped here.

If Bohl doesn't make a move...he may lose his team. The attitude of the team toward Nick's performance is beyond obvious. When you see receivers that are wondering who the ball was supposed to be for...man...you've got a problem. Bohl has to protect the attitude. He has to do something.

Hasn't anyone seen the receivers arguing on the sidelines...and the glares directed at Nick? Geez

I'd be 'very' concerned about Nick also. The pressure has to be enormous.

He also has to fill seats. He's in a very, very tough spot.

X-Factor
10-21-2008, 12:17 AM
PUT MERTENS IN THE SHOTGUN... PUT 4 WIDEOUT'S OUT THERE>

and say... SCREW IT.. .THROW THROW THROW NICK>.... then it opens up the holes for ROEHL.

OUR LINE SUCKS PEOPLE.. nick has hardly anytime.
hell.... you should replay the games and look at the LAZY LAZY routes these receivers are giving him...

NOT TO MENTION THE DROPPED PASSES AND RICHOCET'S OFF SHOULDER PADS (see.. ALEX B, WURZY...)

I PUT THIS ON THE COACHES... they refused to change their game plan EVER durin the course of the year.

When have you ever seen mertens on a shotgun rollout, or a 7 step drop FROM the Shotgun and letting him set up??? NEVER!!!

I'm all for trying that at least it would be something, but the problem with going 4 wide is that 3 of them would be wasted. Mertens has shown he can only look at one pass catcher per down regardless of single, double, or triple coverage.

The team needs to rally around something. A change may help or it might not. But doing nothing is a sure way to keep going down the same path we are on which is not so good :banghead:

CaBisonFan
10-21-2008, 12:27 AM

I agree completely.

In part, we are here because of a lack of experience for any of the quarterbacks over the past few years.

Steve Walker could have been pulled many times over the past years in order to give others some experience, and to find out who has it, and who doesn't.

Not playing Nick to get ready for this year was also a big mistake. Not giving Parsons a 'real' look may have affected his decision to sit out this year.

Hell...it may have affected the recruiting of quarterbacks.

Mr. Burgundy
10-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Phil Bates. Freshman quarterback at Iowa State. Had been playing quite a bit as a quarterback, and quit the team two weeks ago. Our staff knows about him. He is from Omaha. His Dad played at Nebraska. Nebraska offered him at safety, but didn't think he is a Big 12 Quarterback. He could play right away. "my sources" tell me that SDSU, UNI, Buffalo and Ohio are on him already......he could play right away!!! He was playing at Iowa State as a freshman! I say we give him a good shot. If you check out rivals, you can search the schools that had offered him...and it is impressive. The Big 12 has a rule that if you transfer within the conf, you sit out TWO years. So transferring right away would be nice for the kid. Not sure if Bohl played with his Dad or not. Before anyone says, "he quit, we don't need him" just save it. Our depth at QB is sad and we don't know why he quit. Hopefully we will get a transfer to add to the competition. Bring on Brewsters kid, this kid...just someone with a heart.

IL_Bison
10-21-2008, 02:01 AM
I think that if Mohler gives NDSU the best chance to win...then pull the redshirt. These seniors deserve it. Who knows how the conference leaders will beat up on each other the rest of the way, so I still have hope (eternal optimist i guess).

I think we all saw the potential problems with the QB situation this summer, with all the pressure of a playoff run placed squarely on Mertens shoulders without a decent contigency plan if he faltered. If the coaches feel that Mohler is game-ready, then put him in.

d3boys
10-21-2008, 09:31 PM
pulling the redshirt is not a waste
if he is good he starts for 3 years yay
if not we will have new recruits each year to compete and this wasted year meant nothing

give him a shot see what we got

BisonNeil
10-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Phil Bates. Freshman quarterback at Iowa State. Had been playing quite a bit as a quarterback, and quit the team two weeks ago. Our staff knows about him. He is from Omaha. His Dad played at Nebraska. Nebraska offered him at safety, but didn't think he is a Big 12 Quarterback. He could play right away. "my sources" tell me that SDSU, UNI, Buffalo and Ohio are on him already......he could play right away!!! He was playing at Iowa State as a freshman! I say we give him a good shot. If you check out rivals, you can search the schools that had offered him...and it is impressive. The Big 12 has a rule that if you transfer within the conf, you sit out TWO years. So transferring right away would be nice for the kid. Not sure if Bohl played with his Dad or not. Before anyone says, "he quit, we don't need him" just save it. Our depth at QB is sad and we don't know why he quit. Hopefully we will get a transfer to add to the competition. Bring on Brewsters kid, this kid...just someone with a heart.

You know, I am almost positive you were one of the many Bisonville posters who called me negative when I complained about Mertens not getting playing time and about the Bison coaches not having a QB recruit in 2006 and 2007. I hate to say it but my worst fears are being realized, although the basis of my initial fear was that Mertens would get hurt and there would be nobody behind him that could play.

But the net result is that there has been a serious recruiting hole created by the inability of this coaching staff to recruit a QB after Mertens and all you did Burgundy, was chap my ass for saying that you had faith in whatever this staff did. Now you want them to go for a quitter and you say "save it" to anyone who my challenge you? Well, you can kiss my ass. We don't need quitters on this team.

Mr. Burgundy
10-21-2008, 11:43 PM
BisonNeil, you have anger issues bro. You were clearly right on the QB battle, I honestly thought Nick would DOMINATE. I followed the recruiting process when we got him, and have followed his progress. He is a great kid and had a great group of seniors around him. I thought he would dominate. I probably ripped on you for always being negative, and I probably blindly said the coaching staff was fool proof, because...well, they were. Obviously now the Bison faithful is asking questions. Again, I was wrong. Nick is not doing it. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!! You were correct in saying we don't have enough backing him up.

BUT....when I post a kid from Omaha...that is looking at SDSU and UNI, and was starting at QB in the Big 12.....I say that I HOPE we are looking at him. Nebraska offered him as a Safety. He is a FREAK athlete. Again, I have no idea if he is a stud or not, but he was playing in the Big 12 this year and is now looking to transfer. You have NO idea why he quit the team. I would LOVE it if we give him a shot. He is still on Rivals.com if you want to take a look at him. His Dad played at Nebraska.

...oh, and I will decline the offer to kiss your ass. I appreciate the offer.

A1pigskin
10-22-2008, 12:09 AM
There are a lot of mixed emotion here. Maybe this is a strategy on Bohl's part to see if Mertens steps up his game.

A1pigskin
10-22-2008, 12:11 AM
You know, I am almost positive you were one of the many Bisonville posters who called me negative when I complained about Mertens not getting playing time and about the Bison coaches not having a QB recruit in 2006 and 2007. I hate to say it but my worst fears are being realized, although the basis of my initial fear was that Mertens would get hurt and there would be nobody behind him that could play.

But the net result is that there has been a serious recruiting hole created by the inability of this coaching staff to recruit a QB after Mertens and all you did Burgundy, was chap my ass for saying that you had faith in whatever this staff did. Now you want them to go for a quitter and you say "save it" to anyone who my challenge you? Well, you can kiss my ass. We don't need quitters on this team.

I don't think the coaches expected Parsons to quit or Wentz. I think there was a third. This many quitters is tough.

A1pigskin
10-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Bohl had mentioned that Mohler does some unique things that are hard to coach. Does anyone on here know what Bohl is talking about, what's Mohler doing? Is it a positive thing?

BisonNolesFan77
10-22-2008, 12:15 AM

I have heard alot about Bates, great athlete who wants to play QB, I would assume that whoever wants him to play QB would be at the top of his list...it would be awesome to see him in a Bison uniform.

A1pigskin
10-22-2008, 12:16 AM
I agree completely.

In part, we are here because of a lack of experience for any of the quarterbacks over the past few years.

Steve Walker could have been pulled many times over the past years in order to give others some experience, and to find out who has it, and who doesn't.

Not playing Nick to get ready for this year was also a big mistake. Not giving Parsons a 'real' look may have affected his decision to sit out this year.

Hell...it may have affected the recruiting of quarterbacks.

Coaches should have played Mertens last year to see what he has to offer. Apparently the coaches were over confident. I think Parsons got screwed.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Bohl had mentioned that Mohler does some unique things that are hard to coach. Does anyone on here know what Bohl is talking about, what's Mohler doing? Is it a positive thing?

Well my take would be is it has to be positive only reason they'd pull his redshirt and get him out there now, I wouldn't be shocked if a saw a steve type of QB, they're both short qbs, and maybe its his release of the ball and his accuracy along with mentality and decisions he makes are good ones, and possibly how he protects the ball under pressure and gets around the pocket, all of these could be reasoning of bohl stating that.

A1pigskin
10-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Well my take would be is it has to be positive only reason they'd pull his redshirt and get him out there now, I wouldn't be shocked if a saw a steve type of QB, they're both short qbs, and maybe its his release of the ball and his accuracy along with mentality and decisions he makes are good ones, and possibly how he protects the ball under pressure and gets around the pocket, all of these could be reasoning of bohl stating that.

At first I took it negatively, then I started thinking more about it and thought maybe they are positives. I still don't know what to think.

Mr. Burgundy
10-22-2008, 01:20 AM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20081010/SPORTS020602/81010022/0/NEWS05

Sounds like a great kid. As a freshman he passed for 2 TD's, ran for 166 yards in limited time and also was moved to WR? HELLO. Add that to the fact that Nebraska wanted him as a safety....kid is an athlete. I like it.

Like Timmy Miles did to Woody....."Here are the keys son."

A1pigskin
10-22-2008, 01:48 AM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20081010/SPORTS020602/81010022/0/NEWS05

Sounds like a great kid. As a freshman he passed for 2 TD's, ran for 166 yards in limited time and also was moved to WR? HELLO. Add that to the fact that Nebraska wanted him as a safety....kid is an athlete. I like it.

I think we need to look at this guy. If we had a winning season it would be easier to recruit. Has anyone watched him play?

1bizon1
10-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Most of your post is great but I disagree with this. A higher chronilogical age does not equal greater maturity. I know plenty of 30 year olds who at like their 18, and I've known a couple of 18 year olds who've acted more responsible than people twice their age.

Possibly the same way Walker did? Let's hope!

onbison09
10-22-2008, 02:30 AM
According to the Forum, Bohl is thinking about taking off Mohler's redshirt. Not sure if this is the best idea since the season is pretty much shot already, but it could be interesting. Or, it could be a scare tactic to kick the team in gear.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=219149
DON'T DO IT! Season's pretty much done (barring a miracle) so why waste a redshirt now. I'm not going to change my opinion on this.

NDSUstudent
10-22-2008, 02:30 AM

Very positive, he is the type of QB that can turn something into nothing. At least that is what I got out of what was being said.

I don't know if I would call him Walker, he is more mobile. If he plays I hope the coaches cut him loose and let him be Jose and not some prototypical West Coast QB.

NDSUstudent
10-22-2008, 02:36 AM
DON'T DO IT! Season's pretty much done (barring a miracle) so why waste a redshirt now. I'm not going to change my opinion on this.

Jump ahead 10 months......
Starting against the Iowa State Cyclones after never playing in a game is NDSU QB Jose Mohler. Jose was named the starter after spring ball and fans/coaches are expecting big things out of the Bison this year.

Sound familiar? If he is going to play next year then there is no better time then now to get him ready. Getting him ready and seeing what you have at the QB position is not a waste, it is vital to our success.

BisonNolesFan77
10-22-2008, 02:40 AM

Wow, ISU pulls his redshirt his freshman year for 73 recieving yards? Talk about bogus! I hope we make a push for him! One another I saw about him that caught my eye, he scored a 27 on his ACT's, smart kid as well!

Mr. Burgundy
10-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Iowa State totally mistreated that kid. His teammates knew it, his family knew it, he said it was coming. That is why I want to go after this kid. Smart kid who has crazy talent (can play multiple positions in the Big 12) and wants to play right away!!! GO ALL IN!!!

BisoninNWMN
10-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Iowa State totally mistreated that kid. His teammates knew it, his family knew it, he said it was coming. That is why I want to go after this kid. Smart kid who has crazy talent (can play multiple positions in the Big 12) and wants to play right away!!! GO ALL IN!!!

It wouldn't hurt to go after him.

From what has been said here....sounds like a good kid.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I'll give him a case of beer if he comes to ndsu, wait to young, i'll give him a case of pop :D

Get this kid here now!!!!!!!!! whats the worst that can happen???

roadwarrior
10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Well the worst that could happen if you gave him anything is that NDSU could get in trouble with violating NCAA rules.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Well the worst that could happen if you gave him anything is that NDSU could get in trouble with violating NCAA rules.

haha I was being sarcastic :D

guessing you weren't being serious

roadwarrior
10-22-2008, 06:08 PM
But when certain people up at the BSA read this stuff on here, they get a little nervous. Better to not even joke about it.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2008, 06:16 PM
But when certain people up at the BSA read this stuff on here, they get a little nervous. Better to not even joke about it.

sorry.....didn't mean to affect anything by it :(

Da_Bizon
10-22-2008, 06:29 PM

Yeah dude... you gotta look at next year. I know it's been said already, but do you really want to start another season with an inexperience QB? We open up at an FBS school next year in a big stadium. Whoever is starting is gonna be nervous enough because of both the game and the expectations that are gonna be put on them next year to get us into the playoffs. He needs some experience.

56BISON73
10-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Heres the deal. Literally HUNDREDS of D1, D2, D3, and NAIA schools start the season with inexperienced QBs.
The inexperience excuse is nothing more than rationalization and justifcation because many are in a panic mode and think we got burned this year because of it. Just call it what it is.
Now granted Iam in favor (now) to pulling his shirt. But its more so because Mertens cant seem to get it together and Getting Jose some playing time just might be the spark the Bison need and it sure isnt going to hurt him either. PL

tcbison
10-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Heres the deal. Literally HUNDREDS of D1, D2, D3, and NAIA schools start the season with inexperienced QBs.
The inexperience excuse is nothing more than rationalization and justifcation because many are in a panic mode and think we got burned this year because of it. Just call it what it is.

I got to agree with this. There is no way we were going to sit down Steve Walker last year just to get Mertens into some games. If it was a blowout it wasn't like Mertens was going to do much more than handoff the football. Come to think of it, Mertens did play in the Mississippi Valley State game last year and got some experience.

Not only do hundreds of college teams play inexperienced QBs, many of them are not that good. That is what happens with college football. The best way to help out a new QB is to have a good running game and a good OL. NDSU's running game has not been very good this year and the OL has been suspect. These things help a young QB but don't necessarily make him a good QB either.

90BISON
10-22-2008, 09:40 PM
To sum it all up, the definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.":ranting:

CaBisonFan
10-22-2008, 10:23 PM
[quote=tcbison;222830]I got to agree with this. There is no way we were going to sit down Steve Walker last year just to get Mertens into some games.

You got that right. No way. That was obvious. Walker 'to the last play' in many games, no matter what the score was.

X-Factor
10-22-2008, 11:17 PM
I got to agree with this. There is no way we were going to sit down Steve Walker last year just to get Mertens into some games. If it was a blowout it wasn't like Mertens was going to do much more than handoff the football. Come to think of it, Mertens did play in the Mississippi Valley State game last year and got some experience.

Not only do hundreds of college teams play inexperienced QBs, many of them are not that good. That is what happens with college football. The best way to help out a new QB is to have a good running game and a good OL. NDSU's running game has not been very good this year and the OL has been suspect. These things help a young QB but don't necessarily make him a good QB either.

Mertens also played in the Illinois State game and at the end of the SUU game. Mertens played in ALL of the blowout games that had a reasonably safe lead.

d3boys
10-23-2008, 11:32 PM

what is your opinion on this guy fargocyclone
I think he played in the iowa game

fargocyclone
10-29-2008, 11:39 PM
what is your opinion on this guy fargocyclone
I think he played in the iowa game

Wow, so I'm almost exactly six days late in responding to this one... :hide:

Anyway, Bates would be a good nab for NDSU. He was getting beat out for the QB spot by Arnaud here, but played fine while we were using both QBs there for a while. He's not really the cream of the crop for FBS football, but would fit NDSU and FCS just fine and definately up the talent level for us at the helm position.

d3boys
10-31-2008, 03:42 AM
Wow, so I'm almost exactly six days late in responding to this one... :hide:

Anyway, Bates would be a good nab for NDSU. He was getting beat out for the QB spot by Arnaud here, but played fine while we were using both QBs there for a while. He's not really the cream of the crop for FBS football, but would fit NDSU and FCS just fine and definately up the talent level for us at the helm position.

thank you 6 days late

FarSouth Bison
10-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Isn't the A.D. at Iowa a SU Grad, or is that Iowa State.

56BISON73
10-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Isn't the A.D. at Iowa a SU Grad, or is that Iowa State.

SU grad and former AD at SU. Gary Barta. PL

IzzyFlexion
10-31-2008, 10:40 PM

Wow, I didn't know that. Backup QB right? I mostly remember his personality. Really nice guy!

roadwarrior
10-31-2008, 10:44 PM

That would be former QB at SU.

56BISON73
10-31-2008, 11:06 PM
I forgot to put in the QB part. Darn. I need to proof read before I send. :D
PL

UTH
11-02-2008, 12:28 AM
To sum it all up, the definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.":ranting:

Meh - worked for Stalin in WWII. And he won.

*on second thought, he may have been a little insane, too

sambini
11-02-2008, 08:23 AM
1982-86 +++++++++

bisonmike2
11-02-2008, 11:37 AM
I havent' been paying attention to this thread recently. So are there people still out there thinking Mertens is going to turn it around? That the past 7 games have been a fluke? This game should be all the proof you need to bury the Nick Mertens era.

FarSouth Bison
11-02-2008, 12:43 PM
This is a game where the QB should of been the player of the game. With some large stats.

rutlandbison
11-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Ok i can solve this problem. I can just go play QB. I can throw a ball about 60 yards in the air with decent accuracy. We dont run to many deep routes so we wouldnt have to worry to much about that. Also i know to be a QB in college football you cant stare at your target the hole time. Look off the defenders and then come back. Also with me you dont have to worry about a redshirt!!!:D ;)

bisonmike2
11-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Ok i can solve this problem. I can just go play QB. I can throw a ball about 60 yards in the air with decent accuracy. We dont run to many deep routes so we wouldnt have to worry to much about that. Also i know to be a QB in college football you cant stare at your target the hole time. Look off the defenders and then come back. Also with me you dont have to worry about a redshirt!!!:D ;)

Coach Bisonmike says you got the job! Congrats!:)

rutlandbison
11-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Coach Bisonmike says you got the job! Congrats!:)

Sweet, i can even show you my student ID to prove i still go to NDSU

rutlandbison
11-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Listening to the post game show and i dont remember who said but they think we should pull Jose's redshirt still. He came up with good points too. He said that our QB play has sucked (yes it has) and if we want any type of chance to win at Missouri State and have any kind of chance to win against SDSU we need a change. Missouri State has 2 weeks to prepare for this game. What do you think they are going to see when they watch this game tape? Shitty QB and guy who isn't confident, and cant throw the ball more than 10 yards on target. They will also see our WR's and TE's dropping balls all over the place. They are going to play us like people play the Vikes, 8 in the box. I tell ya if we dont get some kind of balance we are going to lose out. I agree with i think it was hallstom, we need to pull that redshirt. Or opponents wont know what to expect with him and he will be ale to stretch the field a little more. Wow this is my longest post ever.

No_Skill
11-02-2008, 02:22 PM
I would have been fine pulling the redshirt two weeks ago. Pulling it now would be wrong.

RunDMc34
11-02-2008, 02:36 PM
If we could play this season over again I think after YSU we would have to pull the red shirt off mohler.

It seems like 2 game ending and game losing picks, have shook the confidence of Mertens so much that he has become one of the worst qbs in the FCS.

I think even though I dont think Jackson is any better probably worse you just gotta start him and hope for the best.

Now I wish we had even pulled mohlers red shirt in the first half of the UNI game...... Just sick how bad our qb play has been this season.

99Bison
11-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Not sure about not pulling the redshirt anymore... even this late. Because, the team, fans, everyone needs to go into the off season (or miraculously playoffs) with a decent attitude, some spark of anticipation. Right now the confidence isn't there. When you see players and coaches hanging their heads or disgust hands on face in the first quarter over and over again because of complete bad passes, it's not encouraging.

This is was Hallstrom was saying on the post game also.

Is Mohler the answer, not sure, if he doesn't provide any spark then it's a big waste, but if he does it's a severe moral improvement.

Bisonfan1
11-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Good grief, how many balls thrown out there way off target to open recievers, I stopped counting after 3, absolutely ridiculous. Not pulling any punches anymore Mertens has to go, this should have been a high light reel game for god's sake. He's bringing the rest of the team down with him, you could see it. For all you stop picking on Mertens types out there if you cant see it after last nights game than you know less about football than I do. Do I feel sorry for the kid, of course, I wish he would have been the second coming, he is not. times up. Some former great Bison QB's were at the game, Im sure they were real impressed.

X-Factor
11-02-2008, 04:33 PM
With only 2 games left and extremely slim to no chance at playoffs, pulling the redshirt on Jose would be a bad idea. If we had somehow squeaked out a win against WIU or YSU and were 6-3 at this point...fine....full the redshirt I would be 100% behind that move cuz there is no way on gods green earth or fargodome magic carpet we are going anywhere in front of the line of scrimmage with our current QB.

I am completely blown out of the water by how far Mertens has regressed, yes regressed, from where we started the season. At least he could complete ball before, even if a few were to the other team. Now our passing department can't hit anything within 5 yards.

Put in Jackson to START Missouri State or this team is going to absolutely lose ALL moral and tank the last two games. Even if Jackson isn't any better, at least he is something different that maybe the other players can rally around. We need change plain and simple.

d3boys
11-02-2008, 09:43 PM
jackson will not be any better
he looks awful to me
but I guess he is worth a try

Ferd
11-02-2008, 10:40 PM
I feel sorry for Mertens but he's not getting the job done.

Don't pull Mohler's red shirt with only two games left, unless he's the "Second Coming" it won't change this season.

Let Jackson start at Missouri. If he's no good we're no worse off. If he's better (or at least makes the Team play better) we can have at least a three-way competition for QB in spring ball.

I'm a die hard fan, but unless we really play 8 full quarters of Great football, we shouldn't be in any play-offs. I don't want to go to the playoffs hoping for good luck, alone. I need to see the whole team play better.

:banghead: :ranting: :banghead:

tjbison
11-02-2008, 10:45 PM
he looks awful to me

Hard to make that observation when he hasn't played crap for minutes this year. I wish he would have played the entire second half last night just to get a rythm going and see what he really has IMO

A1pigskin
11-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I think we all feel bad for Mertens but we need to look at this from a business standpoint. With two games left I would not pull the redshirt. It was obvious Bohl was trying to get some reps in at the beginning of the game. It was down right pathetic of the results. Look at how other teams beat ISU at home, and all we could pull out of this was 34 points. Besides the QB position the motivation on the rest of the team is horseshit. To me it does not appear that our team is giving 110% on every play.

56BISON73
11-03-2008, 12:14 AM
I think we all feel bad for Mertens but we need to look at this from a business standpoint. With two games left I would not pull the redshirt. It was obvious Bohl was trying to get some reps in at the beginning of the game. It was down right pathetic of the results. Look at how other teams beat ISU at home, and all we could pull out of this was 34 points. Besides the QB position the motivation on the rest of the team is horseshit. To me it does not appear that our team is giving 110% on every play.

You HAVE to beleive in your QB. You have to know that when you break that huddle HE can make it happen. There is no questioning it. That doesnt seem to be the case with Mertens.

Its not that they arent giving 100%. Its the thought that in the back of your mind that no matter how well you play and no matter how many times you drive down the field there is a person on the team that could and does squash any momentum at any given time when the ball is in his hands. Normal mundane plays and he still cant make it happen. That attitude just kills a team. PL

Jdubs21
11-03-2008, 12:23 AM
he looks awful to me

i thought for the two passes he attempted...they were completed to OUR team, and the one he was being dragged to the ground and still made the play, not lookin as bad as mertens is to me, but im not saying he is an allstar either but it wouldnt hurt to give him a shot because he couldnt do any worse

tjbison
11-03-2008, 12:23 AM
You HAVE to beleive in your QB. You have to know that when you break that huddle HE can make it happen. There is no questioning it.

Its not that they arent giving 100%. Its the thought that in the back of your mind that no matter how well you play and no matter how many times you drive down the field there is a person on the team that could and does squash any momentum at any given time when the ball is in his hands. Normal mundane plays and he still cant make it happen. That attitude just kills a team. PL

Exactly! the QB is normally the leader, if he cannot lead and execute the entire team suffers!

GodBlessDaBison
11-03-2008, 01:28 AM
he looks awful to me

how did he look awful to you?? sheesh can the man get some love for showing some command in the huddle???

unbison
11-03-2008, 02:28 AM
did u notice wussdropper and butterhandsquist were not on the fiels when jackson was in.... so the recievers caught the dam ball

d3boys
11-04-2008, 09:56 PM
how did he look awful to you?? sheesh can the man get some love for showing some command in the huddle???

it doesnt look like he throws a good ball
looks kinda like old bobby douglas of the old days
if he commands the huddle thats one thing but I dont think he has a strong eneough arm
he probably would of been in there weeks ago if bohl didnt agree with me

stevdock
11-04-2008, 11:01 PM
did u notice wussdropper and butterhandsquist were not on the fiels when jackson was in.... so the recievers caught the dam ball

Can we seriously stop this also?? These are college kids. They are not pro athletes getting paid millions of dollars. If you see an effort issue than that's another story, but effort has never been the issue, so how about we lay off.

imported_Bisongold
11-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Hey Unbison, since Schultenover has dropped 3 balls in the last 3 games and has had 2 penalties ( a motion penalty and a holding penalty) what is your new nickname for him?? Is he on your shit list now? It gets old!! You seem very imature to be a supervisor of anything.

56BISON73
11-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Hey Unbison, since Schultenover has dropped 3 balls in the last 3 games and has had 2 penalties ( a motion penalty and a holding penalty) what is your new nickname for him?? Is he on your shit list now? It gets old!! You seem very imature to be a supervisor of anything.

Hes a good friend of Lakes. What do you expect. PL

lakesbison
11-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Yes... the world revolves around you nerds..

Keep up your yapping.... facts are facts.. keep dropping balls.. keep losing games.

glad you all can rally around each other in your circle jerk.... ha ha.. hilarious.

CaBisonFan
11-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Anyone remember when Chuck Knoblauch forgot how to throw to first when he had been with the Yankees for a while?

Might be a parallel. Complete loss of confidence? Who knows.

56BISON73
11-05-2008, 12:48 AM

Keep up your yapping.... facts are facts.. keep dropping balls.. keep losing games.

glad you all can rally around each other in your circle jerk.... ha ha.. hilarious.

I guess when that Little man syndrome kicks in you just cant help yourself can you.
PL

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-05-2008, 01:35 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love it. Lakes calling everyone else on here nerds. This from a guy spends all day and all night long surfing this and every other sports site on the net. Just look at his posting times. Talk about a nerd.

Does he even work? How in the hell can he get anything done when, from his own accounts, he screws around ALL THE TIME.

unbison
11-05-2008, 01:47 AM
little guys..... u forgot i also love brewster

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-05-2008, 02:18 AM
little guys..... u forgot i also love brewster

Actually, I'm starting to like him as well.

unbison
11-05-2008, 02:25 AM
hey little guys...... why do some bison fans hate the gophers so much i just dont understand this hate......do they really think that they should play every year in football

lakesbison
11-05-2008, 02:26 AM
you two gonna go out on a date now??

last night you two were feuding..

wtf...

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-05-2008, 02:32 AM
hey little guys...... why do some bison fans hate the gophers so much i just dont understand this hate......do they really think that they should play every year in football

Ah....well....because they are from Minnesota. :) I think we should play them only when they are down and we are at full strength. :D

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-05-2008, 02:36 AM
you two gonna go out on a date now??

last night you two were feuding..

wtf...

You know what they say....."Politics and football make strange bedfellows."

OK, I added the "and football" part myself.

P.S. Did you notice my lack of a sig.

I call a Truce.

(until I can gather up more ammunition) :D

unbison
11-05-2008, 02:54 AM
hey lakes.......... what hows that math working out not good i am guessing unless walker comes in..... and works his old magic down by 65 and only 5 mins until the close