PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Next Year

Bison101
10-19-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm going to go EXTREMELY out in a limb, because this year was a complete and utter flop. I'm predicting the opponents we already have on our schedule.

Thu, Sep 03 @ Iowa State L - We are just too blown out from 2008

Sat, Sep 19 @ Sam Houston State W- Rhett Bomar is gone

Sat, Sep 26 @ Southern Illinois L- At Lennon's House

Sat, Oct 03 Illinois State (Homecoming) W - Homecoming vs. the Redbirds. Should be easy

Sat, Oct 10 Northern Iowa W- Close Win

Sat, Oct 17 @ South Dakota State W- Beat the Bunnies in Brookings

Sat, Oct 24 Missouri State W- Our fans start showing up again

Sat, Oct 31 @ Western Illinois W- WIU's running game and defense are worn down by losing players to the NFL

Sat, Nov 14 @ Indiana State W- No Explanation Needed

Sat, Nov 21 Youngstown State W- The Bison are energized by revenge and a playoff berth

We then get to the 1st round of the playoffs where we defeat Southern Illinois at home, and then we sadly make it to the 2nd round but lose to Montana at Missoula.

Next year looks bright. Here's how I think the players will end up

Graduated

Heckendorf
Maresh
Agbo
Jangula
Schommer
Roehl
Humber
Compton
Lardinois
Harrington
Septak
Belquist
Wurzbacher
Richardson

Players Who Step Up

Mertens actually becomes okay
Evans is dominant
Kyle Belmont Comes Back from Injury
Shamen hopefully will be granted a 6th year
Jackson as an outstanding Backup
Schultenover as primary reciever
Taufetee becomes dominant
Paschall, Voight, and DJ Are a 123 punch
Gary Williams takes over for Belquist
Lee Vandal is great at Jangula's artform
Thor Brown becomes next Wurz

That is my outlook for 2009.

A1pigskin
10-19-2008, 11:22 PM
I think we will do better next year than this year.

TheBisonator
10-19-2008, 11:24 PM

I agree 100 percent. I hope my last year at NDSU will be a playoff year for our football team.

BisonNeil
10-19-2008, 11:30 PM
I'm going to go EXTREMELY out in a limb, because this year was a complete and utter flop. I'm predicting the opponents we already have on our schedule.

Sat, Oct 03 Illinois State (Homecoming) W - Homecoming vs. the Redbirds. Should be easy

Sat, Oct 31 @ Western Illinois W- WIU's running game and defense are worn down by losing players to the NFL

Sat, Nov 21 Youngstown State W- The Bison are energized by revenge and a playoff berth

We then get to the 1st round of the playoffs where we defeat Southern Illinois at home, and then we sadly make it to the 2nd round but lose to Montana at Missoula.

Graduated

Heckendorf
Maresh
Agbo
Jangula
Schommer
Roehl
Humber
Compton
Lardinois
Harrington
Septak
Belquist
Wurzbacher
Shamen
Richardson

Players Who Step Up

Evans is dominant

Maybe you should change the flavor of your kool aid. I hear Very Cherry is really quite nice.

Just kidding, I felt the need to interject some humor :)

BisonNolesFan77
10-19-2008, 11:39 PM

Graduated

Heckendorf
Maresh
Agbo
Jangula
Schommer
Roehl
Humber
Compton
Lardinois
Harrington
Septak
Belquist
Wurzbacher
Shamen
Richardson

Players Who Step Up

Evans is dominant

Hoping it works out that way, also, I have a feeling that Veldman is going to do good things at TE for us over the next few years!

IronRanger
10-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Why are you looking at next year already, we still have 4 games left this year.

msvjcpa
10-20-2008, 12:08 AM
I don't know about the schedule but I like the bit on players who step up. Let's not forget our stud defensive ends. Boyer and Johnson are contributing right now and when they take over the starting roles they will solidify a talented defensive line.

Hambone
10-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Is next year the year for GaSouthern return trip to Fargo? Or 2010?

NDSUFan_Sav
10-20-2008, 12:26 AM
I agree 100 percent. I hope my last year at NDSU will be a playoff year for our football team.

this is my last year...ahhh well I'll still be around don't plan on leaving for some time...season ticket holder next fall...GO BISON in 09!

VegasBison
10-20-2008, 12:28 AM

Zactly. I know we're all disappointed in this years team but there's still some work to do.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Zactly. I know we're all disappointed in this years team but there's still some work to do.

DO NOT lose to INDIANA State and BEAAAAAT SDSU....revenge!!!!

Mr. Burgundy
10-20-2008, 02:11 AM
I predict Bohl goes out and finds some o lineman that literally want to fight. Bringing the mean back into the position. I am sick of being dominated on the line. I would say that position battles are now officially up for grabs. If there are NO changes, I would be disappointed. A message needs to be sent.

bisoningrandforks
10-20-2008, 02:33 PM
o-line, more team speed we look a step slower on both sides of the ball. then and Im hoping this kid that transfered from Arizona st. is the diamond in the rough at qb?

bisonmike2
10-20-2008, 04:05 PM
I am not optimistic about next year. Lots of holes to fill, starting with Roehl. When he's on, he changes the offense. Paschall is great but he works best as a compliment to Tyler. QB - nuff said. O-line - nuff said. Defense is promising, with the freshman d-ends and Evan in the middle but we lose Humber and Maresh at LB. I don't want to get this train started but I've got a feeling Bohl bolts for greener pastures. Don't crucify me for saying that, it's just a hunch.

NDSUstudent
10-20-2008, 04:19 PM
I am not optimistic about next year. Lots of holes to fill, starting with Roehl. When he's on, he changes the offense. Paschall is great but he works best as a compliment to Tyler. QB - nuff said. O-line - nuff said. Defense is promising, with the freshman d-ends and Evan in the middle but we lose Humber and Maresh at LB. I don't want to get this train started but I've got a feeling Bohl bolts for greener pastures. Don't crucify me for saying that, it's just a hunch.

I don't think there is a very big market for head coaches that have losing records. He could probably go back to being a coordinator but I don't think he wants to go back down that road.

I think Bohl is in it for the long haul, he gets 300k a year and has a lot invested in prior recruiting classes. I think if this team can get better QB and O-Line play they could be just fine next year. We have talent at RB, TE, WR, just need a leader to come forward. Looking good at DL, MLB, and secondary for next year, only question mark is at OLB and I think Anderson can fill one of those spots pretty well.

bisonmike2
10-20-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't think there is a very big market for head coaches that have losing records. He could probably go back to being a coordinator but I don't think he was to go back down that road.

I think Bohl is in it for the long haul, he gets 300k a year and has a lot invested in prior recruiting classes. I think if this team can get better QB and O-Line play they could be just fine next year. We have talent at RB, TE, WR, just need a leader to come forward. Looking good at DL, MLB, and secondary for next year, only question mark is at OLB and I think Anderson can fill one of those spots pretty well.

I guarantee you that if Bohl was hired by another program at the end of the year they would quote his overall record and also mention that he led the Bison to a #1 ranking in FCS and back to back 10-1 records. At the very end of the press release there would be a mention about this years team, but the overall presentation to the fans of the hiring school would be about his success in the 2006-2007 seasons.

runtheoption
10-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Pain!

(need 10 characters)

*Bisonrube
10-20-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't think there is a very big market for head coaches that have losing records. He could probably go back to being a coordinator but I don't think he was to go back down that road.

Agree with most... I just don't believe we have that much talent next year at RB, TE, WR either. We need a game-changer threat...these guys haven't shown me??? Well really anything to be honest.
(again as always, it could be a multiple of issues causing this)

GO BISON

stevdock
10-20-2008, 05:16 PM
The underclassmen are going to have to step up huge if we are going to get anywhere close to 9-2. Right now if everything goes right on the field we've got a shot, but there is alot of work to do to come anywhere close to that. I am really worried about our O Line play and if that doesn't improve it doesn't matter who is in the other 6 offensive positions, this team will not be able to score consistently. I don't see any game changers right now on offense. Defensively I think we will be fine. Evans showed alot of potential on Saturday, and I think the D Line and Secondary will be solid. But next year is going to be all about getting enough points on the board.

SDbison
10-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Agree with most... I just don't believe we have that much talent next year at RB, TE, WR either. We need a game-changer threat...these guys haven't shown me??? Well really anything to be honest.
(again as always, it could be a multiple of issues causing this)

GO BISON
I agree WR will be a weak spot......we will miss Heck....sure would have been nice to have Bourne McFarland around.
At TE we still have Thor Brown and the Veldman kid should be better than anyone with all his size and athleticism (but need a QB who can place the ball).
RB will be iffy, but if McNorton and Paschall step it up along with a push from Voightlander we could be as good collectively, if not better.
My biggest concern still is interior lineman on O and D. Has NDSU actually regressed in this area? The O line is making mistakes and getting handled constantly and the D line can't get a surge up the middle. We need a big guy 300+ pounder with strong legs that can cause problems in the middle.

PantherHawk Says Hey Spud
10-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Wouldn't take much, huh?

PantherHawk Says Hey Spud
10-21-2008, 12:52 AM

Graduated

Heckendorf
Maresh
Agbo
Jangula
Schommer
Roehl
Humber
Compton
Lardinois
Harrington
Septak
Belquist
Wurzbacher
Shamen
Richardson

Players Who Step Up

Evans is dominant

Schlock, this is a rebuilding year for UNI. We have a new QB and three players from last year's team are playing on Sunday's this year. We will mow you down like dry grass next year in the BarngoDome.

BisoninNWMN
10-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Wouldn't take much, huh?

Hey, Jack-o** spew your sh** somewhere else.

I'll cheer for all other MV teams except the frickin' kitties. Hope you guys get your asses kicked the rest of the year.

Oh and see you in a real FCS dome next year......Bison will hand your ass to you.

BisoninNWMN
10-21-2008, 01:09 AM

Schlock, this is a rebuilding year for UNI. We have a new QB and three players from last year's team are playing on Sunday's this year. We will mow you down like dry grass next year in the BarngoDome.

We'll beat you by more 10 next year.....by 20....save this post for next year!!

......practice squad is not "playing" on sunday

...go troll over on the BYU board, since you clowns think you should have won

BigBison
10-21-2008, 01:12 AM
We'll beat you by more 10 next year.....by 20....save this post for next year!!

......practice squad is not "playing" on sunday

...go troll over on the BYU board, since you clowns think you should have won

You left out the ass in clowns.

BisoninNWMN
10-21-2008, 01:15 AM

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

*Bisonrube
10-21-2008, 01:56 AM
Wouldn't take much, huh?

The Panther fans were great...there is always one ass clown that gets off cyber taunting. Loser is probably on the Wisconsin boards too. Karma will take care of you...wait, already has.

I used to feel bad that the QB got hurt on such a promising team...Thanks ass clown...glad we could be a factor in the rest of your season.

Damn, I broke my rule of not responding to UND/Gopher/random ass clowns.

bisonbrody9
10-21-2008, 03:45 AM
As expected Mertens goes 13-27 for 186 with 1td and 3ints against iowa state. Then, he follows up with a 3pick performance against bomar's alma mader. After that the short leash is cut and Jose, jose jose jose, jose, becomes quarterback and leads the almighty bison nation to TN for another national title!

We're comin! objects in the mirror are closer than they appear

UTH
10-21-2008, 03:48 AM

What's with all this troll-feeding??? Y'all gotta have that little snot giggling his butt off by now.

UTH
10-21-2008, 03:50 AM
I predict Bohl goes out and finds some o lineman that literally want to fight. Bringing the mean back into the position. I am sick of being dominated on the line. I would say that position battles are now officially up for grabs. If there are NO changes, I would be disappointed. A message needs to be sent.

Somebody needs to resurrect his Whiskeydrinkers signature...

NDSUFan_Sav
10-21-2008, 07:27 AM
I predict the beer to taste good and flow good in the west lot.

I predict the grilling to be great

I predict the west lot to be packed and a blast like always!!!

VanClubPres
10-21-2008, 11:42 PM

+++++++
couldnt agree more

Bison101
11-29-2008, 08:14 PM
As expected Mertens goes 13-27 for 186 with 1td and 3ints against iowa state. Then, he follows up with a 3pick performance against bomar's alma mader. After that the short leash is cut and Jose, jose jose jose, jose, becomes quarterback and leads the almighty bison nation to TN for another national title!

We're comin! objects in the mirror are closer than they appear

Iowa State? Seems to me their defense was worse than ours.

VanClubPres
11-29-2008, 11:45 PM
I hope that your schedule is close to correct with it;s wins. But I do not think that we lose to Iowa State, and I do not think that we play Illinois Southern Style in the first week. UN-Iowa did not, from what I have gathered, you do not usually play conference in the first week of the playoffs.

sambini
11-29-2008, 11:48 PM

Very good and one game at a time++++++

CaBisonFan
11-30-2008, 07:41 AM

I predict that Sav will be in the parking lot early...and fired up for the game. (all in good fun Sav)

SDbison
11-30-2008, 02:29 PM
I predict a 5 - 6 season next year considering the loss of all the Seniors and knowing Mertens problem is not his athleticism, but his ability to lead in a game. Iowa State will beat NDSU bad if Mertens starts or a green Mohler gets the nod (only way this ends up not being a blowout is if there is a competent and experienced JUCO or FBS transfer at QB). There will be a lot of holes to fill and NDSU will essentially be going through a rebuilding year. Sad but true.
Losses:
1. Iowa State
2. Southern Illinois
3. South Dakota State
4. Northern Iowa
5. Western Illinois
6. ?

CaBisonFan
11-30-2008, 06:19 PM
I predict a 5 - 6 season next year considering the loss of all the Seniors and knowing Mertens problem is not his athleticism, but his ability to lead in a game. Iowa State will beat NDSU bad if Mertens starts or a green Mohler gets the nod (only way this ends up not being a blowout is if there is a competent and experienced JUCO or FBS transfer at QB). There will be a lot of holes to fill and NDSU will essentially be going through a rebuilding year. Sad but true.
Losses:
1. Iowa State
2. Southern Illinois
3. South Dakota State
4. Northern Iowa
5. Western Illinois
6. ?

There is a problem with your logic. You're thinking like a Gopher fan.

cvbison1
11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
just gota remember that we were in every game this year. if we catch a few breaks we could have easily been an 8-3 team or even a 9-2 team. we were just a little to inconsistant. i think next year we'll have a chip on our shoulder and go out and make the playoffs. i'm going to predict 8-3 with loses @ iowa state, @ Southern Illonois, and another one mixed in there somewhere; hopefully NOT TO THE UNI PUSSYCATS in the dome or the mangy wabbits in brokings. and we will ge a playoff spot. not national championship caliber, but we will be in the post season. the injury bug will not be in fargo next year.

CaBisonFan
11-30-2008, 06:43 PM
just gota remember that we were in every game this year. if we catch a few breaks we could have easily been an 8-3 team or even a 9-2 team. we were just a little to inconsistant. i think next year we'll have a chip on our shoulder and go out and make the playoffs. i'm going to predict 8-3 with loses @ iowa state, @ Southern Illonois, and another one mixed in there somewhere; hopefully NOT TO THE UNI PUSSYCATS in the dome or the mangy wabbits in brokings. and we will ge a playoff spot. not national championship caliber, but we will be in the post season. the injury bug will not be in fargo next year.

Right on cvbison!

BisoninNWMN
11-30-2008, 07:50 PM

Agreed....we were in every game this year......just needed a few "breaks" to fall our way.

To early to say about the record but next yrs team will be good.....good young players coming up. WR and consistent QB play will be a concern but the defense will be very good.

KTF
11-30-2008, 09:28 PM
After viewing the "full interview" completed by Steve Hallstrom and Coach Bohl, I don't feel that anybody is giving Mertens enough credit for what he did this year. Merten's game is not sit in the packet, but run and make things happen with his feet. The SDSU game was enough evidence for me. The 2nd and part of the 3rd quarter, NDSU moved the ball at will, why because Mertens was making plays with his feet. Bohl has basically admitted that they did everything they could to protect Mertens from injury this year, to the point of numbing the offensive production. I for one hope that Bohl and Perles work on tailoring the offense to fit Merten's ability instead of throwing him into something that doesn't fit him. If they change the offense, I personally feel that Nick and the offense would be extremely productive.

rutlandbison
12-01-2008, 01:25 AM
I Predict there will be football played.

OldBison
12-01-2008, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=Bison101;221713]I'm going to go EXTREMELY out in a limb, because this year was a complete and utter flop. I'm predicting the opponents we already have on our schedule.

[QUOTE]

There may be hope for the Iowa State game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/12/01/cyclones.ap/index.html

msvjcpa
12-01-2008, 06:33 PM
After viewing the "full interview" completed by Steve Hallstrom and Coach Bohl, I don't feel that anybody is giving Mertens enough credit for what he did this year. Merten's game is not sit in the packet, but run and make things happen with his feet. The SDSU game was enough evidence for me. The 2nd and part of the 3rd quarter, NDSU moved the ball at will, why because Mertens was making plays with his feet. Bohl has basically admitted that they did everything they could to protect Mertens from injury this year, to the point of numbing the offensive production. I for one hope that Bohl and Perles work on tailoring the offense to fit Merten's ability instead of throwing him into something that doesn't fit him. If they change the offense, I personally feel that Nick and the offense would be extremely productive.

Perhaps. But you still have to be a passer. Without quoting any statistics, his accuracy seemed terrible to me. Severely under and over thrown balls all year which of course led to numerous picks and killed drives. Don't you at least have to hit the open guy regardless of whether you're good at making plays with your feet? To have thrown as many picks as TDs is unacceptable. If he isn't capable of improving his accuracy, they need to look somewhere else. We have enough running backs...

imported_Bisongold
12-02-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm not sure he can learn to " check down". My concern is that if he has not learned this by now, he probably won't. The safeties and opposing coaches dialed in on this early in the season. I do think he could be a good rusher.

bisonmike2
12-02-2008, 09:42 PM
as of right now we are not a playoff team in 2009. We have alot of holes to fill and lots of new guys will not only have to step up but be marginally better than the guys they are replacing. The main thing this team needs is that they need to figure out how to win a game. They were in every game this year but we only won the games we had full control of with the exception of SIU. I seperate SIU because that victory was the result of many different things coming together, especially luck. Anyway, back on point. This team needs to figure out how to put together a come behind victory and much of that starts with Mertens. So far he's 0-4 in the comeback department and it's probably in his head now. I would also think that it's also in the heads of every other player that steps on the field with him. There's no doubt all the other players will be thinking, "ok, just don't blow it." And when you play like that, you end up blowing it. They need to do it at least once to erase some of the doubts that will be held over from last year. If they don't get one early, it could be another long season.

SDbison
12-03-2008, 02:55 PM
as of right now we are not a playoff team in 2009. We have alot of holes to fill and lots of new guys will not only have to step up but be marginally better than the guys they are replacing. The main thing this team needs is that they need to figure out how to win a game. They were in every game this year but we only won the games we had full control of with the exception of SIU. I seperate SIU because that victory was the result of many different things coming together, especially luck. Anyway, back on point. This team needs to figure out how to put together a come behind victory and much of that starts with Mertens. So far he's 0-4 in the comeback department and it's probably in his head now. I would also think that it's also in the heads of every other player that steps on the field with him. There's no doubt all the other players will be thinking, "ok, just don't blow it." And when you play like that, you end up blowing it. They need to do it at least once to erase some of the doubts that will be held over from last year. If they don't get one early, it could be another long season.
Very good post......this is what has happened to the Bison and it needs to reversed ASAP!. Losing games is contageous, and same for loss of confidence. Don't want to get comfortable with where things are now.

HerdBot
12-04-2008, 02:36 PM

I agree with most of your post but we missed 3 field goals againt SIU so I think they we're the lucky team.

fargocyclone
12-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I agree with most of your post but we missed 3 field goals againt SIU so I think they were the lucky team.

It isn't luck or chance when it happens consistently... At some point it's skill (or lack thereof).

bisonmike2
12-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I agree with most of your post but we missed 3 field goals againt SIU so I think they we're the lucky team.

I was mainly referring to SIU's epic collapse in the second half that invovled some luck, some skill, some bad calls gone our way.