PDA

View Full Version : Bohl Football Show

Bisonfan1
10-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Just got done watching the show, The highlights were even uglier than what I thought I saw live during the game. Poor tackling/missed tackles, poor special teams coverage, poor blocking, were manhandled at the line of scrimmage, interceptions wtf, who was he throwing to on some of those passes? predictable play calling again ! AND AGAIN, a very winnable game if the team exicutes on offense, defense gave the Bison a chance to win the second half and the game.

My play of the game from the football Show highlights - The Bison fans standing and jumping up and down (that type of behavior will get you tossed from the Fargodome) GOOD FOR YOU !!!!

I still think opposing teams are having no problem preparing for the Bison with this generic play calling. Way too many 3rd and longs all year.

Merten's does not have a grasp on this offense, this is ridiculous, he's been in the system long enough, he should have been able to NOT miss much of a beat from last year's production even though he did not have much game experience.

After each loss I have expected improvement in all areas mentioned above, I see no shining star in any category. My bags were packed for Tennesee at the beginning of the year, this is all very hard to take right now when the basics of football (blocking and tackling) do not improve AT ALL week after week.

4mcruenomore
10-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Just watched it also, and I agree.

CaBisonFan
10-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Just got done watching the show, The highlights were even uglier than what I thought I saw live during the game. Poor tackling/missed tackles, poor special teams coverage, poor blocking, were manhandled at the line of scrimmage, interceptions wtf, who was he throwing to on some of those passes? predictable play calling again ! AND AGAIN, a very winnable game if the team exicutes on offense, defense gave the Bison a chance to win the second half and the game.

My play of the game from the football Show highlights - The Bison fans standing and jumping up and down (that type of behavior will get you tossed from the Fargodome) GOOD FOR YOU !!!!

I still think opposing teams are having no problem preparing for the Bison with this generic play calling. Way too many 3rd and longs all year.

Merten's does not have a grasp on this offense, this is ridiculous, he's been in the system long enough, he should have been able to NOT miss much of a beat from last year's production even though he did not have much game experience.

After each loss I have expected improvement in all areas mentioned above, I see no shining star in any category. My bags were packed for Tennesee at the beginning of the year, this is all very hard to take right now when the basics of football (blocking and tackling) do not improve AT ALL week after week.

It is very hard to watch this ultra-talented team implode. I feel badly for everyone involved, including the fans.

A1pigskin
10-19-2008, 06:09 PM
Its not all Mertens. He seems to be taking the brunt of this smack.

X-Factor
10-19-2008, 07:51 PM
But the truth is that this team would be 6-1 at the very worst with a half decent QB. Anytime you lose the turnover margin 5-1 against a team like UNI you are usually looking at a blowout especially considering the field position we put the defense in all day. Those guys played way above what was needed to win, but special teams and QB dropped the ball hardcore.

semobison
10-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Wow! This has become a very dissapointing season! We have two major problems. Our QB isnt very good and our O line is below average. Tough to be very good offensively. Changes need to be made!

A1pigskin
10-19-2008, 11:02 PM
But the truth is that this team would be 6-1 at the very worst with a half decent QB. Anytime you lose the turnover margin 5-1 against a team like UNI you are usually looking at a blowout especially considering the field position we put the defense in all day. Those guys played way above what was needed to win, but special teams and QB dropped the ball hardcore.

We can't put all the blame on the QB. Special teams is not doing well, our O line seems weak.

X-Factor
10-20-2008, 12:57 AM
We can't put all the blame on the QB. Special teams is not doing well, our O line seems weak.

I agree, special teams and o-line are weak as well due to injuries or just under achievement I dont know. However, the weakest link by far is what the majority of threads on Bisonville have been discussing since the Wyoming debacle. But in the end we do have to work with what we have on the roster and if that means Mertens then so be it. The whole team needs to rally and support each other by raising their game. And the biggest issue of all: someone needs to grow a pair of balls and become a true leader for that offense. Without it even individual improvement will go wasted.

chuckles
10-20-2008, 01:38 AM
what gets me is after watching the show is the way Bohl acts. Yes he says he was disappointed with the execution yesterday and clearly shouldn't be very happy. Yet every time Phil Hansen says his name (ie beginning of the show, or when returning from commercial) Bohl sits there with this half arsed smile on his face. Watch the replay tonight, if I were him I would still be upset as most of us are on here!

stevdock
10-20-2008, 01:56 AM
It's the same smile he's had ever since he started the show. Unfortunately he has been told to do it any opportunity he can as he's been told it will make him look better.

Seriously if this team was functioning on all cylinders minus the QB, I'd say pour it on Mertens. But come on, the O-Line is awful, too many drops, play calling is about as generic as a Jr. High team. I'm not saying Mertens doesn't deserve some of it, but to say this team would be 6-1 and a serious contender still is rediculous. The sad thing is I don't see it getting better next year. Bohl and the coaching staff have got to take a serious look at this team and figure out how to make it much much better, as this team right now will not be a consistent contender in the MVFC for a while to come.

Now even saying all that we've only lost our four games by a combined 26 points. But you're going to see that up and down this conference and we've got to close the gap.

*Bisonrube
10-20-2008, 02:18 AM
It's the same smile he's had ever since he started the show. Unfortunately he has been told to do it any opportunity he can as he's been told it will make him look better.

Seriously if this team was functioning on all cylinders minus the QB, I'd say pour it on Mertens. But come on, the O-Line is awful, too many drops, play calling is about as generic as a Jr. High team. I'm not saying Mertens doesn't deserve some of it, but to say this team would be 6-1 and a serious contender still is rediculous. The sad thing is I don't see it getting better next year. Bohl and the coaching staff have got to take a serious look at this team and figure out how to make it much much better, as this team right now will not be a consistent contender in the MVFC for a while to come.

Now even saying all that we've only lost our four games by a combined 26 points. But you're going to see that up and down this conference and we've got to close the gap.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I guess we will have to wait til next year to see if we have recruited a 'game changing' player and if we can repair our obvious short comings.

Go BISON!!

90BISON
10-20-2008, 03:20 AM

Yes we could easily have been 6-1. Every other game than this one, we had a very good chance to drive down and win it in the end, only to throw it away, again and again. I can see that happening in one or two games, but every game that we have played since Wyoming?????:mad:

lakesbison
10-20-2008, 04:24 AM
3000+ ndsu fans drive six god dam drunken hours to see our team not show us...BUT WE SHOW UP AND THEY DONT SHOW ONE FREAKIN SHOT OF US ON THE SHOW????

SCREW U CH 4 & 11--since its the same company.....thanks alot .,what a joke!!!

TransAmBison
10-20-2008, 04:30 AM
3000+ ndsu fans drive six god dam drunken hours to see our team not show us...BUT WE SHOW UP AND THEY DONT SHOW ONE FREAKIN SHOT OF US ON THE SHOW????

SCREW U CH 4 & 11--since its the same company.....thanks alot .,what a joke!!!
Wow, after all the problems with our football team you are upset about not having screenshots of you at the game??!! Classic!!!! :D

lakesbison
10-20-2008, 05:31 AM
When our team is 3-4 .........why else would i watch that show...it sure as hell to watch the hilites....plus the ladies in da front row with us were...H.O.T!!!

HerdBot
10-20-2008, 06:32 AM

Misery loves company and leadership has failed to whoop it in the ass. Who is the leadership? I say it's the QB and the coaches.

Thundering_Herd
10-20-2008, 06:40 PM
what gets me is after watching the show is the way Bohl acts. Yes he says he was disappointed with the execution yesterday and clearly shouldn't be very happy. Yet every time Phil Hansen says his name (ie beginning of the show, or when returning from commercial) Bohl sits there with this half arsed smile on his face. Watch the replay tonight, if I were him I would still be upset as most of us are on here!

I agree. I'm tired of seeing his big 'ole smile on the show as the team continues to lose games. I think he needs to show that he's just as F'ing pissed off as the rest of us are.

HandoEX
10-20-2008, 06:47 PM
I agree. I'm tired of seeing his big 'ole smile on the show as the team continues to lose games. I think he needs to show that he's just as F'ing pissed off as the rest of us are.

Why? Why does it matter if he's smiling on a tv show? His players shouldn't be watching the show and the only thing that should matter is how he talks to his players, coaches and recruits. I doubt the players are getting the same smiles in the locker room or on the practice field this week...:smh: