PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for rest of season

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-19-2008, 02:45 AM
How do we do with 4 games left?

I'm thinking we're lucky to win 2.

4mcruenomore
10-19-2008, 02:47 AM
I only care if we win vs. SDSU. Nothing else matters.

BisoninNWMN
10-19-2008, 02:48 AM
How do we do with 4 games left?

I'm thinking we're lucky to win 2.

Sh**...the way we are playing .... we'll be lucky to win 1.

Indiana State is a joke but the rest are going to be tuff.....esp with 2 more on the road.

What is the record for ints in a season????? Bet we're damn close to it!!!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-19-2008, 03:01 AM
Sh**...the way we are playing .... we'll be lucky to win 1.

Indiana State is a joke but the rest are going to be tuff.....esp with 2 more on the road.

What is the record for ints in a season????? Bet we're damn close to it!!!

NDSU FOOTBALL INTERCEPTION RECORDS

Career: 16, Steve Krumrei, 1967-69.

Season: 8, Frank Esposito, 1953.

Game: 4, Frank Esposito, 1953, vs. Northern Iowa.

Well at least poor Frank can finally get his name taken out of the record books.

Move over Frank, we have a new record holder at NDSU.

Hang in there Steve, it won't be long before your name is erased as well. :D (or has it been already?)

4mcruenomore
10-19-2008, 03:02 AM
Yeah, but Steve won us a couple of championships??????

99Bison
10-19-2008, 05:48 AM
Um say 4-0 rest of season.

90BISON
10-19-2008, 05:54 AM
I'm going with 4-0 as well. Call me crazy.:hide: Now wouldn't that be a poetic way to end the season, with a thumping of the bunnies.:D

99Bison
10-19-2008, 05:55 AM
I'm going with 4-0 as well. Call me crazy.:hide: Now wouldn't that be a poetic way to end the season, with a thumping of the bunnies.:D

There's really only one remotely tough game... We play like today minus field position problems and we win all of them.

tjbison
10-19-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm worried about the bunny game!!!

only because tailgating will be hard on me for that one!

bisonmike2
10-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I only care if we win vs. SDSU. Nothing else matters.

amen. with playoffs out of the question we only have 1 more game the rest of the year. If we get beat by the Bunnies, in our house for the first time in over 40 years, this season will be one of the worst ever. Not record wise but disappointment wise. Coming off of back to back 10-1 seasons, the top rank team in the country at one point, first year eligible for playoffs and we start our FCS journey by falling flat on our face out of the gate. If we don't beat the Bunnies in our house it's a disgrace. It will be the last thing that can provide hope for next year. Can you imagine having to go through the off season with back to back losses to SDSU? I'm going to borrow a line from the guys up north and tweak it for us. At least we have basketball.

NDSUstudent
10-19-2008, 02:09 PM
We can win them all, the stretch of games we just went through was ridiculous. Of course the team will need to dig deep and play for pride now.

Bisonfan1
10-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Beat SDSU, I am worried about winning any more games let alone SDSU. The give me game against Indiana State isnt even looking like a sure bet now. Loosing fever has struck hard and I dont see any cure soon. I feel bad for the players, I think the coaching/play calling is not getting it done this year. Again another game of predictable play calling at UNI.

NDSUstudent
10-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Beat SDSU, I am worried about winning any more games let alone SDSU. The give me game against Indiana State isnt even looking like a sure bet now. Loosing fever has struck hard and I dont see any cure soon. I feel bad for the players, I think the coaching/play calling is not getting it done this year. Again another game of predictable play calling at UNI.

Yep, same game plan for the fourth game in a row. :smh: :smh:

A1pigskin
10-19-2008, 02:44 PM
This is a tough one. If we keep throwing interceptions, over throwing, under throwing, can't block, and special teams are turning out to be special needs team. Our play calling is bankrupt. I feel better now.

We will win 2 more games, 1) Indiana and 2) SDSU. However, they will all be close. We win by a field goal.

IBleedYellow
10-19-2008, 03:00 PM
If we play like we did against WUI or UNI. We are going to get our asses handed to us by SDSU. And that CAN'T happen. They better defend that dome like that is what the whole season rides on.

Bison101
10-19-2008, 04:46 PM
4-0 with close wins at Missouri State and vs. SDSU.

X-Factor
10-19-2008, 05:30 PM

Well at least poor Frank can finally get his name taken out of the record books.

Hang in there Steve, it won't be long before your name is erased as well. :D (or has it been already?)

Those records can not be correct at all. For one, even Steve Walker had 21 interceptions in his career. 0,4,7,10 his 4 years as a starter in that order. Steve Walker also had 4 INT's against SFA last fall and 10 for the season. Tony Stauss had 5 INT's against Northern Colorado in 2005. That is just going back to 2004, there may be more if you look farther back.

tjbison
10-19-2008, 05:38 PM

I agree but the players lack of execution are not giving the coaches much to work with for plays, we can't run a damn swing pass correct how in the hell can we reach into the playbook and pull out the tricks!!!

99Bison
10-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Those records can not be correct at all. For one, even Steve Walker had 21 interceptions in his career. 0,4,7,10 his 4 years as a starter in that order. Steve Walker also had 4 INT's against SFA last fall and 10 for the season. Tony Stauss had 5 INT's against Northern Colorado in 2005. That is just going back to 2004, there may be more if you look farther back.

Here looks updated, from further down in media guide.
PASSES HAD INTERCEPTED
Game: 5, Tony Stauss, 2004 vs. Northern Colorado
5, Paul Walczak, 1974, vs. Montana State
5, Frank Hentges, 1963, vs. North Dakota
Season: 14, Paul Walczak, 1974
Career: 25, Paul Walczak, 1973-74
Feeney - 24
Speral - 22
Walker - 21

Bisonfan1
10-19-2008, 05:53 PM
I agree but the players lack of execution are not giving the coaches much to work with for plays, we can't run a damn swing pass correct how in the hell can we reach into the playbook and pull out the tricks!!!

If your talking the open Tyler Jangula in the endzone, then I agree with what you are saying. I will still stand by the fact that the play calling has put Mertens in position to fail more times than not, very predictable, teams have easy preparation for game plan against the Bison. Dont tell me that the offensive guru cant come up with something that may fit Mertens style more? I know the supporting cast has alot to do with the offensive woes the Bison have experienced, but it is time to mix it up dont you think ???

A1pigskin
10-19-2008, 06:02 PM
I think Mertens and company is going to come out strong and kick some hind-end.

tjbison
10-19-2008, 06:03 PM
If your talking the open Tyler Jangula in the endzone, then I agree with what you are saying. I will still stand by the fact that the play calling has put Mertens in position to fail more times than not, very predictable, teams have easy preparation for game plan against the Bison. Dont tell me that the offensive guru cant come up with something that may fit Mertens style more? I know the supporting cast has alot to do with the offensive woes the Bison have experienced, but it is time to mix it up dont you think ???

I did say that I agree!!:p

and yes I don't understand why Jangs hasn't been involved like he was in the past, and Wurz for that matter, when they did try and throw to Wurz yesterday the passes were bad:hide:

Bisonfan1
10-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Cant remember exactly what coach said on the football show today, but I thought he said going back to more high completion passes, if that is what he said, that is what ive been screaming all along. Mertens has been put into too many 3rd and longs, then it seems the desperation play calling and long passes up the field when the defense knows whats coming. Short passes to the RB's, FB's and tight ends and put the game in their hands may be exactly whats needed. Big Big change is not necessarly in order, but change is needed because what is being done now, game after game after game is not getting it done.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Cant remember exactly what coach said on the football show today, but I thought he said going back to more high completion passes, if that is what he said, that is what ive been screaming all along. Mertens has been put into too many 3rd and longs, then it seems the desperation play calling and long passes up the field when the defense knows whats coming. Short passes to the RB's, FB's and tight ends and put the game in their hands may be exactly whats needed. Big Big change is not necessarly in order, but change is needed because what is being done now, game after game after game is not getting it done.

EXXXXXXXXXXXXXACTLY, took them this long to figure out something sooooo simple??????????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR THE FRUSTRATION, time to get off b'ville for a few hours to cool down and not say something dumb or that i'll regret.

bisonmike2
10-19-2008, 09:43 PM
I think Mertens and company is going to come out strong and kick some hind-end.

I've been telling myself that for the past 3 weeks. It hasn't been working. I predict we will continue to be disapointed with our QB and O-line play.

BisonNeil
10-19-2008, 11:20 PM

I don't know where you got those records, but the season record can't be only 8. Walker had 9 last year, threw 4 in SFA, another 3 at SLO. That has to be dated material.

TheBisonator
10-19-2008, 11:25 PM
I don't know where you got those records, but the season record can't be only 8. Walker had 9 last year, threw 4 in SFA, another 3 at SLO. That has to be dated material.

Looks like it came from the 1975 media guide. LOL;)