PDA

View Full Version : Let's face It.

Bison15
10-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Let's face it, we are just not very good. The guys do make some mistakes that put them in bad spots but the o line isn't great, the QB can't throw a ball to his recievers, We come out with zero intensity, special team is horrible, defence has holes all over it in the secondary and we don't get good pressure on the qb most of the time. Granted the D shut them out in the second half. I a'm going to give this loss to the offence and esspesially our QB. Over all i'm very disappointed but we all set ourselves up for dissipointment with all the hype. I will however still be in the stands for the remaining games and I am still firmly entrenched on the band wagon. Wait I have always been on the wagon and always will be. Until Chub's comes a'callin.:cheers:

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Let's face it, we are just not very good. The guys do make some mistakes that put them in bad spots but the o line isn't great, the QB can't throw a ball to his recievers, We come out with zero intensity, special team is horrible, defence has holes all over it in the secondary and we don't get good pressure on the qb most of the time. Granted the D shut them out in the second half. I a'm going to give this loss to the offence and esspesially our QB. Over all i'm very disappointed but we all set ourselves up for dissipointment with all the hype. I will however still be in the stands for the remaining games and I am still firmly entrenched on the band wagon. Wait I have always been on the wagon and always will be. Until Chub's comes a'callin.:cheers:

With a QB like Walker, we are just as good as last year. Merten's can't hit open receivers, throws to the wrong receivers, and continually throws picks. Above everything else, HE is the cancer of the team.

Bison15
10-19-2008, 12:39 AM
With a QB like Walker, we are just as good as last year. Merten's can't hit open receivers, throws to the wrong receivers, and continually throws picks. Above everything else, HE is the cancer of the team.

The cancer has spread.

A1pigskin
10-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Our ratings will drop below 25.

MN_BISON
10-19-2008, 12:51 AM

Yep, the run in the top 20 is done. It would be interesting to know how many weeks in a row NDSU had been rated in the the top 20. I hope these guys dig deep and come back and play hard, a lot of season left, time to raise the bar and show some Bison Pride.

tjbison
10-19-2008, 12:52 AM

WHO CARES!!!! I STILL BELIEVE THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG HEADS! i would rather start the season -5000 than in the top 25 at least the players feel like they HAVE to play and not just show up and jump around a little

BisoninNWMN
10-19-2008, 03:05 AM
Boy, after the CCSU game I thought this team was a playoff team for sure.....boy am I a dumb-ass!!

We had a ton a starters back with a lot of experience.......what the hell happened??????

This is the worst qb play since.......I don't know when. Someone fill me in if there has been worse qb play at NDSU!!!!

Mertens stays in and he should break the int record....whatever it is!!

4mcruenomore
10-19-2008, 03:07 AM
Lots of talk at work if UND wins at Southern Illinois, Southern Utah, they could be ranked above us. I guess it's big talk. I work with lots of UND fans, but still makes me cringe.

No_Skill
10-19-2008, 03:10 AM
Lots of talk at work if UND wins at Southern Illinois, Southern Utah, they could be ranked above us. I guess it's big talk. I work with lots of UND fans, but still makes me cringe.

Not to worry. UND will get pwned by SIU.

56BISON73
10-19-2008, 03:10 AM
Boy, after the CCSU game I thought this team was a playoff team for sure.....boy am I a dumb-ass!!

We had a ton a starters back with a lot of experience.......what the hell happened??????

This is the worst qb play since.......I don't know when. Someone fill me in if there has been worse qb play at NDSU!!!!

Mertens stays in and he should break the int record....whatever it is!!

Hes already broken the single season record. He now has 13 INTs. The career record is 16---over 3 years. PL

BisoninNWMN
10-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Hes already broken the single season record. He now has 13 INTs. The career record is 16---over 3 years. PL

PL....What the hell is wrong with the line????

Is it zone blocking or are the guys we have just not good enough????

Injuries is not the sole reason for their piss poor play.

Insight from a former Olineman??!!??

Jay
10-19-2008, 03:20 AM
we'll be lucky to win one more game. we are flat out terrible, from top to bottom (coaches included). no direction, no guts, terrible decision not to recruit a qb forever (how bad are the rest of our qb's if mertens doesn't get pulled), overhyped, overrated, terrible play calling, fans losing confidence in the stands, etc., etc., etc! so FRUSTRATING!!!!!

56BISON73
10-19-2008, 03:27 AM

I didnt see the game today. Ive never been a big fan of the push push zone blocking. But from what Ive seen the other teams D-line has been more physical than the O-line.
Also the opposing teams are selling out on the run challenging us to pass because of our obvious deficiency at that position. Then later in the game when its an obvious pass they go to a 3 man rush and they still cant do the job.
I just dont know what the deal is with some of it. Some problems are obvious. Other its frustrating because there shouldnt be a problem. PL

Bisonguy
10-19-2008, 03:47 AM

I don't have the greatest understanding of the OL, but when there's one player continually standing around and not engaging a defender on running plays, two guys trying to pancake the same defender that was already on the ground, or allowing a 3 man rush get to the QB in a short drop, I'd say they just aren't that good.

BisonNeil
10-19-2008, 05:14 AM

I posted this earlier in the week:

As many of you know I work with a former Bison OL, an all-conference performer in the old NCC. He instinctively watches the OL exclusively. He has seen all but one game this year (missed WY game). As of today, these are the salient points of our conversation regarding the current OL. Don't kill the messenger, I am only sharing what he told me (I am leaving out all of the expletives).

1) they lack leadership in the huddle, and by leadership he means the QB. He says their body language tells him they have no confidence in what is going on

2) this OL is the least physical OL he has seen in many years and may be the least physical OL he has seen EVER!

3) poorest OL he has seen in sustaining blocks, in other words, they don't.

4) one of them makes the same mistakes, technique wise, play after play, game after game. I won't say who, but it wouldn't come as a surprise.

5) they do nothing to protect the pile and that really pisses him off. players try to make a block and then quit, long before the whistle has blown. He says opposing players piling on Roehl and Paschall, DBs that should be headed off by an OL until the whistle blows. He says only one OL plays consistently until the whistle blows

6) his personal opinion is that this is what you get when an OL has never had a coach who played the position and this is the first crop of guys who have spent their entire career under Perles.

99Bison
10-19-2008, 05:25 AM

Step away from the cliff. We played against the best team so far this year today...

Here's the reality of today.
The D was good today. They gave up 3 points on their own today. QB accuracy was bad today. WR caught ok today. Paschall ran well today. oline first half blocking was terrible. Field position from special teams and not moving the ball cost us dearly today (this is the definition of the first half). The intensity was there today. The turnovers miraculously didn't really hurt us much today. We play like we did today as a team for all previous games and we are at probably 5-2 or better right now.

56BISON73
10-19-2008, 05:30 AM
Regardless of whos at fault the cold hard facts are ---the Bison arent as good as many thought they are or should be and the MVFC is better and tougher than many thought it was going to be.
What type of character this team truly has will be put on display in the remaining 4 games. They will be playing for pride and the love of the game as there is nothing else. PL