PDA

View Full Version : Your Worst Nightmare??

iamabison
10-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Given what we've seen this year, you could argue that the Bison are a ways away from competing for an MVC title, nevermind a I-AA championship. So that being said...

Who makes the I-AA playoff field first?
NDSU playing in the MVC or UND playing in the GW (assuming UND is in the GW when they are playoff eligible)

Bison101
10-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Given what we've seen this year, you could argue that the Bison are a ways away from competing for an MVC title, nevermind a I-AA championship. So that being said...

Who makes the I-AA playoff field first?
NDSU playing in the MVC or UND playing in the GW (assuming UND is in the GW when they are playoff eligible)

NDSU in the MVC. The GW won't be eligible for a loooooooooooooooonnnnngg time.

iamabison
10-19-2008, 12:14 AM
They don't need the GW to have an autobid to make it...Cal Poly made it to the playoffs a couple years ago coming out of the GW.

tjbison
10-19-2008, 12:37 AM
I couldn't imagine what the score of the game between App St and NDSU would be, Armanti wouldn't need anybody else on the field, he would run us into the ground!!:hide:

aces1180
10-19-2008, 12:40 AM
Thinking back to August....My worst nightmare has come true.....

A1pigskin
10-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Nothing this year. Maybe Mertens can use the rest of the year to practice for next years schedule.

aces1180
10-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Nothing this year. Maybe Mertens can use the rest of the year to practice for next years schedule.

Well, now that we are in the MVFC, its doesn't get any easier...Add ISU to that and it will be tough again.

A1pigskin
10-19-2008, 12:46 AM
We are less than average.

CaBisonFan
10-19-2008, 12:48 AM

The sacrificial season, without major adjustments, with a talent-laiden team. Truly unbelievable.

We will make the playoffs within the next 2 or 3 years...but now we have to rebuild after a confidence-breaking season.

It didn't need to be this way.

I'll point at the coaching staff for not making adjustments...whether it be personnel, offensive schemes, defensive schemes...whatever.

This has gone way beyond being Nick Mertens' fault. We can blame it on Nick I suppose...but I see it like this. If you have a pitcher on the mound who is getting hammered consistently through a part of the season...you make changes. You make changes to protect the pitcher...and the team. You can blame the rest of the team, but using another baseball analogy...it's hard to play defense & to score runs when you're always behind, and when you've lost confidence in the guy on the mound.

I was proud that the team didn't give up.

tjbison
10-19-2008, 12:50 AM
The sacrificial season, without major adjustments, with a talent-laiden team. Truly unbelievable.

We will make the playoffs within the next 2 or 3 years...but now we have to rebuild after a confidence-breaking season.

I'll point at the coaching staff for not making adjustments...whether it be personnel, offensive schemes, defensive schemes...whatever.

This has gone way beyond being Nick Mertens' fault. We can blame it on Nick I suppose...but I see it like this. If you have a pitcher on the mound who is getting hammered consistently through a part of the season...you make changes. You make changes to protect the pitcher...and the team.

:cheers: :cheers: very true especially the D!!!

Rockbear99
10-19-2008, 12:51 AM
My worst nightmare would have to be if Mertins was a freshmen. Thank god he will be out of here after next year.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-19-2008, 12:51 AM

Screw that. I want no part of Mertens next year. HE'S WORTHLESS. HE'LL NEVER MAKE AN AVERAGE QB. PUT A FORK IN HIM. HE'S DONE.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-19-2008, 12:53 AM

This has gone way beyond being Nick Mertens' fault. We can blame it on Nick I suppose...but I see it like this. If you have a pitcher on the mound who is getting hammered consistently through a part of the season...you make changes. You make changes to protect the pitcher...and the team. You can blame the rest of the team, but using another baseball analogy...it's hard to play defense & to score runs when you're always behind, and when you've lost confidence in the guy on the mound.

Right on. Coaching this season has been horrible all around.