PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting for the Missouri Valley Conf.

bisoneer
10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
I wonder what some of the thoughts are from our coaches & players or people close to them about how the ball has been bouncing for our football team this year? I know at this time it is taboo for them to talk but it will be interesting post season to see if they felt we can compete in this conf. with our current level of personnel or if we need to move up a step in recruiting in order to compete and be in the top 3 of this conf. consistently. People like #35 from WIU, where do they come from? Texas, Ohio or Illinois? Or are we right there now but just are not getting the breaks?

tjbison
10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Relax Bisoneer, we are doing fine at recruiting, we haven't been blown out by anyone, we are competative! we outplayed an 85 scholly MWC school for a half until the meltdown, thats more than enough to compete in the MVFC!:)

JacksFan06
10-14-2008, 06:00 PM
This link shows some players the Bison are after:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?page=considering&season=2009&schoolId=2449&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fpage%3dconsider ing%26season%3d2009%26schoolId%3d2449

Here's SDSU's list:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?page=considering&season=2009&schoolId=2571&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fpage%3dconsider ing%26season%3d2009%26schoolId%3d2571

bisoneer
10-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Hey, thats a neat site, thanks.

HerdBot
10-16-2008, 06:31 AM
I wonder what some of the thoughts are from our coaches & players or people close to them about how the ball has been bouncing for our football team this year? I know at this time it is taboo for them to talk but it will be interesting post season to see if they felt we can compete in this conf. with our current level of personnel or if we need to move up a step in recruiting in order to compete and be in the top 3 of this conf. consistently. People like #35 from WIU, where do they come from? Texas, Ohio or Illinois? Or are we right there now but just are not getting the breaks?

We can definitely compete because we've been in every conference game. What we need to work on is 1) depth and 2) getting a big time play maker.

We're headed in the right direction because we are just starting to see the impact of having 63 scholarships and we can now recruit players who will get 4 years of playoff eligibility. Think about this... our senior class only gets 1 shot at making the playoffs.

If we are to take it to the next level we need to make more big plays and get some speed. Rarely do those guys come out of North Dakota so we'll have to go out and get them.

We got Walker, Mays, and Drago out of Illinois without anyone knowing about NDSU. Now that we're in the MVC and play 3 schools out of Illinois every year, it's going to greatly increase our visibility in Illinois.

Personally, I like going after the guys in Wisconsin, Minnesota, ND, and SD because they don't mind the weather and we're going to get 4 years out of them. Illinois is an extension of the midwest and it's culture so I hope we hit it hard. Plus we have a better shot of finding true play makers there.

But we need to snag the occasional gem from JUCO's or find the Shamens from Florida.

steelbison
10-21-2008, 05:26 PM
After going to the UNI game I would say we need another level of player. We need to take our recruiting to another level if we want to win this conference.

We have a lot of catching up to do. We need a QB/O-line playmaking RB playmaking WR Pass rushing DE's Better LB play.

IN otherwards we need a lot if we want to WIN this conference..

SDbison
10-21-2008, 06:10 PM
After going to the UNI game I would say we need another level of player. We need to take our recruiting to another level if we want to win this conference.

We have a lot of catching up to do. We need a QB/O-line playmaking RB playmaking WR Pass rushing DE's Better LB play.

IN otherwards we need a lot if we want to WIN this conference..
And is the sky falling too?
Geez, give it a break.......the MVFC including UNI are not so great that NDSU cannot compete. This current Bison team had their bubble burst early in the second half at Wyoming and has since not recovered. Too many weaknesses exposed (QB decision making, O & D line inconsistent, missed passes, penalties, erratic play by special teams). The caliber of player is there (except QB), but the confidence is gone. Can't say I don't blame coaching a bit too (predictable O, lack of QB improvement, poor QB recruiting, team as a whole not fired up). Sick and tired of Bohl complimenting the other team while not implementing fixes for the crap play by his own team!

NDSUFan_Sav
10-21-2008, 09:55 PM
And is the sky falling too?
Geez, give it a break.......the MVFC including UNI are not so great that NDSU cannot compete. This current Bison team had their bubble burst early in the second half at Wyoming and has since not recovered. Too many weaknesses exposed (QB decision making, O & D line inconsistent, missed passes, penalties, erratic play by special teams). The caliber of player is there (except QB), but the confidence is gone. Can't say I don't blame coaching a bit too (predictable O, lack of QB improvement, poor QB recruiting, team as a whole not fired up). Sick and tired of Bohl complimenting the other team while not implementing fixes for the crap play by his own team!

Very understandable.....See you up here Nov 1st??? or you plan on coming up Halloween night and going out??? West Lots bud lets have a few together!

SDbison
10-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Very understandable.....See you up here Nov 1st??? or you plan on coming up Halloween night and going out??? West Lots bud lets have a few together!
You bet I will be there! Wish I could go to Illinois to see the premiere of the next Bison QB, Jose Mohler! I think he will do great things and get the team believing in themselves again. Too bad it will be a bit too late for the playoffs. My previous post really sums up what I believe are the problems with this Bison team. So disappointing for the fans and the players!

NDSUFan_Sav
10-21-2008, 10:37 PM
You bet I will be there! Wish I could go to Illinois to see the premiere of the next Bison QB, Jose Mohler! I think he will do great things and get the team believing in themselves again. Too bad it will be a bit too late for the playoffs. My previous post really sums up what I believe are the problems with this Bison team. So disappointing for the fans and the players!

Yeah, I might be heading to the Cities or staying here in fargo, either way they have it on the gobison.com site as a live event for video...So, I'll be watching on there on the new laptop hope i don't get to mad and toss it.

Herd
10-21-2008, 10:50 PM
So far, I'd go with S. IL as the most athletic, and UNI as the most physical. Were not far behind, but we were below these two teams in these two categories . . . IMO. Good QB play would have overcome any deficiencies as we just didn't get it done on Offense.

Herd
10-21-2008, 10:55 PM
So far, I'd go with S. IL as the most athletic, and UNI/WIL as the most physical. Were not far behind, but we were below these teams in these two categories . . . IMO. Good QB play would have overcome any deficiencies as we just didn't get it done on Offense.

I had not seen a Bison team (since 2004) that didn't think it could win agaist anyone and was ready to overachieve to do so . . . until the past few weeks that is. It's painful to watch.

A turnaround will happen, let's hope its the next 4 games instead of next year. I am optimistic!

Mr. Burgundy
10-22-2008, 12:06 AM
I think we need a leader as much as we need some playmakers.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2008, 12:10 AM
Whens the signing day again???