PDA

View Full Version : Not out of the question

CaBisonFan
10-14-2008, 01:32 AM
A strong finish and a share of the conference title is not out of the question.

When the Bison walked off the field after the game I was awestruck by their body language.

These guys know what is NOT happening...and they're more upset than any of us are.

They also know that the season isn't over.

I wouldn't be shocked if a totally different team showed up at UNI. One thing is certain...the Bison will be radically pumped for Saturday. There will be blood left on that turf. I predict one of the more physical games in recent Bison history.

Wish I could fly up to UNI. Give 'em hell guys!

Jdubs21
10-14-2008, 01:38 AM
not to mention....wasnt App state 7-3 going into the playoffs last year? we gotta realize all the teams that are ahead of us are in the same confrence, anyone can beat anyone so the teams ahead of us have a good shot of losing a few games this year as well...i wont be suprised if the top 5 teams go 7-4

56BISON73
10-14-2008, 01:41 AM
Even with all that has been written about the Bisons short comings there is one fact that is very frustrating. We have had the chance to win every game this year at the end of the game no matter how badly they played.
Just think eliminate just the stupid penaties---we win. If we make the FGs--- we win. Mertens doesnt throw the INTs---we win. Receivers dont drop sure TD passes---we win. ETC
Eliminate just one of the above and our season is much different.. So in reality the team isnt that far away from where it needs to be. PL

Jdubs21
10-14-2008, 01:44 AM
and also we didnt lose to a bad team...they last on a last second drive AT Arkansas and SEC team that beat #19 Auburn last weekend and auburn only lost to LSU by 4 points and LSU is 3rd in the nation right now

MontanaBisonFan
10-14-2008, 01:52 AM
and also we didnt lose to a bad team...they last on a last second drive AT Arkansas and SEC team that beat #19 Auburn last weekend and auburn only lost to LSU by 4 points and LSU is 3rd in the nation right now

We haven't played a bad team. I think Wyoming is the worst team to date.

If we beat UNI the Bison will be in the drivers seat.

If we lose to UNI the moon and the stars still can align to get the auto bid at 5-3 in the conference. (pretty slim though)

Go Bison at UNI

Jdubs21
10-14-2008, 01:57 AM
We haven't played a bad team. I think Wyoming is the worst team to date.

If we beat UNI the Bison will be in the drivers seat.

If we lose to UNI the moon and the stars still can align to get the auto bid at 5-3 in the conference. (pretty slim though)

Go Bison at UNI

U should look up my sister and Brother in law, they live in Helena and are die hard bison fans, so is my 7month old neice

BisonNolesFan77
10-14-2008, 02:00 AM
Even with all that has been written about the Bisons short comings there is one fact that is very frustrating. We have had the chance to win every game this year at the end of the game no matter how badly they played.
Just think eliminate just the stupid penaties---we win. If we make the FGs--- we win. Mertens doesnt throw the INTs---we win. Receivers dont drop sure TD passes---we win. ETC
Eliminate just one of the above and our season is much different.. So in reality the team isnt that far away from where it needs to be. PL

I agree, everyone can say how bad the Bison have played, but they have had a chance to win every game this year, a couple of breaks the other way and this team could be 6-0, plan and simple no one is beating this team, they are beating themselves.

A win at UNI and the Bison are in the drivers seat, and honestly, if they dont come out fired up and wanting to prove a point on Saturday, I dont think anything will fire this team up.

99Bison
10-14-2008, 02:07 AM
I agree, everyone can say how bad the Bison have played, but they have had a chance to win every game this year, a couple of breaks the other way and this team could be 6-0, plan and simple no one is beating this team, they are beating themselves.

A win at UNI and the Bison are in the drivers seat, and honestly, if they dont come out fired up and wanting to prove a point on Saturday, I dont think anything will fire this team up.

True dat!!!

Bisonfan1
10-14-2008, 02:09 AM

All fine and dandy, and I agree with most everything, HOWEVER - there is alot of talent on this team, the ball has been dropped in the coaching department and the Bison should have never been in the position to "win" the game at the end of the game, we should have been in position to lose the game at the end of the game. My opinion. all goes back to the "we will be predictably un-predictable" Last 2 years - YES - this year - NO -

CaBisonFan
10-14-2008, 03:07 AM
These are strange times for Bison fans. We got used to seeing the ship sailing at full mast.

I think that everyone in the Bison camp is in the self-analysis mode right now.

At least I hope they are.

GOB1SON
10-14-2008, 03:20 AM
Call me crazy.

After watching the press conference when I got home tonight, I just think that the offense is going to have a new "wrinkle" in it.

I don't know why I think this.

Coach didn't say anything specific. I just get that feeling that some things are going to change as far as coaching and play calling is concerned.

He did also talk a lot about stupidity and execution too.

Just my two cents.

GOB1SON
10-14-2008, 03:25 AM
Oh, and as far as the intent of this thread, it is not uncommon for 5 wins to win the conference (that was with 8 teams so seven games) and I think this year 6-2 is probably going to look pretty darn good at the end of the year.

Now, do I think the Herd can do it? Yeah. But not unless the find a little MoJo somewhere and quit killing themselves with false starts and offsides and missed kicks and I could go on for quite awhile here.

They play a mistake free game on Saturday they can win. If they win the turnover margin Saturday they can win. If they can tackle Lewis a little and get some pressure on the QB, they can win.

Gotta make it happen early! Get the ball, put together a drive, maybe turn the Panthers over early. Get on a roll (or Roehl, if you prefer).

CaBisonFan
10-14-2008, 03:33 AM
Oh, and as far as the intent of this thread, it is not uncommon for 5 wins to win the conference (that was with 8 teams so seven games) and I think this year 6-2 is probably going to look pretty darn good at the end of the year.

Now, do I think the Herd can do it? Yeah. But not unless the find a little MoJo somewhere and quit killing themselves with false starts and offsides and missed kicks and I could go on for quite awhile here.

They play a mistake free game on Saturday they can win. If they win the turnover margin Saturday they can win. If they can tackle Lewis a little and get some pressure on the QB, they can win.

Gotta make it happen early! Get the ball, put together a drive, maybe turn the Panthers over early. Get on a roll (or Roehl, if you prefer).

I totally agree. This team seems to need a quick start. A few mistakes are OK...but the quick start is needed to get their mojo going. Their confidence seems fragile. When things start going bad, it's like a snowball rolling down a hill. I think that the mindset has still been as though Steve Walker were still around. They need to learn how to put a team on its heels early.

Good comments.

Bisonguy
10-14-2008, 10:19 PM
not to mention....wasnt App state 7-3 going into the playoffs last year? we gotta realize all the teams that are ahead of us are in the same confrence, anyone can beat anyone so the teams ahead of us have a good shot of losing a few games this year as well...i wont be suprised if the top 5 teams go 7-4

ASU only had two losses last year. One was to a team that made it to the quarterfinals, the other to a 7-4 team.

NDSU's three losses aren't to teams of that caliber (MAYBE WIU).

VanClubPres
10-14-2008, 11:34 PM
[QUOTE=BisonNolesFan77;219321]they have had a chance to win every game this year, a couple of breaks the other way and this team could be 6-0QUOTE]

This is just it. They are so close and right there. They are not out by anymeans.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-15-2008, 01:47 AM
[QUOTE=BisonNolesFan77;219321]they have had a chance to win every game this year, a couple of breaks the other way and this team could be 6-0QUOTE]

This is just it. They are so close and right there. They are not out by anymeans.

Possibly 6-0, 5-1, 4-2 all of those were within reach....hopefully things go our way the rest of the season and we get into the playoffs.

X-Factor
10-15-2008, 03:59 AM

I can almost guarantee there will be no 7-4 team in the playoffs this year. There are way to many teams playing 12 games that have that one extra opportunity to make 8 wins before an 11 game 7-4 team will be invited. Unfortunate, but that is just the way it goes.

OldBison
10-15-2008, 05:47 PM
I can almost guarantee there will be no 7-4 team in the playoffs this year. There are way to many teams playing 12 games that have that one extra opportunity to make 8 wins before an 11 game 7-4 team will be invited. Unfortunate, but that is just the way it goes.

Dave Coulson's opinion via everyone's hero McFeely:

Dave Coulson, who covers FCS for The Sports Network, passed along a couple of nuggets to me when I chatted with him:

Since 1995, only three teams have made the FCS playoffs as at-large choices with four losses. Two of those could be considered special circumstances. In 2006, Montana State finished 7-4 regular season but beat Colorado. That quality win got the Bobcats in. Same year, Eastern Illinois had a special 12-game schedule because they played at Hawaii. They finished 8-4, but the eight wins was good enough to get the Panthers in.

Last year, New Hampshire was 7-4 and received an at-large bid that raised some eyebrows.

http://www.areavoices.com/mcfeely/?archive=2008-10

Bisonfan1
10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
8-3 In, 7-4 out. Playoffs start this weekend at UNI, if Pearles goes back to his genious unpredicatable play calling we saw the last 2 years, Bison win. Turn a few more pages past page 2 in the playbook please !!!!!!