PDA

View Full Version : mgbison

mgbison
10-13-2008, 06:33 AM
Driving back to the cities yesterday I had some time to think about this year and .........
1. UNI is a very winnable game. Granted yes, we have to play better but very winnable. Win out and we are fine.
2. Were we any better last yr vs this year. I think the losses to YSU and WIU are very similar to the wins against SHSU and CP last year. Yeah we beat those 2 teams last year, but this yr we just happened to be on the other side of the fence. Like JT would say what comes around goes around.
3. O-line play. If there were any position I'd blame for our record, it'd be the oline. How many penalities have they had that cost us 1st downs,etc. It's easy to blame the QB, but you have to protect the QB. and our running game, what running game.
4. Last game. It's easy to blame Mertens, but I put more blame on Perles than anyone. Going conservative isn't going to win you any games. The only really bad pass Mertens had was the screen to Roehl and possibly the last one (did he get hit as he threw it??????). It seems that they aren't letting him throw between the hashes. Why don't we ever go shotgun? Our offense right now is like the babich days or the Vikings. And it's pretty hard to run play action when you can't run the ball.
5. Overall our defense isn't that bad. they have had us in most games.
6. Last, dropped balls. It's gonna happen once in a while, but it's getting ridiculious. I don't recall receivers dropping as many balls in crucial plays when walker was QB.

just my $.02

BisoninNWMN
10-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Driving back to the cities yesterday I had some time to think about this year and .........
1. UNI is a very winnable game. Granted yes, we have to play better but very winnable. Win out and we are fine.
2. Were we any better last yr vs this year. I think the losses to YSU and WIU are very similar to the wins against SHSU and CP last year. Yeah we beat those 2 teams last year, but this yr we just happened to be on the other side of the fence. Like JT would say what comes around goes around.
3. O-line play. If there were any position I'd blame for our record, it'd be the oline. How many penalities have they had that cost us 1st downs,etc. It's easy to blame the QB, but you have to protect the QB. and our running game, what running game.
4. Last game. It's easy to blame Mertens, but I put more blame on Perles than anyone. Going conservative isn't going to win you any games. The only really bad pass Mertens had was the screen to Roehl and possibly the last one (did he get hit as he threw it??????). It seems that they aren't letting him throw between the hashes. Why don't we ever go shotgun? Our offense right now is like the babich days or the Vikings. And it's pretty hard to run play action when you can't run the ball.
5. Overall our defense isn't that bad. they have had us in most games.
6. Last, dropped balls. It's gonna happen once in a while, but it's getting ridiculious. I don't recall receivers dropping as many balls in crucial plays when walker was QB.

just my $.02

Good call......for how inept our offense has been at times, we have had the chance to win every game......we definitely have the potential to be a very good team.

Defense hasn't been too bad but special teams has been subpar.

Yes, O-line has been the weak link......need a lot of improvement.

UNI is winnable but we need to play of full 60 minutes.

GO BISON

NDSUFan_Sav
10-13-2008, 04:26 PM
Good call......for how inept our offense has been at times, we have had the chance to win every game......we definitely have the potential to be a very good team.

Defense hasn't been too bad but special teams has been subpar.

Yes, O-line has been the weak link......need a lot of improvement.

UNI is winnable but we need to play of full 60 minutes.

GO BISON

For the most part I am really pleased with our Defense, they are trying to give us every opportunity to be in every game...Wyoming??? stopped them and we got the ball back, Youngstown same thing, and same thing Saturday against WIU, it is hard not to keep opponents from scoring when there is no movement from the offense and lack of momentum, they're playing very tough. Still need work but I am happy with this defense, get the offense clicking and we can be a good team.

SDbison
10-13-2008, 04:36 PM
For the most part I am really pleased with our Defense, they are trying to give us every opportunity to be in every game...Wyoming??? stopped them and we got the ball back, Youngstown same thing, and same thing Saturday against WIU, it is hard not to keep opponents from scoring when there is no movement from the offense and lack of momentum, they're playing very tough. Still need work but I am happy with this defense, get the offense clicking and we can be a good team.
Bison D stopped WIU on their last possession because it was 99.9% sure they were going to run every play. During the rest of the game there was little penetration into the backfield by the D line. WIU on the other hand got though the Bison O line often and caused problems with the running and passing game. Bison D is average at best.

99Bison
10-13-2008, 04:42 PM
The D gave up about 14 points this game...