PDA

View Full Version : Out of Place

CaBisonFan
10-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Yesterday I sat at the 50 in Section 1. That's right. I sat...and sat...and sat...and sat.

I turned around and saw rows of people sitting silently. I saw large groups of what was obviously former players, sitting silently. I sat directly behind one of the great Bison players from the past, as he shook his head.

I watched the Bison defense staring at the sidelines until the WIU offense came up to the ball...or even later.

I saw no communication amongst those players. It was coach to players with hand signals.

I stood up and screamed my head off. I wanted to turn around and ask the crowd why they were at the game.

But what I really wanted, was to find some of you folks and get into a section that was there to get rowdy and obnoxious.

I got my 50 yd line seat because of a connection that I have...but I would have traded the seat after sitting with that section of stiffs. My 'connection' was the only person, besides me, that was into the game.

There is a fundamental problem here. Not enough people in the building are hyped.

Oh yeah...let's blame the team for that. Right

I was as frustrated with what was going on down on the turf as anyone. I saw no 'fire' on the field or on the sideline. 'zero'

19,000 fans is great...and the income is vital I assume...but I was 'struck' by the lack of enthusiasm from where I was at.

There should be an 'I'm going to go crazy' section for real fans...near the student body. And the student body should have better seats. I was impressed by what they did during the game, even though several left at halftime.

The crowd enthusiasm was scattered around the dome. The team seemed to be in some kind of coma.

I'm going to assume that the players are extremely upset...and that they are stressed to the max.

Bison fans...there is a built-in problem. It's call the 'roof.' It's too comfortable, and it makes the environment into a social event...far too casual.

Build a horseshoe outdoor stadium. Send the casual fans home if they can't stand the weather.

Give Bison football back to the team, the students, and the real fans.

A1pigskin
10-13-2008, 01:50 AM
I saw a lot of people cheering and several that were not. But it is difficult to cheer on when our team is not making it happen. I yelled, whistled, shouted, stood up and down, pounded my feet, hell I may have even farted a few times. I did notice our team needs a lot of motivation right now. But they need to find it within themselves to not give up. Is the discipline there to do this? I hope so.

I hope things change in our favor at the UNI game.

tjbison
10-13-2008, 01:54 AM
HOW ABOUT A BISONVILLE MEMBERS SECTION AT THE 50 BEHIND THE VISITOR BENCH!!!:nod:

A1pigskin
10-13-2008, 01:58 AM
HOW ABOUT A BISONVILLE MEMBERS SECTION AT THE 50 BEHIND THE VISITOR BENCH!!!:nod:

That would be cool. Maybe we should all meet in one of the corners and yell like crazy. We could move from corner to corner for the first few minutes of one of the quarters.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-13-2008, 08:11 AM
I tried very very hard to get the student section going, I gave it my all, my throat still hurts and you can tell when I talk.

Lets go fans show the team we're still there!