PDA

View Full Version : Brewster v Bohl

Amused
10-12-2008, 02:52 PM
This statement would have gotten someone put in the funny farm one year ago: I think Tim Brewster has outcoached Craig Bohl in 2008.

The Gophers haven't proven anything yet...but they're at least back to mediocre. How many would have bet on that in August? And maybe he can't coach...but if he can recruit and hire the right coordinators, he might just get this done. Saw both games on tv...along with some of the Notre Dame game. That Floyd from Minnesota is something...and the way the Gophers are going, it's not impossible that maybe next time someone like him would consider Minnesota. With their new stadium and another year of recruiting, I don't think the top 20 is out of reach in another year or two.

I don't think Craig Bohl should be pushed off a high building. But they've lost 3 of the last 4 (and needed a major comeback to win that one). Yet after each loss it seems they've come out flat the next week.

A bad game can happed to anyone. When it's a pattern against teams you are favored against, shouldn't people be asking "Why?" Again, I'm not asking for Bohl's head, but for the past 4 games he doesn't get a pass either.

You can argue injuries, expectations were too high, killer conference, etc.

This was a team projected to be top-5 that now realistically could fall off the ledge. When do people start asking "Craig, what the hell?"

Comments?

BisonNeil
10-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I agree, as I have stated elsewhere, this is a very poorly coached team right now. They continue to have serious execution problems and that goes to coaching.

Mr. Burgundy
10-12-2008, 03:27 PM
When NDSU and our coaches turn this around, can we all remind BisonNeil how negative he is and how he quit on this team.

Thanks. GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!

semobison
10-12-2008, 03:45 PM
I think we can turn this thing around, but I do feel the coaches have made some mistakes. Our offensive game plan yesterday will not be successful in this league. Mertins is playing scared. What happened to keeping the opponents defense off balance? Sure, the players have made mistakes, but the coaching staff needs to be held accountable too!!

BisonNeil
10-12-2008, 03:52 PM
When NDSU and our coaches turn this around, can we all remind BisonNeil how negative he is and how he quit on this team.

Go to hell. Who said I quit? Keep drinking the kool aid, that's your choice, but you tell me how you explain the constant lack of execution and misques if it isn't coaching? This team has consistently failed in executing the fundamentals of blocking and tackling, so what is the reason? Oh yeah, right, the conference is so tough.

Some coaches admit when they are getting outcoached, as is happening at MI this year:

One of the noticeable differences in the current U-M coaching staff is the willingness to let their feelings be known publicly. It caught many off-guard Monday when Rich Rodriguez called his players "soft" in the Illinois game and was interesting once again Thursday when, defensive coordinator Scott Shafer said on the "Inside Michigan Football" show that he was "outcoached."

"When you look at the film it comes down to base fundamentals and techniques to be quite honest with you," he said. "Illinois did a nice job against us. They had some nice schemes and I got outcoached in my opinion. Then when you break it down and put it on a play to play level, their fundamentals were better than our fundamentals. They blocked us better than we shedded blocks. They ran through tackles better than we ran through making tackles. They, offensively, did a better job coaching than coach Shafer did. So we just got beat.

"The good news is we've got another week in front of us, that's the beauty of it, and we've got to learn lessons. We've got to learn lessons from week to week and we've got to be men about it. We've got to focus on one another, we've got to control the controllables which is ourselves and we look forward to the challenge and an improved week of practice."

As host Jim Brandstatter said to Rodriguez when the Shafer interview was concluded, there are no excuses with this staff.

http://www.freep.com/article/20081010/BLOG14/81010058

Bison101
10-12-2008, 04:03 PM
I totally agree with the fact that Brewster is better than Bohl right about NOW. I know we gave the jerk-off bad reviews last year, but he's certainly better than Glen Mason.

Coach Bohl-please don't be a worse coach than a guy who hadn't had a head-coaching job in his life!

BisonNeil
10-12-2008, 04:08 PM

And you Mr. Self-Righteous, did you or did you not write this last night?

Coaching staff...no fire.
Bohl...too much of a CEO.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14118&page=2

You wouldn't be just a tad two-faced, would you? Seems to me you too are questioning the coaching staff, but hey, that's just my opinion.

VanClubPres
10-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I hope no one hurts themselves jumping off the bandwagon. Makes more room for the rest of us.

Mr. Burgundy
10-12-2008, 07:52 PM
There is a difference between being real and being really negative. You sit back and wait for your chance to complain. It gets old. We get it, you don't like Bohl and the fact that we have no depth at quarterback.
I am not happy with Bohl and a few things either, but he doesn't miss blocks that cause a punt to be blocked and he doesn't drop passes. He has WON us alot of games over the years, and I refuse to forget that he put us back on the map. Other coaches are getting paid to coach too....and they really want to beat us. Sometimes you score 35 straight points against Lennon, sometimes the block a punt for a score....you can't win them all, but I won't quit on this team.

You never offer solutions, you just complain. I have a rule in business...don't bitch unless you have the answer.

VanClubPres
10-12-2008, 08:24 PM
There is a difference between being real and being really negative. You sit back and wait for your chance to complain. It gets old. We get it, you don't like Bohl and the fact that we have no depth at quarterback.
I am not happy with Bohl and a few things either, but he doesn't miss blocks that cause a punt to be blocked and he doesn't drop passes. He has WON us alot of games over the years, and I refuse to forget that he put us back on the map. Other coaches are getting paid to coach too....and they really want to beat us. Sometimes you score 35 straight points against Lennon, sometimes the block a punt for a score....you can't win them all, but I won't quit on this team.

You never offer solutions, you just complain. I have a rule in business...don't bitch unless you have the answer.

+++++++++++++++++++

*Bisonrube
10-12-2008, 08:40 PM
You can have Brewster!! You can use hind-sight to question play calling every game for every team.

BOHL is a great coach and has been one of the main reasons the Bison are on the Football Map.

We are Bison Fans...not Bandwagon Gopher fans.

Go BISON!!

rustywallace
10-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Maybe its all that money got to bohls head thinking hes a hot shot and doesnt need to try anymore cuz he has it made and thinks everyones in love with him.

i say decreas his salary maybe a bit and spread it around to his OC/DC coaches and maybe give them a lil more incentive...

TheDoctor
10-12-2008, 09:10 PM

Oh boy! I can't imagine the cuss words BisonNeils going to have for this reply! :rofl: ;)

BisonNeil
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM

There's the proverbial pot calling the kettle black. And besides saying getting rid of Bibeau your solutions to the problems you have pointed out have been what? Your solution to all of the missed blocking and tackling is what?

Thought so, that's the way it is with you pious jerks that think they have sole possession of the right to complain. Your sanctimonious crap is just that, bovine excrement.

The coaches are paid to find the solutions. Not you, not me.

NDSUguy
10-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Why bohl haters all of a sudden. Is it possible that our team is not as talented this year? Coach bohl is certainly coaching the same way that as he has been since he came to NDSU.

It's the players who are loosing the game...not the coaching staff.

NDSUguy
10-12-2008, 09:53 PM
We have lost more than one game this year in part because of poor kicking...

What does coach bohl have to do with bibeau and his inability to make an extra point or kick field goals.

NDSUguy
10-12-2008, 09:54 PM
also...brewsters team has not beaten ANYBODY. Their non-conference games were weak and their big10 wins are against mediocre teams.

THE GOPHERS HAVE OFFICIALLY ESTABLISHED THEMSELVES AS A MEDIOCRE BCS TEAM. CONGRATS COACH BREWSTER FOR BEING SUCH A POSITIVE COACHING INFLUENCE.

TheDoctor
10-12-2008, 09:55 PM
That's the way it is with you pious jerks that think they have sole possession of the right to complain. Your sanctimonious crap is just that, bovine excrement.

If you need any help Burgundy, try www.Dictionary.com :rofl: ;)

tjbison
10-12-2008, 09:58 PM
What sense does it make to compare Brewster to Bohl????? Different divisions, Different Leagues, different competiton it makes no sence:hide:

semobison
10-12-2008, 10:01 PM
I think coach Bohl is a damn good coach, but I didnt care for our offensive game plan yesterday. We knew we were going to run it on first down, they knew we were going to run it on first down, and they knew they were going to stop it on first down. To win in this league you have to keep the defense off balance. Poor game plan, coaches fault! Poor execution, players fault! We had a little of both!

semobison
10-12-2008, 10:05 PM
And, give Minnesota a little credit, Illinois was in the rose bowl last year! They beat a good team yesterday!

Mr. Burgundy
10-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks B1SON...that was classic!! I am still laughing.