PDA

View Full Version : Positives from the WIU Game

No_Skill
10-12-2008, 05:01 AM
#1 - Punt and kick coverage is much improved from the beginning of the year.

#2 - Prelvitz is looking good...Drago who? :D

#3 - McNorton looked great on his long kick return. Hopefully it can help build his confidence.

any I missed?

Jay
10-12-2008, 05:07 AM
#1 - Punt and kick coverage is much improved from the beginning of the year.

#3 - McNorton looked great on his long kick return. Hopefully it can help build his confidence.

any I missed?

The alcohol still tasted good even though it rained.

bisonmike2
10-12-2008, 05:30 AM
I clicked on this link expecting it to be blank. Well I'll put in my positive. This team now has extremely low expectations the rest of the year.

56BISON73
10-12-2008, 05:33 AM
The alcohol still tasted good even though it rained.

How bad was it???? PL

No_Skill
10-12-2008, 05:34 AM
How bad was it???? PL

The rain?...it only sprinkled

BigBison
10-12-2008, 06:25 AM
I thought Willams did good.

tjbison
10-12-2008, 06:45 AM
If you stay till the horn blows in the 4th qtr, you can leave the parking lot without a problem!:smh:

Mr. Burgundy
10-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Voitlander. Does he need to average 15 YPC to get more touches. The guy changes the game. He has something special. He has a nose for it. GET HIM THE BALL. That is my main positive. I like that kid.

Kicker. We are all now in agreement that he is brutal and we need a new one.

Parts of our younger D line. Some fun kids to watch in the future.

Preston Evans covering kicks. Love his passion and size. Still wish he was redshirting, but he has a great future.

Why do we not use our tight ends? Wait, this is a positive thread. I am waiting to use our 6 foot 7 inch Matt Veldman in the red zone. NOPE.

Punter. Doing a fantastic job. I think he is a sophomore and we have his backup on full scholarship....fun times. We could have let the Sioux have him, since he originally verballed to them.

rutlandbison
10-12-2008, 02:55 PM
The future looks bright with voit, johnson, boyer, evans, eaves, purcell, Halloway, veltman, richard, and many more

Bison101
10-12-2008, 04:01 PM

Well, excluding the BLOCKED PUNT FOR A TD!

IzzyFlexion
10-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Well, here's a positive for you: Tyler Jangula blocked well again, and again, and again, and again........but did he have any offensive touches to the actual goddamn football.................NO!!!!!! I've said this in the past and I'm going to keep saying all frickin' year and I really don't care if anyone gives me the same damn response that I've been getting ("HE'S A FULLBACK YOU IDIOT!!!!!HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE BALL") Bull sh**! Call his number once in awhile! All the kid does is make big plays when given the chance! And, he's an emotional player that has the ability to rev up both his teammates and the crowd. But, sadly, you don't often see players jumping around and summoning crowd response after you make a crushing block. (like he does all the damn time!)

Bison101
10-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Well, here's a positive for you: Tyler Jangula blocked well again, and again, and again, and again........but did he have any offensive touches to the actual goddamn football.................NO!!!!!! I've said this in the past and I'm going to keep saying all frickin' year and I really don't care if anyone gives me the same damn response that I've been getting ("HE'S A FULLBACK YOU IDIOT!!!!!HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE BALL") Bull sh**! Call his number once in awhile! All the kid does is make big plays when given the chance! And, he's an emotional player that has the ability to rev up both his teammates and the crowd. But, sadly, you don't often see players jumping around and summoning crowd response after you make a crushing block. (like he does all the damn time!)

I agree. Where is the naked bootleg that works EVERY TIME?

steelbison
10-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I agree. Where is the naked bootleg that works EVERY TIME?

They tried that play a couple of times and Western had it stopped could. They seemed to know all our plays before we ran them. Of course so did everyone else in the dome...

ndsubison1
10-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Finally McNorton doesn't dance and tries to look fancy... the kick return was very nice he just went right at the hole and found a seam... this kid has a lot of potential and we're going to be hearing a lot more from him in the future.

SlickVic
10-12-2008, 07:37 PM
how about jordan "showtime" shultenover? wow what a weapon i mean my oh my they need to dial up #21 more often he may be the most impressive athlete we have on the football team

NDSUstudent
10-12-2008, 07:40 PM
how about jordan "showtime" shultenover? wow what a weapon i mean my oh my they need to dial up #21 more often he may be the most impressive athlete we have on the football team

He should be starting next week opposite of Heck.

missingnumber7
10-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Kickoff coverage was great.

ndsubison1
10-12-2008, 07:43 PM
He should be starting next week opposite of Heck.

agreed, shulty can make plays

rutlandbison
10-12-2008, 09:12 PM
agreed, shulty can make plays

Yes, Yes, Yes, YES!!

A1pigskin
10-13-2008, 02:01 AM
Lot's of ditto's here... I was really impressed how McNorton improved. Voihtlander has improved to. Two great up and coming players.

bisoneer
10-13-2008, 03:44 AM
My thoughts on this is that the punt formation is much different than normal, there are 3 blockers in front of the punter instead of 1, this gives the defenders a running start and they blast against these 3 blockers and if one gives, watchout, you have a blocked punt on your hands. That play was a real game breaker for them, they held us to a 3 & out on the first possession of the 2nd half then block the punt and get 7, whoa, that is tough.

Also, their D was very quick and very strong, their #35 raised caine with our offense all day, he must be an all conf. from last year, if not he will be this year. And McDonald is very steady, nothing fantastic but very steady and his huge line (300+) made holes and held blocks to spring him loose for nearly 150 yds.

To win out, we have to get our run game going better than it is, we need 3 or 4 yards on 1st down to take the pressure off of Mert. He was rushed and sacked way too much in this game. Take away the blocked punt and we win by 4 which is how it should have gone.

UTH
10-13-2008, 04:09 AM

Easy fix - an assignment was missed, from what I saw. Just don't miss it again in the future and it'll be OK. It did turn out to be the play of the game, in my opinion.

SlickVic
10-13-2008, 06:14 AM
G-will looked pretty slick out there as well

TransAmBison
10-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Positives? Well, we're still undefeated tailgating! :nod:

No_Skill
10-13-2008, 01:25 PM
You put that blocked punt on the punter and not the line????? :confused:

NDSUFan_Sav
10-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Positives? Well, we're still undefeated tailgating! :nod:

My liver is still there as well so.... :cheers: :cheers: