PDA

View Full Version : Bison Don't want it.

IBleedYellow
10-12-2008, 02:40 AM
This Bison team has strength. This Bison team has good coaches. This Bison team has fans. This Bison team has talent. What this Bison team lacks, is that will to win. That push and intensity to say "Lets go out there and kick this teams ass for a full 60 minutes!"

This Bison team, Doesn't want that win hard enough. This Bison team isn't willing to work.

mebisonII
10-12-2008, 02:45 AM
Well, glad someone figured that out. Fix that up, now, will ya?

:p

99Bison
10-12-2008, 03:19 AM
This Bison team has strength. This Bison team has good coaches. This Bison team has fans. This Bison team has talent. What this Bison team lacks, is that will to win. That push and intensity to say "Lets go out there and kick this teams ass for a full 60 minutes!"

This Bison team, Doesn't want that win hard enough. This Bison team isn't willing to work.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

94 Bison
10-12-2008, 01:09 PM

Would you say that to Roehls face?

rutlandbison
10-12-2008, 02:48 PM

i would assume not

gt_bison
10-12-2008, 03:11 PM
This Bison team has fans.

Really? Fooled me yesterday, then. My first trip back for a Bison game, and I'm treated to a group of people, many of whom I would hardly call fans. There are many diehards here and probably a good number who aren't on Bisonville, but I'm thinking that we've got way too many fair weather fans. I came to the table a little bit late, but I think it took the experience of big-time college football in the southeast to realize what it's all about. I don't care how many points your team is up by or down by, if you're a true fan, you should (generally) be there cheering until the end. Let's not bicker about things outside that might make you miss a game or have to leave early, as people have families and other things that come up from time to time and must take priority. By and large, however, fans need to be there as much as possible and until the bitter end. Yesterday, I got a clear picture that Fargo citizens and NDSU alumni just don't get that. 10-1 seasons don't happen every year. In this conference, playoff trips won't happen every year. However, the way you get the team through those off years is by being there, cheering them on, and showing you believe in the team and its future. We need to be as excited about Bison games if the team is 2-7 as if its 7-2. I'm just a poor grad student, but you know what yesterday's performance made me want to do? Send Gene Taylor a check (albeit not huge) in support of Bison athletics, because thick or thin, this is our program, and I'm going to support it. Once I get back to the ATL and have my checkbook, that will be what happens.

OK, I think that's enough ranting for this morning. I think I need a dose of fair weather Georgia Tech fans trying to explain how Paul Johnson's offense was exposed yesterday in beating Gardner-Webb 10-7 with our third string QB, who's a drop back passer and not an option QB, playing due to injuries. Should help brighten my mood, or something.

steelbison
10-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Really? Fooled me yesterday, then. My first trip back for a Bison game, and I'm treated to a group of people, many of whom I would hardly call fans. There are many diehards here and probably a good number who aren't on Bisonville, but I'm thinking that we've got way too many fair weather fans. I came to the table a little bit late, but I think it took the experience of big-time college football in the southeast to realize what it's all about. I don't care how many points your team is up by or down by, if you're a true fan, you should (generally) be there cheering until the end. Let's not bicker about things outside that might make you miss a game or have to leave early, as people have families and other things that come up from time to time and must take priority. By and large, however, fans need to be there as much as possible and until the bitter end. Yesterday, I got a clear picture that Fargo citizens and NDSU alumni just don't get that. 10-1 seasons don't happen every year. In this conference, playoff trips won't happen every year. However, the way you get the team through those off years is by being there, cheering them on, and showing you believe in the team and its future. We need to be as excited about Bison games if the team is 2-7 as if its 7-2. I'm just a poor grad student, but you know what yesterday's performance made me want to do? Send Gene Taylor a check (albeit not huge) in support of Bison athletics, because thick or thin, this is our program, and I'm going to support it. Once I get back to the ATL and have my checkbook, that will be what happens.

OK, I think that's enough ranting for this morning. I think I need a dose of fair weather Georgia Tech fans trying to explain how Paul Johnson's offense was exposed yesterday in beating Gardner-Webb 10-7 with our third string QB, who's a drop back passer and not an option QB, playing due to injuries. Should help brighten my mood, or something.

Really, just as excited if we are 2-7 or 7-2. What fantasy land do you live in??? There is no team program/fans that react the same in losing seasons or winning seasons anywhere... Of course people get more excited during good years. If you have a young team that is improving that is different than a team with most starters back underacheiving. So it does depend on the situation. This team is playing way below the level it should be for a number of reasons.

Fans are upset and have every reason to be. That would be the case anywhere!! How do you think MIchigan fans are acting this year??? Just like they would be if they were 6-1....no..

IBleedYellow
10-12-2008, 05:48 PM
i would assume not

Honestly, who would want to tell any of the players this? But it is totally true. That will is NOT there in this team. The talent is there, though.

missingnumber7
10-12-2008, 07:51 PM
How do you start a game with not one but 2 false starts? They weren't ready coming out of the blocks, and thats back to back games. And is 3 going back to youngstown. I can guarentee that UNI will come out firing to start the game this week. I hope that the CAPTAINS have the players ready to go, because it definately isn't a coach thing.

TCBisonFan
10-12-2008, 09:36 PM

I think that is alot of crap! These boys work there tails off each week preparing themselves for each game and not to mention the time they spend in the offseason. They want that win more than you would believe, to say something like that is ridiculous. Look the competition is tough this year, that's no excuse for the record because we should still be better but honestly to say they lack the heart to win the game is sad. I have to disagree with you on this one.

A1pigskin
10-13-2008, 01:35 AM
Their heads do seem to be hanging low. There are a select few that go out there and play there ass off. But to win, the entire team needs to play well.

Look at the vikings. They have a great running back but keep losing.

Look at Dan Marino, he was a great QB but the rest of the team sucked.

Our team is lacking something. Is it leadership? Are they pissed off at each other? They're not working as a unit. Has this winning thing gone to their heads and now can't win? Lot's and lot's of questions.

Does it seem we are at half speed? Are our guys getting lazy? I know they practice their ass off, but make it worthwhile and win.

WestDakotaBison
10-13-2008, 01:41 AM
I think you're a little off on this one. I think the will to win is there, you don't play the game not to win. The problem is we are not putting ourselves in a position to win. Whether it be penalties, play-calling, poor kicking, poor passing, dropped passes, etc...combine all of these, which we are more than guilty of, and you are not going to be in a position at the end of the game to win. We were very fortunate yesterday to even have a shot at a game winning drive. We need to work on our fundamentals and get back to the basics. I saw a team who just isn't putting it all together but they never gave up.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-13-2008, 07:33 AM

I wouldn't say it to his face....but I would ask him if he can do something during practice or in the locker room to get the others wanting to get out there and bust their ass...he's a hell of a leader, but there is something wrong, in youngstown and wyoming game he was on the sideline trying to get the guys pumped up but they didn't seem to respond to any of it.

Former Hitman
10-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I think I have a pretty perspective on this issue...The team is lacking vocal/playmaking leaders. When I played, we always had one or two individuals who would take charge in their respective position. A person who would grab another player's face mask and let him be known he's not playing up to snuff. That's what we are missing.

Shoot, I remember multiple times when a O-linemen will be yelling at our head coach, telling to run right behind him!! Put the weight on his shoulders!

A corner, telling the opposing head coach to challenge him on a 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 with less than 10 seconds left in the game for the go ahead win!

A linebacker yelling at our star runningback to get his butt back in the game since he was babying his ankle...

I am not one who will question the play calling since that's not my experience, but I will questions the players sense of urgency and leadership.

Yes, Roehl is a good leader, but I didn't seem him coming over the to D-side or taking control last game?

That loss, ripped my heart out, and I put it on the players, which I had mentioned to them.

Bisonfan1
10-13-2008, 05:01 PM
I think I have a pretty perspective on this issue...The team is lacking vocal/playmaking leaders. When I played, we always had one or two individuals who would take charge in their respective position. A person who would grab another player's face mask and let him be known he's not playing up to snuff. That's what we are missing.

Shoot, I remember multiple times when a O-linemen will be yelling at our head coach, telling to run right behind him!! Put the weight on his shoulders!

A corner, telling the opposing head coach to challenge him on a 3rd and 2 and 4th and 2 with less than 10 seconds left in the game for the go ahead win!

A linebacker yelling at our star runningback to get his butt back in the game since he was babying his ankle...

I am not one who will question the play calling since that's not my experience, but I will questions the players sense of urgency and leadership.

Yes, Roehl is a good leader, but I didn't seem him coming over the to D-side or taking control last game?

That loss, ripped my heart out, and I put it on the players, which I had mentioned to them.

Good post, agree on all points, but I for one am questioning the play calling. Loss also ripped my heart out, I was the moron sitting all by myself in section 21 for about 5 minutes after the game ended. Just could not believe what I had witnessed and think I was in shock.