PDA

View Full Version : Field Goals the last three games

A1pigskin
10-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Our field goals the last three games have been so substandard should tryouts be held? An extra point was missed today, along with other field goals. These are critical points.

Last week three were missed. What the hell is going on? We need someone we can depend on. I understand if a few 3 pointers are missed for the season, but.......... every game.:banghead: :banghead: :ranting: :ranting:

Kevin
10-12-2008, 12:56 AM
The kick offs for the most part have been below average as well.

Can't our punter kick off, at least?

4mcruenomore
10-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Do kickers get scholarships now a days??

56BISON73
10-12-2008, 01:31 AM
Do kickers get scholarships now a days??

Good ones do. But I think alot of school want them to walk on and then earn a scholly. IMO they win games and you need to recruit one. PL

4mcruenomore
10-12-2008, 01:33 AM
We've had crappy kicking for years, I mean years. Watch the '90 championship game. We need a soccer kicker, can't one of the soccer guys cross over???? Thats how we did it at NERSM.

BisoninNWMN
10-12-2008, 01:41 AM
WTF......WIU's kicker consistently put the ball in the end zone. Bibeau can barely get it to the 10.

I posted earlier in the year that the punt formation was going to bite us in the ass and.....well....it cost us the game:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

d3boys
10-12-2008, 02:17 AM
our kicker is on scholorship
right out of high school

4mcruenomore
10-12-2008, 02:22 AM
I don't care we lost by more than 1, cut him or kick his A**, he sucks right now.

stevdock
10-12-2008, 02:35 AM
WTF......WIU's kicker consistently put the ball in the end zone. Bibeau can barely get it to the 10.

I posted earlier in the year that the punt formation was going to bite us in the ass and.....well....it cost us the game:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That punt was blocked due to a missed block. Whether you do that on the line of scrimmage or in the backfield is normally going to end up with a blocked punt. In my opinion the formation had very little to do with the blocked punt.

Give Bibeau a hard time if you want but I thought because of our kick coverage today that the Kickoff team did a fine job today, which does include Bibeau. I'm guessing the average start on kickoffs was around the 30 today. I would think that any team would take that.

The FG's/XP's though are another story and I wish I knew the answer to that.

Thunder_Struck
10-12-2008, 02:40 AM
On a positive note, we probably won the field position battle today!

chuckles
10-12-2008, 02:41 AM

yet he comes out towards the end of halftime and is nailing 40-45 yarders.......WTF!

56BISON73
10-12-2008, 02:46 AM
That punt was blocked due to a missed block. Whether you do that on the line of scrimmage or in the backfield is normally going to end up with a blocked punt. In my opinion the formation had very little to do with the blocked punt.

Give Bibeau a hard time if you want but I thought because of our kick coverage today that the Kickoff team did a fine job today, which does include Bibeau. I'm guessing the average start on kickoffs was around the 30 today. I would think that any team would take that.

The FG's/XP's though are another story and I wish I knew the answer to that.

Giving the team field position at the 30
is not good. The 20 is acceptable.
What I dont get is at times he kicks the ball into the end zone. Other times they are fielding the ball on the 20. Hey there isnt any wind in the dome that I know of. PL

stevdock
10-12-2008, 03:15 AM
What I dont get is at times he kicks the ball into the end zone. Other times they are fielding the ball on the 20. Hey there isnt any wind in the dome that I know of. PL

Name one team in all of football that keeps their opponents inside the 20 on kickoffs. There is not one team that I know of. Even as good as WIU's kicker was our average was probably around the 35/40 yard line.

I agree with much of what you post on here, but this time I think you're a bit out of touch here. The have consistently been moving kickoffs back and since then it is next to impossible to keep a good Kickoff returner inside the 30 yard line.

Mr. Burgundy
10-12-2008, 03:18 AM
Start recruiting now. He is a junior and NOT cutting it. Seriously. A PAT??? Come on. He has been brutal. I think they should remove his scholarship and allow for an open competition next year. He has not improved in 3 years. This is D1 athletics. He should be happy with 3 years of a free education. I could be wrong, but I think we have 2 scholarships into punters right now and one on a kicker. Fun.

56BISON73
10-12-2008, 03:20 AM
Name one team in all of football that keeps their opponents inside the 20 on kickoffs. There is not one team that I know of. Even as good as WIU's kicker was our average was probably around the 35/40 yard line.

I agree with much of what you post on here, but this time I think you're a bit out of touch here. The have consistently been moving kickoffs back and since then it is next to impossible to keep a good Kickoff returner inside the 30 yard line.

I watched abunch of football on TV today and there were more returns to the 20 and 25 than the 30 IMO. Even kicking the ball to the goal line they dont usually get past the 20 unless the runner breaks a few tackles. Heck if they are going to let the runner get to the 30 or 35 they may as well just squib kick it. PL

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-12-2008, 03:35 AM
For my halloween costume this year, I'm going to dress up as Bibeau with a garden hose dangling out of my right pant leg. :D

Sorry, I stole that from Common.

NDSU1980
10-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Start recruiting now. He is a junior and NOT cutting it. Seriously. A PAT??? Come on. He has been brutal. I think they should remove his scholarship and allow for an open competition next year. He has not improved in 3 years. This is D1 athletics. He should be happy with 3 years of a free education. I could be wrong, but I think we have 2 scholarships into punters right now and one on a kicker. Fun.

I agree whole heartedly. Bibeau is the one guy I have no faith in at all.

Jay
10-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Any punt/pass/kick champs? This would solve a lot of our headaches.

No_Skill
10-12-2008, 05:26 AM
We've had crappy kicking for years, I mean years. Watch the '90 championship game. We need a soccer kicker, can't one of the soccer guys cross over???? Thats how we did it at NERSM.

Crappy kicking for years? I thought Pederson was pretty good.

FIELD GOAL ATTEMPTS
Career: 63, Aaron Pederson (42 made), 1998-01

He doesn't have the record for longest made, but I'm pretter sure I saw him hit a 50+ yrd field goal in the dome.

EXTRA POINT KICK ATTEMPTS

Career: 182, Aaron Pederson (178 made),1998-01

LEADING SCORERS

Year Player TD PAT-1 PAT-2 FG Pts

2007 Tyler Roehl 21 0 0 0 126
2006 Shawn Bibeau 0 44 0 16 92
2005 Kyle Steffes 14 0 0 0 84
2004 Kyle Steffes 13 0 0 0 78
2003 Rod Malone 18 0 0 0 108
2002 Cory Vartanian 0 21 0 8 45
2001 Lamar Gordon 11 0 0 0 66
2000 Lamar Gordon 23 0 0 0 138
1999 Lamar Gordon 22 0 0 0 132
1998 Aaron Pederson 0 41 0 11 74

Oh yeah...he did double duty

TOP FIVE CAREER PUNTERS
Name No. Yds. Avg.*
1. Mike Dragosavich, 2004- 158 7,025 44.46
2. Aaron Pederson, 1998-01 175 7,318 41.8
3. John Bonicelli, 2002-03 103 4,204 40.8
4. John Torrance, 1994-97 150 6,043 40.3
5. Doug Schlosser, 1979-81 149 5,885 39.5

UTH
10-12-2008, 05:34 AM

Brings a couple movies to mind...

UTH
10-12-2008, 05:45 AM

Had you personally been there / done that today, you might actually know what you're talking about. For many aspects of today's game, the team blew on one side and sucked when on the other. Atmospheric conditions on the field varied drastically and it DID obviously affect the outcome of the game. That pick that ended the last drive? You guessed it. The field goal that barely made it over the bar? Yepper - you got it. The missed extra point? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: is all I have to say.

*it was worse than kitty litter:hide:

56BISON73
10-12-2008, 05:55 AM
Had you personally been there / done that today, you might actually know what you're talking about. For many aspects of today's game, the team blew on one side and sucked when on the other. Atmospheric conditions on the field varied drastically and it DID obviously affect the outcome of the game. That pick that ended the last drive? You guessed it. The field goal that barely made it over the bar? Yepper - you got it. The missed extra point? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: is all I have to say.

*it was worse than kitty litter:hide:

Who would have guessed that the dome has "wind gnomes" LOL
Obviously good ones and bad as well.:D PL

BisoninNWMN
10-12-2008, 11:12 AM

That missed x-point really hurt.....along with that blocked punt for a td.

Special teams is a definite weak spot right now

BisonFB
10-12-2008, 11:35 AM
I think the k/p positions are very much undervalued...there isn't really such a thing as a kicking coach and yet these positions can win or lose games for us!

I do want to mention/remind about the Austin P game...Bibeau saved us from a couple touchdowns on the return...he was the last man to get through and he caught them & got the tackles...I think he could be great if he could get some more coaching....but I suppose there isn't a budget for that.

BigBison
10-12-2008, 11:38 AM
That blocked punt totally killed us! That was the biggest mistake of the game. How in the hell does one guy run though three of our blockers!

BisonFB
10-12-2008, 12:26 PM
That blocked punt totally killed us! That was the biggest mistake of the game. How in the hell does one guy run though three of our blockers!

Yeah, that was ugly!

There were minimum 100 different things that could've changed the outcome of this game.

02Bison
10-12-2008, 01:14 PM

I would have to say that Aaron Pederson in the late 90's early 00's wasn't a crappy kicker.

IzzyFlexion
10-12-2008, 01:49 PM

I think that 40 yard line placement after a kickoff out of bounds penalty takes into account that the average field postition is likely the 25 or 30 yard line. So, tacking on 10 or so (to "penalize" the kicking team places the ball at the 40). That's the rationale I've always used.

BisoninNWMN
10-12-2008, 01:55 PM
I think the k/p positions are very much undervalued...there isn't really such a thing as a kicking coach and yet these positions can win or lose games for us!

I do want to mention/remind about the Austin P game...Bibeau saved us from a couple touchdowns on the return...he was the last man to get through and he caught them & got the tackles...I think he could be great if he could get some more coaching....but I suppose there isn't a budget for that.

Ya, he should make those tackles......should also make 2 x-points and 3 makeable fgs

A1pigskin
10-12-2008, 03:02 PM
The missed extra point is unexcuseable. That kick was so botched it was down right embarassing.

If there would have been a 50 mph wind gust from West he probably would have made it. That's how screwed up that kick was. Frustrating!!!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

WYOBISONMAN
10-12-2008, 03:08 PM

I am with Burgundy on this one. That kicking game puts us with out back against the wall. It is just one of several things that have the Bison in some deep trouble.

BisonNeil
10-12-2008, 03:21 PM

You're kidding, right? Bibeau takes the shot as the one guy you have no faith in?

How about Belquist? I think he has officially dropped more passes then he has caught.

Merten's? Despite what Lakes says, he's not getting it done and the play calling is so conservative as a result.

Foster, Septak, Ebel? Our OL sucks, in a word, but you have faith in them? Even though they open no holes and allow sacks and QB pressure with only rushing three down linemen?

Henry? Our MLB has 23 tackles in the four games he has started. That is less than 6 tackles a game, at a position where all the activity is funneled. Only 7 solo tackles in four games. You have faith in him?

Safeties, take your pick. Blown coverages every game and missed tackles when the RB gets to the second level, which is often. You have faith in them?

Fairbairn? Is he still playing, or did he go back to Chicago? When your nosepeg gets pushed around, it a long day, and he has not been up to the challenge this year.

The point is I think this team has far greater problems than Bibeau. He's not even a blip on my radar screen.

steelbison
10-12-2008, 03:38 PM
You're kidding, right? Bibeau takes the shot as the one guy you have no faith in?

How about Belquist? I think he has officially dropped more passes then he has caught.

Merten's? Despite what Lakes says, he's not getting it done and the play calling is so conservative as a result.

Foster, Septak, Ebel? Our OL sucks, in a word, but you have faith in them? Even though they open no holes and allow sacks and QB pressure with only rushing three down linemen?

Henry? Our MLB has 23 tackles in the four games he has started. That is less than 6 tackles a game, at a position where all the activity is funneled. Only 7 solo tackles in four games. You have faith in him?

Safeties, take your pick. Blown coverages every game and missed tackles when the RB gets to the second level, which is often. You have faith in them?

Fairbairn? Is he still playing, or did he go back to Chicago? When your nosepeg gets pushed around, it a long day, and he has not been up to the challenge this year.

The point is I think this team has far greater problems than Bibeau. He's not even a blip on my radar screen.

Bison Neil, you took the words out of my mouth. The o-line has been a joke!!! I think personally the coaching staff has been way too conservative on offense. But when your o-line is underperfoming and your qback is still learning that is not a good combination. But you still have to play to win..were playing not to lose and you can't win football games that way. At any level!!

Let's not even get started with the defense. so inconsistant. Make two good plays..let a guy run for 30.

BisonNeil
10-12-2008, 04:01 PM

Geez, why so negative on the kicker? He kept us in the WY game and YSU.

Bibeau is not the problem. Take the blinders off, you'll be able to see more of the game that way.

X-Factor
10-12-2008, 04:44 PM

He has to first run the correct route to even get a chance to catch the ball. Shultenover is clearly the better WR and needs to be in the game more. I still can't believe Belquist dropped that easy pass for the 1st down.

Mr. Burgundy
10-12-2008, 04:55 PM
BisonNeil, you are right. Our kicker should get a free pass for being brutal since there are largers problems. Read some of my other posts.....I think we look horrible right now and some changes need to be made. I have been critical of the line, I have BLOWN UP Belquist for not making the play that would have taken momentum...etc. Our kicker has not improved and causes us to coach differently to avoid having to use him. NO CONFIDENCE fromt he coaching staff in him....nor should there be. It is an extra point! That POINT was critical in how the rest of the game was played and coached. Go find a new kicker.

NDSU1980
10-12-2008, 05:02 PM

Yes, those guys have had bad games at times, but Bibeau has had problems over the last 3 seasons. I'm with Burgundy on this, find a replacement for him.

NDSUstudent
10-12-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm still angry with how the coaches have used Mertens, it just ridiculous. Give the guy a chance to do something and demote Belquist. The guy has had two very critical drops and the one yesterday was just brutal. Time to send a message to the seniors that they aren't getting it done.

BisoninNWMN
10-12-2008, 05:26 PM
BisonNeil, you are right. Our kicker should get a free pass for being brutal since there are largers problems. Read some of my other posts.....I think we look horrible right now and some changes need to be made. I have been critical of the line, I have BLOWN UP Belquist for not making the play that would have taken momentum...etc. Our kicker has not improved and causes us to coach differently to avoid having to use him. NO CONFIDENCE fromt he coaching staff in him....nor should there be. It is an extra point! That POINT was critical in how the rest of the game was played and coached. Go find a new kicker.

Bullsh**.....Burgundy you are right. Bibeau's piss-poor kicking has caused the coaches to play the game differently. That x-point miss was huge...not to mention his 3 missed FGs last week. WIU's kicker consistently put the ball in the end-zone for kick-offs for a start on the 20. That is a huge advantage for any team.....Bibeau can barely get it to the 10...a lot of times to the 15.

Many problems.....play younger guys if they can get the job done. Boyer and Johnson played good yesterday....keep them in, they are better than Compton.

MAKBison
10-12-2008, 06:00 PM
I am not even sure I should even mention this:hide: While warming up durring the game one of our kickers/punters missed the ball catch net altogether...sent the ball into the stands.

aces1180
10-12-2008, 06:07 PM
I am not even sure I should even mention this:hide: While warming up durring the game one of our kickers/punters missed the ball catch net altogether...sent the ball into the stands.

That was Bibeau and it happened more than once right in front of me.

AJ
10-12-2008, 06:15 PM

Actually our weakside LB and Strong safety make a lot of our plays. That's the way it's supposed to happen. Joe Mays was just that good. We don't send a MLB to the NFL every year.

TCBisonFan
10-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Open it up to a competition. Bibeau may win but we have other guys who need a chance now. Obarski kicked in the Spring game when Bibeau was hurt not great on kickoffs but he made his kicks that day. Looking at roster bios I saw nothing that would hint at Prelvitz being able to kick PAT/FG's. But the other Obarski (freshman) he kicked for 3 years in high school according to his bio with some good numbers.

The blocked punt I would blame on the 3 man front I'm still unsure about letting the pressure get to that point I think I like the more traditional punt formation.

I was finally able to come to a game and I was a little dissapointed in some areas more then just this subject.

Jay
10-12-2008, 10:19 PM
At this point in the season, you do not pull the red shirt off of Obarski. No point.

56BISON73
10-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Whos the chubby guy that is out there kicking PATs and FGs??? PL

Mr. Burgundy
10-12-2008, 11:53 PM
PL, that is Obarski....but not the Obarski that is the backup punter. They are brothers and both backups. He did a good job in the spring game if I remember correctly.

A1pigskin
10-13-2008, 12:13 AM
PL, that is Obarski....but not the Obarski that is the backup punter. They are brothers and both backups. He did a good job in the spring game if I remember correctly.

Didn't know they were brothers.

56BISON73
10-13-2008, 01:11 AM

Mr Burgandy
I always try to get into the game early and watch the warm ups and that kid seen to have a pretty good leg. Was wondering why they arent giving him a shot. ???PL

A1pigskin
10-13-2008, 01:24 AM
Lot's of truth here with many of the comments. This team has many issues to iron out. But let's face it, field goals win games. Missing several in one game, you guessed it, you lose.

Dropped passes is another issue. We are f@&%&^g up so much in every position. Our opponents seem to have our playbook. But it's very easy to understand when you run the same six plays the entire game.

Back to this field goal issue. I like the idea of having our soccer players tryout. Why not? What do we have to lose? Field goals are not being made now.

I hope he pulls through the rest of the season. If not, it's going to be a long one.

roadwarrior
10-13-2008, 12:30 PM
I like the idea of having our soccer players tryout. Why not?

Women on the football team ????????

NDSUFan_Sav
10-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Women on the football team ????????

If they can make field goals why the hell not.

I mean seriously, every time he's about to attempt a 30+ field goal I use to think 3 points better then nothing, well now its to the point i'm not saying that and worried he'll have it blocked or miss it wide right/left. He hasn't proven anything to me this year that he's reliable and if he has proven he's reliable to anyone else, you might need to go to the eye doctor and get those eyes checked because he's missed WAY to many...especially Extra Point conversions....WHAT THE HELL?

Herd Mentality
10-13-2008, 05:13 PM
The only thing that had me worried was that two thoughts came to mind about the kicking game on Saturday...and I found out later I wasn't the only one.

1) I was hoping that WIU would make that last field goal so it would force us to win with a touchdown.

2) Who was that kicking extra points...Kyle Kelly? (I don't think I could live through that again)

A1pigskin
10-13-2008, 05:56 PM
We really need a dependable Field Goal kicker.

Are there kicking camps for High School players?

GradBison
10-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Ok, I'm going to pile on Bibeau but he needs to go. He lost us the Minnesota game in 06. He almost cost us the Minnesota game last year. He chokes big time. His gets off more bad kickoffs than good ones. His kicking game hasn't improved since 06.

bisonmike2
10-13-2008, 07:17 PM
If they can make field goals why the hell not.

I mean seriously, every time he's about to attempt a 30+ field goal I use to think 3 points better then nothing, well now its to the point i'm not saying that and worried he'll have it blocked or miss it wide right/left. He hasn't proven anything to me this year that he's reliable and if he has proven he's reliable to anyone else, you might need to go to the eye doctor and get those eyes checked because he's missed WAY to many...especially Extra Point conversions....WHAT THE HELL?

Women in football. I'm for it. Worked for these guys.

http://www.wcfcourier.com/blogs/beaton/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/200px-Necessary_roughness_movie.jpg

02Bison
10-14-2008, 11:33 PM
I think they need to go back to a more traditional lineup in the punt and kick block protections. Despite what the coaches say about this new formation being statisically better in regard to preventing blocked kicks, I don't think it works for the Bison of present.

rutlandbison
10-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Ok, I'm going to pile on Bibeau but he needs to go. He lost us the Minnesota game in 06. He almost cost us the Minnesota game last year. He chokes big time. His gets off more bad kickoffs than good ones. His kicking game hasn't improved since 06.

IT WAS BLOCKED!!! kid has been pretty solid the past 2 years, he will be fine.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Women in football. I'm for it. Worked for these guys.

http://www.wcfcourier.com/blogs/beaton/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/200px-Necessary_roughness_movie.jpg

hahaha thanks mike

lcbison
10-15-2008, 01:41 AM

the kick was blocked because it was barely over the linemans head.

bisonbrody9
10-15-2008, 01:42 AM
Maybe we should dig out one of those old square toed kicking shoes so that someone can just toe it through. haha! That would be bad

TransAmBison
10-15-2008, 01:50 AM
Pretty solid? You really grade on a curve don't you? He misses a lot. Expectations should be higher now that he has played for three years. He still kicks like a freshman.

UTH
10-15-2008, 02:00 AM
the kick was blocked because it was barely over the linemans head.

I remember hearing someone joking about how he was going to give a lineman a concussion.

*good thing that's the only time I remember them consistently being that flipping low:hide:

BisoninNWMN
10-15-2008, 10:51 AM

Pretty solid??????

Check his stats......pretty solid was the Jacks kicker that graduated last year....not Bibeau!!!!!!!

NorthernBison
10-15-2008, 12:22 PM

You're talking about the final kick. What about the chippy that was blocked by the upright? It was early in the second half.

Sorry, he needs to get more reliable on field goals. He has been reliable on PAT's with the exception of last week.

G-city Bison Fan
10-15-2008, 01:44 PM
I think when we have to consider "reliable on PAT's" as a measure of success we might be in trouble.

rutlandbison
10-15-2008, 02:58 PM
So give me a name of a kicker who hasn't missed a PAT or a field (or 3) got a field goal or PAT blocked. Are we critical now because these were big games he missed them in?

GradBison
10-15-2008, 03:08 PM
You're talking about the final kick. What about the chippy that was blocked by the upright? It was early in the second half.

Sorry, he needs to get more reliable on field goals. He has been reliable on PAT's with the exception of last week.

Thank you. I wasn't only talking about the final kick in the 06 gophers game, he missed a 23 yarder in the 3rd quarter.

GradBison
10-15-2008, 03:11 PM
So give me a name of a kicker who hasn't missed a PAT or a field (or 3) got a field goal or PAT blocked. Are we critical now because these were big games he missed them in?

Look, he missed THREE field goals in the SIU game, by my count that's all the tries. Then missed PAT in the WIU game the week after. That's not typical for a good or even average kicker.

NorthernBison
10-15-2008, 03:17 PM

That is exactly the point. Nobody cares if a kicker misses a PAT or makeable field goal in a blow out. It becomes glaringly obvious in close games. That's where they cement their legacy.

The missed PAT on Saturday wasn't what ultimately decided the game but it changed the strategy a great deal. If he makes it, we kick to tie the game at 24 instead of going for 2.

Question for you, Would we run our kicker out for a 54 yard try? I think not.
WIU did and it basically salted things away for them. I want us to get there. I would prefer if Shawn could be the guy and I hope hecan be. Right now, he's not there.

TransAmBison
10-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah, kickers are going to miss some. He misses a lot. He may be a great person, but the boy just doesn't cut it.

Bisonfan1
10-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Something is definetely off kilter here, I have not been studying as close as i should when the kicker has been on the field for what SHOULD be sure points. Do we have a differant holder than last year ? (I dont know) Did he alter his kicking style somewhat this year ? ( I dont know) Did he slack off on the off season conditioning ( I dont know) Sometimes it takes someone with experience to come in and evalaute what has changed/what is going wrong. The Vikings brought back in Jan Stenarud to help with their lack luster kicking one year and it greatly improved ( dont torch me, just an example) I know the father of a current major league baseball player who was a pitching stud in his younger days, come assist with a team's pitching and it was GREATLY improved after only a few practices. In other words what have the Bison done to improve our kicker or determine what is wrong here, or have they brought someone in from the outside to take a look ? ( I dont know)

Doesnt Phil Hanson assist with the lineman on occasion ? Someone please volunteer to look at our kicking game, and get it back on track.

4mcruenomore
10-16-2008, 04:59 AM
As with anyother position, and I'm not trying to be harsh. You AIN'T a starter anymore, demote the kid. JESUS.

NDSU1980
10-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Remember when Tony Straus couldn't get the job done at QB? He got parked and Steve Walker started a legend. Sometimes you have to yank the underachievers and give someone else a chance.

aces1180
10-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Remember when Tony Straus couldn't get the job done at QB? He got parked and Steve Walker started a legend. Sometimes you have to yank the underachievers and give someone else a chance.

I could see the same thing possibly happening next season...If we struggle, let's see what Jose can do.

99Bison
10-16-2008, 01:39 PM

To bad the season was over before he got that chance... Would have been nice to see it earlier in the year.

bisonmike2
10-16-2008, 02:17 PM

That's a good point. Any other position playing this inconsisitant would have been replaced by now. Do we even have any other options at kicker?

99Bison
10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
That's a good point. Any other position playing this inconsisitant would have been replaced by now. Do we even have any other options at kicker?

Like QB, redshirted.

Civil06
10-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Like QB, redshirted.

Not true. There is a punter redshirting - Jason Obarski. His brother, John Obarski, is the backup kicker and is a junior.

99Bison
10-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Not true. There is a punter redshirting - Jason Obarski. His brother, John Obarski, is the backup kicker and is a junior.

Sorry, but actually didn't consider that a viable option...

Civil06
10-16-2008, 04:28 PM

So who is the kicker that is redshirting???

99Bison
10-16-2008, 04:32 PM
So who is the kicker that is redshirting???

There isn't one, thought there was. Perhaps got it confused with recruiting...

TCBisonFan
10-16-2008, 11:43 PM
There isn't one, thought there was. Perhaps got it confused with recruiting...

Jason Obarski (redshirt freshman), he is listed in the program as K/P but on gobison as just a punter. Link shows he can do both.

Quick google search link.

http://www.kicking.com/members/view.asp?id=avobar08

AVBisonFan
10-16-2008, 11:50 PM

Why wouldn't you consider Obarski a viable option I have been watching him since high school and he is a very capable kicker, his true freshman year at Crookston he made 6-7 field goals and in high school was the top kicker in the lake conference his final 3 years in high school, was talking to his coaches a few years ago and they said that he made something like 85% of his field goals in high school

Kicking is a tradition for these guys first John, then Jason, and now there is a younger brother who is kicking for AV as a sophomore, why not give the kid a shot

BisonFan33
10-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Saw John kick at half time....didn't look to bad to me at all. At least he was making them! I think we have a better chance with him then we do our current one. I say pull him until he can get his stuff together and give John a chance

McBison
10-17-2008, 03:19 AM
Saw John kick at half time....didn't look to bad to me at all. At least he was making them! I think we have a better chance with him then we do our current one. I say pull him until he can get his stuff together and give John a chance

I agree. Whats the worst that is going to happen. He misses? I don't even expect Bibeu to make them anymore...

99Bison
10-17-2008, 03:59 AM
Nothing against him, but just been watching for what 2-3 years... looks like really low line drives and way more misses than bb in practice and warm ups. with a game made long of 40 yards?

By all means give him a shot if we want...

Thundering Herd
10-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Ha ha hee hoo!!! Does this remind you of anyone? :D
Go Bison!!!
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/paranoid_kicker_thinks_team

56BISON73
10-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Go Bison!!!
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/paranoid_kicker_thinks_team (http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/paranoid_kicker_thinks_team)

nOW THATS A HOOT. lol pl

Bisonfan1
10-18-2008, 01:51 AM
Go Bison!!!
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/paranoid_kicker_thinks_team

You have got to be kidding me, good stuff !!!

A1pigskin
10-18-2008, 03:03 AM
What the hell.