PDA

View Full Version : OU/Texas

Hammersmith
10-11-2008, 06:56 PM
I have never before wished for a player to be injured, but that's now changed. I sincerely hope OU's punter blew out his knee in a career-ending injury(he didn't, so I don't feel too guilty). The POS hurt himself falling to the ground while trying to draw a roughing flag after a Texas player brushed him. OU got the 5 yard flag, the first down, and ended up scoring a TD later in the drive thanks to the punter's dive. Disgusting. Poetic justice would've been a ligament tear rather than the slight hammy it appears to have been.

And I don't even like Texas.

(although I do hate Bob Stoops)

fargocyclone
10-11-2008, 07:20 PM
I have never before wished for a player to be injured, but that's now changed. I sincerely hope OU's punter blew out his knee in a career-ending injury(he didn't, so I don't feel too guilty). The POS hurt himself falling to the ground while trying to draw a roughing flag after a Texas player brushed him. OU got the 5 yard flag, the first down, and ended up scoring a TD later in the drive thanks to the punter's dive. Disgusting. Poetic justice would've been a ligament tear rather than the slight hammy it appears to have been.

And I don't even like Texas.

(although I do hate Bob Stoops)

Colt McCoy also drew two flags on runs to the sideline... Probably evens out in the end. Bad calls by the refs on all three of those flags.

sambini
10-13-2008, 01:52 AM
Watched the replay of the game tonight. Great game ++++

bisonmike2
10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Great game. Good to see Ok not be penalized too badly for losing this game. 5th is a good spot to drop them. Too bad Missouri had to blow their game and take a little wind out of the Texas/Missouri game next week. They should just have a Big 12 vs. SEC playoff to determine the national championship this year.

SlickVic
10-13-2008, 08:02 PM
only thing the big 12 proved this week was that the conference is the definition of over rated...oklahoma and texas are garbage on a nuetral field id take penn state by 2 tds over either of those teams...mizzou shoulda been beat by illinois glad to see them go down...secs not all that great either i think bama and psu are by far the top 2 teams in the country and i dont think its close

bisonmike2
10-13-2008, 08:36 PM
only thing the big 12 proved this week was that the conference is the definition of over rated...oklahoma and texas are garbage on a nuetral field id take penn state by 2 tds over either of those teams...mizzou shoulda been beat by illinois glad to see them go down...secs not all that great either i think bama and psu are by far the top 2 teams in the country and i dont think its close

I was impressed with PSU's a$$ kicking of Wisconsin in their house but other than that they haven't beat anybody. If they handle OSU the way they did Wisconsin, (and they should handle them) I'll start showing them love. The Texas/OK game was the perfect example of 2 top 5 teams slugging it out toe to toe. The way I see it the Big 12 and SEC have 8 of the top teams in the country. Texas, OK, Missouri, OK State, Texas Tech, Alabama, Florida, LSU. Big 10 has Penn State and Minnesota (joking!) and that's pretty much it. Pac 10, USC. I could see Penn State beating OSU then dropping a game against Michigan State. The Big Televen is just to soft this year to produce a solid championship threat. If Penn State doesn win out, I think we'll see them in the BCS championship game. Sadly I think it'll be a repeat of the past years shellacking of a Big 10 team in the title game.

SlickVic
10-13-2008, 09:22 PM
I was impressed with PSU's a$$ kicking of Wisconsin in their house but other than that they haven't beat anybody. If they handle OSU the way they did Wisconsin, (and they should handle them) I'll start showing them love. The Texas/OK game was the perfect example of 2 top 5 teams slugging it out toe to toe. The way I see it the Big 12 and SEC have 8 of the top teams in the country. Texas, OK, Missouri, OK State, Texas Tech, Alabama, Florida, LSU. Big 10 has Penn State and Minnesota (joking!) and that's pretty much it. Pac 10, USC. I could see Penn State beating OSU then dropping a game against Michigan State. The Big Televen is just to soft this year to produce a solid championship threat. If Penn State doesn win out, I think we'll see them in the BCS championship game. Sadly I think it'll be a repeat of the past years shellacking of a Big 10 team in the title game.

like it or not that oregon state game is going to be crucial for penn states title chances meaning even with 1 loss to osu that oregon state shalacking should zero out any arguements if it comes down to either psu or usc trying to play for a title...osu is a top 5 team in the country with beanie and the way pryors been progressing there deadly and chea i will be in columbus for that game oct 25th i will witness the perfect example of 2 top 5 teams slugging it out in person...not to bring academics into the mix but all 11 starters on psus offense have 3.0 or better gpas most are double majoring and many are graduating early with a full year left of football eligibility thats sick name a SEC school who even graduates 11 players per year...those 11 starters on psus offense are capable of running over 60 different offensive formations effectivley theres no team in the country even close to capable of doing that...the bottom line is yeah the big 12 has some really nice offenses but psus more than capable putting points up and there defense is dominant i dont think any team in the country is capable of scoring more than 3 tds on them and i dont think that there offense can be stopped...the b12 will implode theres no team coming out of that conference undeafted not because its so tough but becuase they dont have a squad in that league thats a legit title threat...not saying psus playing a harder schedule just saying psus playing the best football and has the most solid squad...time will tell but i think this is the best penn state football team ive ever seen and thats saying alot considering 4 defensive starters wont play a down this year including sean lee an all american line backer and justin king who was stupid he left early woulda been an all american himself this year

ndsubison1
10-13-2008, 10:56 PM

I'll admit it, PSU has really impressed me... but it would be interesting to see how they match up vs. an SEC team... I think they would have trouble vs. Alabama or Florida... PSU still has some tough games left @ Ohio St. and vs. an improved Michigan St. team... but truth be told if they beat OSU then I think they're in the national championship... but Florida is looking really good right now after their dismantling of LSU.

bisonmike2
10-14-2008, 02:26 PM
like it or not that oregon state game is going to be crucial for penn states title chances meaning even with 1 loss to osu that oregon state shalacking should zero out any arguements if it comes down to either psu or usc trying to play for a title...osu is a top 5 team in the country with beanie and the way pryors been progressing there deadly and chea i will be in columbus for that game oct 25th i will witness the perfect example of 2 top 5 teams slugging it out in person...not to bring academics into the mix but all 11 starters on psus offense have 3.0 or better gpas most are double majoring and many are graduating early with a full year left of football eligibility thats sick name a SEC school who even graduates 11 players per year...those 11 starters on psus offense are capable of running over 60 different offensive formations effectivley theres no team in the country even close to capable of doing that...the bottom line is yeah the big 12 has some really nice offenses but psus more than capable putting points up and there defense is dominant i dont think any team in the country is capable of scoring more than 3 tds on them and i dont think that there offense can be stopped...the b12 will implode theres no team coming out of that conference undeafted not because its so tough but becuase they dont have a squad in that league thats a legit title threat...not saying psus playing a harder schedule just saying psus playing the best football and has the most solid squad...time will tell but i think this is the best penn state football team ive ever seen and thats saying alot considering 4 defensive starters wont play a down this year including sean lee an all american line backer and justin king who was stupid he left early woulda been an all american himself this year

I got ya. I know PSU is good this year I'm just a little gunshy about having a Big 10 school in the BCS game. You can thank OSU for that.

d3boys
10-14-2008, 11:56 PM

couldnt disagree more
big 12 has 5 teams better then anything the big 10 can throw at them

SlickVic
10-15-2008, 04:23 AM
couldnt disagree more
big 12 has 5 teams better then anything the big 10 can throw at them

have you even seen penn state play?

ndsubison1
10-15-2008, 05:33 AM

big 12 is not overrated, they're easily the 2nd best conference this season... PSU is all the Big Ten has, OSU is up there, but the Big 12 has better overall teams than the Little Ten. PSU is prolly the best of both, but top to bottom Big 12 has it.

d3boys
10-15-2008, 08:51 PM

yes I have and we will just have to wait until they play somebody from the big 12
then the argument will be over

SlickVic
10-17-2008, 02:01 AM
for all u big 12 nutcases out there wdays showing the oklahoma kansas game over ohio state michigan state...again i ask why is this area so imbedded and obssessed with big 12 football? why? it makes no sense even when nebraska was dominant it made no sense...if u arnt a fan of oklahoma or kansas u cant tell me with a straight face that ud rather whatch that game over ohio state michigan state...again this would be a non issue with me and wday if espn gameplan was offered in HD but its not and even still i cant stand the fact a meaningless big 12 game between 2 teams that will be lucky if they play in a new years day bowl game this year is being shown over 2 undeafted big 10 teams 1 of which is still very much alive in the national championship hunt...it makes zero sense espically when u look at fargo/moorheads location