PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Place to Eat Somewhere Outside of the FM Area

BigBison
10-11-2008, 05:07 AM
I know we got the Fargo Restaurant thread, however my folks are coming up for the game this weekend and since usually EVERY bar and restaurant gets packed after the game in town. We were thinking about trying some place outside of Fargo. We'd go any where with in a 30 mile radius of Fargo, heck maybe even as far as Detroit Lakes since I know theres places in DL. I've heard ads on the radio for the Wild Rice Bar and Grill, is that place any good? Is there any good places in Horace? Cassleton? to the north? Hawley? We don't need some fancey place but just a nice place where you can get a dinner or burger. Thanks.

UTH
10-11-2008, 05:38 AM
I know we got the Fargo Restaurant thread, however my folks are coming up for the game this weekend and since usually EVERY bar and restaurant gets packed after the game in town. We were thinking about trying some place outside of Fargo. We'd go any where with in a 30 mile radius of Fargo, heck maybe even as far as Detroit Lakes since I know theres places in DL. I've heard ads on the radio for the Wild Rice Bar and Grill, is that place any good? Is there any good places in Horace? Cassleton? to the north? Hawley? We don't need some fancey place but just a nice place where you can get a dinner or burger. Thanks.

I worked at the Wild Rice Bar and Grill back in the mid-90s. It's a smalltown bar with a "full bar kitchen". Everything except for the hamburgers came from the freezer. The burgers were good and I really liked the hash browns. I wouldn't call it a nice family venue.

I'm curious to hear what Casselton would have to offer?...

NDFAN2
10-11-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm curious to hear what Casselton would have to offer?...

Well, for morning coffee, try Cool Beanz. Good coffee, internet access and some hot sandwiches for breakfast. (Old Kerry's Sweet Shop)

You can get Pizza at the Red Baron when it opens, and I know the Pizza Ranch opens at about 11AM, and they have chicken there too...:bow:

Julie's Place is still open even though it doesn't look like it's open. It looks like a former Dairy Queen because it was a former Dairy Queen. It is usually only open until 4PM though. Food is pretty much like DQ.

The Governor's Inn has decent food, and that is where Kerry's Sweet shop moved to.

I think CLub 94 has food as well, but i've never eaten there.

There is also a Subway attached to Gordy's just off the interstate.

Therefore, Casselton has a variety of places to eat. If i missed any, i apologize.

NDFAN2
10-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Mapleton has a bar/rest just north of the interstate, and the food/beverages are pretty good. Very large area, and video games for the kids - stage and dance floor. (Haggies)

A1pigskin
10-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Krolls Kitchen in Fargo doesn't get too packed after the game.

Bison"FANatic"
10-11-2008, 01:27 PM
My opinion is the Wild rice sucks. I don't have a good direction to steer you though.

A1pigskin
10-11-2008, 01:29 PM
My opinion is the Wild rice sucks. I don't have a good direction to steer you though.

I would not recommend Wild Rice Bar. I do recommend Wild Rice Soup.

Go_Herd
10-11-2008, 03:12 PM
We don't need some fancey place but just a nice place where you can get a dinner or burger. Thanks.

I could make you a pretty good mushroom and swiss patty melt or a mean grilled cheese for only $12.99. Might even have a table cloth on the coffee table for you to eat on. Refined eating but not too classy.

Sorry I'm no help

BigDeal
10-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Zorbaz in DL if you must go that way. It's right on the lake. Their regular pizza's are so so, but their specialties are pretty damn good. When I was back in MN/ND last month, I made sure I stopped there on my way to the airport... well, there and Krolls for Shakey Monday's. Damn it, now I miss the FM area.

A1pigskin
10-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Make sure you let us know where you went.

sambini
10-12-2008, 01:59 AM
Zorbaz in DL++++

BigBison
10-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Didn't go anywhere out of town. We found out that there isn't anywhere good to eat outside of FM area. So we went to the OB Grill. Never been there before. Food was really good but the portions were small.