PDA

View Full Version : Dome Field Advantage

NDSUstudent
10-10-2008, 07:53 PM
There have been a few complaints over the past week but maybe this will put things into perspective...

The Leathernecks have won three of its last four games indoors, all at Northern Iowa.

South Dakota State coach John Stiegelmeier cautions that the Fargodome is nothing like the UNI-Dome.

"It is a lot more intense than Northern Iowa," Stiegelmeier said. "The NDSU fans are on you before the game, at halftime and every second of the game.

"If you've been to Montana it's a similar situation. We went to Iowa State and it didn't compare to the Fargodome or Montana."

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/x547018657/CAPIE-Fall-flavor-in-the-MVFC

NDSUdonny
10-10-2008, 08:01 PM
I don't think Stig would be saying that if we always applauded the away teams and made them feel welcome

bisonmike2
10-10-2008, 08:24 PM
There have been a few complaints over the past week but maybe this will put things into perspective...

I'm kinda surprised by those quotes. The Fargodome gets loud but usually only on 3rd and 4th downs. I wish it would be that loud from kick off to final whistle but there are too many book readers in the seats.

Bisontug
10-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Did the crowd cheer for Rocky as he entered the ring to fight Ivan Drago ?? NO !!!! I want all opponents to feel like they should've stayed on the bus instead of entering the FFD to play the Bison....

Go_Herd
10-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Did the crowd cheer for Rocky as he entered the ring to fight Ivan Drago ?? NO !!!!

But they cheered for him at the end!! Props for a Drago reference!

Da_Bizon
10-10-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm kinda surprised by those quotes. The Fargodome gets loud but usually only on 3rd and 4th downs. I wish it would be that loud from kick off to final whistle but there are too many book readers in the seats.

Not this year... the last couple of games have been pretty loud on every down... until the game becomes a blowout (Austin Peay & Central Conn.). The SIU game was loud for most of the game.

RunDMc34
10-10-2008, 10:49 PM

I think hes talking about the fact that down on the end of the players area by the student section there is pretty much a stream of constant talk flowing from the second a play ends until the second it starts. from 90 minutes pregame until about 5 minutes post game.

stevdock
10-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Did the crowd cheer for Rocky as he entered the ring to fight Ivan Drago ?? NO !!!! I want all opponents to feel like they should've stayed on the bus instead of entering the FFD to play the Bison....

Yes but they did cheer Rocky when he came back a few years ago:nod:

VanClubPres
10-11-2008, 03:25 AM
We need to make the FFD as loud as it gets. Herbie is just 7 yards shy of moving into second place all time rushing WIU school record. Get loud, get into the O-lines heads get them to jump off sides a few times, and make them pass. A tall order, but we don't want to see this guy get any credit at our house. The talk on Leathernecknation.com (their bisonville) is that they believe that they can win, but are concerned about the Fargodome Noise rumors. We need to make those rumors true. GET LOUD everyone, even if it is just on third down. Make that place rock!!!

HerdBot
10-11-2008, 03:28 AM

Strange how perception can vary. Lennon said it was really loud but some of the SIU players said it wasn't as loud as Lennon made it out to be. Stieg thinks it's way louder than UNI. UNI claims to have one of the best home field advantages in football.

I think at times we're really loud but at other times it's too quiet. I guess it depends what we're comparing too. I like to compare the dome noise to a Vikings game which is really loud. (it's nowhere near as loud as a vikes game) Others compare our home field to other D1-AA schools. (it's much louder than the rest of them)

Let's raise the bar!

Bison101
10-11-2008, 11:56 PM
There was no such thing as Dome Field Advantage today.

A1pigskin
10-12-2008, 12:33 AM
There was no such thing as Dome Field Advantage today.

No kidding. It was horrible.

stevdock
10-12-2008, 03:37 AM
I thought outside of the half-full student section that it was much louder than last week. A majority of the fans were up on their feet for every 3rd down. I was disappointed in a few former players who were sitting a few rows down from me who only got on their feet when they couldn't see the play any longer.

Jay
10-12-2008, 04:17 AM
I thought outside of the half-full student section that it was much louder than last week. A majority of the fans were up on their feet for every 3rd down. I was disappointed in a few former players who were sitting a few rows down from me who only got on their feet when they couldn't see the play any longer.

How many people do you think were actually at the game?

99Bison
10-12-2008, 04:19 AM

17k?????????????

NDSUFan_Sav
10-12-2008, 04:20 AM

a dozen??? nah we were pretty loud, i was in the student section and in the 4th qtr it was loud as hell and felt good

Jay
10-12-2008, 04:21 AM
17k?????????????

My guess was 16 at the most.

99Bison
10-12-2008, 04:22 AM
In the first quarter there appeared to be less blue seats that normal, other than the 1k missing students... Also thought it was louder than last week.

Jay
10-12-2008, 04:30 AM
In the first quarter there appeared to be less blue seats that normal, other than the 1k missing students... Also thought it was louder than last week.

I thought it was a lot louder too, but far less people. Did they say it was a sellout, because I find it hard to believe that many fans didn't show up. With all these games on tv, it's hurting the turnout in the stands.

99Bison
10-12-2008, 04:33 AM
I thought it was a lot louder too, but far less people. Did they say it was a sellout, because I find it hard to believe that many fans didn't show up. With all these games on tv, it's hurting the turnout in the stands.

OMG, are you kidding, how many games were sold out before these games on tv:0 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Games on TV = Marketing.

It was sold out 3 weeks ago for the public. Not sure if they got rid of the returned team tickets or not, but even if not it's real close.

The students didn't show up this game.

Thunder_Struck
10-12-2008, 04:37 AM
I just wish they wouldn't announce a game as a sellout before the game if there are still tickets available. If we get the 98% of record crowd, or whatever it is you need to have a sellout, announce it as a sellout after the game.

99Bison
10-12-2008, 04:38 AM
I just wish they wouldn't announce a game as a sellout before the game if there are still tickets available. If we get the 98% of record crowd, or whatever it is you need to have a sellout, announce it as a sellout after the game.

There were no tickets to buy 3 weeks ago.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-12-2008, 04:38 AM
well I am pleased with the students this game all the sections joined in quite a bit on the chants I was starting today. Really pleased actually, I tried my best to get the student section loud today and by the sounds of it I accomplished that.

I have to thank ming for saving me a seat down there I highly appreciate it. I told him I would yell alot and get things going!!!

Jay
10-12-2008, 04:42 AM
OMG, are you kidding, how many games were sold out before these games on tv:0 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Games on TV = Marketing.

It was sold out 3 weeks ago for the public. Not sure if they got rid of the returned team tickets or not, but even if not it's real close.

The students didn't show up this game.

Yeah, it's great for marketing and I'm not saying we shouldn't have them on tv. I was just posing a thought that the games on tv are keeping people from going to the game. You might hurt your head if you keep banging it on the wall, be careful Gus.

Thunder_Struck
10-12-2008, 04:42 AM
Don't they usually sell standing room only tickets when no tickets are left? I don't recall hearing that they were selling standing room only tickets for this game. I must have missed it. Sorry for the mistake.

Jay
10-12-2008, 04:45 AM
Don't they usually sell standing room only tickets when no tickets are left? I don't recall hearing that they were selling standing room only tickets for this game. I must have missed it. Sorry for the mistake.

You could pick up standing room only tickets today. And then you could have went and sat in one of the 3k empty seats

99Bison
10-12-2008, 04:47 AM
Yeah, it's great for marketing and I'm not saying we shouldn't have them on tv. I was just posing a thought that the games on tv are keeping people from going to the game. You might hurt your head if you keep banging it on the wall, be careful Gus.

Maybe some, but long term net gain is so much more important. It's amazing how many people in the tv viewing area don't know that Bison football is like. TV gives them a chance to do that, and hence want to participate.

Montana is a perfect example of how this works.