PDA

View Full Version : 2009 ISU FB game date changed

56BISON73
10-09-2008, 06:34 PM
The 2009 NDSU vs. Iowa State football game date has been changed. The new date has been set for Thursday, September 3, 2009. Since you secured a hotel reservation at the Gateway Hotel in Ames, Iowa for this NDSU event we wanted you to be one of the first to know about this change.

bisonmike2
10-09-2008, 06:35 PM
The 2009 NDSU vs. Iowa State football game date has been changed. The new date has been set for Thursday, September 3, 2009. Since you secured a hotel reservation at the Gateway Hotel in Ames, Iowa for this NDSU event we wanted you to be one of the first to know about this change.

Uggh! A Thursday game? Crap. Iowa St. better have moved it to get it on tv.

fargocyclone
10-09-2008, 06:47 PM
No!! Well, that'll be one of the first weekends I'll be asking for off for my new job! :smh:

Go_Herd
10-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Damn I wanted to go to this game....who knows know if I can make the trip because it's on a weekday.

F you Cy

fargocyclone
10-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Damn I wanted to go to this game....who knows know if I can make the trip because it's on a weekday.

F you Cy

Ouch! Why all the hate? :)

sambini
10-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Just make the adjustment.

56BISON73
10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Just make the adjustment.

This will make it easier to catch the Hawkeye game on Saturday. PL

bisongirl
10-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Apparently I'm not the first one to call and change my reservations because they knew exactly what I was calling for and which dates I needed to change them to! :)

56BISON73
10-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Apparently I'm not the first one to call and change my reservations because they knew exactly what I was calling for and which dates I needed to change them to! :)

Yep
They said theyve been pretty busy. PL

Trim
10-09-2008, 07:12 PM
I like it! 5 day weekend right? Labor day should be on the 7th???

GradBison
10-09-2008, 08:00 PM
That sucks. Going to still try and make it.

17>1
10-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Will you be there ? I sure will be.

OrygunBison
10-09-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm sure I'll fly back regardless.

ndsubison1
10-09-2008, 08:35 PM

Maybe that means this game could be on ESPNU or ESPN Plus or something.... that would be awesome. I would say there is a chance.

fargocyclone
10-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Maybe that means this game could be on ESPNU or ESPN Plus or something.... that would be awesome. I would say there is a chance.

Nah, ISU just likes to kick off the season with a Thursday night game for some reason. Been like that for as long as I've been here. SDSU's game was on a Thursday too.

BeckerBison
10-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Nah, ISU just likes to kick off the season with a Thursday night game for some reason. Been like that for as long as I've been here. SDSU's game was on a Thursday too.

Yes, you are right it was on a Thursday night and also was not on a major TV network. I was in Sioux Falls for work during that game and had to go to a bar with a satellite to watch it. Our game might be on TV but will probably be something like the broadcast from Youngstown St this year. Don’t expect an ESPN telecast with Lou Holtz and his crew doing play by play.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-09-2008, 09:23 PM
what hotel are people staying for the ISU game? Is this hotel close to the stadium or walking distance????

d3boys
10-09-2008, 09:30 PM
I will be there even if when I get back I dont have a job
wont miss this one cy

TateMosersneighbor
10-10-2008, 02:00 AM
The Bison at Jack Trice? How can you not make it? Jack Trice has been redone and is an amazing stadium. My brother lives in Des Moines and his father in law bleeds yellow and red. My buddy "runtheoption" and our families will be trucking down for sure!

This will be a very, very good game for us. They're better then Wyoming, but god knows we could've played a better game there. We'll need a great game and a great crowd to get the W!

fargocyclone
10-10-2008, 02:07 AM
The Bison at Jack Trice? How can you not make it? Jack Trice has been redone and is an amazing stadium. My brother lives in Des Moines and his father in law bleeds yellow and red. My buddy "runtheoption" and our families will be trucking down for sure!

This will be a very, very good game for us. They're better then Wyoming, but god knows we could've played a better game there. We'll need a great game and a great crowd to get the W!

And by this, you mean cardinal and gold ;)

56BISON73
10-10-2008, 02:07 AM
what hotel are people staying for the ISU game? Is this hotel close to the stadium or walking distance????

Please contact the Gateway to change or confirm your current reservations as soon as possible.
You can reach the Gateway Hotel by calling 1-800-FOR- AMES (800-367-2637).
Please make contact with the Gateway by November 1, 2008.

ndsubison1
10-10-2008, 06:45 AM

i see plenty of other thursday night game between FBS and FCS that are on the other ESPN channels... I meant there could be a chance they put it on espn plus or gameplan or something... i was thinking they could possibly have it on one of the other espn channels

99Bison
10-10-2008, 07:08 AM
We prefer thursday openings around here too. The forum today reports a better chance to make tv this way also, like fsn.

Thundering Herd
10-10-2008, 12:06 PM

Yeah, I want to get Taylor (niece, not our AD :D ) a little NDSU cheerleader outfit for this game. Will you be there? Hell yes I'm going to be there!!! Five day weekend everybody!

spelunker64
10-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Make it Tuesday morning, either way I'll be there...

THEsocalledfan
10-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Forum has an article on this. It was done for TV reasons.

Also, of note, one home game is open for next year. Any insider info on who it will be? (I don't buy the Montana St. thing in the article are they are too scared and already jobbed us once.....)