PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Pumped for this Game?

BigBison
10-09-2008, 04:43 AM
It seems that no one cares that theres a hell-of-a good football team coming to the Fargodome this weekend, with their crosshairs set on the front quarters of the Bison. In my opinion we could EASILY lose this game, if the Bison don't bring there A-game especially on the D. It seems that we are to worried about wearing the right color and not making enough noise. Which I fully support wearing yellow, being loud, as a student I know our players feed off of that energy. The Students haven't even picked up all of their tickets yet. And theres not much buzz about this game and this is a HUGE game. Pretty much EVERY game from here on out IS A PLAYOFF GAME!!!!
On a plus side this is family weekend and usually there are alot of parents that will be coming to the FFD with there kids. And If rain is coming then less farmers and hunters will be out in the field, however that makes tailgating not so much fun. Is seems that we are a little burnt out after homecoming week, kind of like what happened last year with after we beat Minnesota and then played SUU. Please prove me wrong fans. I'll be sitting in section 6 this game with my family and making ALOT of nosie. I want to see a full yellow student section and the FFD ROCKIN on saturday afternoon!!!! LETS GO BISON BEAT THE LEATHERNECKS!!!!!

On a side note:
Woot! Check out that beer pong table, up in my avatar! During tailgating at the CCSU game I puked all over the west lot because of that table!

lakesbison
10-09-2008, 05:05 AM
Oh hell ya!!!3pm is a perfect start for tailgating!!! find us by the edge of da trees and enjoy a BISON BOMB!!

NDSUdonny
10-09-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm pumped for every game, pal... WIU is a really good football team and I'm excited to see if the second half last week is the springboard to a winning streak and hopefully the first home playoff game ever in the friendly confines of the Dome. I am surprised that so many student tickets are left... I enjoy hunting also, but come on people, football is TOP PRIORITY!!

gt_bison
10-09-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm 1300 miles away, and I'm pumped for most games (InSU is hard to get excited about from here). I'm even more excited for this one, however, as I've got a four day weekend coming up, so I'll be flying to Fargo tomorrow afternoon for the game. I would guess that it being the game after homecoming has dampened excitement levels a bit, but I would think that by the time Saturday comes around, people will be ready to go again.

BisoninNWMN
10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
I cannot wait for sat.

WIU is good but I do not think their running game is going to "pound" us. They do not run the spread, which has given us fits, so I think if our guys play assingment sharp, we'll be ok.

Bison by 2 tds

Jdubs21
10-09-2008, 11:41 AM
tailgating is gonna be cold, rainy and windy....I CANT WAIT!!!haha im thinkin the hot chocolate and Baileys is gonna taste amazing

Mr. Burgundy
10-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Watching Texas play Oklahoma in HD on the 50 inch from the tailgate will be fantastic. Can't wait for 10AM on Saturday....wait, 8AM...gotta get in line!!!! Love the tailgating rules!!!!

bri-dog
10-09-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm flying in from Denver this afternoon! Gonna help my brother haul some barley tomorrow, then drink a lot of barley on Saturday. Since I've never been to the Fargodome, I'm stoked! We should be in line by 8:00 or 9:00 -- I wish the forecast was a little better for tailgating, but you can't have everything...

GradBison
10-09-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm pumped, but also bummed. :banghead: I'm going to have to miss this game, leaving town tonight and won't be back until Sunday. I need to make a decision to either stay updated on the game on the phone, or avoid all communications about the score and watch it recorded Sunday. What would you do?

HandoEX
10-09-2008, 01:33 PM
On a side note:
Woot! Check out that beer pong table, up in my avatar! During tailgating at the CCSU game I puked all over the west lot because of that table!

We broke out our pong table this past Saturday at homecoming and the police shut us down 5 minutes in. I guess it's against the rules to play anything deemed as a drinking game while tailgating. That is a sweet table you've got though!

roadwarrior
10-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Since I've never been to the Fargodome, I'm stoked!

WOW! Enjoy your visit!

bri-dog
10-09-2008, 02:13 PM
WOW! Enjoy your visit!

Oh yeah, I'm going to enjoy it. I haven't been back in the fall for years. Now that my daughter is almost grown (senior in hs) I can be a little more flexible. Being a single dad got easier after she is able to drive.:nod:

See you guys in the parking lot!

Bison"FANatic"
10-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh hell ya I am pumped for this game. This is going to be a smash mouth, pound it down your throat kind of game. It is going to be good ball with a few nice pass plays to keep everyone honest. Oh ya it is going to be a great time!!!!!!!

GO BISON

GOB1SON
10-09-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm pumped, but also bummed. :banghead: I'm going to have to miss this game, leaving town tonight and won't be back until Sunday. I need to make a decision to either stay updated on the game on the phone, or avoid all communications about the score and watch it recorded Sunday. What would you do?

If you can wait till Sunday to find out the score, you are a more patient than I am. There is no way I could do that.

I am at my wife's brother's wedding in Walker MN this weekend, and I will be watching the game on my phone during and after the wedding. Just need to figure out how to sneak a six-pack and some beer-brats into the back pew of the church!

lakesbison
10-09-2008, 02:52 PM
We Played Tippy Cup Every Week So Far..

Police Never Stopped That!!!!!

Holla!!

UTH
10-09-2008, 02:59 PM

Could someone with a little insight into this sort of behavior please explain this sort of behavior??? I know someone who is likely to absolutely ballistic if someone even mentions a play from a game before he's seen it. It doesn't even matter if the person talking didn't have reason to believe he'd seen it yet.

I don't get it. I say just be 'pumped for this game' and stay updated by phone at least...

runtheoption
10-09-2008, 03:16 PM
I am looking forward to a smashmouth, grind-it-out, snotlicker of a game! I think watching Roehl and Donaldson will be a treat. Bohl should put Roehl in at LB on an obvious running down so he can go stick it to Donaldson. OK, maybe that's just crazy talk...

I hope someone on D steps up right away on their first series and sets the tone with a HUGE hit on Donaldson. That gets the crowd and the D fired up right away, and can send a big message to the opposing team.

I think many NDSU fans and followers are suffering a little bit of a hangover similiar to after the Gophers game last year, but I really think the team knows how important the game is and what kind of team they are up against. I expect the Bison to come out firing on all cylinders, in a continuation of the 2nd half performance against SIU.

Rain, please stay away until 3:00 PM on Saturday.

BigBison
10-09-2008, 03:37 PM
We broke out our pong table this past Saturday at homecoming and the police shut us down 5 minutes in. I guess it's against the rules to play anything deemed as a drinking game while tailgating. That is a sweet table you've got though!

This must be some kind of a new rule? I know that at homcoming they never stopped us and at the CCSU game some of the guards not cops came over and threw the ball for us, they were pretty fun. I over heard some people talking that you can't have beer bongs in the west lot anymore. I'll try to get some bigger pictures up of my table. I hope to build a bigger one someday if I get the time.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-09-2008, 06:17 PM
HELLL YEAH I AM PUMPED.....lets keep the home field winning streak alive!!!!

Get roehl in the endzone a few times and win the turnover ratio...

Sound good?? sure does to me!!! see all of you saturday in the west lot, lets have some drinks!!!

GradBison
10-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Could someone with a little insight into this sort of behavior please explain this sort of behavior??? I know someone who is likely to absolutely ballistic if someone even mentions a play from a game before he's seen it. It doesn't even matter if the person talking didn't have reason to believe he'd seen it yet.

I don't get it. I say just be 'pumped for this game' and stay updated by phone at least...

I've done it before with soccer games, it works, I watch and yell at the TV although it's recorded (because we know, yelling at the TV in a live game makes all the difference :confused: ).
The thing is, I'm going to have a crazy ass schedule starting in about an hour until I make it back to Fargo Sunday afternoon, I might just have enough on my plate to allow me to wait. We'll see.

RunDMc34
10-09-2008, 11:47 PM
This must be some kind of a new rule? I know that at homcoming they never stopped us and at the CCSU game some of the guards not cops came over and threw the ball for us, they were pretty fun. I over heard some people talking that you can't have beer bongs in the west lot anymore. I'll try to get some bigger pictures up of my table. I hope to build a bigger one someday if I get the time.

Had one of the guys that I kinda know from the FPD say that it is technically illegal to play any sort of drinking game in the tailgaiting lots and asked me to tell people i knew that if they were playing a drinking game it would get shut down. He said if you were throwing bags or something like that all as long as you didnt say something like " this one is for a drink" or "loser drinks" then you were fine. I would assume beer pong falls under category 1 a drinking game.

VanClubPres
10-10-2008, 05:56 PM

Heard that "drinking games, or games in which drinking is part of the scoring" are against state law too, Officer Kevin said so. I mean come on, it is just beer pong

A1pigskin
10-11-2008, 01:52 AM
Very pumped. We'll be seeing some power hits with these two physical teams.

stevdock
10-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Somebody please explain to me why a fan has to be drunk to enjoy a very good football team and what will be a very good game?

larson311
10-11-2008, 02:59 AM
Somebody please explain to me why a fan has to be drunk to enjoy a very good football team and what will be a very good game?

I think everyone would enjoy the games if they didn't drink, but some of us like to drink while doing so

4mcruenomore
10-11-2008, 03:02 AM
I am super pumped for this game, I work til 2:00 pm, and I have to watch it on TV even!!! For those who get to go to the game, enjoy!!

HerdBot
10-11-2008, 04:33 AM
It seems that no one cares that theres a hell-of-a good football team coming to the Fargodome this weekend, with their crosshairs set on the front quarters of the Bison. In my opinion we could EASILY lose this game, if the Bison don't bring there A-game especially on the D. It seems that we are to worried about wearing the right color and not making enough noise. Which I fully support wearing yellow, being loud, as a student I know our players feed off of that energy. The Students haven't even picked up all of their tickets yet. And theres not much buzz about this game and this is a HUGE game. Pretty much EVERY game from here on out IS A PLAYOFF GAME!!!!
On a plus side this is family weekend and usually there are alot of parents that will be coming to the FFD with there kids. And If rain is coming then less farmers and hunters will be out in the field, however that makes tailgating not so much fun. Is seems that we are a little burnt out after homecoming week, kind of like what happened last year with after we beat Minnesota and then played SUU. Please prove me wrong fans. I'll be sitting in section 6 this game with my family and making ALOT of nosie. I want to see a full yellow student section and the FFD ROCKIN on saturday afternoon!!!! LETS GO BISON BEAT THE LEATHERNECKS!!!!!

On a side note:

Absolutely! It's going to be another one that goes right down to the wire.

Why we could lose?
We can't stop the run and WIU runs the ball as well as anyone. Our starting DE Compton is out. They have tape on us from last years game. If they win, it would save their season. They can win in noisy domes, ask UNI. Too many fairweather fans would rather hunt birds. Overconfidence.

Why we could win?
We're pretty damn good at home. We beat them last year at their house. Overall we're healthier than we have been in a while and are playing well.

A1pigskin
10-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Hammer down!!!!!!!!!

CaBisonFan
10-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm pumped as heel. I flew up from California to see it. I wouldn't have chosen this weekend if I thought we were playing a patsy. As far as I know, they have as much (or more) talent as Youngstown, have a great running back, and have been very competitive.

Every game is a playoff. I'll need someone to hold me down. :nod:

GradBison
10-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Man.. am I missing out or what...
How are the festivities for the day? I going to try and stay updated on the score.

GO BISON!!

BisoninNWMN
10-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Only 5 more hrs:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bison beatdown!!!!!

Bison101
10-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Only 5 more hrs:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Bison beatdown!!!!!

If only it was so.....:smh:

A1pigskin
10-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Not anymore. Just pissed off.:banghead: :banghead:

GradBison
10-13-2008, 05:34 PM
:smh: :( :mad:

Saw the score scrolling on ESPN after the most hectic Saturday ever in my life.
A horrible way to end an otherwise wonderful day. :ranting: