PDA

View Full Version : Jack's Mid Season Breakdown

bisonmike2
10-08-2008, 03:42 PM
It's never too late to start breaking down your rival opponent. Any Jacks fans out there care to give us a break down of where the Jacks are at this year? After 6 games I see you guys are averaging 32.5 ppg but giving up 33.5. I expected the offense to put up points but I'm surprised by how many the d has given up. I admit I haven't watched 1 play of any SDSU games this year so I'll rely on the people who have to give us a breakdown and a preview of what to expect as the Battle for the Rock gets closer. Also any ideas on how the last game vs. McNeese will affect you guys? That was a huge kick in the nuts losing in triple o.t., do you think your guys will come out flat this weekend as a result?

JacksFan06
10-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Here's your breakdown:

I would say that this years Jacks team is better than last years. The only problem is health.

We've been without our 2 starting DT's, 2 starting Safeties, and 1 of our starting CB's. That's why we've been having trouble stopping the pass the last couple weeks, we've been with out 3 of our 4 starting DB's.

On Offense, we've been without our 2 starting tackles and our top reserve tackle.

This team when healthy, which it should be better coming off this bye week, is a top 10 team. The reasoning is our balance. Our Offense is good at running the ball with Kyle Minett, and passing the ball. QB Ryan Berry is 2nd in the nation in passing yrds and is on pace to set a school record.

Our D is solid at stopping the run, but has some weakness stopping the pass. Our front 7 might be as good as we've ever had when healthy and has solid depth. Our backfield is talented but young.

Looking forward to coming to Fargo, hopefully we'll be playing for another division championship.

JacksFan06
10-08-2008, 09:17 PM
The McNeese game was tough to swallow. We shouldn't even been in the game with all our injuries, but they played their butts off.

We lost on a fluke play. In overtime McNeese needed to score to tie the game because we had already scored. It was 4th and 21, they passed the ball and our LB knocked down the pass. It was just that he knocked it down into the diving hands of one of their WR's. He caught it at the 1 yd line.

The lost could really have an effect on the team, but luckily we have a much needed bye this week.

bisonmike2
10-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the info. I noticed Berry is having a heck of a year. Good to see a fellow SoDak boy doing well. I would have like to see him come up to NDSU and follow his sister up here. SDSU seems to have pretty good luck with Watertown kids. Berry, Feldheim, Heiden, Norberg. You guys keep winning and we'll do the same, hopefully we'll be playing for the championship in November.

JackJD
10-09-2008, 07:48 PM
... do you think your guys will come out flat this weekend as a result?

I predict our guys won't even put on their uniforms this Saturday (Oct 11) (we have an open weekend). But the following weekend, we'll square off against Cal Poly and it'll be a great game with the Jacks winning by a touchdown.