PDA

View Full Version : Bookends

CaBisonFan
10-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Phil Hansen was pretty outspoken about our two young bookends on the defensive line. He's really impressed with their size and athleticism.

I have an idea, but who was he specifically talking about?

Boyer? Who else?

Also...what's up with Reid? Did he play some this past Saturday? Redshirt was pulled...right?

I'd like to hear your thoughts on some of these guys.

ndsubison1
10-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Phil Hansen was pretty outspoken about our two young bookends on the defensive line. He's really impressed with their size and athleticism.

Boyer? Who else?

Also...what's up with Reid? Did he play some this past Saturday? Redshirt was pulled...right?

i thought Reid was one of those ineligible and would be back in the spring?

roadwarrior
10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Reid was ineligible this fall.

roadwarrior
10-07-2008, 11:51 AM

This is discussed somewhere else close to here.

scottheck
10-07-2008, 12:37 PM

Boyer? Who else?

Didn't hear Phil but could have been Boyer and Garrett Johnson.

KTF
10-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Phil was talking about Johnson and Coulter. They both had some great reps this weekend. If memory serves me right, Johnson had a sack and Boyer had a tackle for loss or two as well.

Hopefully we can find two consistent middle d-line guys to offset these guys in the next year or two. JC transfers(?)

99Bison
10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Phil was talking about Johnson and Coulter. They both had some great reps this weekend. If memory serves me right, Johnson had a sack and Boyer had a tackle for loss or two as well.

Hopefully we can find two consistent middle d-line guys to offset these guys in the next year or two. JC transfers(?)

Ummm, middle of d-line guys have been inconsistent this year??? Notice most runs going on off the edges???

Thunder_Struck
10-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Bookends reffered to are Boyer and Johnson. Should be fun to watch for the next 4 years. As far as the redshirt being pulled are you thinking of Preston Evans? I thought I heard on the radio broadcast of the Wyoming game that he played. I could be wrong. Have not heard or noticed him since. Anyone have info on this?

roadwarrior
10-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Preston Evans did play at Wyoming. I dont know if he has been on any special team plays since then.

PopBison
10-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Preston has been playing on special teams. This past weekend he played on all special teams but was not in his normal number, not sure why.

Civil06
10-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Preston has been playing on special teams. This past weekend he played on all special teams but was not in his normal number, not sure why.

Right, he played wearing #43 this week, but gobison.com has Eddie Beson listed at that number. Preston looks, from a physical standpoint, like a Joe Mays understudy. He was getting the crowd fired up for kickoffs as well. Can't wait to see what he develops into.

bisonhusker
10-07-2008, 07:22 PM
He is #43??? NICE. I loved how he was firing up the crowd. I was watching him every play. I remember Tommy Ray??? I think that was his name. Career backup to Joe Mays, but a special teams stud doing the same thing. I thought they allowed him in on the "AC Earl" plan and he could play college sports for 10 years. I hate removing a redshirt, but this kid is really good and already contributing....and it isn't like we had much depth at LB with all of those injuries earlier.

RunDMc34
10-07-2008, 08:59 PM
now im not in the know like lakes, but I think that Preston Evans probably would have got the nod at MLB had tyler henry not come back this week. Just my gut feeling about pulling the redshirt to get him some live hitting incase henry wouldnt be ready for the brunt of the schedule.

I could be totally wrong tho.

d3boys
10-07-2008, 10:12 PM

I thought fairburn and the big samoan had a pretty good game
fairburn i believe is only a sophomore and can sing too

CaBisonFan
10-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Bookends reffered to are Boyer and Johnson. Should be fun to watch for the next 4 years. As far as the redshirt being pulled are you thinking of Preston Evans? I thought I heard on the radio broadcast of the Wyoming game that he played. I could be wrong. Have not heard or noticed him since. Anyone have info on this?

You're right. It was Evans. thanks

BisoninNWMN
10-07-2008, 11:50 PM
Ummm, middle of d-line guys have been inconsistent this year??? Notice most runs going on off the edges???

...off the edges!!!!!!!

YSU and WYO went right up the middle of the defense. SIU also went up the middle but #21 bounced it outside a lot.

MLB has been a weakness.....give Preston a shot:banghead: :banghead:

RunDMc34
10-08-2008, 01:35 AM
lets point out the fact that on that QB Choice shotgun spread option that is a play the D-end needs to make not tho the DT needs to eat up blockers so the linebackers can roam freely and make plays

Lets not forget Tyler Henry finally came back from injury and obviously didnt play a great game but im not ready to throw him under the bus yet.

BisonFB
10-08-2008, 01:41 AM
It seemed to me like Tyler had the most tackles this past game...it's good to have him healthy.