PDA

View Full Version : Blue Hair = GreenBacks

GOB1SON
10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
I truly understand the sentiment that all fans should be 18-30 year old screaming Bison fans that stand the whole game and cheer until their voice is gone and taunt the other team into making mistakes. That makes for a great atomsphere.

But if all the fans in the Dome were 18-30 year old screaming fans, then we would only have what 30 scholarships? and we would have lost to SIU 48-10.

The blue hairs that are older and don't cheer as loud or stand the whole game are the ones paying for the wins.

Just keep it in mind that the blue hair's SITTING in the middle paid $500/game for some of those seats (and at that level it isn't about the seat, I know that) and I guess it is really up to them how loud they cheer and how often they stand.

CaBisonFan
10-06-2008, 02:06 PM
That's why there are different sections.

I totally agree.

rutlandbison
10-06-2008, 02:20 PM
I truly understand the sentiment that all fans should be 18-30 year old screaming Bison fans that stand the whole game and cheer until their voice is gone and taunt the other team into making mistakes. That makes for a great atomsphere.

But if all the fans in the Dome were 18-30 year old screaming fans, then we would only have what 30 scholarships? and we would have lost to SIU 48-10.

The blue hairs that are older and don't cheer as loud or stand the whole game are the ones paying for the wins.

Just keep it in mind that the blue hair's SITTING in the middle paid $500/game for some of those seats (and at that level it isn't about the seat, I know that) and I guess it is really up to them how loud they cheer and how often they stand.

And we pay the university our tuition, so how arent we paying for the wins either?

WestDakotaBison
10-06-2008, 02:29 PM
And we pay the university our tuition, so how arent we paying for the wins either?

Because your tuition is paying for your education. There are people out there that donate based on the teams performance. Apparently there are several donors out there withholding in excess of $2million until the football team earns a playoff spot. So yes, these are the people paying for wins, not you. Tuition pays for your schooling.

GOB1SON
10-06-2008, 02:31 PM

There are a lot of ways to look at that, but it really isn't what I meant.

Without Teammakers, there wouldn't be 63 scholarships. There would be 30-35 (I am not sure what the number is).

Then we would be Indiana State.

I am not trying to "downgrade" the contributions students make to the game. Without the students, there is no game, no team.

But just be careful criticizing the older fans. They are the ones paying for half or more of the scholarships for players, they pay to upgrade the facilities. During the Chapman years the blue hairs you are so eager to point out as not being "true fans" have given well in excess of $125,000,000 to the university. I think that makes them "exceptional fans" of the Bison.

Bisonfan1
10-06-2008, 02:40 PM

Totally agree, wont be long and I will be a blue hair. The message of this whole stand vs sit issue is not totally on the blue hairs. The issue is the young and old alike that are continually telling people to sit down, wrapping you on the head with their programs, or yanking you back down into your seat, EVEN during the 3rd downs when the jumbo tron says "on your feet" and the pa dude is screaming 3rd down, and the players are begging for people to get up and make some noise. That is the whole issue not the old and disabled.

If I have no right to tell them to stand up and cheer, they have no right to tell me to sit down, PERIOD.

Unfortunately there are seats in my Team Makers section that are not filled by season ticket holders, then are filled by the general public. Any trouble we have ever had is from one game wonders. Saturday found us with a jack ass sitting behind us that would not move his legs to let people through, was continually jamming his foot into my wife's behind untill we switched seats , then he proceeded to jam his foot up my ass until I finally told him "that is enough, stop it" and the comments about standing of course flowed from his dead butt lips.

NDSU is well aware that section 20 and 21 are promoting the 12th man concept, so why are they continually putting the old, meek, disabled, disgrunteled, knitters, book readers, whiners, bitchers into those sections ???
FYI - I limited my standing as much as possible, and when I did stand too long it was because the jerk had his foot stuffed into my chair, so he was his own worst enemy. Time to reorganize and get the 12th man club where it can do the most good to help the team and where anyone can go that likes to participate in the game and not sit on their fat butts and golf clap all game. BTW section 20 and 21 got a false start credit Saturday - GOOD JOB

Fire Away -

rutlandbison
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Because your tuition is paying for your education. There are people out there that donate based on the teams performance. Apparently there are several donors out there withholding in excess of $2million until the football team earns a playoff spot. So yes, these are the people paying for wins, not you. Tuition pays for your schooling.

I guess i should have specified better, I mean we as students have right to stand, yell and do whatever over there. But when you get some people in the luxury boxes who there there sh*t dont stink it takes the fun out of it. I was in section 16 right above the box and the people who were sitting above the box next to me got yelled at and just sat there the rest of the game. What was that all about. If you get a box in the student section you should know what your getting into over there. Thousands of drunk kids at a game that isnt going very well.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-06-2008, 04:30 PM
hahaha glad i wasn't standing in that same spot, they def would of got an ear full from me.

WestDakotaBison
10-06-2008, 04:38 PM
I guess i should have specified better, I mean we as students have right to stand, yell and do whatever over there. But when you get some people in the luxury boxes who there there sh*t dont stink it takes the fun out of it. I was in section 16 right above the box and the people who were sitting above the box next to me got yelled at and just sat there the rest of the game. What was that all about. If you get a box in the student section you should know what your getting into over there. Thousands of drunk kids at a game that isnt going very well.

Right...and I agree with you, nobody has any business telling anybody to sit down, but then on the other hand nobody has any business telling somebody to stand up either. People need to realize that you are at a sporting event, you will have your crazy fans, your drunk students, your casual fans and of course as I have been called, the "pompous A$$es and rich bastards." now if we could only all co-exist.

rutlandbison
10-06-2008, 04:39 PM
hahaha glad i wasn't standing in that same spot, they def would of got an ear full from me.

The people in the box below me were cool, they laughed everytime we would cuss and yell so that was nice. But i kinda wanted to go yell at the people in the other box.