PDA

View Full Version : WIU Predicitions

Bison101
10-05-2008, 08:15 PM
This may be a bit early again, but....

I predict-

WIU- 28
NDSU- 38.

WIU's running game is dominant, and we certainly didn't show that we can stop the run. We get out if Mertens has a good game and Roehl stays healthy.

Mr. Burgundy
10-05-2008, 09:06 PM
pretty wild thinking that they are going after a 245 lb running back after preparing for a 5'5 kid who probably was about 145 this week. Should be a fantastic ballgame. I was going to start a thread about this....but HOW GOOD/FUN is MV Football? Just a blast. Never a week off. Fun to see great games week after week.

A1pigskin
10-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Bison 34
WIU 31

A field goal will determine this game. Hopefully we will blow there ass away.

RunDMc34
10-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Umm Indiana St is a week off..... ok other than that never a week off

RunDMc34
10-05-2008, 09:10 PM
NDSU - 35
Western - 24

2 ints by the D save the day

Bison101
10-05-2008, 10:29 PM
NDSU - 35
Western - 24

2 ints by the D save the day

But hopefully, Mertens will not need someone to save the day.....:)

ndsubison1
10-05-2008, 11:32 PM
NDSU 34 WIU 20 for now

Is there a WIU board?

tjbison
10-05-2008, 11:41 PM
NDSU 34 WIU 20 for now

Is there a WIU board?

Here you go!

http://www.leathernecknation.com/

ndsubison1
10-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Here you go!

http://www.leathernecknation.com/

props to you :bow:

CaBisonFan
10-05-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm not touching this. :smh:

A1pigskin
10-06-2008, 12:54 AM
There are a lot of You Tube videos of WIU Football.

bisonpride4ever
10-06-2008, 03:42 AM
Herb Donaldson was a man on Saturday vs Missouri State 41 carries, 273 yds and 4TDs. he also caught 2 passes for 20yds, which normally big deal, but considering Western Illinois only passed for 61yds. The Leathernecks backup, Dre Gibbs, had 126yds and a TD on only 9 carries. Both backs are each 5-11 225lbs. run D will have to step up saturday.

roadwarrior
10-06-2008, 03:48 AM
Donaldson had 19 carries for 97 yards against us last year in Macomb.

bisonpride4ever
10-06-2008, 03:53 AM
im just saying if our run defense continues to struggle like it has been we could be in trouble. hopefully we tackle better or they can really hurt us bad

NDSUdonny
10-06-2008, 07:22 AM
I went to the WIU board and commented, but nobody is talking on there yet, so you guys should go comment, too.
I'm going to say NDSU 38-27... Maybe not that close if we can play defense like we did in the second half on saturday (except for the stupid penalties). The hugs holes that SIU's offensive line was creating in the first half reminded me too much of the YSU game, so I hope we can hold Donaldson in check...Also their fullback (Milton) is hurt, but idk if he is out, so that could be a big factor if they are missing Donaldson's lead blocker.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Bison 34
WIU 31

A field goal will determine this game. Hopefully we will blow there ass away.

uh oh....hope we don't have to rely on one :hide:

NDSUFan_Sav
10-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Umm Indiana St is a week off..... ok other than that never a week off

can you really say that??? youngstown just lost to southern utah...youngstown put up a good fight with us and look what we've done to S. Utah

BisoninNWMN
10-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I think the run defense will be fine for this game. WIU's running game is totally different than YSU and SIU. They are like the Bison .....straight ahead, coming right at you.

Bison 38-17

Bison Dan
10-06-2008, 12:12 PM
im just saying if our run defense continues to struggle like it has been we could be in trouble. hopefully we tackle better or they can really hurt us bad

We held both SIU backs to 60 yards each for the game - why is everyone whinning about the run game D? SIU had only 41 yards for the second half before their last drive.

NorthernBison
10-06-2008, 01:04 PM
I feel better about our ability to stop this type of running game. It seems we have trouble with the little waterbugs (5-3 150) than the big power backs.

We have had trouble catching the little guys.

WIU was very physical last year and I expect nothing less this year. In the game last year, I was concerned until they pulled that bonehead trick play before the half that gave us some cheap points.

If we play well, we win because I think we are the better team. We really need to play with a lead. The way WIU runs the ball, this game will get shortened considerably. Fewer possessions means a need to convert them into points.

bisonpride4ever
10-06-2008, 01:12 PM
We held both SIU backs to 60 yards each for the game - why is everyone whinning about the run game D? SIU had only 41 yards for the second half before their last drive.

i guess its not so much the run D, i just think we should tackle better than we have been. we need to finally be able to play a FULL game of good defense and tackling

bri-dog
10-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I predict that I'll fly in from Denver for the game. I predict I'll have a blast tailgating and run into a few of you guys again (I've met a few of you). Oh yeah, almost forgot -- Bison 35, WIU 24.

X-Factor
10-06-2008, 01:49 PM
I wonder if Coach Bohl is seriously considering having a defender strictly account for Donaldson and nothing else. It seemed to me that one of the SIU defenders did exactly that for The Diesel, maybe it would work for us?

bisonmike2
10-06-2008, 04:45 PM
the key to this game will be our offense. if we can stay on the field and hold possesion with long drives, we'll keep Herb & Spices (it's weak but I'm going with that as a nickname for the W. Illinois offense) of the field and we should win. Hopefully the second half of last weeks game is now the standard for the Bison.

Bison15
10-06-2008, 04:50 PM
NDSU 24
WIU 17

Rush defense is key. We can stop North & South running. Its the shifty ones we have to worry about.

Gully
10-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Ndsu 37
Wiu 27

Mr. Burgundy
10-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Anyone miss Joe Mays in a game like this???

RunDMc34
10-07-2008, 12:05 AM
i think i miss Joe Mays finishing tackles always... but this week with a load like Herb we will need to man up and hit.

Jdubs21
10-07-2008, 02:41 AM
this will be a one score game and decided in the last few minutes of the game...unsure of my prediction just yet im thinkin 31-28ish

spelunker64
10-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Ndsu>wiu

31-17

Bison bison
10-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Predicting Bison games is like picking which way the stock market is going to go on a given day.

NDSUstudent
10-07-2008, 06:04 PM
I think the defense figured things out in the 2nd half, they have all the talent in the world and I think they back that performance up with a complete game.

Offensively Mertens has another effective game, spreading the ball around to a host of Bison and keeps his mistakes to a minimum. Roehl goes for 100 yards and Bibeau even makes a few field goals.

Bison 27
WIU 13

McBison
10-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Knowing nothing about the leathernecks...

Half Time= SU-0 WIU-10

End of the 4th= SU-21 WIU-10

HandoEX
10-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Half Time= SU-0 WIU-10

End of the 4th= SU-21 WIU-10
Sounds about right!

ndsubison1
10-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Our coaching staff needs to get a lot more credit, there's a big difference between being a good coach and not being able to make adjustments then being an okay coach and being able to make adjustments. We just happen to have a phenominal coaching staff that happens to be very good at making adjustments. The SIU coaching staff was completely outcoached in the 2nd half and it showed... Coach Bohl, Perles, and Garza did a hell of a job making those adjustments in the 2nd half... SIU wasn't able to recover after that.

SDbison
10-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I predict the Bison will defeat WIU. Hopefully by a couple TD's.

d3boys
10-07-2008, 10:41 PM
when has anybody predicted a bison loss?

ndsubison1
10-08-2008, 02:35 AM
I'm gonna change my prediction, I'll say NDSU 31 WIU 26

Scooter1
10-09-2008, 04:48 AM
Bison 41
W Ill 21

NDSU is better than most think. Don't doubt their abilities. Youngstown played great and we played terrible, we got it out of our system so we are ready to go for the rest of the year. I was a little apprehensive playing the Salukis after two losses and a bye week. I knew that we would come out flat and we did. However, even coming out flat, the half time score could very easily have been 13-13. The Salukis were a very good team but very undisciplined. When we scored to make it 21-20 I knew we had this game in the bag. Our defense just needs to stop giving up 10-15 yards on third down...I say if you have guys that you bring in on third down in a third and long situation and they continually let you down, play the opponent strait up with the guys that created the third and long. If they get the first down, I guess we get the same result as the guys you use in this situation anyway, so what is the difference?

NDSU1980
10-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I'll weigh in at 28-26 Herd. Hopefully we don't need any field goals.

UTH
10-09-2008, 02:43 PM
WIU loses.

Tatanka
10-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Bovine > Canine. Tatanka loses voice. Score irrelevant.

runtheoption
10-09-2008, 03:31 PM
DITKA on the NDSU sideline. Mertens lines up under center, Jangula at FB, Roehl at TB. Mertens sticks the ball in Jangula's gut, pulls it out at the last second as Jangula runs over the Leatherneck noseguard. Mertens sprints down the line and around the Leatherneck DE/OLB as Wurzbacher stays on his man perfectly. Mertens then gets into the Leatherneck secondary, and just as he is getting hit by the 2 WIU safeties, he pitches to a perfectly placed Roehl. Roehl streaks down the WIU sideline towards the endzone, scoring an 80 yard TD on the first play from scrimmage.

NDSU -- 113
WIU -- 6

Donaldson scores a TD on the last play of the game. By this time, Bohl has pulled the drunkards/rowdies from Section 20 and 21 to play D for the 4th quarter. Herd Mentality and SDbison combine to block the extra point.

UTH
10-09-2008, 03:38 PM
DITKA on the NDSU sideline. Mertens lines up under center, Jangula at FB, Roehl at TB. Mertens sticks the ball in Jangula's gut, pulls it out at the last second as Jangula runs over the Leatherneck noseguard. Mertens sprints down the line and around the Leatherneck DE/OLB as Wurzbacher stays on his man perfectly. Mertens then gets into the Leatherneck secondary, and just as he is getting hit by the 2 WIU safeties, he pitches to a perfectly placed Roehl. Roehl streaks down the WIU sideline towards the endzone, scoring an 80 yard TD on the first play from scrimmage.

NDSU -- 113
WIU -- 6

Donaldson scores a TD on the last play of the game. By this time, Bohl has pulled the drunkards/rowdies from Section 20 and 21 to play D for the 4th quarter. Herd Mentality and SDbison combine to block the extra point.

You mean a little like this [linky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnb1gnotLr8)]?

runtheoption
10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Gosh UNDTH, I've never seen that play before...

BlueBisonRock
10-09-2008, 03:47 PM
You mean a little like this [linky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnb1gnotLr8)]?

I will never get tired of watching that play! Thanks!

UTH
10-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Gosh UNDTH, I've never seen that play before...

Like BBR says, it never gets old... [linky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnb1gnotLr8)]

Gully
10-09-2008, 03:54 PM

NDSU -- 113
WIU -- 6

I feel so left out. BTW, I blogged your mom.

runtheoption
10-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I feel so left out. BTW, I blogged your mom.

I forgot to mention in my prediction that you get to play in the secondary for the 4th quarter, recording 10 tackles and getting the attention of all the hot cheerleaders and any of my ex's that happen to be watching. Bowbells In the House!!

My mom thought you were kinda quiet at the game.

BisonNeil
10-09-2008, 04:45 PM
David Coulson's, of the SportsNetwork, prediction for the game:

No. 17 Western Illinois (3-2, 1-1) at No.11 North Dakota State (3-2, 1-1), 7p.m.

North Dakota State and Western Illinois have only met once prior to Saturday's contest, however, in its first season as a league member, North Dakota State and Western Illinois find the second much more meaningful than last season's 41-28 win by the Bison in Macomb, IL.

North Dakota State is coming off its best win of the season, defeating then-13th ranked Southern Illinois (35-27) at the Fargo Dome to snap a two-game losing streak.

The Bison have been among the most-balanced attacks offensively in the FCS, ranking 14th in total offense (429 yards per game), 32nd in passing offense (241 yards per game) and 21st in rush offense (188 yards per game).

Running back Tyler Roehl (407 yards and four TDs), despite battling an ankle sprain, continues to be North Dakota State's most potent offense weapon. Kole Heckendorf (423 yards receiving and three TD's) remains signal-caller Nick Mertens' (1,196 yards, 10 TDs and eight interceptions) favorite target.

The Bison have been strong again on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 14th nationally in total defense (287 yards per game), but have struggled against the run (92nd at 183 yards per game). Senior linebacker Ramon Humber has the Bison with 47 tackles.

Western Illinois has been productive offensively again this season, especially in last week's win over Missouri State (33-21), rolling up a 500-yard outing (524 yards) for the third time.

The Leathernecks rank sixth in the FCS in total offense (453 yards per game) and fourth in rushing offense (279 yards), due in large part to Payton Award candidate Herb Donaldson (830 rushing yards and 12 TDs). Donaldson set a Missouri Valley Conference record with 273 yards on 41 carries, last week. He also scored four TD's.

The passing game has been effective when it has needed to be under the direction of an improving Matt Barr (848 passing yards, five TDs and one interception).

The Leathernecks have been a bend-but-dont-break unit on defense, ranking 14th in scoring defense (17.4 points per game). Leading the charge is Buchanan Award candidate Jason Williams (32 tackles, three sacks, four forced fumbles and three pass break-ups).

Western Illinois will be looking for revenge for last season and the Leathernecks should be able to grind out a win against an NDSU squad that has struggled on the road this year.

Western Illinois 17, North Dakota State 14

More predicitions for FCS here:

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4184343

BisonNeil
10-09-2008, 04:47 PM

Aaaahhhhh, the Immaculate Pitch, I remember it well.

Very appropriate. As I recall, the Bison were 2-2 that year as well.

NDSUstudent
10-09-2008, 05:32 PM

No. 17 Western Illinois (3-2, 1-1) at No.11 North Dakota State (3-2, 1-1), 7p.m.

North Dakota State and Western Illinois have only met once prior to Saturday's contest, however, in its first season as a league member, North Dakota State and Western Illinois find the second much more meaningful than last season's 41-28 win by the Bison in Macomb, IL.

North Dakota State is coming off its best win of the season, defeating then-13th ranked Southern Illinois (35-27) at the Fargo Dome to snap a two-game losing streak.

The Bison have been among the most-balanced attacks offensively in the FCS, ranking 14th in total offense (429 yards per game), 32nd in passing offense (241 yards per game) and 21st in rush offense (188 yards per game).

Running back Tyler Roehl (407 yards and four TDs), despite battling an ankle sprain, continues to be North Dakota State's most potent offense weapon. Kole Heckendorf (423 yards receiving and three TD's) remains signal-caller Nick Mertens' (1,196 yards, 10 TDs and eight interceptions) favorite target.

The Bison have been strong again on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 14th nationally in total defense (287 yards per game), but have struggled against the run (92nd at 183 yards per game). Senior linebacker Ramon Humber has the Bison with 47 tackles.

Western Illinois has been productive offensively again this season, especially in last week's win over Missouri State (33-21), rolling up a 500-yard outing (524 yards) for the third time.

The Leathernecks rank sixth in the FCS in total offense (453 yards per game) and fourth in rushing offense (279 yards), due in large part to Payton Award candidate Herb Donaldson (830 rushing yards and 12 TDs). Donaldson set a Missouri Valley Conference record with 273 yards on 41 carries, last week. He also scored four TD's.

The passing game has been effective when it has needed to be under the direction of an improving Matt Barr (848 passing yards, five TDs and one interception).

The Leathernecks have been a bend-but-dont-break unit on defense, ranking 14th in scoring defense (17.4 points per game). Leading the charge is Buchanan Award candidate Jason Williams (32 tackles, three sacks, four forced fumbles and three pass break-ups).

Western Illinois will be looking for revenge for last season and the Leathernecks should be able to grind out a win against an NDSU squad that has struggled on the road this year.

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4184343

Our road struggles have what to do with this game?

Sometimes I wonder if Coulson even bothers to read what he writes.

bisonmike2
10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Our road struggles have what to do with this game?

Sometimes I wonder if Coulson even bothers to read what he writes.

at least he got the two teams right and this time he got players that are playing this year. I was waiting to read about how he expects RB Kyle Steffes to carry much of the load or comment on how Steve Walker has struggled recently.

NDSUstudent
10-09-2008, 05:50 PM
at least he got the two teams right and this time he got players that are playing this year. I was waiting to read about how he expects RB Kyle Steffes to carry much of the load or comment on how Steve Walker has struggled recently.

Yeah, he is getting better but he still picked the Bison to lose at home.

bisonmike2
10-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah, he is getting better but he still picked the Bison to lose at home.

technically he's picking the Bison to lose on the road. I wonder if he'd flop on his pick if he actually took the time to find out the NDSU is hosting the game?

NDSUstudent
10-09-2008, 06:07 PM
technically he's picking the Bison to lose on the road. I wonder if he'd flop on his pick if he actually took the time to find out the NDSU is hosting the game?

He might, he did take us over SIU last week. His whole prediction confuses me, at the top he wrote WIU at NDSU and then he said NDSU struggles on the road but mentions nothing specifically about our struggles on the road or success at home(you would think he would say something if thought we were at home) in his analysis.

bisonmike2
10-09-2008, 06:17 PM
He might, he did take us over SIU last week. His whole prediction confuses me, at the top he wrote WIU at NDSU and then he said NDSU struggles on the road but mentions nothing specifically about our struggles on the road or success at home(you would think he would say something if thought we were at home) in his analysis.

I would bet money that he thinks we are on the road this week.

bri-dog
10-09-2008, 06:24 PM
In the first line he says "No. 17 Western Illinois (3-2, 1-1) at No.11 North Dakota State (3-2, 1-1), 7p.m.".

I'll give him a break on the game time, but I guess the mifth fartini, I mean fifth martini, got to him by the end of the story or something...

ndsubison1
10-09-2008, 08:36 PM

What a tool... Coulson that is

Chosen1s
10-09-2008, 11:04 PM
good guys 31 bad guys 24. Bison will be too much on the ground, and the Fargodome will be too loud for the leathernecks!

d3boys
10-10-2008, 12:38 AM
we win!!!!!!

IzzyFlexion
10-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Bison: 214
Bears: 82.
Ditka: 40.
(Buttless) LeatherChaps: 0.