PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back Herd

CaBisonFan
10-04-2008, 09:19 PM
We're baaaacccckkkkk.

Legitimate Top 10 team....legitimate conference contender.

We will improve every week. In our better moments, we look like an FBS team...and we dwarf the other team.

It wasn't just a win. It was the evolution of a very talented team...like Phil Hansen said today...the play was elevated.

westnodak93bison
10-04-2008, 09:22 PM
man I was about ready to start breaking $hit in the first half, now can we just get rid of the dumb penalties please!

IzzyFlexion
10-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Historic day for the Herd....1st MVAC win.

IzzyFlexion
10-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Games of interest....Weber State 38, Montana 21 early in the fourth. and, SDSU tied with McNeese State at 24 also in the 4th

Shawn-O
10-04-2008, 09:39 PM
We're baaaacccckkkkk.

We will improve every week. In our better moments, we look like an FBS team...and we dwarf the other team.

It wasn't just a win. It was the evolution of a very talented team...like Phil Hansen said today...the play was elevated.

You'll be fortunate to win a MVFC road game this season. IF Roehl can stay healthy, maybe you'll squeak past Missouri State.

rutlandbison
10-04-2008, 09:45 PM
You'll be fortunate to win a MVFC road game this season. IF Roehl can stay healthy, maybe you'll squeak past Missouri State.

Wow........ and you will be lucky to get past a real FCS team

IzzyFlexion
10-04-2008, 09:46 PM

Give me your reason(s)...........

tony
10-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Er, I don't think NDSU is a legitimate Top 10 team... yet.

Getting Mike Maresh back really helps - all the guy does is tackle.

SirHinn
10-04-2008, 09:50 PM
We're baaaacccckkkkk.

Dwarf the other team? FBS team? I think you drank too much Bisongatorade during the game. You speak as if the bison absolutely killed the salukis. Until the bison get more consistant play out of the QB position, they will win and win only by running the ball.

Bisonips
10-04-2008, 09:51 PM

I wouldn't call a road win 'fortunate' for us...Luck will have nothing to do with it. I agree that it will not be a stroll in the park as our conference schedule is proving that it will be a difficult road. Roehl's health is a critical part of our success - Nobody on our squad gets some of the yards that he got today. If Mertens can make good decisions and stay away from turnovers, we'll be in every game. Basing our potential success on 'luck' is ignorant and maybe a little bit of anger or resentment on your part seeing former coaches in action today. (Whom BTW I do have a lot of respect for) Had we not made the comeback we made today, this team would be a defeated bunch and our fans would be angry...now we have another week to look forward to. Go Bison.

IzzyFlexion
10-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Dwarf the other team? FBS team? I think you drank too much Bisongatorade during the game. You speak as if the bison absolutely killed the salukis. Until the bison get more consistant play out of the QB position, they will win and win only by running the ball.

Nice change of direction by Nick, though. (no picks was a crazy huge key today)..let's hope it's a trend.

IzzyFlexion
10-04-2008, 09:55 PM
McNeese state beat the Jacks.

IzzyFlexion
10-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Shawn-O????

IzzyFlexion
10-04-2008, 09:59 PM

Shawn-O????

Oh for Christ's sake...at least stick around to defend yourself!

d3boys
10-04-2008, 10:08 PM
another jealous sioux fan

MOTBison
10-04-2008, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't call a road win 'fortunate' for us...Luck will have nothing to do with it. I agree that it will not be a stroll in the park as our conference schedule is proving that it will be a difficult road. Roehl's health is a critical part of our success - Nobody on our squad gets some of the yards that he got today. If Mertens can make good decisions and stay away from turnovers, we'll be in every game. Basing our potential success on 'luck' is ignorant and maybe a little bit of anger or resentment on your part seeing former coaches in action today. (Whom BTW I do have a lot of respect for) Had we not made the comeback we made today, this team would be a defeated bunch and our fans would be angry...now we have another week to look forward to. Go Bison.

I agree that we would have alot of angy and disapointed people.

Shawn-O
10-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Relax dude...I've got other things going on other than anxiously awaiting your response.

NDSU is the Tyler Roehl Show right now, and not much else. That won't cut it for eight games in that league.

NDSUstudent
10-04-2008, 10:10 PM

I'll take 16 of 24 for 195 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTS any day of the week, lets just give the QB stuff a rest for one week. Please...

VegasBison
10-04-2008, 10:12 PM
McNeese state beat the Jacks.

Tied at 38 going into the 3rd OT.

IzzyFlexion
10-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Relax dude...I've got other things going on other than anxiously awaiting your response.

NDSU is the Tyler Roehl Show right now, and not much else. That won't cut it for eight games in that league.

I couldn't be more relaxed. (8 Jack & waters and a Bison win).
Tyler Roehl show? OK, but co-starring, Jangula, Heckendorf, Humber, Henry, Paschall, etc., etc., etc.
Oh, and by the way, I was awaiting YOUR response.

NDSUstudent
10-04-2008, 10:18 PM
It wasn't the Tyler Roehl show, we won that game as a team offensively.

IzzyFlexion
10-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Tied at 38 going into the 3rd OT.
WTF, my espn ticker said it was a final with Mcneese over SDSU by 7.

bisonaudit
10-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Lets see if we can't play 60 minutes in a conference game before we go giving ourselves a playoff spot shall we.

NDSUstudent
10-04-2008, 10:19 PM

McNeese is up by 8 in 3OT

NDSUstudent
10-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Jacks lose by 2 in 3OT

IzzyFlexion
10-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Now it says it's a final: McNeese 46, SDSU 44...is that accurate? Looks like I've fallen victim to my own sig line!

IBleedYellow
10-04-2008, 10:31 PM
If we can keep Mertens with 0 INT, I'll be happy. I still wish that he would continue to get a better head on him, though. He seems to get flustered fast when he's rushed, and the pocket closes.

SportsLover
10-04-2008, 10:37 PM
We still have a lot to do. Our defense needs to stop the run. The last three weeks we have been getting ran over. Next week we face another very good running back. He is a big tough runner. Mertens did better but still had a couple bad passes he should have made but no interceptions was a good thing to see and it should help his confidence for next week. It was a good win this week but we have to clean up the penalties. Im looking forward to next week.

NDSUstudent
10-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Defense finally found itself in the 2nd half...

They gave up just 36 yards rushing and 89 yards passing. Next week will be big test with a top 5 FCS back coming to our house.

As for Mertens he did good, 16 of 24 for 195 yards, 2 TDs, and completions to 7 different players is a nice line. That is what you want to see from a QB in the west coast offense.

SirHinn
10-04-2008, 10:53 PM
I'll take 16 of 24 for 195 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTS any day of the week, lets just give the QB stuff a rest for one week. Please...

No one said Nick Mertens had a bad day, the discussion was that NDSU needs CONSISTANT qb play. If NDSU can get zero turnovers every game out of the QB, they are getting exactly what they want. It's not like he has to throw for 300 yards a game, he just can't have 2 or 3 pics. He performed well today, hopefully he can do that on a consistant basis.

NDSUstudent
10-04-2008, 10:59 PM
No one said Nick Mertens had a bad day, the discussion was that NDSU needs CONSISTANT qb play. If NDSU can get zero turnovers every game out of the QB, they are getting exactly what they want. It's not like he has to throw for 300 yards a game, he just can't have 2 or 3 pics. He performed well today, hopefully he can do that on a consistant basis.

I can agree 100% with that.

SportsLover
10-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Ya but we cant stop the run for just one half. It has to be the whole game. I didnt say Murtons had a bad game i just said he had a couple bad passes. Like that time we were on around the 20 yard line it was third down and he had room to run for the first down but threw it and overthrew i think jangula

NDSUstudent
10-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Ya but we cant stop the run for just one half. It has to be the whole game. I didnt say Murtons had a bad game i just said he had a couple bad passes. Like that time we were on around the 20 yard line it was third down and he had room to run for the first down but threw it and overthrew i think jangula

We stopped the run when we had to, that was something that didn't happen last game. As for Mertens, I was just talking about his game, nothing was really in response to your post.

X-Factor
10-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Defense finally found itself in the 2nd half...

They gave up just 36 yards rushing and 89 yards passing. Next week will be big test with a top 5 FCS back coming to our house.

As for Mertens he did good, 16 of 24 for 195 yards, 2 TDs, and completions to 7 different players is a nice line. That is what you want to see from a QB in the west coast offense.

17/25 231yrd 68% 2TD

I noticed a big difference in how the utilized the passing game compared to the previous 4 games. This is West Coast football :nod:

BTW, Bison defense had better do some more work on tackling....Donaldson racked up 273+ yards today against Missouri State. Total beast of a RB. Granted, it is lowly Missouri State, but anytime you get that kind of yardage it is impressive.

X-Factor
10-04-2008, 11:06 PM

Murtons? For real? :blush:

NDSUstudent
10-04-2008, 11:12 PM
17/25 231yrd 68% 2TD

I noticed a big difference in how the utilized the passing game compared to the previous 4 games. This is West Coast football :nod:

BTW, Bison defense had better do some more work on tackling....Donaldson racked up 273+ yards today against Missouri State. Total beast of a RB. Granted, it is lowly Missouri State, but anytime you get that kind of yardage it is impressive.

Yep, nice mix of passes to a lot of players, today's performance was what I was expecting out of the offense this year.

SportsLover
10-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Sorry Mertens i had spelled it right on my first post. My bad

tony
10-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Sorry Mertens i had spelled it right on my first post. My bad

Hehe, I thought you might have been messing with me - because I had just got done posting that misspelling player names was a pet peeve :)

NDSU1980
10-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Overall I thought it was a good game and a come back in true Bison form. One thing though, I'm about ready to throw Bibeau under the bus. It's getting to the point I just assume he's going to miss when he kicks more then 25 yards. Hate to criticize any of our boys, but he's not on my good side any more. Sorry. What have we recruited for kickers lately?

CaBisonFan
10-04-2008, 11:29 PM

In our better moments...which would suggest that we still don't play consistently.

CaBisonFan
10-04-2008, 11:34 PM

Most Bison fans are aware of how important Tyler is to the team.

Are you upset about your old coaching staff losing today? Is that why you're here?

Got it.

The closest thing you can get to a game with us.

Bisonguy
10-04-2008, 11:37 PM
The Bison looked a lot better in the second half(and late first half), but there's still a few things to work out before they're a top 10 IMO:

-better tackling
-better kicking
-whatever the heck the reason the QB/WR's look like they were on different pages of the playbook at times needs to be resolved.

CaBisonFan
10-04-2008, 11:37 PM
I couldn't be more relaxed. (8 Jack & waters and a Bison win).
Tyler Roehl show? OK, but co-starring, Jangula, Heckendorf, Humber, Henry, Paschall, etc., etc., etc.
Oh, and by the way, I was awaiting YOUR response.

Right on izzy.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CaBisonFan
10-04-2008, 11:39 PM
The Bison looked a lot better in the second half(and late first half), but there's still a few things to work out before they're a top 10 IMO:

-better tackling
-better kicking
-whatever the heck the reason the QB/WR's look like they were on different pages of the playbook at times needs to be resolved.

I would agree with that. If we can't get better with the QB/WR thing...we remain pretty one-dimensional.

CaBisonFan
10-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Overall I thought it was a good game and a come back in true Bison form. One thing though, I'm about ready to throw Bibeau under the bus. It's getting to the point I just assume he's going to miss when he kicks more then 25 yards. Hate to criticize any of our boys, but he's not on my good side any more. Sorry. What have we recruited for kickers lately?

He certainly had a rough day today. Could have been a game loser.

NDSU1980
10-04-2008, 11:45 PM
He certainly had a rough day today. Could have been a game loser.

Every game for him is a rough game. One game I could understand, but he's missing way too often.

d3boys
10-05-2008, 12:02 AM
there will definitely be a kicker recruited next year
this has been a very inconsistent year for our kicker so far

Da_Bison
10-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Now, if we only had a kicker that could make a field goal. 9 more points SHOULD be on the board.

CaBisonFan
10-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Now, if we only had a kicker that could make a field goal. 9 more points SHOULD be on the board.

I agree

After we scored the second touchdown, those 9 points looked REALLY important.

A game or two will come where 3 points will matter a TON.

CaBisonFan
10-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Every game for him is a rough game. One game I could understand, but he's missing way too often.

I'm not going to argue with that.

A1pigskin
10-05-2008, 12:48 AM
I am glad we won today. This should build confidence back into our team. However, there are more things to work on.
Too many missed tackles.
Too many missed field goals (this is very critical).
Defense needs to keep working on stoping the run.
We can't get stupid and draw penalties.

I was happy with Mertens today.

IzzyFlexion
10-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Gotta be pleased with the punting though eh guys?

IzzyFlexion
10-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Gotta be pleased with the punting though eh guys?

Granted, only one boot today, but a good one. (inside the 20) And good performance over the last few games.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-05-2008, 12:53 AM
man I was about ready to start breaking $hit in the first half, now can we just get rid of the dumb penalties please!

i broke my hate on the stairways in the first half hahhaha

NDSUFan_Sav
10-05-2008, 12:54 AM

wow you're a f'in prick.....

Jay
10-05-2008, 01:01 AM
We're baaaacccckkkkk.

Well CA, you weren't there... so you have no idea. We looked like a JV squad the first half... so I disagree with your assessment of us being a legitimate top 10 team, and us looking like a FBS team. Yes, at times, we are a dominant team.. but lets put 4 quarters together before we start drinking your koolaid.

But yes, the 2nd half we were dominant. That was the best half of football I have seen in 2 years.

IzzyFlexion
10-05-2008, 01:02 AM

Good grief, Shawn-O, hurry up and defend your point before I sober up! Is it past your bedtime?

Jay
10-05-2008, 01:02 AM

Did you watch the first half????

IzzyFlexion
10-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Sure did. Missed field goals, poor tackling. Had confidence in our stellar coaching staff that adjustments would be made at half-time, and that appeares to have occurred.

Shawn-O
10-05-2008, 01:09 AM
Are you upset about your old coaching staff losing today? Is that why you're here?

My team had a bye week, so I wouldn't call it "upset", but more like a reason to pay attention. So when I read nonsense like this:

In our better moments, we look like an FBS team...and we dwarf the other team.

I just HAD to respond. :D

Also, it's my honest opinion.

THEsocalledfan
10-05-2008, 01:16 AM
My team had a bye week, so I wouldn't call it "upset", but more like a reason to pay attention. So when I read nonsense like this:

I just HAD to respond. :D

Also, it's my honest opinion.

No Truck fan is honest.....otherwise, they would acknowledge the supremacy of NDSU and bow before our feet. Did UND find a way to doctor the final enrollment numbers to still be bigger than NDSU?

Jay
10-05-2008, 01:25 AM

What does he have to defend Izzy? That second half saved our season. You should only get that confident if we put 4 quarters together.

Jay
10-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Sure did. Missed field goals, poor tackling. Had confidence in our stellar coaching staff that adjustments would be made at half-time, and that appeares to have occurred.

Maybe next time before you and CA guzzle all of the drinks, we can play 4 quarters of solid football.

Shawn-O
10-05-2008, 01:32 AM
No Truck fan is honest.....otherwise, they would acknowledge the supremacy of NDSU and bow before our feet. Did UND find a way to doctor the final enrollment numbers to still be bigger than NDSU?

Nah..your mass influx of ACT 14's finally carried the day...congrats!*

*Cue that nerd Hammersmith with the statistical analysis!

CaBisonFan
10-05-2008, 01:33 AM
What does he have to defend Izzy? That second half saved our season. You should only get that confident if we put 4 quarters together.

Shawnee was only here to smack. He deserves worse.

Anyone watching the game knows that we had only a partial game.

The last real full game was last October in the baggie.

Today was possibly a beginning.

BisoninNWMN
10-05-2008, 01:35 AM
Nah..your mass influx of ACT 14's finally carried the day...congrats!*

*Cue that nerd Hammersmith with the statistical analysis!

Let me guess....your attempt at humor:blush:

Shawn-O
10-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Maybe next time before you and CA guzzle all of the drinks, we can play 4 quarters of solid football.

That's okay gobisontd. In CaBison's world, if you're not whistling zippidee-doo-dah up Thundar's a-hole, you're opinion's not credible here.

Jay
10-05-2008, 01:44 AM
That's okay gobisontd. In CaBison's world, if you're not whistling zippidee-doo-dah up Thundar's a-hole, you're opinion's not credible here.

Ding Ding! That's the reason I don't post here regularly!

THEsocalledfan
10-05-2008, 01:52 AM

Man, Shawn-O, what got into you today? I was starting to think you were a closet Bison fan or something, but now you seem to be back. You are approaching Kato nastiness. By the way, what ever happened to Kato?

extremerouge
10-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Ding Ding! That's the reason I don't post here regularly!
don't worry, we don't all drink the koolaid...

stevdock
10-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Please don't start getting to overconfident again Bison fans. Yes today was a huge win for us, but we've got 2 more in the upcoming weeks that will be at least as tough as that one today. They were saying after the game that the WIU game last year was the most physical/hardest hitting game of the season. And we have lots of improvement to make before we can start legitimately talking Top 10 again.

IzzyFlexion
10-05-2008, 02:19 AM

Being pessimistic or a hater doesn't make you hardcore. In my opinion the ability to adjust well enough to add two good quarters to two bad quarters and coming away with a W does show putting 4 quarters together. And if that makes me a Kool-Aid drinker, then I'll take grape, please.

NDSU1980
10-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Hey Shawno are the sioux ever going to win an actual D1 football game in GF? Just wondering.

rutlandbison
10-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Hey Shawno are the sioux ever going to win an actual D1 football game in GF? Just wondering.

They will be lucky to win one confrence game, whether on the the road or at home:p

SirHinn
10-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Please don't start getting to overconfident again Bison fans. Yes today was a huge win for us, but we've got 2 more in the upcoming weeks that will be at least as tough as that one today. They were saying after the game that the WIU game last year was the most physical/hardest hitting game of the season. And we have lots of improvement to make before we can start legitimately talking Top 10 again.

I never knew it hurt to be overconfident from a fan perspective. Call me crazy, but I thought being overconfidence would only be a problem from a player standpoint. Besides, they are the ones that have to make the actual plays.

Shawn-O
10-05-2008, 02:41 AM

Yep, and well before you ever host a playoff game at fargobohl.

NDSUstudent
10-05-2008, 02:45 AM

You do realize that SIU was a top 10 team? It wasn't Wisconsin Lacrosse playing at the Fargodome today.

IzzyFlexion
10-05-2008, 02:46 AM
I never knew it hurt to be overconfident from a fan perspective. Call me crazy, but I thought being overconfidence would only be a problem from a player standpoint. Besides, they are the ones that have to make the actual plays.
This is perhaps the best post I've ever seen regarding the role of the "fan". Very Nice SirHann.:bowdown:

IzzyFlexion
10-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Yep, and well before you ever host a playoff game at fargobohl.
That's Fargo-Mr. Bohl to you.

No_Skill
10-05-2008, 02:49 AM
In before the lock :D

http://lh3.ggpht.com/tigtog/RnxEr9Fj8fI/AAAAAAAAACU/oY3lg0ye9rY/s288/do_not_feed_trolls.jpg

bisoneer
10-05-2008, 03:01 AM

Looks like it was a hit and run, typical of those northern drunken teenage hockey players

bisoneer
10-05-2008, 03:14 AM

I totally agree, Mertens played well, his arm is a cannon. He throws it on a rope with the flick of his wrist! On the first half incompletions he was hurried or hit on nearly everyone (early he was smoked in the rib cage as he let it go, you try it and see how well you do after taking a smack like that!!) except on the last drive on the roll out he threw it away and in the end zone he threw it behing Belquist. Man, that Warner is quick, nobody could get a big smack on him like they wanted to.

UTH
10-05-2008, 03:31 AM

No need to even bother responding to that sort of crap from up north. If it were the other way around, those haters would be talking about how NDSU is now in a weak conference and the Bison deserve no respect for doing well in conference play. In other words, noone should even have to care to respond to such statements...

Shawn-O
10-05-2008, 03:35 AM
Looks like it was a hit and run, typical of those northern drunken teenage hockey players

What? I'm all over this thread (the most active one on Bisonville currently, BTW).

d3boys
10-05-2008, 03:43 AM
congratulations
if you had a real football team to follow you wouldnt have to be here

bisoneer
10-05-2008, 03:45 AM
What? I'm all over this thread (the most active one on Bisonville currently, BTW).

Go back to your own siox el crappo forum you trolling little bullhead, there you can make excuses for your hockey players who pee in elevators.

Jay
10-05-2008, 03:51 AM

I am as much as a Bison fan as anyone... but they beat us 4 out of the last 5 years we have played them.. so I don't think we can say much.

but................. Orygun Bison..... Sioux Suck!

Shawn-O
10-05-2008, 03:52 AM
Go back to your own siox el crappo forum you trolling little bullhead, there you can make excuses for your hockey players who pee in elevators.

Jeez, some of you are idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

Shawn-O
10-05-2008, 03:53 AM
congratulations
if you had a real football team to follow you wouldnt have to be here

I get this joint jumpin' like no other!!!!!

OtterTailLakeBison
10-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Shawn-0 is correct. He is all over this thread plus all over another thread at http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?showtopic=11253.

We will still welcome you following the Herd, just as we welcomed seeing those clever UND fans with Siouxluki shirts at the Dome who helped fund Bison athletics today. Priceless!!

I will also make two predictions....(1) UND will not win a road game in the MVFC this year and (2) a former UND coach will blow a 20 point lead in the FargoDome.

Shawn-O
10-05-2008, 03:58 AM
Shawn-0 is correct. He is all over this thread plus all over another thread at http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?showtopic=11253.

We will still welcome you following the Herd, just as we welcomed seeing those clever UND fans with Siouxluki shirts at the Dome who helped fund Bison athletics today. Priceless!!

I will also make two predictions....(1) UND will not win a road game in the MVFC this year and (2) a former UND coach will blow a 20 point lead in the FargoDome.

You bet. I went on record on the Sioux board, and I will walk the walk here, unlike other cowards on some message boards. I'm an old-timer on this board, newbie.

Jay
10-05-2008, 03:58 AM
Being pessimistic or a hater doesn't make you hardcore. In my opinion the ability to adjust well enough to add two good quarters to two bad quarters and coming away with a W does show putting 4 quarters together. And if that makes me a Kool-Aid drinker, then I'll take grape, please.

Me being pessimistic doesn't make me hardcore. Me loving the Bison, going to 95% of the games, being a teemmaker, alumnus, bleeding green and gold makes me hard core. Watching that first half was terrible. We may only have 3 losses the last two seasons, but we haven't put 4 quarters together since the middle of last year. Now if you want what I want, which is a home playoff game en route to a FCS title... you cannot let what happened in the first half happen on a regular basis. So I apologize for looking at the glass half empty, but I want us to put 4 quarters together before we start bonging grape kool-aid. (of which I found out you can't do in the parking lot today)

CarringtonBison
10-05-2008, 04:00 AM
how about we stop talking about them and enjoy the win!! Sick of checking out the new posts upon returning from the game and trying to trudge through a spewage of crap from Shawn O and the subsequent response. I have to get up in 4 hours to drive to Jackson Hole to shot some elk and muleys, so trying to catch up is proving to be difficult. (RANT OVER)

We looked like shit the first half, but came around and looked like the team we all expected from this year. However, we need to put 4 quarters together (without stupid penalties or turnovers). Then we need to do that on the road. Then we can start talking about being a top ten team. I think the season is at the upswing after the second half (got momentum from that), but it is still a long season.

Let Shawn O come and spout off (ignore him). He usually is a decent poster, but obviously someone pissed in his cheerios.

Jay
10-05-2008, 04:12 AM
how about we stop talking about them and enjoy the win!! Sick of checking out the new posts upon returning from the game and trying to trudge through a spewage of crap from Shawn O and the subsequent response. I have to get up in 4 hours to drive to Jackson Hole to shot some elk and muleys, so trying to catch up is proving to be difficult. (RANT OVER)

We looked like shit the first half, but came around and looked like the team we all expected from this year. However, we need to put 4 quarters together (without stupid penalties or turnovers). Then we need to do that on the road. Then we can start talking about being a top ten team. I think the season is at the upswing after the second half (got momentum from that), but it is still a long season.

Let Shawn O come and spout off (ignore him). He usually is a decent poster, but obviously someone pissed in his cheerios.

Well my Carrington friend and fellow CHS alumnus... I did enjoy the win, but I am sick and tired of some of the posters on this site automatically putting us in the elite of the FCS. I'm not saying we are not.. but like you said... lets put together a full game before we start judging this team. We are only as good as the 4 quarters we play. Luckily, the adjustments we made at halftime were unbelievable and couldn't have been better, and we came out on top.

Fight On, Oh Cardinals!

MN_BISON
10-05-2008, 04:34 AM
Shawn, what's the deal? Do you really have that big of a man crush on Dale? It amazes me how UND fans hang on to him, college coaches move on, I suggest some of you do the same. This would be like Bison fans holding on to Tim Miles, he's gone and the team moves on without him. I spoke with some really good UND fans today but some of them actually bought their tickets through SIU so they could sit with their fans, I don't get it and no, they weren't relatives of his. I did get a kick out of your thread over on SS, nice spelling of Bison, ya'll must really be having a hard time with NDSU on state wide TV while you sit at home during your two week bye waiting for Ellendale Bible College.

Jay
10-05-2008, 04:51 AM
You bet. I went on record on the Sioux board, and I will walk the walk here, unlike other cowards on some message boards. I'm an old-timer on this board, newbie.

Shawn-O... after reading some of your jargon on the suck forum... disregard some of the complimentary stuff I said to you......

P.S.: SIOUX SUCK!

CaBisonFan
10-05-2008, 05:08 AM
[quote=gobisontd;216219]Shawn-O... after reading some of your jargon on the suck forum... disregard some of the complimentary stuff I said to you......

It's the coach connection...having a meltdown on two different forums. Haven't gone to the other. Won't be either.

CaBisonFan
10-05-2008, 05:11 AM
Well my Carrington friend and fellow CHS alumnus... I did enjoy the win, but I am sick and tired of some of the posters on this site automatically putting us in the elite of the FCS. I'm not saying we are not.. but like you said... lets put together a full game before we start judging this team. We are only as good as the 4 quarters we play. Luckily, the adjustments we made at halftime were unbelievable and couldn't have been better, and we came out on top.

Fight On, Oh Cardinals!

I see your point.

Question: When was the last time that we saw a full or 3/4 game from the Bison? I can't remember the last time that we did it against a quality team.

Seriously...start a thread about your concerns. You have the right. Some people would bitch...but you'd have supporters too.

Here's what I saw today: Glimpses of the team that the Bison 'could' be...mixed with some of the BS that we've been watching since we beat Minnesota.

SirHinn
10-05-2008, 05:18 AM

You better just hope to god the team to the north doesn't get blown out against Dale otherwise you and your fellow buddies up north will really have to put your feet in your moufs! Just like the WAC, every game is a battle in this conference!

NDSUFREAK
10-05-2008, 05:34 AM
I see your point.

Question: When was the last time that we saw a full or 3/4 game from the Bison? I can't remember the last time that we did it against a quality team.

Seriously...start a thread about your concerns. You have the right. Some people would bitch...but you'd have supporters too.

Here's what I saw today: Glimpses of the team that the Bison 'could' be...mixed with some of the BS that we've been watching since we beat Minnesota.
couldnt agree more +++++

Shawn-O
10-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Wow. You won't win a road game this season in the Valley = having a meltdown? You people need help!

Shawn-O
10-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Shawn-O... after reading some of your jargon on the suck forum... disregard some of the complimentary stuff I said to you......

P.S.: SIOUX SUCK!

"BYE-sin" bothered you that much, eh?

Shawn-O
10-05-2008, 07:04 AM
You better just hope to god the team to the north doesn't get blown out against Dale otherwise you and your fellow buddies up north will really have to put your feet in your moufs! Just like the WAC, every game is a battle in this conference!

I'm quaking in my boots.

ndsubison1
10-05-2008, 07:26 AM

Seriously, move on, why do Sioux fans care about the Bison so much? That's all they care about, all they do is compare themselves to us, you guys have your own sweet little conference now, seriously we don't care what you have to say about our team. Move on... you're like a college kid who can't kiss high school goodbye, it's annoying. We beat the number 11 team in the country while you guys beat NW North Pole Community Tech.

ndsubison1
10-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Wow. You won't win a road game this season in the Valley = having a meltdown? You people need help!

lol and you won't win a road game the rest of the year :D

tjbison
10-05-2008, 07:52 AM
this thread is funny!!, a sue fan bashing the Bison seriously????????????

hey truck fans WIN A MEANINGFUL GAME then come talk, but then again this is the type of team they dream about having come to the tin shed, just glad we get to play these types of teams week in and week out, year after year!!!!!! afterall the MVFC>GWC

BeckerBison
10-05-2008, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the insightful comments. You really represent the school to the north well.

BisoninNWMN
10-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Mussman is out recruiting this week......maybe he could also find other UND trolls for this board:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

News flash Shawn-O.....SIU was a damn good team. Sue don't have a chance in Carbondale....at least a 3-4 td loss.

Boy.....W Washington......need I say anything else:ranting: :nod:

WYOBISONMAN
10-05-2008, 01:18 PM
This is LOCKED because of excessive trolling.....knock it off!