PDA

View Full Version : Game Time Question

aces1180
10-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Does anyone have some insight into why NDSU typically schedules the early season home games in the evening, then goes to a afternoon format in the middle of the season, and finishes with evening games again at the end of the season?

I was just thinking about this for some reason. I do know that homecoming games have always had a 1pm kickoff, but is there a reason for that? Does it have to do with the parade time? Would they even consider having the parade later in the day and switching the game time to a 6pm start?

Any theories would be appreciated.

99Bison
10-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Does anyone have some insight into why NDSU typically schedules the early season home games in the evening, then goes to a afternoon format in the middle of the season, and finishes with evening games again at the end of the season?

I was just thinking about this for some reason. I do know that homecoming games have always had a 1pm kickoff, but is there a reason for that? Does it have to do with the parade time? Would they even consider having the parade later in the day and switching the game time to a 6pm start?

Any theories would be appreciated.

1. 6pm has been determined to be the preferred time for the game.
2. Homecoming game coinsides with all homecoming activities, a full day mind you, the parade is just one piece, think bidders bowl.
3. Other game times are typically because of moving it for TV.
4. Thursday game at 7pm, due to giving people more time to get there.

aces1180
10-03-2008, 03:25 PM
2. Homecoming game coinsides with all homecoming activities, a full day mind you, the parade is just one piece, think bidders bowl.

Yeah, those make sense and I thought about three of the four of your points...When I was a student, I never really participated in any other homecoming event besides the game, except for drinking, if that counts. So basically, I don't know what goes on after the game (I did know what was happening at the Turf, however).

So it would be safe to assume that the Western Illinois game was scheduled for six but was moved up to work with TV? If so, what do they have going on at six that would conflict with a Bison game? Reruns of "Chuck," which is a good show, BTW.

99Bison
10-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, those make sense and I thought about three of the four of your points...When I was a student, I never really participated in any other homecoming event besides the game, except for drinking, if that counts. So basically, I don't know what goes on after the game (I did know what was happening at the Turf, however).

So it would be safe to assume that the Western Illinois game was scheduled for six but was moved up to work with TV? If so, what do they have going on at six that would conflict with a Bison game? Reruns of "Chuck," which is a good show, BTW.

Yep, I think the coasters even say 6pm for the wi game. Guessing national required tv game like Notre Dame.

tcbison
10-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Have you seen the Gopher's schedule? 7 games are at 11AM with two games yet to be determined. That would really bite.

aces1180
10-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Yep, I think the coasters even say 6pm for the wi game. Guessing national required tv game like Notre Dame.

Well, I know Notre Dame football has been preempted before by the Power Bowl (much to the frustration of my friend), so I don't think that is the issue.

I'm just happy the Bison are back home, so I don't care what time they play.

aces1180
10-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Have you seen the Gopher's schedule? 7 games are at 11AM with two games yet to be determined. That would really bite.

That's based on the BTN...And yeah, that would suck.

bisongirl
10-03-2008, 04:08 PM

That would mean that tailgating would start at 6 am! Yikes!

SDbison
10-03-2008, 04:22 PM
That would mean that tailgating would start at 6 am! Yikes!
This is where starting to party at midnight and moving to the tailgate area at 6AM would work.....

99Bison
10-03-2008, 04:27 PM
next saturday eve:
kx4 - CBS has LSU at Florida
kvly11 - NBC has special: "Macy's Passport Celebrity Catwalk Challenge"

SDbison
10-03-2008, 04:33 PM
next saturday eve:
kx4 - CBS has LSU at Florida
kvly11 - NBC has special: "Macy's Passport Celebrity Catwalk Challenge"
hmmmmmm.......difficullt decision, what should I watch.......
never mind, I will be at the Bison game!

A1pigskin
10-03-2008, 08:10 PM

Seems reasonable.

90BISON
10-03-2008, 08:41 PM
hmmmmmm.......difficullt decision, what should I watch.......
never mind, I will be at the Bison game!

"Being at the Bison game" means you actually have to make it in the door before halftime.:D :D See you in the morning. Leaving home about 5AM.:smh: