PDA

View Full Version : Sold-out games

Black Diamond
09-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey, just stopped by the tix office today.
All students tickets gone for Southern Ill.
3 tickets left for Western Ill.
All sdsu game tickets are gone.

TheBisonator
09-30-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm lucky I picked up my student ticket yesterday afternoon!!!:nod:

Go_Herd
09-30-2008, 07:35 PM

Geez Bisonator...I thought you were one of those pitch a tent be the first one in line kind of guys.

Go_Herd
09-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Question for you guys:

I'm a student (Should graduate Dec 08)
My girlfriend (Graduated Spring 08) is a season ticket holder

For these games (Southern Illinois and SDSU), will they ever check tickets when you go into a section to make sure people sit where the need to. I know that all tickets from S. Ill. and SDSU are reserved.

But what my girlfriend does is we get there like 2 hours before the game wait in the student line. Then when the doors open she gets into the Fargodome with her season ticket and goes to sit in the student section behind the goal posts and saves me a seat.

Will they ever check tickets to make sure only students sit in the student sections?

bisonmike2
09-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Question for you guys:

For these games (Southern Illinois and SDSU), will they ever check tickets when you go into a section to make sure people sit where the need to. I know that all tickets from S. Ill. and SDSU are reserved.

But what my girlfriend does is we get there like 2 hours before the game wait in the student line. Then when the doors open she gets into the Fargodome with her season ticket and goes to sit in the student section behind the goal posts and saves me a seat.

Will they ever check tickets to make sure only students sit in the student sections?

Back in my day, you know when I had to go to walk 5 miles each way up hill in a blizzard, they never checked but things have changed quite a bit since then.

Go_Herd
09-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Back in my day, you know when I had to go to walk 5 miles each way up hill in a blizzard, they never checked but things have changed quite a bit since then.

I was gonna say thanks for the help/answer...but I'm gonna have to say thanks for the input. Oh and that hill sounds like a bitch. :biggrin:

Swany
09-30-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't think they did check - but they may now ... :hide:

Go_Herd
09-30-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't think they did check - but they may now ... :hide:

They haven't yet to my knowledge....we have been doing this for the first two home games. It's just these "premium" games have me worried.

bisonmike2
09-30-2008, 07:59 PM
They haven't yet to my knowledge....we have been doing this for the first two home games. It's just these "premium" games have me worried.

I thinkt the dome nazi's will have better stuff to do than check out student tickets. They'd probably only investigate if somebody complained. Now pay me $50 and I won't complain :)

NDSUstudent
09-30-2008, 08:01 PM
They don't check but if more and more people do this that practice could change.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-30-2008, 08:10 PM

yeah they were going slow monday morning when i got mine, guess it picked up late afternoon/this morning

Bisontug
09-30-2008, 08:12 PM

What hill was that ?? You must be talking about the I-29 bridge on a September day... :)

Bisonguy
09-30-2008, 08:15 PM
What hill was that ?? You must be talking about the I-29 bridge on a September day... :)

Back in the day was the Bluemont Lakes ski hill. :nod:

bisonmike2
09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Question for you guys:

I look at it this way. She's taking a seat in the student section. I don't think you are going to see anybody causing a fuss over this. I, mean, out of 4000 student tickets, chances are some student with a ticket is going to get too drunk and not make it to the game, right? Now most of these students will give their ticket to somebody else (or one of their friends will steal it from their passed out buddy) but out of 4000 students I'm guessing that a dozen or so are going to pass out and not give their tickets to anyone else, thus leaving a spot for you and your girlfriend.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-30-2008, 08:23 PM
no they don't check, they'll be more concerned with people bringing in alcohol

NDSUFan_Sav
09-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I look at it this way. She's taking a seat in the student section. I don't think you are going to see anybody causing a fuss over this. I, mean, out of 4000 student tickets, chances are some student with a ticket is going to get too drunk and not make it to the game, right? Now most of these students will give their ticket to somebody else (or one of their friends will steal it from their passed out buddy) but out of 4000 students I'm guessing that a dozen or so are going to pass out and not give their tickets to anyone else, thus leaving a spot for you and your girlfriend.

or we just make room??? we can fit more then what the seats provide

Go_Herd
09-30-2008, 08:26 PM

Yeah good point

Remember to buy your $3 Yellow-Out Homecoming shirts in the Union

NDSUFan_Sav
09-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah good point

Remember to buy your $3 Yellow-Out Homecoming shirts in the Union

whats the shirt say or look? i got a ton of yellow shirts 10+

bisonmike2
09-30-2008, 08:28 PM
or we just make room??? we can fit more then what the seats provide

I'm sure Lakes will provide his face for Go Herds girlfriend to sit on :)

/ sorry, I just hadn't to a cheap shot at Lakes in about a day or so.

NDSUFan_Sav
09-30-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm sure Lakes will provide his face for Go Herds girlfriend to sit on :)

/ sorry, I just hadn't to a cheap shot at Lakes in about a day or so.

a day or so??? quite a long time to take a break from giving him a cheap shot?

Go_Herd
09-30-2008, 08:30 PM

Ok

6th annual Yellow-Out Day (Cursive)

.........NDSU

(Old School Bison Logo)
..............................Roughin' It (Cursive)
.............................Homecoming 2008

Obviously no dots...trying to show the layout of the shirt

BigBison
09-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey Go Head,

My girlfriend and I do the same thing as you guys. I'm still a student, she's not and runs around to the student section and saves me a seat. As long as your early and not bringing in 4,5 or 6 people that are not students I dont think we have to worry about it. I remember last year in the BSA they we're checking tickets and they wouldnt let my girlfriend untill just before tip off which sucked.

I got two shirts today and they were already sold out of large size. If the shirts arent sold out already then early tomorrow they will be. I like the way the shirts look this year.

Civil06
09-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Ok

6th annual Yellow-Out Day (Cursive)

.........NDSU

(Old School Bison Logo)
..............................Roughin' It (Cursive)
.............................Homecoming 2008

Obviously no dots...trying to show the layout of the shirt

I'll sell my 1st annual Yellow-Out Day shirt for $10 in almost new condition. All you NDSU freshmen, this will make you look retro cool.:nod:

Go_Herd
09-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Hey Go Head,

My girlfriend and I do the same thing as you guys. I'm still a student, she's not and runs around to the student section and saves me a seat. As long as your early and not bringing in 4,5 or 6 people that are not students I dont think we have to worry about it.

Good point. Nice good to see someone else is doing it too. Go Bison.

bisonmike2
09-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey Go Head,

My girlfriend and I do the same thing as you guys. I'm still a student, she's not and runs around to the student section and saves me a seat. As long as your early and not bringing in 4,5 or 6 people that are not students I dont think we have to worry about it. I remember last year in the BSA they we're checking tickets and they wouldnt let my girlfriend untill just before tip off which sucked.

I got two shirts today and they were already sold out of large size. If the shirts arent sold out already then early tomorrow they will be. I like the way the shirts look this year.

I think the better solution for you guys is to just have your girlfriends hang out with me. The might not see the game but they would get a show :) Giggity, gigg-a-ty!

BigBison
09-30-2008, 08:38 PM
I'll sell my 1st annual Yellow-Out Day shirt for $10 in almost new condition. All you NDSU freshmen, this will make you look retro cool.:nod:

I wish I had one I was here 6 years ago as a freshman and I didnt get one actually I didnt go to a football game untill my third year of school.

Civil06
09-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I wish I had one I was here 6 years ago as a freshman and I didnt get one actually I didnt go to a football game untill my third year of school.

That's more common than you'd think. It's impossible to stay away once you start going though!:D

TheBisonator
09-30-2008, 08:52 PM

You talking about the one from 2003?? Hell, I have one of those!!

NDSUFan_Sav
09-30-2008, 08:54 PM

you missed out :(

missing football games :confused: :confused:

NDSUFan_Sav
09-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Just got an email from ndsu:

"Due to the extreme popularity of this years Yellow-Out Day shirts, Student
Government has ordered MORE sizes.

There are only 500, so come EARLY! ! !

Sales start Thursday, October 2nd at 9:00am in front of the Bookstore."

looks like a hot item....YELLOW OUT, weeeeeeeeee I hope other non studets get that yellow shirt on!!!

Bison15
09-30-2008, 09:06 PM

Here is a pic of the shirt

extremerouge
10-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Here is a pic of the shirt
oooh that's cool...i especially like the old school snorting bison! do they still have any?!?

TheBisonator
10-02-2008, 04:03 AM
I think I'm gonna wear my 2003 yellow-out shirt at the game. I was still a scared little architecture student then...:D

(I graduate next year, in case any of you are wondering why ol B-Nator hasn't graddy-ated yet...)