PDA

View Full Version : Bison Sioux baseball this year?

MN_BISON
09-30-2008, 04:39 PM
I read over on SS that the Bison and Sioux will play a home and home this year. Anyone know anything about it? With travel costs being what they are and listening to our baseball coach speak this summer, I believe it's probably true.

roadwarrior
09-30-2008, 08:28 PM
It is not listed on the 2009 schedule, although that may not be complete at this point.

ndsubison1
10-01-2008, 04:09 AM
yeah, that's probably just a tentative schedule for now, but it makes sense for them to play in baseball

Civil06
10-01-2008, 01:43 PM
I agree, ming01, playing them in baseball makes sense. We complain about the basketball schedule, but last season we played St. Cloud State, U of Mary, and Concordia in baseball (although we dropped the game at Concordia). This year's schedule already has these small colleges - Concordia, Mayville State, and Dakota State. 2 DAC and a MIAC, all at home. I think UND would be a nice upgrade from one of these games. Remember, there were still baseball games played against them after the other sports halted play and I think this would draw some more fans out for the baseball team.

ndsubison1
10-01-2008, 08:44 PM
I agree, ming01, playing them in baseball makes sense. We complain about the basketball schedule, but last season we played St. Cloud State, U of Mary, and Concordia in baseball (although we dropped the game at Concordia). This year's schedule already has these small colleges - Concordia, Mayville State, and Dakota State. 2 DAC and a MIAC, all at home. I think UND would be a nice upgrade from one of these games. Remember, there were still baseball games played against them after the other sports halted play and I think this would draw some more fans out for the baseball team.

definitely agree and it give us another home game, something that we need

NDSUstudent
10-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Hopefully this is the start of a trend. I know it will be a while for it to happen on the football field but it would be ridiculous to not play a DI school as close as UND is to NDSU in other sports. I really hope womens basketball is next, going to those games was a lot of fun and womens basketball hasn't been the same since the two stopped playing each other.

imabison
10-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Hopefully this is the start of a trend. I know it will be a while for it to happen on the football field but it would be ridiculous to not play a DI school as close as UND is to NDSU in other sports. I really hope womens basketball is next, going to those games was a lot of fun and womens basketball hasn't been the same since the two stopped playing each other.
I see the flow as, baseball, (golf and cross country already did very recently not head to head), soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Basketball (both), and years away Football.

NDSUstudent
10-02-2008, 01:18 AM
I see the flow as, baseball, (golf and cross country already did very recently not head to head), soccer, Softball, Volleyball, Basketball (both), and years away Football.

Yeah, it might take a playoff match up to get the two together on the football field.