PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Candidates??

lcbison
09-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Who ya got?

USC-Sanchez
Florida-Tebow
Georgia-Moreno
Mizzou-Daniel
Texas Tech-Harrel
SHSU-Bomar
WV-Pat White
BYU-Max Hall
Oklahoma-Bradford

mebisonII
09-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Who ya got?

USC-Sanchez
Florida-Tebow
Georgia-Moreno
Mizzou-Daniel
Texas Tech-Harrel
SHSU-Bomar
WV-Pat White
BYU-Max Hall
Oklahoma-Bradford

What? Really? I hadn't heard anything about him since he was here. Is he seriously considered a contender?

(honest question, not trying to knock you or anything)

GOB1SON
09-29-2008, 07:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index

Daniels is hot so far, Tebow isn't putting up the numbers of last year.

Ringer from Michigan State is having a monster year.

lcbison
09-29-2008, 07:50 PM
What? Really? I hadn't heard anything about him since he was here. Is he seriously considered a contender?

(honest question, not trying to knock you or anything)

No, including Bomar was a joke, even though he is a stud. Any one in their right mind would take a job at a car dealership like he did.

I got Max Hall for Heisman & BYU for National champs. Already ranked #8 in the nation. Still have to knock of Utah. Let the "so-called" power conference teams knock each other out. The mormons will be running wild in Miami.

HandoEX
09-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Chase Daniel gets my vote. It'll be interesting to see what he does against the Big 12 defenses starting this weekend. I expect his output to drop a little but he's a fantastic qb on a really, really good team. A win at Texas would be a big boost for him in a few weeks.

ndsubison1
09-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Chase Daniel and Javon Ringer should be the leading candidates as of right now

X-Factor
09-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Bomar isn't even top 5 in FCS let alone all of college football.

sambini
09-30-2008, 02:56 AM
Ringer from Michigan State.

SirHinn
09-30-2008, 04:31 AM
As long as the Sooners and Tigers keep winning, Bradford and Daniel will defintely be the favorites. John Parker Wilson could also get some mention if he keeps his team in the top 3 all year.

Herd
09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
I like Moreno to win!

d3boys
09-30-2008, 10:53 PM
how about daniels receiver maclin
a complete stud

NDSUdonny
10-01-2008, 04:06 AM
OK lcbison, here's my take... I think it will come down to three QBs: Sanchez, Bradford, and Daniel. Harrell is a great QB, but I don't think he can win it unless TTU wins the Big 12, and I don't think that will happen. Tebow isn't putting up big numbers like he was last year. Max Hall may put up huge numbers this year, but I don't think they will give it a guy outside of a BCS Conference, and they don't play any games against good BCS teams. Pat White has no chance, they already have two losses and they just won't be the team they have been in past years. Bomar is a STUD, and I wish we would have picked him up when he left OU, but I doubt he would have come to Fargo.

bisonbrody9
10-01-2008, 04:32 AM
bomar nation baby! haha! he's the king of cars!:banghead:

bradford and daniels will continue to make it rain and the heisman winner will be which ever one of the two leads their teams to the Big 12 title

ndsubison1
10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Donald Brown, top rusher in the country for UConn

bisonmike2
10-09-2008, 05:53 PM
I gotta say Chode Daniels, Bradford or Colt-45 McCoy. Whoever wins the Big 12 will have the inside track at the heisman.

sambini
10-12-2008, 02:04 AM
Chase Daniels is a stud.

d3boys
10-12-2008, 02:19 AM
colt mccoy helped his cause today

ndsubison1
10-12-2008, 03:45 AM

he is the clear-cut leader right now

bisonmike2
10-13-2008, 03:52 PM

Who knew the kid had wheels like that? The TV guys brought up a great point during the game. Colt doesn't get thought of as a very athletic guy because he's often compared to his predicessor Vince Young. But that kid can fly. He's playing quality ball right now.

SlickVic
10-13-2008, 05:40 PM
id take daryll clark over colt mccoy or any other qb in the country...how about aaron maybin for hiesman?? start the campaign what does he have already 15 sacks and 4 forced fumbles? kids a freak and hes only a sophmore chea ;)

lcbison
10-14-2008, 02:17 AM
BYU Cougars were coming were coming....were bringing the honor code to your place

ndsubison1
10-14-2008, 03:09 AM
BYU Cougars were coming were coming....were bringing the honor code to your place

and their heisman candidate is??? (i know who it is, just let this guy tell me)

lcbison
10-14-2008, 03:12 AM
No, including Bomar was a joke, even though he is a stud. Any one in their right mind would take a job at a car dealership like he did.

I got Max Hall for Heisman & BYU for National champs. Already ranked #8 in the nation. Still have to knock of Utah. Let the "so-called" power conference teams knock each other out. The mormons will be running wild in Miami.

Looks like this guy already mentioned Max Hall....box

ndsubison1
10-14-2008, 03:21 AM
Looks like this guy already mentioned Max Hall....box

haha... sorry, didn't see that you started the thread

lcbison
10-14-2008, 03:29 AM
Ya, the only prob with Hall is the Hawaii effect. He is putting up sweet numbers in a lower level conference, which will turn some of the BCS conference voters against him. However, if you look at most major college football websites they have the Mtn. West ranked 3rd or 4th in the nation. Heck, they are something like 6-1 against the Pac-10.

But im sure at the end of the year, a 1 loss SEC team and USC or Ohio St will play for the title and the casual fan will watch American Idol because the game lacks intrigue and is 40 days after the regular season ends. end of rant.

ndsubison1
10-14-2008, 03:35 AM
Ya, the only prob with Hall is the Hawaii effect. He is putting up sweet numbers in a lower level conference, which will turn some of the BCS conference voters against him. However, if you look at most major college football websites they have the Mtn. West ranked 3rd or 4th in the nation. Heck, they are something like 6-1 against the Pac-10.

But im sure at the end of the year, a 1 loss SEC team and USC or Ohio St will play for the title and the casual fan will watch American Idol because the game lacks intrigue and is 40 days after the regular season ends. end of rant.

yeah, the MWC has been very impressive this year. BYU looks like they can compete with anybody... but i think the hawaii effect will screw them over

sambini
10-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Who do you folks see as the favorite now?

SlickVic
10-20-2008, 08:30 PM

daryll clark could make a huge statement saturday in columbus..im hoping...what about derick williams whats he have 3 punt/kick off returns to the house? hes so slick...maybe maybin as well they mans a freak and i do mean man whats he averagine 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles thats freakish +++++++

ndsubison1
10-20-2008, 08:31 PM

easily Colt McCoy

d3boys
10-21-2008, 09:35 PM
easily Colt McCoy

I agree totally

SlickVic
10-21-2008, 09:37 PM
easily Colt McCoy

id take daryll clark over colt mccoy anyday of the week

bisonmike2
10-21-2008, 09:45 PM

Slick - What's the early line on Penn St @ Ohio St? You putting any money on it?

SlickVic
10-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Slick - What's the early line on Penn St @ Ohio St? You putting any money on it?

psu -1 id bet the barn but i sold it to be there ;)

bisonmike2
10-21-2008, 09:50 PM
psu -1 id bet the barn but i sold it to be there ;)

Please do whatever you can to make Penn St. win. I want to make sure Ohio State has 0 chance to make it to another BCS title game.

SlickVic
10-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Please do whatever you can to make Penn St. win. I want to make sure Ohio State has 0 chance to make it to another BCS title game.

im not worried about it all ready got a savings account for miami ;)

d3boys
10-21-2008, 10:29 PM
hope you didnt put too much on pennstate
we want you around here a little longer

ndsubison1
10-22-2008, 06:04 AM

once PSU plays a quality opponent then I'll take a look at Clark... looks like he has a great opportunity this weekend

SlickVic
10-22-2008, 01:49 PM
once PSU plays a quality opponent then I'll take a look at Clark... looks like he has a great opportunity this weekend

k take a long hard look at him as youll be whatching him play football for 10-15 years longer then major applewhite whoops i ment colt mccoy...i used to love donavan mcnabb at syrcuse and sometimes i wonder if clarks not his other brother daryll ;)

ndsubison1
10-22-2008, 04:27 PM
k take a long hard look at him as youll be whatching him play football for 10-15 years longer then major applewhite whoops i ment colt mccoy...i used to love donavan mcnabb at syrcuse and sometimes i wonder if clarks not his other brother daryll ;)

he actually does remind me of McNabb... hard-nosed QB... reminds me of Michael Robinson too but he isn't even playing QB in the NFL

sambini
10-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Colt looks like the leader now?

ndsubison1
11-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Tim Tebow is my favorite right now... he is a better player this year. He is a better game manager, he is making better decisions, he is just a man among boys out there. His stats may not be where they were last year at this time, but what matters is his record at this point too. Florida clinched the SEC East today and the more the Gators win the better chance Tebow has.

GOB1SON
11-09-2008, 05:05 PM
After yesterday, it is Tebow or Harrell.

If TT gets routed by OK, and then it will be Tebow and Bradford.

All depends on who you have beaten lately.

Bison10
11-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Who ya got?

USC-Sanchez
Florida-Tebow
Georgia-Moreno
Mizzou-Daniel
Texas Tech-Harrel
SHSU-Bomar
WV-Pat White
BYU-Max Hall
Oklahoma-Bradford

Harrel is my choice.

Hammersmith
11-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Chase Daniel - Missouri
Colt McCoy - Texas
Graham Harrell - Texas Tech
Sam Bradford - Oklahoma

One of these will be 4th team All-Conference. Big 12 = scary good.

sambini
11-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Sam Bradford of OU plays Texas Tech in two weeks....

duluthbison
11-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Chase Daniel - Missouri
Colt McCoy - Texas
Graham Harrell - Texas Tech
Sam Bradford - Oklahoma

One of these will be 4th team All-Conference. Big 12 = scary good.

Think you forgot one.....

Tyler Roehl - North Dakota State University:D :D

GOB1SON
11-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Think you forgot one.....

Tyler Roehl - North Dakota State University:D :D

I didn't know that TR also played QB in the Big 12. He must be really tired after getting beat to hell behind our offensive line all game, then flying into UpsideDownCake U (the 13th Big 12 college) to play Quarterback.

He could probably walk on for the Aggies this year though! :blush:

Of course you jest (as do I!)

fargocyclone
11-11-2008, 01:34 AM
I didn't know that TR also played QB in the Big 12. He must be really tired after getting beat to hell behind our offensive line all game, then flying into UpsideDownCake U (the 13th Big 12 college) to play Quarterback.

He could probably walk on for the Aggies this year though! :blush:

Of course you jest (as do I!)

That can't happen... the Big XII knows how to count! ...unlike that other conference (Big11Ten) ;)

By the way, if PSU manages to still be #11 by the end of the year, does that mean that they are a top 10 team?

Hey, maybe that's why the Big Ten can't win games outside their conference! They don't know that when the rulebook says you should field 11 players, they do actually mean you can have one more than 10 players on the field.

(Cue Slick with a comeback...)