PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Valley Football

SDbison
09-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Who is the best in the MVFC right now? I just posted the following in the football thread since this conference has me confounded about who is best and what the likely finish will be:

Looks like all the top MVFC teams will soon have one conference loss (assuming a Bison win over SIU on Saturday). I still think UNI is the best team overall and NDSU has to play them in their house. SIU is a pretty good team but I think they are just below UNI in the big picture. Hard to say exactly where NDSU belongs. We will see after Saturday.
One team that is certainly playing above expectations is SDSU. Even though I don't believe they are as good as NDSU, UNI or SIU, they have won some big games at home and then they got the big come from behind win yesterday. SDSU's confidence is now soaring, something they lacked in the past. If NDSU and SDSU played their best games against each other I would expect NDSU to win. If NDSU plays well with few mistakes they should be able to win the rest of their games. Against UNI the Bison will need an exceptional performance or some UNI mistakes. But most inportant the Bison have to take one game at a time and improve with each. For the first time in a while the Bison need a boost in their confidence. A win over SIU would be huge, a loss devastating.
At this point in the season I would have to rank the top MVFC teams in the following order (not much separates these teams, maybe should include Illinois State at #7):
1. UNI
2. SIU
3. NDSU
4. SDSU
5. Western Illinois
6. Youngstown

tjbison
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Who is the best in the MVFC right now? I just posted the following in the football thread since this conference has me confounded about who is best and what the likely finish will be:

So through yesterday all MVFC teams have lost at least one conference game. I still think UNI is the best team overall and NDSU has to play them in their house. SIU is a pretty good team but I think they are just below UNI in the big picture. Hard to say exactly where NDSU belongs. We will see after Saturday.
One team that is certainly playing above expectations is SDSU. Even though I don't believe they are as good as NDSU, UNI or SIU, they have won some big games at home and then they got the big come from behind win yesterday. SDSU's confidence is now soaring, something they lacked in the past. If NDSU and SDSU played their best games against each other I would expect NDSU to win. If NDSU plays well with few mistakes they should be able to win the rest of their games. Against UNI the Bison will need an exceptional performance or some UNI mistakes. But most inportant the Bison have to take one game at a time and improve with each. For the first time in a while the Bison need a boost in their confidence. A win over SIU would be huge, a loss devastating.
At this point in the season I would have to rank the top MVFC teams in the following order (not much separates these teams, maybe should include Illinois State at #7):
1. UNI
2. SIU
3. NDSU
4. SDSU
5. Western Illinois
6. Youngstown

As much as I hate to say but I would put SDSU ahead of NDSU right now, The SIU win over UNI was HUGE. An NDSU A## kicking of SIU next week is just what the doctor ordered, but I agree UNI is still the team to beat!

BisoninNWMN
09-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Bison will be fine. 2 weeks of rest and we will get most everyone back for the SIU game. I believe the Bison will win this game easily.....dome is sold out and will be loud.

We'll see after this weeks games

My list

1: UNI
2: NDSU
3: SIU
4: SDSU
5: YSU - WIU
7: ILL St
8: MSU
9: IND St

Hoss
09-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Glad we have SIU, WIU, and SDSU at home this year...

BisoninNWMN
09-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Glad we have SIU, WIU, and SDSU at home this year...

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

WYOBISONMAN
09-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I think I would have NDSU about #5, they have to show something better than the last two games. Hopefully it will start with the Salukis.

ndsubison1
10-05-2008, 11:37 PM
1. UNI
2. NDSU
3. SIU
4. SDSU
5. WIU
6. Illinois St.
7. YSU
8. Mizzou St.
9. Ind St.