PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming Tailgate

56BISON73
09-27-2008, 09:23 PM
TA

On the way home I picked up all my deer meat from the processor. If you want I will bring some venison wild rice brats for you to cook. Just let me know.

Also for those that like good venison garlic summer sausage, venison deer sticks, wild rice brats and deer jerky let me know and I will bring some for you as well. I have a ton of it. :hungry: PL

BisoninNWMN
09-28-2008, 03:54 AM
TA

On the way home I picked up all my deer meat from the processor. If you want I will bring some venison wild rice brats for you to cook. Just let me know.

Also for those that like good venison garlic summer sausage, venison deer sticks, wild rice brats and deer jerky let me know and I will bring some for you as well. I have a ton of it. :hungry: PL

Sounds good...not a tailgater......maybe should start:)

56BISON73
09-28-2008, 03:57 AM
Sounds good...not a tailgater......maybe should start:)

If you want some stop by and I will have some for you. PL

bisonwest
09-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Tailgating should kick some major a** this weekend. Let's all hope for great weather. My co-worker is coming in from Bismarck for his first Bison game, and is really pumped to see the team and experience the atmosphere. Let's kick some Saluki tail!!

TransAmBison
09-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Tailgating should kick some major a** this weekend. Let's all hope for great weather. My co-worker is coming in from Bismarck for his first Bison game, and is really pumped to see the team and experience the atmosphere. Let's kick some Saluki stache!!
Fixed it for ya!! :D

A1pigskin
09-28-2008, 03:14 PM
TA

Sounds really good.

56BISON73
09-28-2008, 03:17 PM
So who ever wants some let me know so I can make a list. PL

Bisonguy
09-28-2008, 04:39 PM

I'll take some deer sticks and jerky! :hungry: :hungry:

Thanks PL!!!!

THEsocalledfan
09-28-2008, 09:05 PM

PL, put be down for deer sticks and jerky, too. Finally getting to a game and it will be nice to meet you in person, finally.

Hoss
09-28-2008, 09:32 PM
TA

So what did you get? Deer wise?

BlueBisonRock
09-28-2008, 10:15 PM
PL, Its been a while since I had some good deer jerky. Please add me to the list. I will look for you near the horny Bison.

56BISON73
09-28-2008, 11:05 PM
So what did you get? Deer wise?

2 bucks and 4-6 does. Cant remember as Ive slept since then. But we had 200 pounds of boned out venison.:nod: PL

TAILG8R
09-29-2008, 01:20 AM
PL, it would be great if you could spare some sticks for me as well.

TAILG8R
09-29-2008, 01:21 AM
I forgot to add, I am also hoping to unveil a new Bison tailgating recreation on Sat. Keep your eyes peeled.

Hoss
09-29-2008, 04:58 PM
2 bucks and 4-6 does. Cant remember as Ive slept since then. But we had 200 pounds of boned out venison.:nod: PL

Dressed out at 35# ;)

SDbison
09-29-2008, 05:18 PM
I'll take some jerky PL. Look forward to seeing everyone in the horny bison tailgate area!

tcbison
09-29-2008, 05:24 PM
I'll take some as well. Is it Saturday yet?

TransAmBison
09-29-2008, 05:45 PM
PL, sorry I haven't responded sooner! Yes, I would definitely like some brats to grill up! I'll take whatever you have to offer!! See ya Saturday.

56BISON73
09-29-2008, 05:50 PM
PL, sorry I haven't responded sooner! Yes, I would definitely like some brats to grill up! I'll take whatever you have to offer!! See ya Saturday.

TA do you wants some venison for yourself to take home????

Are you going to get the buns etc for the brats??? PL

56BISON73
09-29-2008, 05:52 PM
I'll take some as well. Is it Saturday yet?

tc
What would you like??? One of each???
PL

TransAmBison
09-29-2008, 06:03 PM
TA do you wants some venison for yourself to take home????

Are you going to get the buns etc for the brats??? PL
Yeah, I'll get the buns and ketchup.

I'll sure take some venison as well!! Thanks again!

lcbison
09-29-2008, 06:15 PM
The 1:00 kickoffs really ruin tailgating. Need the full 5 hours to experience full consumption

roadwarrior
09-29-2008, 06:18 PM
The 1:00 kickoffs really ruin tailgating. Need the full 5 hours to experience full consumption

The lots open at 8am. You still get the 5 hours, just have to adjust your drinking clock.

SDbison
09-29-2008, 06:58 PM
I will be there at 8AM......jagbombs in hand. Nothing like the smell of jag in the morning after a late night out on the town! After two or three jagbombs you forget what ails ya.........either that or you puke and feel better! :D

Bisonguy
09-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I will be there at 8AM......jagbombs in hand. Nothing like the smell of jag in the morning after a late night out on the town! After two or three jagbombs you forget what ails ya.........either that or you puke and feel better! :D

Chea, just don't forget to show up for the first half.:D

WYOBISONMAN
09-30-2008, 03:57 PM

Now who would have done such a thing.......;)

BigBison
09-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Hey what kind of tailgating food do you make at 8am, I want some kind of breakfast. Never thought about it but Jag Bombs would be good at 8am.

BisonBabe
09-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Hey what kind of tailgating food do you make at 8am, I want some kind of breakfast. Never thought about it but Jag Bombs would be good at 8am.

Last year I made breakfast meatballs, southwest egg casserole, venison sausage and hashbrowns. All in the crock pot so I was using a friends generator.

SDbison
09-30-2008, 06:21 PM
So I took a little alcohol induced nap.......I am sure the dome nazis were happy I wasn't there for the first half!
Lesson learned (even though I should know better):
1. When playing bartender and serving up shots to groups of 2 or 3 people at a time remember to skip a round now and then.
2. Keep to the same type of liquor as much as possible.

56BISON73
09-30-2008, 10:53 PM
If the lot opens at 8 I guess I better be there at 7 to get in line. PL

WYOBISONMAN
09-30-2008, 10:54 PM
So I took a little alcohol induced nap.......I am sure the dome nazis were happy I wasn't there for the first half!
Lesson learned (even though I should know better):
1. When playing bartender and serving up shots to groups of 2 or 3 people at a time remember to skip a round now and then.
2. Keep to the same type of liquor as much as possible.

I am going to write those on a notecard and memorize prior to leaving for FARGO.....:nod:.......Good advice....

56BISON73
09-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Ok venison fans this is last call for orders as I am leaving home at 9am tomorrow to head north. Who else wants venison wild rice brats, deer sticks, jerky and garlic venison summer sausage????????
PL

99Bison
10-01-2008, 12:12 AM
Ok venison fans this is last call for orders as I am leaving home at 9am tomorrow to head north. Who else wants venison wild rice brats, deer sticks, jerky and garlic venison summer sausage????????
PL

Umm, sure yeah if your bringing the meat wagon... deer sticks, jerky maybe???

NDSUFan_Sav
10-02-2008, 09:21 AM
booo i'm a lil late :( i love venison meat good stuff sausage, sticks, jerky all good

56BISON73
10-02-2008, 11:17 PM
booo i'm a lil late :( i love venison meat good stuff sausage, sticks, jerky all good

Just checked in the hotel---

I think I brought some extra. Stop by and let me know who you are. PL

TAILG8R
10-03-2008, 04:21 AM
Here is a sneak peak of what My brother and I will be unveiling this weekend. You'll have to stop by and see what the filed goal post are for. Just llok for the guys in the '18 pack' cowboy hats.

56BISON73
10-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Here is a sneak peak of what My brother and I will be unveiling this weekend. You'll have to stop by and see what the filed goal post are for. Just llok for the guys in the '18 pack' cowboy hats.

MHD besure and stop by I have your stuff. As a matter of fact all who posted that they wanted some venison I have it for you. PL

TAILG8R
10-03-2008, 04:33 AM
Sounds good PL, thanks for bringing all the Venison.

NDSUFan_Sav
10-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Just checked in the hotel---

I think I brought some extra. Stop by and let me know who you are. PL

Glad to hear, guessing hotel you mean in Fargo? Thanks again for bringing up some venison, what kind of beer do you like to drink, i drink bud light usually so i can give you a beer or so if thats fine with you?

BigBison
10-03-2008, 06:28 AM

Some of you have Buses, Vans, Trucks and Grills but i have the best NDSU beer pong table in the West Lot. I gotta post pics soon, and I've got plans for something better. If I knew how to post pics like you did I'd post them now.

TAILG8R
10-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Some of you have Buses, Vans, Trucks and Grills but i have the best NDSU beer pong table in the West Lot. I gotta post pics soon, and I've got plans for something better. If I knew how to post pics like you did I'd post them now.

We will have to take a minute to admire each others 'works of art'. And by that I mean beer pong table and bean bag games, not what some of you sickos were thinking.

56BISON73
10-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Glad to hear, guessing hotel you mean in Fargo? Thanks again for bringing up some venison, what kind of beer do you like to drink, i drink bud light usually so i can give you a beer or so if thats fine with you?

I appreciate the offer but I gave the stuff up back in 93. I drink an N/A beer every now and then but usually pop-soda. See you at the tailgate. PL

BisonBabe
10-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Looks like we will not get there until 9am at the earliest. Juniorette has a Girl Scout sleepover at the Y here in Fargo and I have to pick her and some of the other girls up and deliver them back to Casselton.

I will be pre-making beef & chicken kabobs tonight (may just make them all meat have not decided). Maybe some meatballs as well. Would love to make chili but have no way to keep it hot once we get to the lot (not bringing a generator this year and do not have a camp stove just a grill) May bring some venison brats along as well. Hmmm decisions decisions. I have lots of meat in the freezer and need to get some of it out before deer hunting season.

bisongirl
10-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Looks like we will not get there until 9am at the earliest. Juniorette has a Girl Scout sleepover at the Y here in Fargo and I have to pick her and some of the other girls up and deliver them back to Casselton.

I will be pre-making beef & chicken kabobs tonight (may just make them all meat have not decided). Maybe some meatballs as well. Would love to make chili but have no way to keep it hot once we get to the lot (not bringing a generator this year and do not have a camp stove just a grill) May bring some venison brats along as well. Hmmm decisions decisions. I have lots of meat in the freezer and need to get some of it out before deer hunting season.

At walmart you can buy disposable chafing dishes that you put a sternos flame underneath to keep your food warm.

BisonBabe
10-03-2008, 04:58 PM
At walmart you can buy disposable chafing dishes that you put a sternos flame underneath to keep your food warm.

I will have to check this out tonight after I drop the girls off.

SDbison
10-03-2008, 05:08 PM
My guess is the top of those goal posts look like a good place for a beer holder.

TAILG8R
10-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Well, see the entire project was the brainchild of two guys throwing bean bags and trying to enjoy a cold one at the same time. It obviously spiraled out of control and you get what you saw in the pic earlier. If you can't overdo it it is not worth doing in the first place. You'll have to check them out I am pretty proud of the creation.

THEsocalledfan
10-04-2008, 11:02 PM
PL, thanks for the venison sticks and jerky. They were awesome and you are such a class act. My dad loved meeting you.

99Bison
10-05-2008, 12:24 AM
PL, thanks for the venison sticks and jerky. They were awesome and you are such a class act. My dad loved meeting you.

Yeah, except I think bisongirl and I got eat a total of 3 combined... Someone(s) got ahold of them early :-)

bisongirl
10-05-2008, 12:50 AM
PL~ Thanks so much for the "goody bag" that you gave us. That was the best jerky that I've ever had! Do you get it made up by deer camp? If so, I would love to know where! It seems that 99Bison did not hide it very well, and so everyone else got to sample it this morning/afternoon (lots of compliments from everyone) and I managed to find the last 2 pieces of jerky when we got home tonight.

It was a pleasure, as it always is, visiting with you and Emily today. Have safe travels home.

sambini
10-05-2008, 04:48 AM
What a tailgate today. Great to see some of the old players and coaches+++

WYOBISONMAN
10-05-2008, 01:21 PM
It was great seeing everyone at the Tailgate!

Bisonfan1
10-05-2008, 08:06 PM
It was great seeing everyone at the Tailgate!

Great seeing you again Wyo - PLEASE NOTE - for future referance - Tailgating starts 5 hours proir to kickoff not 3 hours - ha ha

roadwarrior
10-05-2008, 08:11 PM
It was another great tailgate and post tailgate too! Labby's was rocking after the game.

chuckles
10-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Xcellent tailgating for Homecoming, huge crowd, great weather. Good to meet some of you out there. see ya next Saturday!

BisonBabe
10-06-2008, 12:27 AM
I also want to say thanks to PL and his wonderful wife for the goody bag. Hope the rest of their trip goes well.

I also got the chance to meet many members from the board and want to say thank you to all for making me feel welcome.

56BISON73
10-06-2008, 10:23 PM

Really enjoyed meeting you and your father. Hope to see you guys again. PL

56BISON73
10-06-2008, 10:26 PM
PL~ Thanks so much for the "goody bag" that you gave us. That was the best jerky that I've ever had! Do you get it made up by deer camp? If so, I would love to know where! It seems that 99Bison did not hide it very well, and so everyone else got to sample it this morning/afternoon (lots of compliments from everyone) and I managed to find the last 2 pieces of jerky when we got home tonight.

It was a pleasure, as it always is, visiting with you and Emily today. Have safe travels home.

I have it made in Heidelberg MN which is just south of New Prague MN.
Odenthal Meats 507 364 8040.
Remind me about the jerky amd I will bring you some more if you pick up the feathers.
As always is was great seeing you guys again. Emily really enjoyed meeting you. PL

56BISON73
10-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I also want to say thanks to PL and his wonderful wife for the goody bag. Hope the rest of their trip goes well.

I also got the chance to meet many members from the board and want to say thank you to all for making me feel welcome.

Bison Babe
Nice meeting you also. Emily enjoyed talking hunting with you!!! Also thank for the goodies. We will be sampling them tomorrow.:hungry:
PL

WYOBISONMAN
10-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Great seeing you again Wyo - PLEASE NOTE - for future referance - Tailgating starts 5 hours proir to kickoff not 3 hours - ha ha

I know.......damn case of the bottle flu from Friday night!!!:hide:

aces1180
10-07-2008, 05:46 PM

Don't feel bad...I think it was going around...Same problem myself!

56BISON73
10-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Bison Babe
What type of ground meat wad that??? Its not sausage. PL

BisonBabe
10-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Bison Babe
What type of ground meat wad that??? Its not sausage. PL

I must have grabbed the wrong packages. Sorry

UTH
10-07-2008, 08:07 PM

Hmmmm. Mystery meat. And here I've always thought you had to join the Army to enjoy such cuisine.

Civil06
10-07-2008, 08:14 PM

http://springfieldfiles.com/albums/food/0027.JPG

SDbison
10-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Don't feel bad...I think it was going around...Same problem myself!
I was at the tailgate lot at 8AM and immedieately enjoyed several jag bombs. You guys just have to get back up on that horse. Whats the problem Wyo, did I get ya to drink a little too much Friday night?

BisonBabe
10-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Hmmmm. Mystery meat. And here I've always thought you had to join the Army to enjoy such cuisine.

At least I know the Brats and Sticks I gave him were the right ones. Darn opaque packages that are not marked can make it interesting.

56BISON73
10-12-2008, 09:46 PM
At least I know the Brats and Sticks I gave him were the right ones. Darn opaque packages that are not marked can make it interesting.

The brats and sticks were good. The ground(?????) meat made great chili. Just had a bowl.:hungry:
PL

NDSUFan_Sav
10-22-2008, 05:18 PM
The brats and sticks were good. The ground(?????) meat made great chili. Just had a bowl.:hungry:
PL

chili sounds good right now with the temp in the mid 40's and rain!

THEsocalledfan
09-30-2016, 12:20 PM
Line is already filling up; better get in line.

MNLonghorn10
09-30-2016, 01:53 PM
Lol how many there? Dick and Mary from Hoople bring their RV?

THEsocalledfan
09-30-2016, 01:55 PM
Cars wrapping around down 18th at this point.

TransAmBison
09-30-2016, 01:58 PM
Cars wrapping around down 18th at this point.I picture TSCF as Milton from Office Space, pacing around muttering to himself...and someday will reach the last straw...

MNLonghorn10
09-30-2016, 02:04 PM
Cars wrapping around down 18th at this point.
Lol if they're there for tailgating and nothing else

EndZoneQB
09-30-2016, 02:12 PM
If this is true, I'm pretty much done tailgating. This is getting stupid af.

runtheoption
09-30-2016, 02:32 PM
If this is true, I'm pretty much done tailgating. This is getting stupid af.

Maybe it is time for the Frisco Cruise to move east a couple hundred feet into the reserved spots. We sold/are selling our bus.

Get to sleep in your own bed, wake up 1/2 hour before the lots open, and then drive right in.

EndZoneQB
09-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Maybe it is time for the Frisco Cruise to move east a couple hundred feet into the reserved spots. We sold/are selling our bus.

Get to sleep in your own bed, wake up 1/2 hour before the lots open, and then drive right in.

Yes. This would absolutely be ideal. If only we had spots available :biggrin:

For real tho, we are interested if you are looking to not use them.

runtheoption
09-30-2016, 03:04 PM

For real tho, we are interested if you are looking to not use them.I will find you guys tomorrow to talk, assuming you get in the lot.

El_Chapo
09-30-2016, 03:25 PM
cruiser at candLesuites

Herd Mentality
09-30-2016, 07:58 PM
I will find you guys tomorrow to talk, assuming you get in the lot.

Shouldn't you just be selling those to OTP? We'd still let your wife come to tailgate.

56BISON73
09-30-2016, 08:04 PM

For real tho, we are interested if you are looking to not use them.

How will your groupies find you?:biggrin:

MNLonghorn10
09-30-2016, 08:25 PM
How will your groupies find you?:biggrin:
Everyone at horny bison will just have to make sure their hearing aids are working.

Bison 4 Life
09-30-2016, 08:26 PM

This is my problem every time I come to Fargo. I blow the brakes off on Friday night and spend half of Saturday morning recovering.

56BISON73
09-30-2016, 08:56 PM
Everyone at horny bison will just have to make sure their hearing aids are working.

What will they do without party central? :biggrin:

56BISON73
09-30-2016, 08:58 PM
The famous 1/ 2 pound brats will be served tomorrow.

runtheoption
09-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Shouldn't you just be selling those to OTP? We'd still let your wife come to tailgate.
We ain't ever selling the spots. However, it would be nice to have a bus in the colder months...would have to convince the Frisco Cruiser crew to turn down the music a bit, and maybe not play so much eurotrash-electronic stuff.

Bison Loaf
09-30-2016, 09:34 PM
We ain't ever selling the spots. However, it would be nice to have a bus in the colder months...would have to convince the Frisco Cruiser crew to turn down the music a bit, and maybe not play so much eurotrash-electronic stuff.

Hold on there, fella. I may need a few extra spots when AC/DC shows up, so let's not do anything rash until then, ok! And I promise to make the boys keep it down to a dull roar!

(For those of you waiting in the GA tailgating line - first of all, God Bless You (!) - and you might want to kill a little of that down time reading all about it here ;) http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?36764-AC-DC-to-the-West-Lot-rumors&p=1100059#post1100059)

MNLonghorn10
09-30-2016, 09:39 PM
What will they do without party central? :biggrin:
Fall over dead

THEsocalledfan
10-01-2016, 01:44 AM
A tailgating story:

1. I park my truck at the start of the line at 7:30 this AM. By eight, the NDSU PD has ticketed my truck and call my home in Sioux Falls saying I need to move it, so I move it back to the hotel.
2. After my meetings at the college, I returned to the hotel and they have all the folks lining up in the field north of the Rugby fields. So I park my truck there, then head downtown for our dinner meeting and parade.
3. I return at about 8 PM to find everyone has moved out of that field into line where I was early in the morning.
4. I run to my hotel to get my keys, and now I am parked back by the Fieldhouse praying I get a spot.

Yet there is no better way, changes are not possible, there is no problem, it is too hard, it is my problem/deal with it, NDSU can do no wrong......

MNLonghorn10
10-01-2016, 02:39 AM
That was your Ford truck? Lolol

THEsocalledfan
10-01-2016, 02:45 AM
That was your Ford truck? Lolol

yepper......

MNLonghorn10
10-01-2016, 03:03 AM
yepper......
That sucks. Yea we started moving at 5

TransAmBison
10-01-2016, 03:58 AM
That sucks. Yea we started moving at 5Just might be the greatest homecoming thread ever (as sad as that may be)....frickin' laughin' my butt off right now. Oh wait Matlock should be on...better go watch...

56BISON73
10-01-2016, 04:07 AM
A tailgating story:

1. I park my truck at the start of the line at 7:30 this AM. By eight, the NDSU PD has ticketed my truck and call my home in Sioux Falls saying I need to move it, so I move it back to the hotel.
2. After my meetings at the college, I returned to the hotel and they have all the folks lining up in the field north of the Rugby fields. So I park my truck there, then head downtown for our dinner meeting and parade.
3. I return at about 8 PM to find everyone has moved out of that field into line where I was early in the morning.
4. I run to my hotel to get my keys, and now I am parked back by the Fieldhouse praying I get a spot.

Yet there is no better way, changes are not possible, there is no problem, it is too hard, it is my problem/deal with it, NDSU can do no wrong......

Plan B--You can always commondier the Homewood Suites lot? You did have a plan B? Right?

bisonfanette
10-01-2016, 07:18 AM
After the parade I took our daughter and friends back to NDSU/campus. I couldn't believe the lineup on 15th Ave. and the # of tailgating vehicles adjacent to Bison Courts! It's actually very impressive!

Mr Meaty
10-01-2016, 10:52 AM
There are 20+ in line to get into the reserved lot. I rolled in at 5:30.

MNLonghorn10
10-01-2016, 12:00 PM
There are 20+ in line to get into the reserved lot. I rolled in at 5:30.
That is hilarious.

THEsocalledfan
10-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Plan B--You can always commondier the Homewood Suites lot? You did have a plan B? Right?

No, I don't. Not sure what your point is.

IzzyFlexion
10-01-2016, 04:59 PM
The famous 1/ 2 pound brats will be served tomorrow.

What?!
Someone is sueing TAB's kids for going on the same super model diet as I did?............................................
.what?
Oh........."brats" with the "ough" sound. Forget it.

EndZoneQB
10-05-2016, 12:29 AM
A tailgating story:

You newb, that's the pre-lineup. We line up there until the police escort us around at 5.

We'll turn the music down until the live music starts :)

Sounds like we will take over those spots for the SDSU game. We have potentially booked a live band...either Redline or At The Emporium, but a buddy is coming to town so we might have a live DJ and his large setup. Should be a pretty good time, thanks RTO! Should be quite the turnout!

BYZEN
10-05-2016, 01:59 AM
You newb, that's the pre-lineup. We line up there until the police escort us around at 5.

Sounds like we will take over those spots for the SDSU game. We have potentially booked a live band...either Redline or At The Emporium, but a buddy is coming to town so we might have a live DJ and his large setup. Should be a pretty good time, thanks RTO! Should be quite the turnout!

You keep your nasty loud muzak down you young whippersnappers!!!!
Love,
Cookie

El_Chapo
10-05-2016, 02:32 AM
The still owe me $250 for towing my Isuzu Trooper I had in the Rainforest the night before. the Interest on that is still ticking...

runtheoption
10-05-2016, 03:29 PM

I still think I should have charged you a bit more for those "prime" tailgate spots, especially with those all friggin' SDSU fans that you said are gonna show up. Are you guys going to bring the Frisco Cruiser, or not bring it to save a little more room for the band/DJ set-up?

I probably won't be there until around noon (pheasant hunting), so I won't be able to help get things going. I am not sure who will be around to help coordinate, but there are enough people in that area that have been tailgating together for many years to help point you in the right direction.

It should be fun...Dome security be damned!

Herd Mentality
10-05-2016, 06:23 PM
A bus and a band/DJ crammed into 4 spots sandwiched between a coach and a trailer? Better buy a drum of lube.

BisonTeacher
10-05-2016, 06:27 PM
A bus and a band/DJ crammed into 4 spots sandwiched between a coach and a trailer? Better buy a drum of lube.

I didnt think about that. I was thinking more about the threatening letter they will receive for having too much fun. :rofl:

Herd Mentality
10-05-2016, 06:29 PM
I didnt think about that. I was thinking more about the threatening letter they will receive for having too much fun. :rofl:

And somehow I will still be the one getting a call on the following Tuesday morning from Pat Simmers.... (Yes, I get all the nasty phone calls on Tuesdays for some reason)

EndZoneQB
10-05-2016, 06:56 PM
I still think I should have charged you a bit more for those "prime" tailgate spots, especially with those all friggin' SDSU fans that you said are gonna show up. Are you guys going to bring the Frisco Cruiser, or not bring it to save a little more room for the band/DJ set-up?

I probably won't be there until around noon (pheasant hunting), so I won't be able to help get things going. I am not sure who will be around to help coordinate, but there are enough people in that area that have been tailgating together for many years to help point you in the right direction.

It should be fun...Dome security be damned!

Depends what we bring. If we bring the DJ, we'll bring the bus since all of the music outside can be played simultaneously inside...and we know that adds a certain level of...feeling. If it's the band, they will likely take up much of the space so we will leave the bus at home. Our PA setup will still be coming + whatever they want for their music.

I can't help we met a bunch of hot SDSU girls that love to party with us when they come to town. Who knows what they are bringing, but is there any way we can request troughs in the off chance they don't meet the regular standards? Maybe a neighbor can provide them since we are providing the entertainment free of charge? It's nice to be neighborly.

runtheoption
10-06-2016, 01:44 PM

It's not too bad. After seeing how things were set-up on Saturday for the first time, there is quite a bit of room.

Depends what we bring. If we bring the DJ, we'll bring the bus since all of the music outside can be played simultaneously inside...and we know that adds a certain level of...feeling. If it's the band, they will likely take up much of the space so we will leave the bus at home. Our PA setup will still be coming + whatever they want for their music.

I can't help we met a bunch of hot SDSU girls that love to party with us when they come to town. Who knows what they are bringing, but is there any way we can request troughs in the off chance they don't meet the regular standards? Maybe a neighbor can provide them since we are providing the entertainment free of charge? It's nice to be neighborly.

Have you guys enhanced your external speaker system on the Cruiser? Just wondering if you could tie that in to the band / DJ system. Also, if you need more juice, I can get my hands on a "portable" 15KW generator here at work...it's big, heavy, and kinda loud (messed up exhaust system), but it runs great (like the Frisco Cruiser).

EndZoneQB
10-06-2016, 07:23 PM
It's not too bad. After seeing how things were set-up on Saturday for the first time, there is quite a bit of room.

Have you guys enhanced your external speaker system on the Cruiser? Just wondering if you could tie that in to the band / DJ system. Also, if you need more juice, I can get my hands on a "portable" 15KW generator here at work...it's big, heavy, and kinda loud (messed up exhaust system), but it runs great (like the Frisco Cruiser).

We have a PA system with Yamahas on stands with an 8 channel mixer. Probably add an 18'' sub or two over the next week and then whatever the performer brings. I'll see what kind of juice we need, we have about 5.5kw right now, so I'm guessing we will be pushing it.

MNLonghorn10
10-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the hook up rto. Hope your neighbors aren't turds and are ready for a hell of a rage.

Homecoming was our first tailgate where we weren't told to turn it down in quite sometime. Can't wait to sleep in! Still am going to laugh at the losers who are reserved tailgaters that go up at 5am for a 9am tailgate when they don't have to

runtheoption
10-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the hook up rto. Hope your neighbors aren't turds and are ready for a hell of a rage.

Homecoming was our first tailgate where we weren't told to turn it down in quite sometime. Can't wait to sleep in! Still am going to laugh at the losers who are reserved tailgaters that go up at 5am for a 9am tailgate when they don't have to

No problem, I am looking forward to doing something different, and this is definitely that! I have no doubt it will be fun.

The neighbors will be all right, they are kinda used to music blaring...their is another professional DJ set-up every week across the "driving aisle" west of our spot a whopping 50 feet. They really bring it hard with their music. Maybe you guys and them could have a sound system "battle of the DJs" and see who is louder?

Even PL and Simmers will dance.

TAILG8R
10-06-2016, 10:55 PM
We have been talking about bringing in a live band for the last three years, never pulled the trigger. Glad you guys are going to do it because I think it would be really cool.

56BISON73
10-06-2016, 11:38 PM
No problem, I am looking forward to doing something different, and this is definitely that! I have no doubt it will be fun.

The neighbors will be all right, they are kinda used to music blaring...their is another professional DJ set-up every week across the "driving aisle" west of our spot a whopping 50 feet. They really bring it hard with their music. Maybe you guys and them could have a sound system "battle of the DJs" and see who is louder?

Even PL and Simmers will dance.

ThANKS for the offer but my sock hop days are behind me. :)