PDA

View Full Version : We're still in good shape

HerdBot
09-26-2008, 03:24 PM
STILL IN GOOD SHAPE!

Not sure why so many folks are down on the team after a loss? We lost to a D1-A team that hasn't lost to a D1-AA team since 1975 and lost to a Youngstown team never loses at home and is ranked in the top 25. I've been saying since day 1 that the Conference schedule is the hardest we have ever seen. Reality check: Youngstown has won 4 National Championships!

We're 4 games into our first ever playoff capable season and we're ranked 10 and 7 in the polls. Last time I checked, that would not only give us a Playoff berth, but would likely give us a HOME PLAYOFF GAME!

Get excited!

It's not going to get easier and that's the way we want it. How many complained because the home games were not competitive? We have 3 home games left against 3 ranked teams! What's the last time that happened? #15 Southern Illinois, #22 Western Illinois, and #20 South Dakota State (Beat Youngstown by 44 points) are the 3 toughest successive home games in the Fargodome's history. And that doesn't include a tough road game against #5 Northern Iowa plus 2 respectable teams in Missouri State and Illinois State. Indiana State is the only gimme. We're in the toughest D1-AA league on the planet so get used to a few losses because the days of back to back 10-1 season are gone.

SDbison
09-26-2008, 04:29 PM
STILL IN GOOD SHAPE!

Not sure why so many folks are down on the team after a loss? We lost to a D1-A team that hasn't lost to a D1-AA team since 1975 and lost to a Youngstown team never loses at home and is ranked in the top 25. I've been saying since day 1 that the Conference schedule is the hardest we have ever seen. Reality check: Youngstown has won 4 National Championships!

We're 4 games into our first ever playoff capable season and we're ranked 10 and 7 in the polls. Last time I checked, that would not only give us a Playoff berth, but would likely give us a HOME PLAYOFF GAME!

Get excited!

It's not going to get easier and that's the way we want it. How many complained because the home games were not competitive? We have 3 home games left against 3 ranked teams! What's the last time that happened? #15 Southern Illinois, #22 Western Illinois, and #20 South Dakota State (Beat Youngstown by 44 points) are the 3 toughest successive home games in the Fargodome's history. And that doesn't include a tough road game against #5 Northern Iowa plus 2 respectable teams in Missouri State and Illinois State. Indiana State is the only gimme. We're in the toughest D1-AA league on the planet so get used to a few losses because the days of back to back 10-1 season are gone.
Corection Gabe: You stated Youngstown never loses at home. That is wrong. Can't remember the exact stats, but I believe NDSU's home record is even better then YSU's.

TheBisonator
09-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Corection Gabe: You stated Youngstown never loses at home. That is wrong. Can't remember the exact stats, but I believe NDSU's home record is even better then YSU's.

Youngstown has actually won 23 out of their last 25 games at home. I believe only Northern Iowa has beaten them the last two times they were there.

tcbison
09-26-2008, 05:17 PM
Youngstown has actually won 23 out of their last 25 games at home. I believe only Northern Iowa has beaten them the last two times they were there.

Here is a database to figure it out.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/index.php

Unfortunately NDSU is still listed under DII schools :banghead:

A1pigskin
09-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Here is a database to figure it out.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/index.php

Unfortunately NDSU is still listed under DII schools :banghead:

I think the Youngstown stadium is brand new.