PDA

View Full Version : Assumed Final Conference Standings

MontanaBisonFan
09-25-2008, 05:20 AM
Assuming that Illinois St., Indiana State, Missouri State lose all there
remaining games to the other six teams. Then assume all the home teams win between the top six teams in the MVFC. The Bison, Southern Illinois and Youngstown would be tied for First Place. Youngstown will have the advantage for the autobid.

Youngstown State Penguins 6-2
North Dakota State Bison 6-2
Southern Illinois Salukis 6-2
Western Illinois Leathernecks 5-3
South Dakota State Jackrabbits 5-3
Northern Iowa Panthers 5-3
Illinois State Redbirds 2-6
Indiana State Sycamores 1-7
Missouri State Bears 0-8

Therefore the Bison need to run the table.

11 Key Games remaining (assume home team wins)
Sep 27 - Northern Iowa at Southern Ill, 7:00 PM ET
Oct 25 - Northern Iowa at Youngstown St, 4:00 PM ET
Nov 1 - Northern Iowa at Western Ill, 7:05 PM ET
Nov 15 - South Dakota St at Southern Ill, 3:00 PM ET
Nov 22 - South Dakota St at North Dakota St, 7:00 PM ET
Oct 18 - Southern Ill at Youngstown St, 4:00 PM ET
Oct 4 - Southern Ill, at North Dakota St, 2:00 PM ET
Nov 8 - Western Ill at Southern Ill, 3:00 PM ET
Oct 11 - Western Ill at North Dakota St, 7:00 PM ET
Nov 22 - Youngstown St at Western Ill, 2:05 PM ET
Oct 18 - North Dakota St at Northern Iowa, 5:05 PM ET

roadwarrior
09-25-2008, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't be so fast in assuming your bottom three teams are going to lose every game against any team above them. Don't you remember the games in the NCC when even Morningside could knock off a top tier team?

CaBisonFan
09-25-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't think that Northern Iowa is going to lose 3 games in the conference.

SirHinn
09-25-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't think that Northern Iowa is going to lose 3 games in the conference.

This is why you play the games and not assume. Way too early to try and predict the rest of the conference games.

GOB1SON
09-25-2008, 02:03 PM
As usual the conference will probably be won be the team that plays the best on the road. I really think that home crowds and venues will be the difference. Ask Youngstown about the difference (SDSU = Ass Whuppin, NDSU = Big Win!)

And I wouldn't sleep on Ill. St. at their place. Don't assume they are a bottom feeder. They might actually help determine this thing at the end; they get NDSU, Youngstown, and SIU at home yet. An upset of one of those could make a real difference at the end.

The good part is that we only have one super "tough" game left on the road. We get SDSU, SIU, and WIU at home, where UNI has to travel to Carbondale, Macomb, and Youngstown. The next three games for us is a brutal stretch. SIU, last year national semi-finals, with Lennon at the helm; WIU with Donaldson (and I am going to repeat this, he is a monster, monster back. Don't get fooled by his SDSU game); and then after two very physical games, we head to the UNI-Dome. Of course, UNI gets us, then has to travel to Macomb and Youngstown.

WHAT A CONFERENCE WE ARE IN!!! I love it.

OrygunBison
09-26-2008, 05:29 AM
How many more prediction threads do we need? Ultimately, every team seals it's own destiny. The Bison should just go into each week looking to win 1 game.

ndsubison1
09-26-2008, 05:36 AM
one week at a time, one game at a time... honestly who cares about the other teams? All I care about is the NDSU Bison and who their upcoming opponent is. If we can't take care of ourselves, every other team becomes irrelevant. NDSU just needs to worry about NDSU.

Jdubs21
09-26-2008, 06:05 AM
i hate to say it, but the way sd is playing i wouldnt be suprised to see them at or near the top in the end

McBison
09-26-2008, 03:45 PM
i hate to say it, but the way sd is playing i wouldnt be suprised to see them at or near the top in the end

I don't hate to say it. I hope sd does well except when they play the Bison. They have been in the same boat with us in some sense for the past few years. I actually feel a comradery with sd when we are not playing them and a rivalry when we are. It’s kind of nice.

SDbison
09-26-2008, 04:19 PM
I don't hate to say it. I hope sd does well except when they play the Bison. They have been in the same boat with us in some sense for the past few years. I actually feel a comradery with sd when we are not playing them and a rivalry when we are. It’s kind of nice.
Sorry the nicey, nicey crap with SDSU has to stop! The transition is over and they are our rival.....the enemy. I think some of you have gotten way too soft. I suppose some of you were glad when they spoiled NDSU's undefeated season last year.
One thing I noticed down here is SD, the SDSU fans are starting to come out of the closet and they think their football team is as good if not better than the Bison.
To quote McBison:
"I actually feel a comradery with sd when we are not playing them and a rivalry when we are." Can I barf now or later?

TransAmBison
09-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Sorry the nicey, nicey crap with SDSU has to stop! The transition is over and they are our rival.....the enemy. I think some of you have gotten way too soft. I suppose some of you were glad when they spoiled NDSU's undefeated season last year.
One thing I noticed down here is SD, the SDSU fans are starting to come out of the closet and they think their football team is as good if not better than the Bison.
To quote McBison:
"I actually feel a comradery with sd when we are not playing them and a rivalry when we are." Can I barf now or later?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GradBison
09-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Man the sting of that loss in Brookings last year with the crowd chanting "overrated". I have no love lost for SDSU.

Like I've said earlier, I want skinned bunnies all over the Fargodome on 11/22. Beat the pesky rabbits!

Jdubs21
09-27-2008, 03:03 AM
haha yea im still bitter about brookings last fall