PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we needed this

ndsubison1
09-23-2008, 06:12 AM
Our team has been pretty flawless the past couple of seasons... Most of these players, other than the seniors have only lost twice in their career before this season.

Maybe having all of these huge expectations took a toll on some of the players. We had a phenominal QB the past 4 years and prolly one of the best to put on a Bison uni and now we have a new guy taking the healms. It's like we all expected him to be Jesus out there, and I'll admit it... I was expecting him to succeed just like Walker did...

Truth be told, maybe we needed these losses... for everybody to wake up and smell the coffee... maybe everybody did, the fans, the players, the coaching staff, everyone.

Now it's time for our seniors to step up and put the rest of the team on their back and ride the wave... I think the YSU loss will change the aspect and attitude of this team.

These losses will be a learning curve and now with a week off and two key home games coming up, I think it's time to just put the past two weeks behind us and gather around our team and let them know we have their backs! Let's show it on October 4th!

"Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings." --Ralph Blum

CaBisonFan
09-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Our team has been pretty flawless the past couple of seasons... Most of these players, other than the seniors have only lost twice in their career before this season.

Maybe having all of these huge expectations took a toll on some of the players. We had a phenominal QB the past 4 years and prolly one of the best to put on a Bison uni and now we have a new guy taking the healms. It's like we all expected him to be Jesus out there, and I'll admit it... I was expecting him to succeed just like Walker did...

Truth be told, maybe we needed these losses... for everybody to wake up and smell the coffee... maybe everybody did, the fans, the players, the coaching staff, everyone.

Now it's time for our seniors to step up and put the rest of the team on their back and ride the wave... I think the YSU loss will change the aspect and attitude of this team.

These losses will be a learning curve and now with a week off and two key home games coming up, I think it's time to just put the past two weeks behind us and gather around our team and let them know we have their backs! Let's show it on October 4th!

"Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings." --Ralph Blum

Perfectly stated.

You hit the nail on the head.

Time to let go of the past couple of years. They have to earn it on the field. We have to earn it as fans.

Attitude

Former Hitman
09-23-2008, 01:06 PM
I am very interested seeing how this team will rebound. I truly believe Tyler will take this team to his level of determination, however this conference, as everyone knows, will be extremely difficult without a margin for error now.

twowheels
09-23-2008, 01:15 PM
One may say that there are no excuses and this may be right, but there are circumstances that come into play. The injuries of the starters & 2nd string were such that 3rd string bests were brought in, young men that have not had the time to learn all the plays, and there are a lot of plays. The starters that could not make the two trips and those that made the trip and had to stand on the sidelines felt these failed games just as bad as those on the field. They tend to feel they let their team down and their desire to heel and help bring their team back is strong.

I for one believe.

They believe.

They have practice this Saturday.

Civil06
09-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Article in today's Forum - http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?page=article_full&id=215768 It's mostly about how pissed off everybody is, but this section I'm posting is positive, and the last line got me pumped for the rest of the season.

On the positive side, Bohl said all of the injured players are expected to be cleared to possible play in the Southern Illinois game including middle linebacker Tyler Henry (knee), offensive tackle Gerry Ebel (knee) and running back Pat Paschall (ankle), who missed the Youngstown game.

Plus, linebacker Mike Maresh (hamstring), running back Tyler Roehl (ankle), defensive tackle Matthew Gratzek (hamstring) should be fully recovered in two weeks.

“The cavalry’s coming and it’s about time,” Bohl said

Bisonguy
09-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Article in today's Forum - http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?page=article_full&id=215768 It's mostly about how pissed off everybody is, but this section I'm posting is positive, and the last line got me pumped for the rest of the season.

On the positive side, Bohl said all of the injured players are expected to be cleared to possible play in the Southern Illinois game including middle linebacker Tyler Henry (knee), offensive tackle Gerry Ebel (knee) and running back Pat Paschall (ankle), who missed the Youngstown game.

Plus, linebacker Mike Maresh (hamstring), running back Tyler Roehl (ankle), defensive tackle Matthew Gratzek (hamstring) should be fully recovered in two weeks.

“The cavalry’s coming and it’s about time,” Bohl said

My favorite Bohl-ism from that article: "I can tell you this week will not be a week of brownies and fairies and take the week off."

Looks like playing IDLE this week is just what the doctor ordered.

4mcruenomore
09-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Lots of season left, 1 game at a time.
We'll be fine.

Bison"FANatic"
09-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Things are going to turn around. There were a lot of times that we looked great in that game on saturday and there were also a lot of times that we looked pretty bad. We lost a close game but look at the list of people we are going to get back from injury.

There is a silver lining in this in that it will make the team hungry and if they are a good team it will make them better. It will be a great motivator for them to work even harder. I would be willing to bet that if you would have asked the players if they wanted to have 3 aday practices after that loss they would have all said yes. We have players who now have a ton more experience going into the rest of the season and if we can stay healthy we will be a better team for it. I would rather have this happen early in the season then later in the year or in the playoffs. The talent is there, my opinion is we will now find out what the coaches are made of and I have a lot of faith in them. Things are not rosey in Bison land right now but adversity makes you better.

GOB1SON
09-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Also now I think we all have a bit more appreciation for exactly how tough this conference is going to be. This isn't the Great West and other than Indiana State, there aren't a whole lot of Southern Utah's out there. To put it into perspective, if we had to play Poly, Davis, and SDSU each TWICE last year, what would our record have been?

GOB1SON
09-23-2008, 02:27 PM
My favorite Bohl-ism from that article: "I can tell you this week will not be a week of brownies and fairies and take the week off."

Looks like playing IDLE this week is just what the doctor ordered.

I read that this morning and that is what I love about Coach. He talks it and then he walks it. I do wish he would quit with that creepy smile on the Coach Bohl Show though.

tcbison
09-23-2008, 02:29 PM
I read that this morning and that is what I love about Coach. He talks it and then he walks it. I do wish he would quit with that creepy smile on the Coach Bohl Show though.

I agree about the smile, it seems really fake and not right.

bisonhusker
09-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Lets be honest, this is a recipe for disaster for Dale Lennon and his mustache. He is going to be going up against a MONSTER sellout crowd, that will have a few beers in them from a fantastic tailgate, and one pissed off team lead by "The Tyler Roehl." Buckle up Dale. Don't pretend like you know how to win at the Dome, this team is going to light you up. You can tag this post, it will happen.

TheBisonator
09-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Lets be honest, this is a recipe for disaster for Dale Lennon and his mustache. He is going to be going up against a MONSTER sellout crowd, that will have a few beers in them from a fantastic tailgate, and one pissed off team lead by "The Tyler Roehl." Buckle up Dale. Don't pretend like you know how to win at the Dome, this team is going to light you up. You can tag this post, it will happen.

This post made my day. Rep to you.

WestDakotaBison
09-23-2008, 02:52 PM

Agreed...after hearing Bohl's news conference I would hate to be the next team coming into the dome. There's not going to be a whole lot of forgiveness coming from the Bison or the Bison Nation for that matter. The next two weeks can't go fast enough.

90BISON
09-23-2008, 04:41 PM

"THE PERFECT STORM":D

MAKBison
09-23-2008, 07:04 PM

Was it me, or did Coach Lennon's blip on the Coach B. show piss you off? I thought he was being a smug SOB!

X-Factor
09-23-2008, 07:18 PM

I'l tag it with some rep :)

BisonFB
09-23-2008, 07:25 PM
I agree about the smile, it seems really fake and not right.

Has anyone told him that? Maybe he doesn't realize it doesn't look natural. :D Who's going to tell him?

Not me!

ndsubison1
09-23-2008, 11:12 PM

rep pts. to you my brotha

CaBisonFan
09-25-2008, 02:56 AM
Lots of season left, 1 game at a time.
We'll be fine.

Right......on.