PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Contrast

NWNDBison
09-21-2008, 01:02 PM
I don't mean to start another thread to bash Grand Forks and UND. Because I'm really pretty tired of all of that.

Well, maybe I do intend to start that kind of thread. Otherwise, I should let a sleeping dog lie.

But I couldn't help notice the contrast in headlines over the exact same story on the Youngstown game in the Forum and in the GF Herald:

Forum: "March of the Penguins"

Herald: "Penguins Run Over Bison"

Figures. Tell me there's not a prevailing "rub your noses in it" attitude at the Herald. Nothing wrong with the headline, I suppose. Except it was a close game. Just not very neighborly.

Even the Youngstown Vindicator is more respectful with their headline: "YSU Buffaloes Bison."

tjbison
09-21-2008, 02:17 PM
I was listening to Bison React on WDAY last night and a guy from the Grand Shi**ty's calls in and asks if the sue should be ranked:banghead: :banghead: on a BISON POST GAME SHOW WTF?? screen the damn calls and then another guy calls about the freaking Viqeens! just got me pd-off:smh:

Bisonguy
09-21-2008, 03:52 PM
The Penguins did run all over the Bison. 340 yards worth. What's the big deal?

A1pigskin
09-21-2008, 04:17 PM
The Penguins did run all over the Bison. 340 yards worth. What's the big deal?

We did suck. Missed tackles, interceptions, and didn't stop the run.

56BISON73
09-21-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't mean to start another thread to bash Grand Forks and UND. Because I'm really pretty tired of all of that.

Well, maybe I do intend to start that kind of thread. Otherwise, I should let a sleeping dog lie.

But I couldn't help notice the contrast in headlines over the exact same story on the Youngstown game in the Forum and in the GF Herald:

Forum: "March of the Penguins"

Herald: "Penguins Run Over Bison"

Figures. Tell me there's not a prevailing "rub your noses in it" attitude at the Herald. Nothing wrong with the headline, I suppose. Except it was a close game. Just not very neighborly.

Even the Youngstown Vindicator is more respectful with their headline: "YSU Buffaloes Bison."

It REALLY wasnt a close game. (just the score at the end)
And YSU did run over the Bison. There has never been anything neighborly between Fargo and GF that I can remember. So is the headlines really that surprising?? PL