PDA

View Full Version : DJ....lakes your man is over-rated

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 02:20 AM
DJ looks too tentative

Diesel and Voit are our 2 best rb's

DJ dances around way too much and doesn't hit the hole. Granted he is young but Voit deserves more playing time...he is producing.

Roehl is a true All-American....was the spark that almost won us the game.

Come on lakes lets hear your "analysis"....LOL

silkamilkamonico
09-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Voight isn't as good as Pasch. Sorry.

lakesbison
09-21-2008, 02:55 AM
#1 your mom was over.rated...
#2 count the times DJ got the ball and 2-3 def guys hit him b4 the line of scrimmage...its crazy....its like remember the titans and no one is blocking for him..

#3--where's the Ol ball coach???? we gotta get DJ the ball in the open dammit!!

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Voight isn't as good as Pasch. Sorry.

I believe he is better but PP is good....his high ankle sprain will bother him all yr.

We'll see next year how the depth chart at rb shakes out.

But right now with PP hurt Voit is a better option than DJ....hits the hole fast and hard....good north-south runner. DJ dances around behind the line and loses yards...hit the hole then shake-and-bake.

We'll see what happens for SIU.

Good to have depth

SirHinn
09-21-2008, 03:00 AM
I believe he is better but PP is good....his high ankle sprain will bother him all yr.

We'll see next year how the depth chart at rb shakes out.

But right now with PP hurt Voit is a better option than DJ....hits the hole fast and hard....good north-south runner. DJ dances around behind the line and loses yards...hit the hole then shake-and-bake.

We'll see what happens for SIU.

Good to have depth

Your absolutely crazy if you think Voit is better then Paschall. Paschall is quicker, more explosive, and is the superior back. I also disagree that Voit is a better back then DJ.

unbison
09-21-2008, 03:01 AM
lakes he is right.... dj is going to be better hopefully.... but right now.... he is tentative.... and that is the reason he is getting hit right away

BisoninNWMN
#2 count the times DJ got the ball and 2-3 def guys hit him b4 the line of scrimmage...its crazy....its like remember the titans and no one is blocking for him..

LOL...lakes you're a clown.....remember the titans.....so no-one blocks for DJ...but for Roehl and Voit they will.....

#2....yah...too much dancing around...hit the frickin hole then shake and bake.....Voit is a better north/south runner

Wouldn't be dissin my mom...she can still kick-ass:D

I'm just unimpressed with DJ...after all the hype last yr and this summer. I believe Voit is better.....we'll see come SIU.

What we need is a MLB????????????

Anderson is not the answer

SlickVic
Your absolutely crazy if you think Voit is better then Paschall. Paschall is quicker, more explosive, and is the superior back. I also disagree that Voit is a better back then DJ.

++++++++ agreed

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 03:03 AM

We'll see.........

silkamilkamonico
09-21-2008, 03:03 AM
This is how I see it.

Voight is a better back than DJ right now, because his style is solid hit the hole and go. He's a powerful downhill runner.

I think DJ has a higher cieling of talent and will likely be the better back in the future once he adjusts to teh speed of the game at the D1 level.

Either way, we will have a great 1 2 punch with both of those guys in the future. They will compliment each other very well.

Lamar Gordon wasn't a very good back right away either, and it took him a while before he matured into a great RB.

SlickVic
09-21-2008, 03:04 AM
This is how I see it.

Voight is a better back than DJ right now, because his style is solid hit the hole and go. He's a powerful downhill runner.

I think DJ has a higher cieling of talent and will likely be the better back in the future once he adjusts to teh speed of the game at the D1 level.

Either way, we will have a great 1 2 punch with both of those guys in the future. They will compliment each other very well.

yup ++++++++ well said silkamilka

SirHinn
09-21-2008, 03:08 AM
We'll see.........

There is no we'll see in that statement. You said Voit is a better back then Paschall, you didn't say he'll be a better back next year. Show me what Voit has done in his career so far at NDSU to back him a better back then Paschall? If Voit is a better back then DJ, why didn't he start over him? I tend to think the coaches would start him over DJ if he was the superior back.

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 03:16 AM
There is no we'll see in that statement. You said Voit is a better back then Paschall, you didn't say he'll be a better back next year. Show me what Voit has done in his career so far at NDSU to back him a better back then Paschall? If Voit is a better back then DJ, why didn't he start over him? I tend to think the coaches would start him over DJ if he was the superior back.

Just going by what I have seen the 1st w games and today's game.....wasn't at WYO.

Don't know why.....I'm not in with the coaches. DJ has been unimpressive so far....dancing behind the line might be fine in high school but maybe it is the adjustment to the college game.

Coach Bohl has said Voit has done a very good job picking up blitzes and blocking....but with PP hurt with a high ankle sprain, I believe Voit is the #2.

Is he better than PP.....good ? PP has proven himself and Voit is only a RFR.....but IMO, next yr, he is going to give PP a run for the #1....my opinion.

Forget about next yr...this yr is not over. Good to have different types of runners....but with athletic defenses in this conference...hitting the hole fast and powering for extra yrds....good thing.

BisonNeil
09-21-2008, 03:47 AM
Good to have depth

You're kidding me right? What depth? You think the OL blocked better for Roehl then the other guys? Please...you are insulting everyone's intelligence. A warm body like DJ is not depth.

TransAmBison
09-21-2008, 03:50 AM

That's hilarious. Anybody can run the ball in the open.

NDSUstudent
09-21-2008, 03:51 AM
You're kidding me right? What depth? You think the OL blocked better for Roehl then the other guys? Please...you are insulting everyone's intelligence. A warm body like DJ is not depth.

I'll agree with you here, only Roehl and Paschall are capable of being the guy right now. We can't beat a good team with any other person starting.

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 11:24 AM

Yah....we did have depth before all the injuries:banghead: :banghead: Now that original depth is being tested

I never said the OL blocked better for 1 over the other, read my post.....lakes said something about remember the titans and blocking :confused: :confused:

LOL....insulting intelligence.....BisonNeil....you're the most pessimistic on this board...LOL

Mr. Burgundy
09-21-2008, 02:15 PM
BisonNeil....Are you Mike McFeeley? Is the sun going to come up tomorrow? Damn you are negative. Let me guess.....you knew that coming into the season our "Heisman" candidate of TR would get hurt, his backup would get hurt on the last play of the game against Wyoming, and you KNEW that two other running backs would not be enought? Trust me, that is as much depth as you will find at this level. We aren't USC. We don't go 10 deep at tailback. Plus, we are redshirting another tailback. All 5 of them have abilities.

PP is a great tailback. DJ and Voit are potentially great. Both have shown flashes. DJ needs condidence. Voit is playing very good right now. I wanted him to see the ball alot more to start the game. His yards per carry is solid. He needs more touches.

TR changed the game yesterday. Kid has a mean motor on him. That TD was all heart and determination. He wanted it more than anyone. I wanted him to go play lineback.

Enough complaining about QB and RB depth. You are so damn negative it bugs everyone on the board. The bye week is at a perfect time, and the kids then get to play in front of a wild home sellout.

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 02:22 PM
BisonNeil....Are you Mike McFeeley? Is the sun going to come up tomorrow? Damn you are negative. Let me guess.....you knew that coming into the season our "Heisman" candidate of TR would get hurt, his backup would get hurt on the last play of the game against Wyoming, and you KNEW that two other running backs would not be enought? Trust me, that is as much depth as you will find at this level. We aren't USC. We don't go 10 deep at tailback. Plus, we are redshirting another tailback. All 5 of them have abilities.

PP is a great tailback. DJ and Voit are potentially great. Both have shown flashes. DJ needs condidence. Voit is playing very good right now. I wanted him to see the ball alot more to start the game. His yards per carry is solid. He needs more touches.

TR changed the game yesterday. Kid has a mean motor on him. That TD was all heart and determination. He wanted it more than anyone. I wanted him to go play lineback.

Enough complaining about QB and RB depth. You are so damn negative it bugs everyone on the board. The bye week is at a perfect time, and the kids then get to play in front of a wild home sellout.

Right on Burgundy....better said than me.

2 weeks of rest is what we need:D

I'mWithNOSIB
09-21-2008, 02:41 PM
I agree with most of you. DJ dances too much as this is what he did in high school. The coaches are getting a good look and dont think they wont be on his ass for it.

DJ dances and that is why he is not able to get yardage. Also DJ likes to cut back too much. FOLLOW YOUR BLOCKERS!!!!

He's got to get the HS mentality out of his head and I think he will be a good back. I have seen glimpses and glimmers of his potential, just need to get rid of those bad HS habits.

TheDoctor
09-21-2008, 02:56 PM
BisonNeil....Are you Mike McFeeley? :rofl: He sure sounds like him! :rofl: ;)

CaBisonFan
09-21-2008, 05:40 PM
DJ looks too tentative

DJ dances around way too much and doesn't hit the hole. Granted he is young but Voit deserves more playing time...he is producing.

Both Voigt & DJ will be outstanding RB's at SU. They're very green.

DJ has a lot to learn...but his upside is huge.

IzzyFlexion
09-21-2008, 06:59 PM
DJ looks too tentative

Gotta include Tyler Jangula in your "best rb" list. I know, I know....he's a fullback but he is such a valuable part of that backfield corp. And as I lamented last week, he's not getting enough touches (only 1 carry and 1 reception last night).
Can someone please give me an AMEN. I can't be the only one who wants this guy to do more than block! (even though nobody does THAT better).

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Gotta include Tyler Jangula in your "best rb" list. I know, I know....he's a fullback but he is such a valuable part of that backfield corp. And as I lamented last week, he's not getting enough touches (only 1 carry and 1 reception last night).
Can someone please give me an AMEN. I can't be the only one who wants this guy to do more than block! (even though nobody does THAT better).

Good point, Jangula is a stud.

Boot-leg pass to him seems to always work.

A1pigskin
09-21-2008, 07:06 PM
When comparing DJ and Voigt, from what I have seen this season, Voigt is the better running back. Both players are still green but Voigt is showing to be a solid runner. DJ seems to dance around too much, it's not a bad thing if you use it to your advantage. I have seen DJ dance into a tackle more than once. I think DJ is a little to impatient and not following his blockers.

Now, if DJ utilizes his blockers and can dance at the right time, he will be a huge threat. But time will tell. Both players have some work to do but right now I would play Voigt more. I would love to see DJ prove us all wrong, but I don't see that happening right now.

A1pigskin
09-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Good point, Jangula is a stud.

Boot-leg pass to him seems to always work.

It's fun to watch him hit. He like watching an iron man contest.

IzzyFlexion
09-21-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks for placating me NWMN. I gotta be this kids biggest fan but am proud to say so!

ndsubison1
09-21-2008, 07:11 PM
this loss is really getting to our heads

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 07:45 PM
this loss is really getting to our heads

Really?????

Look at all the threads!!!!!!

Boy, a lot of long analysis on the team.....didn't know we had so many experts on Bison fb....maybe they should be the coaches:banghead: :banghead:

IMO -- Bison will be fine....no facts...just faith in our team:D :D

CaBisonFan
09-21-2008, 08:50 PM
DJ is tentative?

Big surprise.

Headlines:

'Red-Shirt Freshmen is Tentative'

wow

silkamilkamonico
09-21-2008, 08:57 PM
DJ is tentative?

Big surprise.

Headlines:

'Red-Shirt Freshmen is Tentative'

wow

There obviously must be some kind of glitch in his programming. Dispose of him now.

IzzyFlexion
09-21-2008, 09:16 PM
silka,
OK.......now this time I see it!:nod:

SirHinn
09-21-2008, 09:17 PM

He's not getting enough touches because his job is to block and occasionally catch the ball out of the backfield. There's a reason why he's playing FULLBACK and not halfback. They aren't going to try and force the ball to him unless he's open. The purpose of a FULLBACK in the westcoast offense is to be the lead blocker and occsionally catch balls out of the backfield. He's not Tyler Rohl, he won't bust 18 tackles and run 84 yards. Jangula is most valuable as a LEADBLOCKER, he's not included in the list as best RB because he's the FB. He fits the role perfectly within the Bison offense and the coaches are using him best for what his talent is best suited for. If Craig Bohl thought he was a better option then some of the tight ends, he would be using him as such.

IzzyFlexion
09-21-2008, 09:21 PM
SirHann,
I'm not going to disagree with you one bit. I get that, and I'm not going to question the staff's usage of him. It's just so electrifying when he makes a big play. (vs. Ball State, SHSU, U of M).

SlickVic
09-22-2008, 02:36 AM
old jangs is my favorite fullback of all time college or pro period regardless if he touches the ball or not the kids a BEAST ++++++++++

ndsubison1
09-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Jangula is the perfect example of a prototypical football player from ND

missingnumber7
09-22-2008, 03:26 AM
My biggest beef with DJ is that he is slow to the line of scrimmage. Thus getting hit by 2-3 guys behind the los. Also if you watch the game again, watch when he makes his cuts. Several replays showed that he stopped his feet making his cuts. Part of the learning curve, I see great potential, but not quite ready to be the man yet. They need to to do what the saints do with reggie bush, get him the ball in space, let him use his speed and make moves.

And if you don't agree with me about the speed to the LOS, think about the difference when Tyler came in be3fore halftime. He doesn't mess around in the backfield. 2 or 3 steps and he is at full speed.

lakesbison
09-22-2008, 03:33 PM
DJ stats

rush yards avg td long
31 122 4.0 2 16

4 yards a carry isnt the WORST .. is it?? he's a freakin FRESHMAN!

BisonNeil
09-22-2008, 04:21 PM
DJ stats

rush yards avg td long
31 122 4.0 2 16

4 yards a carry isnt the WORST .. is it?? he's a freakin FRESHMAN!

I knew you were challenged in many ways, but I didn't realize math was one of those. DJs average yds per carry is 3.1, NOT 4.0, which is not good and makes everyone's point here.

I don't know if you intentionally manufactured stats to make your point of if you are simply that out of touch because you want to excuse his yds lost, perhaps? They are a reality and are due to his inability to hit the hole fast enough and because he trys to juke players before he is in the second level, which is the point many have made here.

The real rushing stats from Go Bison, unadulterated (except for bolding) and untouched by Lakes:

RUSHING GP-GS Att Gain Loss Net Avg TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler Roehl 4-3 36 286 4 282 7.8 3 48 70.5
Pat Paschall 3-0 35 204 7 197 5.6 1 42 65.7
Matt Voigtlander 4-0 20 154 7 147 7.3 0 28 36.8
D.J. McNorton 4 -1 31 122 25 97 3.1 2 16 24.2

lakesbison
09-22-2008, 04:22 PM
120/30 = 4.0...... I rounded the 122/31.

gimme a break.

BisonNeil
09-22-2008, 04:25 PM
120/30 = 4.0...... I rounded the 122/31.

gimme a break.

The point is his NET yards are 97, not 122. Get it? He has lost 25 freaking yds during his carries, get it? This isn't higher math Lakes, but you do have to pay attention, which can be difficult, I know.

Hambone
09-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Since I haven't seen the Bison play this year, I just found a few of these stats interesting. The other three RB's combined have a total loss of 18 yards on 91 carries, compared to 25 on 31 carries for DJ. Also, Voigt has 50 more net yards on 11 less carries.

bisonaudit
09-22-2008, 06:53 PM
The point is his NET yards are 97, not 122. Get it? He has lost 25 freaking yds during his carries, get it? This isn't higher math Lakes, but you do have to pay attention, which can be difficult, I know.

By lakes' math the stock market is up 150% this year! Thanks, lakes, I'm feeling much better about my portfolio.

lakesbison
09-22-2008, 09:00 PM
YEA, THEY DONT BLOCK FOR DJ!!!

Audit.. Portfolio?? like modelling portfolio??

UTH
09-22-2008, 09:43 PM

Lakes, you modelled, too??? Lakesio? I knew it!!!

*is this where thundering herd photoshops lakes' pale, wigged mug onto a crotch novel? certainly hope not...:D

BlueBisonRock
09-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Lakes, you modelled, too??? Lakesio? I knew it!!!

*is this where thundering herd photoshops lakes' pale, wigged mug onto a crotch novel? certainly hope not...:D

Lakes Portfolio

lakesbison
09-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Lol... Perfect..

rutlandbison
09-23-2008, 01:15 AM
YEA, THEY DONT BLOCK FOR DJ!!!

Gimme a break!!!:banghead:

OrygunBison
09-23-2008, 01:31 AM
Is there any possibility that we can red-shirt DJ for another year? Two? Three or four? At some point, he'll learn to juke AFTER he goes through the hole.

lakesbison
09-23-2008, 03:15 PM
that was a STUPID POST.

GOB1SON
09-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I just watched Coach's press conference from yesterday (it's on gobison.com and for those who want to post intelligently on here, I would recommend watching it), and he made a number of references to "speed of the game". He didn't specifically single out a player, but I really think that is one thing that D.J. is adjusting to right now. The speed of these conference linebackers who can fill a gap very fast doesn't bode well for shaking and baking in the backfield.

He will get it figured out because he is a talented kid who is well coached.

bisonmike2
09-23-2008, 03:59 PM
he'll be fine. he's a freshmen.

tony
09-23-2008, 04:53 PM
he'll be fine. he's a freshmen.

Yeah, I agree - I think DJ will be find but I am really starting to wonder if the Lakes Effect is real.

BlueBisonRock
09-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I agree - I think DJ will be find but I am really starting to wonder if the Lakes Effect is real.

Are you infering that there is more snow as you get closer to the 'lakes'?

tony
09-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Are you infering that there is more snow as you get closer to the 'lakes'?

Naw, that's a different Lakes Effect... a month or two I postulated that there is a new Lakes Effect that boils down to "The more Lakes hypes somebody the less they contribute" or something like that. All in fun, of course.

bisonmike2
09-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Naw, that's a different Lakes Effect... a month or two I postulated that there is a new Lakes Effect that boils down to "The more Lakes hypes somebody the less they contribute" or something like that. All in fun, of course.

It's a genius theory. Let's look at some examples:

Mertens - there are about a thousand threads that will tell you how he's doing

D.J. - 20 carries for -100 yards or something like that.

Jose - ????. Hasn't played yet but it doesn't look good for the kid.

I know there are more examples but I'm too lazy to find them.

Herd Mentality
09-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Pulling for Voigtlander...if not only so I can get another 4 years out of my #23 jersey.

MAKBison
09-23-2008, 07:07 PM
I just watched Coach's press conference from yesterday (it's on gobison.com and for those who want to post intelligently on here, I would recommend watching it), and he made a number of references to "speed of the game". He didn't specifically single out a player, but I really think that is one thing that D.J. is adjusting to right now. The speed of these conference linebackers who can fill a gap very fast doesn't bode well for shaking and baking in the backfield.

He will get it figured out because he is a talented kid who is well coached.

The group I sit with all noticed that the only back to really hit the hole is TR.

56BISON73
09-23-2008, 07:16 PM

Lakes Effect= AKA Kiss of Death :D
PL

lakesbison
09-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Mertens, DJ & Jose..... dont worry guys.. I got your back's!!

CaBisonFan
09-25-2008, 02:41 AM
Mertens, DJ & Jose..... dont worry guys.. I got your back's!!

They will all contribute in time. All three are very talented.

BisoninNWMN
09-25-2008, 02:48 AM
They will all contribute in time. All three are very talented.

Mertens: Hopefully sooner rather than later;)

TransAmBison
09-25-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm sure getting a kick out of Lakes's signature. Going after the "fake bandwagoners" and such. Yeah, better watch out, at least until halftime when the real bandwagoner has left. :D :D

lakesbison
09-25-2008, 03:35 PM
NO... by halftime my job was done in game 1 and 2.... we just went early to celebrate..

remember.. division 1 is a celebration!!!