PDA

View Full Version : Too many picks!!!!!!!

BisonBrewer
09-21-2008, 02:00 AM
Tyler looked very good tonight BUT we can't survive the MVFC throwing the pigskin to the other guys.

The Bison O&D need to play more consistent football.

...... observations from the LeftCoast

Great Beer out here. Come out and have some!

The Brewer is still behind the BISON!

A1pigskin
09-21-2008, 02:01 AM
Tyler looked very good tonight BUT we can't survive the MVFC throwing the pigskin to the other guys.

The Bison O&D need to play more consistent football.

...... observations from the LeftCoast

Great Beer out here. Come out and have some!

The Brewer is still behind the BISON!

Yep...........................

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 02:04 AM
Wyo-----------3 ints
YSU ----------4 ints

Both loses.......pretty simple....don't turn the ball over

Defense....oh boy....need a MLB.....WYO and YSU right up the middle...Anderson is not the answer or Busey? .....need a big MLB to plug the holes

Bisonguy
09-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Wyo-----------3 ints
YSU ----------4 ints

Both loses.......pretty simple....don't turn the ball over

Defense....oh boy....need a MLB.....WYO and YSU right up the middle...Anderson is not the answer or Busey? .....need a big MLB to plug the holes

Yup, as I've been saying since before the Wyo game, Henry was the biggest loss to injury.

The other issue is the lack of creating turnovers. Humber's doing a great job at it, but it's been an area that has dropped off a lot the last couple of seasons.

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 02:13 AM
Yup, as I've been saying since before the Wyo game, Henry was the biggest loss to injury.

The other issue is the lack of creating turnovers. Humber's doing a great job at it, but it's been an area that has dropped off a lot the last couple of seasons.

Purcell was out of position on many occasions

DJ does too much dancing around....Diesel and Voit are the 2 best RB's

Damn run defense has to get much better or we are in big trouble

2 weeks off comes at a good time

....but we still had a chance to tie the game even with the way we played..........Bison are good but need to clean up the mistakes

BisonFB
09-21-2008, 02:13 AM

Roehl could play both sides of the ball...he could be a dynamite MLB

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 02:15 AM

Roehl is an All-American.....he was the "spark" that almost won us the game....but he is only 1 player

Defense has to step it up........need a MLB

BisonBrewer
09-21-2008, 02:18 AM
Ramon had a great game!

It seemed that he was in on virtually every tackle in the second half (with NONE missed).

We WILL recover from this.

It could come down to the Jacks in the Dome.

See you all in two weeks.

the beer man

NDSUstudent
09-21-2008, 02:19 AM
Roehl is an All-American.....he was the "spark" that almost won us the game....but he is only 1 player

Defense has to step it up........need a MLB

Yeah, what is going on with Henry? I have never heard a diagnosis on what happend to his knee and the only report I heard was that Kolpack said he looked great in practice prior to WYO.

msvjcpa
09-21-2008, 02:20 AM
Houston? We have a QB problem...

7 picks in the last two games isn't going to cut it. Mertens seems very inaccurate to state it mildly. We have no real chance of competing if we throw 3-4 picks a game.

The defense got gashed tonight. The option killed us. It's almost like we prepared for a different offensive set. I don't understand why we stop the d-line rotation late in the game. Compton and Lardy were gassed. We've got two super back up d-ends that contribute almost anytime they are in there (for their two plays at a time). We needed a stop big time and couldn't get it. In the end it didn't matter because of the pick but I still scratch my head as to why we don't keep running fresh bodies in.

Tough to watch this one...

56BISON73
09-21-2008, 02:21 AM
Eliminate the interceptions and we win. Eliminate 300 plus rushing yards we win. The two combined was too much. We still had a chance at the end even though we played crappy. PL

ps
Seems as though the Tyler shouldnt play crowd hasnt had much to say?????:D

BisoninNWMN
09-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Eliminate the interceptions and we win. Eliminate 300 plus rushing yards we win. The two combined was too much. We still had a chance at the end even though we played crappy. PL

ps

Tyler damn near won us the game....but only 1 player

True All-American

GOB1SON
09-21-2008, 02:23 AM
Just think about this:

We have the best offensive player and best defensive player in the MVFC (my opinion, but I think it is a pretty defensible one!!!)

When TR is healthy, who is better?

And LHumbar-wagon is playing amazing right now. Even in the loss tonight, he played very well.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

BisonBrewer
09-21-2008, 02:24 AM

GREAT observation.

He almost carried us tonight.

Both sides of the ball could spark the defense if the ankle is up to the challenge!

justa California Dreamer........................

pantherhawkrolling
09-21-2008, 02:32 AM

ps

I guess that throwing 4 picks and allowing 300 yards on the ground would equal a loss in about 98% of contests. I didn't see the game, but the Bison must have been far better in other aspects of the game for it to be as close as it was with those two statistics.
If I were you, I would not sweat the picks too much because those are the type of errors that a good coaching staff will correct. I would be more concerned about the rushing total, that will spell doom in the MVFC if not corrected.
Don't be too down, in the entire history of the Gateway a team has gone undefeated in the conference like 4 or 5 times. I take a road loss in the conference almost as a given, even when we have a great team. Undefeated seasons virtually never happen, and almost all the conference champs have at least one loss, so this result is probably not as bad as it might seem right now.

NDSUstudent
09-21-2008, 02:33 AM
I guess that throwing 4 picks and allowing 300 yards on the ground would equal a loss in about 98% of contests. I didn't see the game, but the Bison must have been far better in other aspects of the game for it to be as close as it was with those two statistics.
If I were you, I would not sweat the picks too much because those are the type of errors that a good coaching staff will correct. I would be more concerned about the rushing total, that will spell doom in the MVFC if not corrected.
Don't be too down, in the entire history of the Gateway a team has gone undefeated in the conference like 4 or 5 times. I take a road loss in the conference almost as a given, even when we have a great team. Undefeated seasons virtually never happen, and almost all the conference champs have at least one loss, so this result is probably not as bad as it might seem right now.

Wow, what a great MVFC conference and putting a tough loss into perspective mind. Rep to you!

stevdock
09-21-2008, 02:42 AM
Isn't Preston Evans a MLB?? If he is why not give him at least a few plays out there. As much as I think Anderson will be a very good LB for the Bison, I do think he is an OLB.

BisonBrewer
09-21-2008, 02:51 AM
Wow, what a great MVFC conference and putting a tough loss into perspective mind. Rep to you!

We have not been in this situation in a very, very long time.

Putting a loss in perspective should be a priority for coaches and fans alike.

We will ALL learn from this one.

This IS a tough conference.

This sort of adversity should be expected.

WHATTA want?

The Big Sky with way too many bottom feeders?

SlickVic
09-21-2008, 02:56 AM
We have not been in this situation in a very, very long time.

Putting a loss in perspective should be a priority for coaches and fans alike.

We will ALL learn from this one.

This IS a tough conference.

This sort of adversity should be expected.

WHATTA want?

The Big Sky with way too many bottom feeders?

no im just jacked after this game first thing i thought was wow cant wait to play the penguins at the dome next year the MVFC is going to be clash after clash after clash chea im just jacked about that

BisonBrewer
09-21-2008, 03:00 AM
You have my attention!

Every season will be like this game.

AMEN!!!

Bisonguy
09-21-2008, 03:13 AM
Isn't Preston Evans a MLB?? If he is why not give him at least a few plays out there. As much as I think Anderson will be a very good LB for the Bison, I do think he is an OLB.

Yeah, Anderson was moved over to Mike after Henry was injured, and Bussey didn't have enough time with the team after his transcript issue.I think I've said it about ten times already, but I' hope Henry is ready to go soon.

SlickVic
09-21-2008, 03:14 AM
Yeah, Anderson was moved over to Mike after Henry was injured, and Bussey didn't have enough time with the team after his transcript issue.I think I've said it about ten times already, but I' hope Henry is ready to go soon.

++++++++ or maybe just play 4 down ramon and 6 in the secondary ;)