PDA

View Full Version : Sports Network Prediction...

NDSUstudent
09-18-2008, 06:23 PM
No. 3 North Dakota State (2-1, 0-0 MVFC) at Youngstown State (1-2, 0-1 MVFC), 6 p.m.

All the anticipation of being a rookie member of one of the toughest leagues in the FCS will be realized as North Dakota State plays its inaugural game as a member of the Missouri Valley Football Conference, at the Ice Castle against Youngstown State.

The Bison are coming off a heartbreaking 16-13 loss at Wyoming. NDSU led 13-0 early in the third quarter, but the Cowboys scored 16 unanswered points in the final 20 minutes to win 16-13 at 7,220-foot War Memorial Stadium.

The Bison were by the early departure of Walter Payton Award candidate Tyler Roehl, who re-aggravated an ankle injury he suffered a week earlier in a 50-14 win over Central Connecticut State. Pat Paschall has paced the running game for the Bison in Roehls absence, rushing for 197 yards and a touchdown in three contests.

NDSU quarterback Nick Mertens connected on 16-of-30 passes for 215 yards and a touchdown, but was victimized by three interceptions. Kole Heckendorf was the most productive offensive weapon for the Bison, hauling in three passes for 103 yards (34.3 average).

Defensively, the Bison have been stout, allowing just 12 points per game and 75.3 yards. Linebacker Ramon Humber has 27 tackles to go along with 2.5 sacks and a forced fumble.

Things got a little better for Youngstown State in a 38-0 win over Division II Central State at the Ice Castle last Saturday.

The Penguins have lost two of three defensive linemen to injury, including All-American defensive end Mychal Savage, and quarterback Todd Rowan left the program after the loss at South Dakota State. Taking over for Rowan was Brandon Summers, who completed 6-of-8 passes for 101 yards and two scores.

Running back Jabari Scott has been one of the few bright spots offensively on the campaign for Youngstown. He rushed for 111 yards and two touchdowns on 14 carries.

After giving up 83 points in the first two contests of the season, the Penguins posted a shutout, forced three turnovers and held the Marauders to just 198 yards of total offense. The Penguins have been led defensively by defensive back Andre Elliott, who has totaled 19 tackles and linebacker Lenny Wicks (18 tackles)

North Dakota State 42 Youngstown State 10

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4180293

bisonmike2
09-18-2008, 06:33 PM
42-10? Seems a bit high to me but I'll take it.

McBison
09-18-2008, 07:06 PM

Couldn't have typed it better myself

SDbison
09-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Sounds about right to me........Bison need to play like they are capable of doing. If so, Youngstown has no chance.

Bison101
09-18-2008, 10:20 PM
:confused: I don't know.... can our guys bounce back that much after a gut-wrenching loss?

BisoninNWMN
09-18-2008, 10:28 PM
:confused: I don't know.... can our guys bounce back that much after a gut-wrenching loss?

Damn right they can.

Bison all over YSU: 34-14

bisonmike2
09-19-2008, 02:31 PM

If I were setting up the perfect game I would have the following ingrediants.

1) NDSU jumps out to a double digit lead by looking crisp on offense and solid on defense.
2) Late second, early 3rd, YSU makes a comeback, gets some help from some ridiculous plays and comes back to within 1 score. This gets the home crowd fully behind YSU
3) NDSU answers the chanllenge and drops the hammer. Offense executes methodically puts a couple of scores on the board and the defense shuts YSU down but getting a couple 3 and outs and maybe a turnover or two.

Final Bison 34-17

Don't get me wrong, if NDSU comes out and leads wire to wire and blows them out I'll take that but if the above happens it could really gel this team and give them a ton of confidence for the rest of the year.

Bison"FANatic"
09-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Wow 42 - 10 at their place. That is pretty bold. But if you take a objective view and and you see that they lost to another conference member by a huge margin and their QB quite the team. I can see where the outside predictions are coming from. I think it will be quite a bit closer than that though.

bisonmike2
09-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Wow 42 - 10 at their place. That is pretty bold. But if you take a objective view and and you see that they lost to another conference member by a huge margin and their QB quite the team. I can see where the outside predictions are coming from. I think it will be quite a bit closer than that though.

Is it time to post this guy yet?
http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/TV/9805/28/hartman.snl/farley.jpg

Flightless birds wearing tuxedos minus 3
Da Bison - 142

cbline
09-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Is it time to post this guy yet?
http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/TV/9805/28/hartman.snl/farley.jpg

Flightless birds wearing tuxedos minus 3
Da Bison - 142

Ya, but what it da flightless bird is named "Ditka"? I would still go with da Bison, cause Bohl might be stronger den Ditka by now.

GOB1SON
09-19-2008, 03:42 PM
Take into account:

All of YSU's defensive line is hurt, leaving them vulnerable up front

The starting QB quit the team after being benched following SDSU

YSU has one win, which is against D2

TOSU and SDSU blew them out (granted on the road)

NDSU has injury issues, but is pretty deep, but having Schoomer back will help A LOT

NDSU just played the most dissapointing half of football it has played in 2+ years and has something to prove to itself.

NDSU has to be pumped to play it's first "real" FCS game (I mean real in the sense that we can now start playing for the big enchilada, and winning conference games is how you get there)

Add it all up:

NDSU 27 - YSU 14.

NDSUstudent
09-19-2008, 04:17 PM
CSN Prediction...

#3 North Dakota State at Youngstown State. If you didn’t look at the injury reports going into this game, this would be a no-brainer: the Bison, with runningback Tyler Roehl and one of the best defenses in FCS, would undoubtedly give Youngstown State a rough day at the races. That is until you see that Roehl came out with a badly sprained ankle in the first quarter of the Wyoming game – and so did his backup Pat Paschall. Entering Missouri Valley conference play with the third-string runningback? I’m not saying the Penguins will win – with junior quarterback Brandon Summers in only his second start – but it will be a hard-fought struggle with a closer score than some Bison might think.

Mile High Ankle Sprains 23, Summers at the Ice Capades 12.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=the-csn-way-where-have-all-the-great-gam&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Moonstar
09-19-2008, 04:44 PM
CSN Prediction...

it will be a hard-fought struggle with a closer score than some Bison might think.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&title=the-csn-way-where-have-all-the-great-gam&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I gotta agree!

TheBisonator
09-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm not going to make a prediction, because I made one last week for the first time in a long time and we lost. So I don't want to jinx us again.:blush:

CaBisonFan
09-20-2008, 06:08 AM
I would 'not' want to be Youngstown this weekend. They could surprise us...but the Bison have to be foaming at the mouth.

No score prediction...but the Bison will play their best game of the season to this point.

sambini
09-20-2008, 11:04 AM
YES they can+++++++++++