PDA

View Full Version : Coach Bohl for Coach of the year!! We can do it!!

imabison
09-17-2008, 10:03 PM
http://www.coachoftheyear.com/default.aspx?src=COY_email_votenow08

Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year.

Vote daily.

larson311
09-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Bump...this should probably be a sticky as well!!

56BISON73
09-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Isnt this just a tad premature????? PL

heckler
09-18-2008, 07:39 PM

I totally agree...

larson311
09-19-2008, 01:07 AM
I totally agree...

It's premature, but we might as well vote....by the end of the year when we win the FCS title game it will be too late to catch up ;)

imabison
09-19-2008, 02:32 AM
Not when you consider the vote is in progress, and continuing now.

heckler
09-19-2008, 05:32 PM
2-1 ... little too soon for me to cast my vote.

Bisonguy
09-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Bohl's results with the student-athletes off the field was reason enough for me to cast my vote.

imabison
09-19-2008, 06:25 PM
2-1 ... little too soon for me to cast my vote.
And later when they narrow the field, and Coach Bohl is not part of the finals we will thank you for not participating. :)

heckler
09-19-2008, 08:18 PM
ok you do that :rolleyes:

sambini
09-20-2008, 11:15 AM

Vote daily.
Done deal+++++

A1pigskin
09-20-2008, 06:00 PM

Vote daily.

Thanks for the link.

heckler
09-21-2008, 01:31 AM
And later when they narrow the field, and Coach Bohl is not part of the finals we will thank you for not participating. :)

so is it too late to cast my vote or has that boat left yet?

A1pigskin
09-21-2008, 01:54 AM
I voted before the game.

fan
09-23-2008, 02:19 AM
Bohl is a heck of a coach. This thread has gone dead since Saturday. What are the thoughts now? I say he is a great coach but I reserve my coach of the year award.

imabison
09-23-2008, 03:04 AM
so is it too late to cast my vote or has that boat left yet?
Its never to late to cast your vote for Coach Bohl.

Not sure if the names are in any order but Bohl is 5 on the displayed list.

Who is Liberty University?

fan
10-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Bohl is a heck of a coach. This thread has gone dead since Saturday. What are the thoughts now? I say he is a great coach but I reserve my coach of the year award.

I would not vote for Coach Bohl for "Coach of the Year" this year.

A1pigskin
10-19-2008, 11:15 PM
I doubt he'll win this with a losing season.

imabison
11-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Its never to late to cast your vote for Coach Bohl.

Not sure if the names are in any order but Bohl is 5 on the displayed list.

Who is Liberty University?
Coach Bohl is now in 6th place. Top 5 advance. The 5th place is the STASH Dale Lennon from SIU.

Bohl has bounced from 7th to 4th up and down over the last couple weeks.

www.coachofthe year.com

Vote!!

stevdock
11-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Why?? It's not as if the team has produced to warrant such an honor. Kinda embarassing if Bohl were to win this and we ended up with a losing season.

imabison
11-12-2008, 03:17 AM
Why?? It's not as if the team has produced to warrant such an honor. Kinda embarassing if Bohl were to win this and we ended up with a losing season.
I happen to disagree with you, but we can get enough other votes to get to the next round.

extremerouge
11-12-2008, 03:47 AM
I happen to disagree with you, but we can get enough other votes to get to the next round.
i'm in the same boat as stevdock in that I do not believe that Coach Bohl is deserving of Coach of the Year honors. Yes, I know he is a good coach. I agree with that wholeheartedly, but he hasn't been Coach of the Year material...

NDSUdonny
11-12-2008, 04:28 AM
I'm not voting for Bohl for coach of the year, did you guys know we are 5-4???

MAKBison
11-12-2008, 07:18 AM
why would he deserve coach of the year?

JSUBison
11-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm not voting for Bohl for coach of the year, did you guys know we are 5-4???

This guy is going to vote for him too:

http://www.burnsidewriterscollective.com/letters/kool-aid_man_200.jpg

SDbison
11-12-2008, 05:15 PM
This thread should be closed and put away.......even if Bohl somehow figures out how to win the next two games with a crap QB and a limited playbook he still failed this year in my judgement. Under-delivered for what was supposed to be a playoff year with a home playoff game. The playoff chances are now so very remote. Some of you homers need to get a grip on reality!

NDSUFan_Sav
11-12-2008, 05:21 PM
This thread should be closed and put away.......even if Bohl somehow figures out how to win the next two games with a crap QB and a limited playbook he still failed this year in my judgement. Under-delivered for what was supposed to be a playoff year with a home playoff game. The playoff chances are now so very remote. Some of you homers need to get a grip on reality!

By how this season has gone I already feel he failed, look at what some the players even said about how they prepared for the season and how they practiced on a weekly basis. The coaching changed BIG TIME from last year to this year. They were more laid back over the summer then they were the year before....WHY? Why not practice the same way and if players are getting tired late in the season sub more throughout the year???

bisonbrody9
11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Can we delete this thread so that nobody else gets the crazy idea to vote for him?

imabison
11-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Can we delete this thread so that nobody else gets the crazy idea to vote for him?
From my point of view I stand by the Bison, and the coach even if they are not having the best of years.

bisonmike2
11-12-2008, 07:57 PM
From my point of view I stand by the Bison, and the coach even if they are not having the best of years.

I don't think we are saying we should abandon Bohl or the Bison. I think the consensus feel that a coach coming off of back to back 10-1 seasons should not be in the running for coach of the year with a 4 loss team. Now if a coach took an Indiana St from the year they are having to 7-4 record that would be worthy of consideration.

Scooter1
11-12-2008, 08:38 PM
This is stupid.... Bohl is a good coach. However,

1. ability to recruit QB's
2. Special teams coaching
3 Special teams coaching
4 Special teams coaching
5. Team lack of focus after tough Wyoming loss. (lasted for weeks)

Now, a coach worthy is the coach from Weber St.

They beat the Hell out of Montana and do not have an FCS loss.

Don't we mock the people who vote for their team in the polls no matter what?

bisonbrody9
11-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Well said mike and scooter. Agreed 100%

Bohl is a good coach, but he dealt himself the hand that he is playing with this year. No excuses.

Bison"FANatic"
11-12-2008, 09:10 PM
And he would be the first to stand there and take the blame for the debacle we have this year.

Coach of the year ------ Not a chance

But am I dang glad he is coach of the North Dakota State University Bison---- Hell Ya

d3boys
11-12-2008, 09:47 PM
there will be years in the future when we can vote for him for coach of the year just not this year

TransAmBison
11-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Standing behind your team and coach is one thing. Promoting your coach as coach of the year during a year like this is something I would expect from a Firetruck fan. They have no grip on reality.*

*But they do have hockey.

HerdBot
11-13-2008, 01:56 PM
This is stupid.... Bohl is a good coach. However,

1. ability to recruit QB's
2. Special teams coaching
3 Special teams coaching
4 Special teams coaching
5. Team lack of focus after tough Wyoming loss. (lasted for weeks)

Now, a coach worthy is the coach from Weber St.

They beat the Hell out of Montana and do not have an FCS loss.

Don't we mock the people who vote for their team in the polls no matter what?

Weber State... absolutely! That's the same team we whooped arse on a few years ago. Nice turn around!

Bohl is a phenomenal coach but this is not a good year to vote for him. Maybe next year or if somehow we can squeeze into the playoffs.

OldBison
11-14-2008, 02:36 PM
And he would be the first to stand there and take the blame for the debacle we have this year.

I have seen absolutely no evidence of this and I doubt like hell anyone ever will.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2008, 03:18 PM
What are we Rabbit fans? Celebrating and trying to pump up a coach with a mediocre record. As Bison fans we should set our standards a little bit higher.

Bison"FANatic"
11-14-2008, 03:34 PM
I have seen absolutely no evidence of this and I doubt like hell anyone ever will.

I have at teammakers. He has said it many times this year. He flat out said after the Youngstown state loss that he was taking any and all questions because he was there to answer all of them as basically the buck stopped with him and he was there to take the heat. And he did, some quite pointed questions. He is a good coach and a true gentleman, he does not brag and take credits for the win but he takes the heat for the losses. And this is not even through my green and gold glasses and I have not even been drinking the Bison kool-aid.

Has he made mistakes, absolutely but everyone does. It is how you handle the mistakes and continue on in the future. If he continues to make them year after year then we have a problem but for now lets see what the coach is made of and what he can accomplish.