PDA

View Full Version : Did the price of victory become too high?

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 03:31 AM
Did anyone get the feeling that there came a point where the coaching staff felt that the price of victory had become too high, as the injuries mounted? In other words...did they pull guys that were dinged that otherwise would have played against an opponent like UNI, Youngstown, etc? And could it have affected some of the play calling?

Was there a subliminal white flag...which led to a 'playing not to lose' attitude...which led to dropped passes, careless passes, & other mental mistakes?

I 'know' they didn't try to lose...but as the injuries mounted, it seemed like the em-PHA-sis of the game changed...and that the focus had been lost...perhaps explaining how things changed from domination in the first half, to what happened. Of course, Wyoming played better, but maybe they sensed our shift in attitude.

I am 'not' criticizing anyone. I've played enough sports to know that no one EVER wants to lose...but I wonder.

Did the price of winning one game become too high?

Translation: Did we try to save the team from more damage, and in the process, lost the momentum & focus? Tough to get it back once it's gone.

McBison
09-16-2008, 03:56 AM
I don't think so. The third quarter of the Central Connecticut game looked a lot like what the third quarter of the Wyoming game sounded like. Sloppy. Probably for different reasons, but non-the-less sloppy in my opinion. I am not too concerned that the Bison will improve from that because of all the talent in the program. The problem the Bison will face for the next couple of weeks will be injuries. I'm excited to see how things pan out though, I have faith.

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 04:00 AM
I don't think so. The third quarter of the Central Connecticut game looked a lot like what the third quarter of the Wyoming game sounded like. Sloppy. Probably for different reasons, but non-the-less sloppy in my opinion. I am not too concerned that the Bison will improve from that because of all the talent in the program. The problem the Bison will face for the next couple of weeks will be injuries. I'm excited to see how things pan out though, I have faith.

Not doubting you. Were you at the game?

Listening on the radio sucked.

McBison
09-16-2008, 04:13 AM
I was at the Central Connecticut game yes. I am saving my 'road games' for the post season. knock-on-wood. I believe if the Bison do get some post season games there will be a nice following. I just hope the team can get into a rhythm with the injuries. I do not know anything about the behind the scenes with the football program, but I assume it is a tight group that will be able to adjust without too much of a problem.

Gully
09-16-2008, 04:34 AM
Did anyone get the feeling that there came a point where the coaching staff felt that the price of victory had become too high, as the injuries mounted? In other words...did they pull guys that were dinged that otherwise would have played against an opponent like UNI, Youngstown, etc? And could it have affected some of the play calling?

Was there a subliminal white flag...which led to a 'playing not to lose' attitude...which led to dropped passes, careless passes, & other mental mistakes?

I 'know' they didn't try to lose...but as the injuries mounted, it seemed like the em-PHA-sis of the game changed...and that the focus had been lost...perhaps explaining how things changed from domination in the first half, to what happened. Of course, Wyoming played better, but maybe they sensed our shift in attitude.

I am 'not' criticizing anyone. I've played enough sports to know that no one EVER wants to lose...but I wonder.

Translation: Did we try to save the team from more damage, and in the process, lost the momentum & focus? Tough to get it back once it's gone.

CA....love your posts and respect your opinion but I think you're overthinking this one. We took a lead, then got beat up and worn down and made mental mistakes (drops and penalties) and lost a hard fought battle. Sometimes that happens, especially playing a team with 22 more scholarships.

We'll be back. Still have an excellent chance of postseason play.

GradBison
09-16-2008, 04:42 AM
I don't see things that way at all. Proof of that: passing, you don't pass if you're playing to not lose. Also the laterals at the end of the game trying to pull out a win. That's the play Paschall got injured on by the way.

99Bison
09-16-2008, 05:04 AM

Ummm, one word says it all. No.

NDSUstudent
09-16-2008, 05:33 AM
We lost the WYO game due to injuries and poor execution. Some could argue playcalling as well, but if we execute those pass plays nobody is doubting those 2nd half passing calls.

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 06:16 AM
CA....love your posts and respect your opinion but I think you're overthinking this one. We took a lead, then got beat up and worn down and made mental mistakes (drops and penalties) and lost a hard fought battle. Sometimes that happens, especially playing a team with 22 more scholarships.

Thanks

My thinking is that we simply saved it.

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 06:17 AM
Ummm, one word says it all. No.

Ah.......OK.

TheDoctor
09-16-2008, 06:20 AM
CA....I think you're overthinking this one.

:D Thats NEVER happened before! :D ;)

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 06:22 AM

You are very likely correct. I was suggesting something...but really asking. Kind of hard to know by listening to the radio.

I'll go with the beat up and worn down. It sounded like we pulled guys with the future in mind. If we had been in a huge conference game, would things have been different?

As well as being worn down, I think that we lost our focus. It's just my opinion. A subliminal situation in a game that wasn't worth risking everything for. Could be very wrong...and likely are very wrong...but if we had been playing UNI or SDSU for the conference title...I think that the thinking would have been very different. Hurt players would have played, unless it was really bad. The receivers would have been more focused. Again, just an opinion.

No offense taken. I'm just babbling.

OldBison
09-16-2008, 05:32 PM
If the coaches were really trying to save guys and not play those that could then why did Roehl play? He never should have, that was an idiotic move on the coaches part. :ranting:

I certainly hope they don't play him this week.

X-Factor
09-16-2008, 05:50 PM
If the coaches were really trying to save guys and not play those that could then why did Roehl play? He never should have, that was an idiotic move on the coaches part. :ranting:

I certainly hope they don't play him this week.

no need for name calling. "Bohl said he wouldn’t have played Roehl if there was a chance the senior could have injured his foot worse." - http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/214960 I think the coaches have more than earned your respect and everyone else's to determine what is best for the individual players and team. They have a great record to back that up. Nobody knows the players better than the trainers, medical staff, and coaches...so to come out and say it was an "idiotic move" is talking without knowledge. Just another armchair quarterback

WYOBISONMAN
09-16-2008, 05:54 PM
The bottom line is that Bohl and Company made the BEST choices possible for our team and our program. I totally trust what they did and while the result was not what we wanted on Saturday, I still say without any reservation that we have the best coaching crew in all of FCS football.

And at the administrative level.....NO ONE beats the team of Joe Chapman and Gene Taylor. They are simply the best and most visionary leadership team I have ever seen.

See ya in Youngstown......

bisonhusker
09-16-2008, 07:09 PM
If we catch a few extra balls in that game, that we normally catch, we are not having this discussion.

GradBison
09-16-2008, 07:49 PM
If we catch a few extra balls in that game, that we normally catch, we are not having this discussion.
++++
Truth.

IBleedYellow
09-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Seems to me like you are trying to find a way to justify this loss. Nothing against you CA. Just seems like you can't believe the Bison lost and are trying to prove why we lost not because of the players talent, or somthing. Every once and a while a great team just has a bad day. Everyone has them, just let Bohl coach them up this week, get through Y-Town (most likely) then we will be able to use our Bye to the fullest potential.

Just give them time. Even if it is not in our favor.

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 10:35 PM
:D Thats NEVER happened before! :D ;)

You should try it sometime...even in moderate doses.

Thinking...that is. :innocent:

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 10:36 PM
The bottom line is that Bohl and Company made the BEST choices possible for our team and our program. I totally trust what they did and while the result was not what we wanted on Saturday, I still say without any reservation that we have the best coaching crew in all of FCS football.

And at the administrative level.....NO ONE beats the team of Joe Chapman and Gene Taylor. They are simply the best and most visionary leadership team I have ever seen.

See ya in Youngstown......

I couldn't agree more.

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 10:40 PM

Which is partly what I'm talking about. Anyone that's ever played competitive athletics knows that the game 90 is percent mental...and that the other half is physical.

You're exactly right.

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Seems to me like you are trying to find a way to justify this loss. Nothing against you CA. Just seems like you can't believe the Bison lost and are trying to prove why we lost not because of the players talent, or somthing. Every once and a while a great team just has a bad day. Everyone has them, just let Bohl coach them up this week, get through Y-Town (most likely) then we will be able to use our Bye to the fullest potential.

Just give them time. Even if it is not in our favor.

My point has everything to do with justification...and an analysis of what happened to the mental game. No one quit...no one tried to lose. But we 'did' lose the mental game in the 2nd half. As you said...it just happens once in a while no matter how good you are. I don't think that we were out-talented, by any stretch. If there was a game for this to happen...it happened in the right game.

My larger point being that we are focused on the right thing now...which is the conference, and aiming for the playoffs...to everyone's credit.

We have a great coaching staff...and great players.

TransAmBison
09-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Which is partly what I'm talking about. Anyone that's ever played competitive athletics knows that the game 90 is percent mental...and that the other half is physical.

You're exactly right.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

56BISON73
09-17-2008, 01:02 AM
This isnt the NFL where you sit players during the preseason or sit them later when you have a playoff spot locked up.
You play the players that you need to win as EVERY game is important. PL

BisoninNWMN
09-17-2008, 01:22 AM
This isnt the NFL where you sit players during the preseason or sit them later when you have a playoff spot locked up.

Exactly....that's probably why they pulled the redshirt off Preston. I doubt is was for special teams.....it sounds like he was an animal at MLB during camp, and the team needs him now. WYO, in the 2nd half, ran up the middle of our defense....maybe Preston is the best option??

Hopefully DJ and Voit can pick-up where Diesel and PP left off. I think they will do just fine against YSU.

56BISON73
09-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Exactly....that's probably why they pulled the redshirt off Preston. I doubt is was for special teams.....it sounds like he was an animal at MLB during camp, and the team needs him now. WYO, in the 2nd half, ran up the middle of our defense....maybe Preston is the best option??

Hopefully DJ and Voit can pick-up where Diesel and PP left off. I think they will do just fine against YSU.

Plus the upside is if he ever gets injured he still has the red shirt. PL

CaBisonFan
09-17-2008, 01:39 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pure yogi.

CaBisonFan
09-17-2008, 01:40 AM

Not really.

What...did this game have to do with the conference or the playoffs?

Are you saying that a coach, even an outstanding one like Craig Bohl, wouldn't take this into consideration as the wounded continue to multiply like wabbits?

Obviously, I wasn't there, but it sounded like the nicks and bruises were getting out of hand.

BisoninNWMN
09-17-2008, 01:49 AM
Not really.

I think if it comes to playoff selection and we are 9-2 or 8-3 and we had beaten WYO...it would look better (stronger nc strength of schedule) than a loss to a FCS school; if we are competing for a spot with another 9-2 or 8-3 team.

Granted, a 9-2 Bison team will probably be in the top 10 but 8-3 might be borderline for playoff selection....my guess but far from an expert:D

I think a loss to a FBS school holds more weight than a loss to a FCS school.....if it comes down to deciding between 2 schools with the same record.

But we're going to run the table so it wont matter:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CaBisonFan
09-17-2008, 01:51 AM

Preston must be a dude. I can't wait to see him play.

CaBisonFan
09-17-2008, 01:57 AM
I think if it comes to playoff selection and we are 9-2 or 8-3 and we had beaten WYO...it would look better (stronger nc strength of schedule) than a loss to a FCS school; if we are competing for a spot with another 9-2 or 8-3 team.

Granted, a 9-2 Bison team will probably be in the top 10 but 8-3 might be borderline for playoff selection....my guess but far from an expert:D

I think a loss to a FBS school holds more weight than a loss to a FCS school.....if it comes down to deciding between 2 schools with the same record.

But we're going to run the table so it wont matter:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Finally...someone who sees the picture.

NDSUstudent
09-17-2008, 02:06 AM
My thoughts on the playoffs...
7-4 would makes us very borderline
8-3 we make it but are probably heading to Missoula
9-2 we are hosting an opening round game
10-1 we will be one of the four seeded teams.

One thing to keep in mind is that you need 7 DI wins to make the playoffs and a few good teams have are already made it hard for them to get to that number due to scheduling and canceled games.

A win at WYO would have put us in great shape with 3 DI wins but if we take care of business against YSU and do what we do at home, we should be sitting pretty good heading into a tough game at UNI.

56BISON73
09-17-2008, 02:10 AM
Not really.

Are you saying that a coach, even an outstanding one like Craig Bohl, wouldn't take this into consideration as the wounded continue to multiply like wabbits?

Obviously, I wasn't there, but it sounded like the nicks and bruises were getting out of hand.

You-coaches dont panic when players get hurt. The game is called football and it happens. The coaches also know what is at stake and you dont pull players with the intent of making the team weaker when you are playing to win. If the Bison would have beat WY that win would have been a consideration if the Bison are on the bubble for a playoff spot. The win is-was-would have been very important also in getting NDSU and D1-AA recognition. We are still the red headed step child to the FBS whether we like it or not.

Or I guess when the injuries were supposedly getting out of hand they should have just forfeited the game???? I mean if conference and the playoffs are more important then why even schedule them??? PL

CaBisonFan
09-17-2008, 02:31 AM
You-coaches dont panic when players get hurt. The game is called football and it happens. The coaches also know what is at stake and you dont pull players with the intent of making the team weaker when you are playing to win. If the Bison would have beat WY that win would have been a consideration if the Bison are on the bubble for a playoff spot. The win is-was-would have been very important also in getting NDSU and D1-AA recognition. We are still the red headed step child to the FBS whether we like it or not.

Or I guess when the injuries were supposedly getting out of hand they should have just forfeited the game???? I mean if conference and the playoffs are more important then why even schedule them??? PL

I don't think I said that they panicked...you.

What would hurt worse...a loss to Wyoming or a loss to Youngstown?

56BISON73
09-17-2008, 02:37 AM

So----the coaches should consider who they should-want to lose to?????

CaBisonFan
09-17-2008, 03:09 AM

So----the coaches should consider who they should-want to lose to?????

I didn't say they should decide to lose. You're the one suggesting that.

So you play with who you have...and you try to win...of course. I've never suggested otherwise. I 'have' suggested a subliminal attitude that possibly could have entered into the mix. Something that can affect momentum.

But about pulling players that are injured...I have a few questions.

Do you think that all of the guys that were on the sideline would have been pulled if we were playing a crucial conference game? And...were all of the injuries that serious? And...did we try to save 2 or 3 of our players for the future...meaning this coming Saturday?

No one threw the game 73. I don't believe that for a moment. Never have. No real athlete ever 'wants' to lose...nor do coaches.

The coaching staff & the players are great. I'm as big a fan as you'll find outside of the FM area.

Civil06
09-17-2008, 03:09 AM
This whole notion of pulling players to save them from injury is crazy. It didn't happen. The team played to win.

Case in point: in the fourth quarter Nick Schomer got up from a play wobbling. He came over to the sideline, got a neck massage, went back in and got a concussion. Do you think he would have gone back in if he was to be saved for Youngstown? Absolutely not. Also, Ramon had some sort of injury, only to go in a play or two later. Same with Wurz, he had a dislocate/jammed finger or something but kept playing. Everybody played hard until the end, except those that were literally too injured to play.

56BISON73
09-17-2008, 03:36 AM
[quote=56BISON73;210295]

I didn't say they should decide to lose. You're the one suggesting that.

So you play with who you have...and you try to win...of course. I've never suggested otherwise. I 'have' suggested a subliminal attitude that possibly could have entered into the mix. Something that can affect momentum.

But about pulling players that are injured...I have a few questions.

Do you think that all of the guys that were on the sideline would have been pulled if we were playing a crucial conference game? And...were all of the injuries that serious? And...did we try to save 2 or 3 of our players for the future...meaning this coming Saturday?

No one threw the game 73. I don't believe that for a moment. Never have. No real athlete ever 'wants' to lose...nor do coaches.

The coaching staff & the players are great. I'm as big a fan as you'll find outside of the FM area.

There is a difference in playing hurt and playing injured. You play hurt. If you are injured you dont want to injure yourself more than you are. Those determinations are made by the medical staff and the player. If you are playing hurt and you cant perform at a high level then you need to be replaced. PL

tcbison
09-17-2008, 01:10 PM
This whole notion of pulling players to save them from injury is crazy. It didn't happen. The team played to win.

Case in point: in the fourth quarter Nick Schomer got up from a play wobbling. He came over to the sideline, got a neck massage, went back in and got a concussion. Do you think he would have gone back in if he was to be saved for Youngstown? Absolutely not. Also, Ramon had some sort of injury, only to go in a play or two later. Same with Wurz, he had a dislocate/jammed finger or something but kept playing. Everybody played hard until the end, except those that were literally too injured to play.

Right on. End of discussion.

IzzyFlexion
09-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Ca and 73, you're both making good points and it's definately ok to disagree when it comes to coaching philosophy and strategy. This kind of healthy debate only exists because there probably is no "textbook" answer. I've seen coaches wrestle with these issues as they're occuring and during the heat of a game and programs simply have to trust that tough decisions are being made in the best interest of the team. Lots of pressure, but that what these guys (coaches) live for. It's just so much more alarming when it happens so early in the season!

Oh....and Ca, I'll arm wrestle you for the #1 out of state fan!.
:hide: .OK, old, fat, and out of shape officially forfeits.
So long from the land of some new enemies...Illinois.

CaBisonFan
09-17-2008, 01:57 PM

I didn't say that the players didn't play hard. I have 'just a little' more respect for them than this. These guys have proven over and over that they would give blood for the Bison.

That's not even close to what I was talking about.

This isn't worth the continuing discussion. I just think that considerations were made about a few of the guys that got dinged. (Do we play a guy that's questionable in terms of the type of injury that would keep them out for weeks or months?)

Read my lips:

No One Gave Up

The Bison don't do that. Neither do the coaches. But I believe that coaches made a few decisions in the Wyoming game to keep a few guys on the shelf because they were worried about the future. If they didn't...then I think there would be something really wrong.

And most of us have played in games where the momentum changes...and it's really hard to get it back. I think that injuries had a 'subliminal' effect on the momentum...as well as the actual loss of manpower. It's just an opinion.

Please don't try to make this into something that it's not. I AM NOT judging the attitude of the players or the coaches. If I thought their attitude was bad...I wouldn't bother following the Bison. I've been a huge fan since Erhardt was in town, through the good times, and the not so good times. I'm not a fair-weather fan.

Civil06
09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I didn't say that the players didn't play hard. I have 'just a little' more respect for them than this. These guys have proven over and over that they would give blood for the Bison.

That's not even close to what I was talking about.

This isn't worth the continuing discussion. I just think that considerations were made about a few of the guys that got dinged. (Do we play a guy that's questionable in terms of the type of injury that would keep them out for weeks or months?)

Read my lips:

No One Gave Up

The Bison don't do that. Neither do the coaches. But I believe that coaches made a few decisions in the Wyoming game to keep a few guys on the shelf because they were worried about the future. If they didn't...then I think there would be something really wrong.

And most of us have played in games where the momentum changes...and it's really hard to get it back. I think that injuries had a 'subliminal' effect on the momentum...as well as the actual loss of manpower. It's just an opinion.

Please don't try to make this into something that it's not. I AM NOT judging the attitude of the players or the coaches. If I thought their attitude was bad...I wouldn't bother following the Bison. I've been a huge fan since Erhardt was in town, through the good times, and the not so good times. I'm not a fair-weather fan.

Who besides Roehl, who laid on the ground in agony to come off to put on a boot, and Lemon, who ran keeled over to the sidelines after every hit, are you talking about? I'm not accusing you of questioning attitudes or anything and I know you're as passionate as any Bison fan - definitely not fair weather - I just don't know who you're talking about.

CaBisonFan
09-17-2008, 02:05 PM
[quote=CaBisonFan;210301]

There is a difference in playing hurt and playing injured. You play hurt. If you are injured you dont want to injure yourself more than you are. Those determinations are made by the medical staff and the player. If you are playing hurt and you cant perform at a high level then you need to be replaced. PL

We agree about playing hurt and playing injured. I get it totally.

It is my 'opinion' that a few borderline injured players were held out...just to be safe. If I'm right, then I think they did the right thing. On the sideline, there has to be question-mark injuries where the medical staff wonders whether playing more would be wise in terms of the future. It can't be totally black & white with every injury...right there...on the spot...without further tests. I think we played it safe because there are bigger stakes down the road. There were exceptions, like Schommer & Ramon...maybe others.

I played my share of games where the pain was off the chart...but wasn't really injured badly. I get that too.

Bison players play with pain. They give blood for the team.

roadwarrior
09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
I think we played it safe because there are bigger stakes down the road.

If we would have been playing it safe, Roehl would never have played in the game! Nor would Schommer returned after getting his head hit.

Trim
09-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Who besides Roehl, who laid on the ground in agony to come off to put on a boot, and Lemon, who ran keeled over to the sidelines after every hit, are you talking about? I'm not accusing you of questioning attitudes or anything and I know you're as passionate as any Bison fan - definitely not fair weather - I just don't know who you're talking about.

++++++

Yes, who? Who did we pull off the field to keep from getting hurt?

imported_Bisongold
09-17-2008, 07:27 PM
I don't quite understand the pessimism after the WYO loss. I will bet that there will not be a single team in the playoffs that doesn't have at least one loss. It wasn't like we got clobbered by a poor team. We got beat by a higher division team because we strung too many mistakes together. The odds of that happening again are remote in my opionion. Move on, learn from it and be ready to play. I agree with CA Bison that perhaps the desire to win the WYO game was not as big as with the past FBS games. The intensity was just not there from the players or the fans.

56BISON73
09-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Ca and 73, you're both making good points and it's definately ok to disagree when it comes to coaching philosophy and strategy. This kind of healthy debate only exists because there probably is no "textbook" answer. I've seen coaches wrestle with these issues as they're occuring and during the heat of a game and programs simply have to trust that tough decisions are being made in the best interest of the team. Lots of pressure, but that what these guys (coaches) live for. It's just so much more alarming when it happens so early in the season!

Oh....and Ca, I'll arm wrestle you for the #1 out of state fan!.
:hide: .OK, old, fat, and out of shape officially forfeits.
So long from the land of some new enemies...Illinois.

OHhhhh a Flatlander ayyyyy???? :D

Herd
09-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I just started reading this thread, and in my opinion, the whole "Price of Victory" premise is a load of garbage.

Let's get a few things straight, and yes I was at the game.

NDSU put all its energies into winning the game
NDSU did not go conservative in the 4th qtr
Our coach worries about winning games, not if he will have a job next week (see Cowboy Joe)
If a player gets hurt, the next person on the depth chart checks in a gives 100%
Price of Victory? You play to win the game period, and the bison did just that
Our coach doesn't care if we are playing WYO or CCSU; he plays to win
Our coach doesn't lament injuries, he makes sure the next guy is prepared to go in.

I'm not sure what this thread is/was driving at, but NDSU did not or will not pack it due to the price of injury or anything else. The premise of this thread it baseless, and I am dumber for having read it.

SDbison
09-17-2008, 11:47 PM
I just started reading this thread, and in my opinion, the whole "Price of Victory" premise is a load of garbage.

Let's get a few things straight, and yes I was at the game.

NDSU put all its energies into winning the game
NDSU did not go conservative in the 4th qtr
Our coach worries about winning games, not if he will have a job next week (see Cowboy Joe)
If a player gets hurt, the next person on the depth chart checks in a gives 100%
Price of Victory? You play to win the game period, and the bison did just that
Our coach doesn't care if we are playing WYO or CCSU; he plays to win
Our coach doesn't lament injuries, he makes sure the next guy is prepared to go in.
I'm not sure what this thread is/was driving at, but NDSU did not or will not pack it due to the price of injury or anything else. The premise of this thread it baseless, and I am dumber for having read it.
Amen.......CA you have stimulated some good discussion in the past but this one is going overboard. If anything NDSU needs to go out and have a good game and win by a substantial margin against a couple formidable opponents. The fans and players seem to be a bit tight right now. Injuries are part of the game and I see NDSU as a team with the depth to get though a few injuries.
BTW, Imported Bisongold that is total BS that the intensity wasn't there for the Wyoming game in terms of the players or fans. I was there and the players gave it there all as well as 2000 fans that traveled a long ways to get there. The Bison just didn't execute as well in the 3rd and 4th quarters and made a few too many costly mistakes.
Time will tell if this team gets their crap together or just implodes. From now on the Bison need to execute better and make less mistakes if they are going to win the conference or get a playoff spot.

99Bison
09-18-2008, 12:12 AM
Amen.......CA you have stimulated some good discussion in the past but this one is going overboard. If anything NDSU needs to go out and have a good game and win by a substantial margin against a couple formidable opponents. The fans and players seem to be a bit tight right now. Injuries are part of the game and I see NDSU as a team with the depth to get though a few injuries.
BTW, Imported Bisongold that is total BS that the intensity wasn't there for the Wyoming game in terms of the players or fans. I was there and the players gave it there all as well as 2000 fans that traveled a long ways to get there. The Bison just didn't execute as well in the 3rd and 4th quarters and made a few too many costly mistakes.
Time will tell if this team gets their crap together or just implodes. From now on the Bison need to execute better and make less mistakes if they are going to win the conference or get a playoff spot.

Both you last two are accurate... let this thread die now please.

imported_Bisongold
09-18-2008, 12:51 AM
There were 2000 fans there SD, not 30,000. In no way was there the same hype to win this game as Minnesota last year. Sorry, just because 2000 fans were into the game ( and I was one of them) doesn't mean that the intensity was the same. I believe it is possible that the players can pick up on that. However, from now on...the conference games...no excuses. They need to be at a high level for every game. Just my opionion. Crucify me if you want.

Civil06
09-18-2008, 02:43 AM
I agree with SD.

IzzyFlexion
09-18-2008, 02:14 PM
OHhhhh a Flatlander ayyyyy???? :D

Very flat until you get to downtown Chicago. At that point the steel and concrete pretty much eliminate that problem.

bisonmike2
09-18-2008, 04:43 PM
When I read this headline, for some reason I replied in the jingle of the Team America World Police song "Freedom isn't Free."

"Victory isn't free...Victory cost of buck O' five."

Stupid I know. But I can't it out of my head now!

unbison
09-19-2008, 09:31 AM
come on what a bunch of crap this is....... price of victory to high......what are u referring to..........when rohl came out we were leading.......just poor execution ...... if you would have seen those drops in the second half..... my ooh my...... u would have yelled at a middle school receiver or tightend..... u might have even yelled a tackle on a tackle eligible new england patriots style trick play....... i think that from my hazy memory of the game that...... the team pissed there pants