PDA

View Full Version : ramon

SlickVic
09-15-2008, 06:01 PM
humbers bringing the lumber my oh my whats that back to back defensive player of the week awards? i thought last week was the best ive seen him play since 06 minnesota and then this week against wyoming 44s bringing it doing everything you can possibley ask of a player...ive had the pleasure of whatching some of the best line backers in the country on a consistant basis courtesy of linebacker U aka penn state university lavar arrington brandon short gino capone paul posluszny dan conner sean lee seen them all play in person along with aj hawk bobby carpenter (2005 ohio state) laurinitis and freeman thats multiple multiple butkis award winners pos went back to back with it the animal laurinities mght do the same this year and i just want to give ramon joe mays mike maresh and especially coach nystrom respects for really bringing in grade A legitimate BCS big time talent at the position they have all been fun to whatch...and just to put that in perspective and put any arguements to rest i called in to the bohl show 2 or 3 years ago and asked him he said no doubt about it those linebackers would all play with the best of them in any BCS conference and bohl nos a thing or to about a thing or 2 but then again so do i ;)

bisondad
09-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Can't understand what you wrote but I think I agree..............Ramon is outstanding!

Bison15
09-15-2008, 06:51 PM
I could almost imagine seeing teeth come out as I was listening the on the radio when Ramon made his punishing hits. Man I wish I could have seen that in person.

imported_Bisongold
09-15-2008, 08:48 PM
More impressive was Ramon chasing down the running back to save a TD.

Gully
09-15-2008, 08:51 PM

You beat me to it....that was amazing, he showed some real speed on that play. Typically, if a half back has that much of a lead on a linebacker, it's 6 points. he's been good the last couple of years but he's really playing like a senior and stepping it up big time.

Tatanka
09-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Humber was EVERYWHERE... a tackling machine with speed.

Bison15
09-15-2008, 09:08 PM
I hope he puts up another performance like that this Sat. so I can actually watch it on tv. I'm already getting excited and it's only Monday.

lakesbison
09-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Humber's old man was having a blast with us at the game.. high fiving and jumping around..

that was college football at its finest!! hard hitting!!!

GO RAMON!!!

GradBison
09-15-2008, 09:28 PM
humbers bringing the lumber my oh my whats that back to back defensive player of the week awards? i thought last week was the best ive seen him play since 06 minnesota and then this week against wyoming 44s bringing it doing everything you can possibley ask of a player...ive had the pleasure of whatching some of the best line backers in the country on a consistant basis courtesy of linebacker U aka penn state university lavar arrington brandon short gino capone paul posluszny dan conner sean lee seen them all play in person along with aj hawk bobby carpenter (2005 ohio state) laurinitis and freeman thats multiple multiple butkis award winners pos went back to back with it the animal laurinities mght do the same this year and i just want to give ramon joe mays mike maresh and especially coach nystrom respects for really bringing in grade A legitimate BCS big time talent at the position they have all been fun to whatch...and just to put that in perspective and put any arguements to rest i called in to the bohl show 2 or 3 years ago and asked him he said no doubt about it those linebackers would all play with the best of them in any BCS conference and bohl nos a thing or to about a thing or 2 but then again so do i ;)

Good God man! And this is an edited post??!

Humber is the man, he was a beast on Saturday. Our D played great, I just wish the O gave them a chance to stay off the field longer in the second half. Not the least bit worried about our D.

GOB1SON
09-16-2008, 12:36 AM
I am really in awe of 44 the last two weeks. WOW!

Gonna say it, I think 44 is playing better RIGHT NOW than I ever saw 8 play. And that is saying something. (Don't hurt me too bad, just expressing an opinion). :blush:

Hope he can sustain it.

99Bison
09-16-2008, 12:46 AM

Gonna say it, I think 44 is playing better RIGHT NOW than I ever saw 8 play. And that is saying something. (Don't hurt me too bad, just expressing an opinion). :blush:

Hope he can sustain it.

Personally think he was just somewhat overlooked because #8 was in there and got all the attention/hype from people. Similarly, 8 was sent on blitz's that are now being sent with 44.

44 has been fantastic since day one and can really fly. There is a reason why his side of the field has been shutdown for 3 years.

CaBisonFan
09-16-2008, 12:55 AM
SlickVick

While I may be the king of long threads...you are 'hands down' the king of long sentences.

Good observations on Ramon.

CaBisonFan :cool:

thundastruck
09-16-2008, 02:49 AM

The three amazing linebackers (joe mays, ramon, and maresh) aka The Hit Man were some of the best if not THE best NDSU has ever seen. Humber really did have a great game against Wyoming with his huge hits and speed. But one guy that seems to fade away when people are giving out credit is Maresh! He may not have the big hits like Humber but if you watch his technique and accuracy he is almost the definition of perfection. Not only that but I seem to remember last year when Humber was ineligible the first game Maresh played his position. So that just shows everyone what a versatile player he is. I think we all need to remember and give credit to Maresh!

Hoss
09-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Second coming of Joe Toth :)

NDSUFan_Sav
09-16-2008, 08:59 AM
You beat me to it....that was amazing, he showed some real speed on that play. Typically, if a half back has that much of a lead on a linebacker, it's 6 points. he's been good the last couple of years but he's really playing like a senior and stepping it up big time.

4.56 40 :)

90BISON
09-16-2008, 05:34 PM

On the field, OK. Off the field, I certainly hope not.:hide:

X-Factor
09-16-2008, 05:42 PM

Hope he can sustain it.

I have always thought Humber was our best linebacker. If he could add 20 lbs or so and maintain the same versatility and speed the guy could do some real damage in the NFL.

Green-N-Gold
09-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Minus the Roid Rage

Bisonguy
09-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Humber's a stud. A lot of people overlook the fact that he had the same # of tackles as Mays in 2006, with more sacks and QBH's.

Chea, that feature of him in the September issue of Bison Illustrated is great. The photo on page 22 after the big hit where he's like "ROOAAAAAAARRR!!" is awesome.

Hoss
09-16-2008, 09:16 PM
On the field, OK. Off the field, I certainly hope not.:hide:

I was at a wedding once that he was a groomsman in. He was chucking bridesmaids all over the dance floor. I think they were in the air over his head more than they were on their feet....

:D

BisonNeil
09-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Is Humber big enough to play any LB spot in the NFL? Or would he have a better shot at SS? I don't know, I am asking. I was impressed with his speed when he ran down the RB at WY from behind and saved a TD.

SlickVic
09-21-2008, 02:24 AM
wow what a warrior do you realize what you fools are whatching out there? the definition of greatness thats what...back to back to back great games just a straight showcase of skill, athleticism, intelligence, work ethic and will to win what a warrior i just love him he is now officially my favorite bison football player of all time and i find that 12 tackle stat line hard to believe i figured he had to have around 20 ill re whatch the game and count regardless that hit to force that fumble was so sick such a lick came off 2 blockers and just busted that qbs head off plus gets up and goes to block down field for the fumble returner i mean my oh my scheels guy get that authentic 44 jersey out on the shelfs ASAP ill be buying both green and white

GOB1SON
09-21-2008, 02:28 AM
I hear ya brother Slick. I've been saying it too. Ramon is playing the best football on the team right now.

But the MAN needs a little help!!!

I posted this elsewhere, but IMHO, we have the best offensive player (TR) and the best defensive player (RH) in the league. We need to get Diesel healthy and give the LHumbar-wagon a little help on D.

SlickVic
09-21-2008, 02:35 AM
I hear ya brother Slick. I've been saying it too. Ramon is playing the best football on the team right now.

But the MAN needs a little help!!!

I posted this elsewhere, but IMHO, we have the best offensive player (TR) and the best defensive player (RH) in the league. We need to get Diesel healthy and give the LHumbar-wagon a little help on D.

ramons the best defensive player at our level in the country he could play no scratch that he could start for any top tier team in any BCS conference paterno would take him at penn state any day of the week and like i just said PLs boy kirk ferentz would well you can read ;)

BisonBrewer
09-21-2008, 02:40 AM

That was the most impressive Bison D play of the day IMHO

OUTSTANDING

Humber IS a Bison STUD

Bisonguy
09-21-2008, 03:37 AM
Off topic posts removed.

SlickVic
09-21-2008, 03:44 AM
North Dakota State
## Player Solo Ast Tot TFL/Yds FF
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
44 Ramon Humber 10 2 12 1.0/2 1

10 solos is sick still think he had more def assisted on more than 2 ill re-whatch the game tommorow night and count he just conducted a clinic tonight

Hoss
09-21-2008, 03:47 AM
Too bad we need 2 other LBs to make a D though...

56BISON73
09-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Too bad we need 2 other LBs to make a D though...

Gotta wonder 347 yards rushing. Only 10 tackles??? Where was he the rest of the time????:D
PL

NDSUstudent
09-21-2008, 04:53 AM
Gotta wonder 347 yards rushing. Only 10 tackles??? Where was he the rest of the time????:D
PL

12 tackles, 10 solos. As for the rest of the time maybe he was trying to find Maresh and Anderson because it sure wasn't easy finding their names in the box score.

Fightin' Bison
09-21-2008, 05:17 AM
That was the most impressive Bison D play of the day IMHO

OUTSTANDING

Humber IS a Bison STUD

Having a linebacker making tackles 20 yards downfield isn't impressive unless you're trying to make the wrong kind of impression. 340 yards on the ground is humiliating, no matter how many tackles you have.

56BISON73
09-21-2008, 05:20 AM
12 tackles, 10 solos. As for the rest of the time maybe he was trying to find Maresh and Anderson because it sure wasn't easy finding their names in the box score.

Thats your answer??? PL

56BISON73
09-21-2008, 05:21 AM
Having a linebacker making tackles 20 yards downfield isn't impressive unless you're trying to make the wrong kind of impression. 340 yards on the ground is humiliating, no matter how many tackles you have.

Ahhh someone else who gets it.:nod:
PL

SlickVic
09-21-2008, 05:23 AM

the speed hustle and heart is...how about running 20 yards accross the field to tackle down a WR on a end around for a 3 yard gain? doubt theres another linebacker in the fcs who could make that play

NDSUstudent
09-21-2008, 05:42 AM
Thats your answer??? PL

He is the only linebacker that came to play, if you want a stat to question why don't you look at the 18 tackles our safeties had. I believe 3 of our top 5 tacklers were defensive backs, and that should be a bigger red flag then our best LB getting 12 tackles when he typically gets 8-10.

99Bison
09-21-2008, 02:08 PM

As those two were hurt and out of the game replaced by what 4th string mlb and 3rd outside by now...?