PDA

View Full Version : question

GodBlessDaBison
09-14-2008, 11:43 PM
hey bison fans, i hope you guys are having a great day, tough loss for the bison yesterday, I still feel that the ref's did them in bad:ranting: ..... but anyways mertens had a okay game, my question is that if mertens struggles again this next game, do you think Jackson should get some concideration to get some playing time?? let me know

56BISON73
09-14-2008, 11:46 PM
hey bison fans, i hope you guys are having a great day, tough loss for the bison yesterday, I still feel that the ref's did them in bad:ranting: ..... but anyways mertens had a okay game, my question is that if mertens struggles again this next game, do you think Jackson should get some concideration to get some playing time?? let me know

Struggles are going to happen at this point in time. But if he pisses up a rope a change may be in order. PL

99Bison
09-15-2008, 12:28 AM

Ummm, no chance... Have you seen Jackson play at all? Should have we benched walker after the first game of the season last year? Like 4/5 picks or whatever it was?

FYI, the first pick wasn't Mertens fault, the second argueably wasn't and the third was...

Not to mention this was definately a team loss, the dropped passed were the killers not to mention so many bad penalties. Team should have never been in position to lose with any more execution.

----------

That is of course unless Mertens goes Stauss (Sorry Tony:-) for the next 6 games.

A1pigskin
09-15-2008, 12:45 AM
No. Mertens the man.

Civil06
09-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Except for the last 2 interceptions, which is a BIG except, Mertens looked very confident in the pocket. He stepped forward and delivered some strikes (which were dropped). I have a lot of confidence moving forward with him at QB.

Bison101
09-15-2008, 01:28 AM
Um- looking at Troy Jackson's reps, if Mertens were to be kicked out, I'd seriously look at Mohler.

imabison
09-15-2008, 01:37 AM
Ummm, no chance... Have you seen Jackson play at all? Should have we benched walker after the first game of the season last year? Like 4/5 picks or whatever it was?

FYI, the first pick wasn't Mertens fault, the second argueably wasn't and the third was...

Not to mention this was definately a team loss, the dropped passed were the killers not to mention so many bad penalties. Team should have never been in position to lose with any more execution.

----------

That is of course unless Mertens goes Stauss (Sorry Tony:-) for the next 6 games.
There seemed to be some question one the picks if Voigtlander had run the wrong route. At least according to the radio broadcast.

Bison"FANatic"
09-15-2008, 02:12 AM
We will live or die with Mertens

lakesbison
09-15-2008, 02:20 AM
Are you crazy?? mertens was better than wyoming's qb situation accordin to wyo fans..... mertens than mohler.

Herd
09-15-2008, 02:50 AM
On the last pick, the WR took the route outside, while Mertens anticipated the WR coming inside. This was a mis-read of the WR, not a bad throw. There is a big difference. It looked like the WR saw the linebacker and turned outside.

The sad thing is that if Mertens and the WR had been on the same page, the DB would have been beat over the top and most likely it would have gone for 6.

bisonmike2
09-15-2008, 04:08 PM
This is the way I see it. Clutch had an amazing career and pulled off some pretty unbelievable comebacks. He did however end his career with a int. Mertens ended his first chance at leading NDSU to a end of game victory with and int so I fully expect him to finish his career on the awesome side. Sort of like a ying/yang/karma/everything is circular type pattern.

Trim
09-15-2008, 04:14 PM
I found it hard to get mad at Mertens. He was throwing some pretty good balls that kept getting dropped.

I kept pounding my leg out of frustration when they would drop. My 5-year old looked at me and said, "Daddy, maybe they're dropping them because they're not used to playing in the wind." Maybe, maybe not, but I thought it was pretty good for a 5-year old.

MN_BISON
09-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Except for the last 2 interceptions, which is a BIG except, Mertens looked very confident in the pocket. He stepped forward and delivered some strikes (which were dropped). I have a lot of confidence moving forward with him at QB.

The second pick Mertens gave up was not his fault at least from my point of view (50 yard line). Heck was held big time, even the WY fans sitting behind us couldn't believe there was no flag. Oh well, many lessons learned and time to look forward to Youngstown.

I also wanted to say thanks to everyone who tailgated by the baseball stadium, I had a great time and it was great seeing all of you. A special thanks to SD for taking our cooler back with him, hope to see you all at the SIU game.

One other quick note that has been said many times, everyone our group came across from WY was great, very good people and respectful fans. We got the feeling they knew the got away with one and were just happy/lucky to get out of there with a W. I would go back to Laramie.

Bison15
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
if there were no dropped passes by our recievers this thread would not exist.
So lets cut Mertens some slack. There would be nothing good to come out of changing QBs

THEsocalledfan
09-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Rule #1 of all football fans:

They blame the quaterback way too much when they lose, and give them way to much credit when they win.

Here, end of the lesson.

And hopefully this thread....

met1990
09-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Rule #1 of all football fans:

They blame the quaterback way too much when they lose, and give them way to much credit when they win.

Here, end of the lesson.

And hopefully this thread....

Actually, I blame Lakes. The last two games he's traveled to his team has gotten beat: Vikes @ Green Bay and NDSU @Wyoming. :(

HerdBot
09-15-2008, 05:41 PM

No he was pretty decent for his first ever road game against a D1A team. Drops and poor execution was the key. He only made a few bad decisons. We were in a position to win the game.

TransAmBison
09-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Actually, I blame Lakes. The last two games he's traveled to his team has gotten beat: Vikes @ Green Bay and NDSU @Wyoming. :(
Not quite sure if he's to blame...but let us see if he weighs the same as a duck. :D

*Some of you may get the reference, some of you may not. To those of you who do get it, get a torch.

cbline
09-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Not quite sure if he's to blame...but let us see if he weighs the same as a duck. :D

*Some of you may get the reference, some of you may not. To those of you who do get it, get a torch.

"And what else burns?" "More Lakes!!!"

bisonmike2
09-15-2008, 06:17 PM

Somebody needs to buy him some SDSU season tickets!

Tatanka
09-15-2008, 09:44 PM

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee13/joanwohl/monty_python_witch-701441.jpg