PDA

View Full Version : No Super Bowl

CaBisonFan
09-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Yesterday's game sure would have been fun to win...but in this new kind of season...one that most of us are unfamiliar with after 5 years of purgatory...we can 'choose' to take yesterday's game in stride. From what I'm reading...most of us are.

This isn't like the Minnesota games of the past two years. It didn't have the intensity (in the fan base) of playing our neighbor FBS program. I consider this to be a good thing. I look at it as more of a test. We passed parts of it, and failed others.

I'm pretty confident that our outstanding coaching staff is shaking its head over decisions, play calls, personnel issues, and a whole package of things that they will view as their fault. But because they are so good, they will analyze the whole thing...dissect it...and formulate plans for the upcoming challenges.

As much as I hated yesterday's second half...the mistakes...the injuries...some of the play calls...and other things...I'm going to choose to see it as a learning experience that could benefit the Bison. The injuries are the only thing that are really bothering me...and perhaps the decisions that were made about playing guys that were dinged up.

I 'do not' want this to turn into the 'is Mertens our guy' season. It might, whether I want it to or not...but as others have written...he is young in terms of experience under big pressure.

The coaches and players will come out of their funk by Monday, if not sooner. They're already in the analysis mode.

The real tests are coming. Is this 'team' good enough to win the MVFC? I think that we'll see pretty soon.

Unlike last year...we have not played our Super Bowl. In fact, there really isn't one on the regular season schedule. Northern Iowa might come the closest.

Unlike last year...the emotions weren't left on the field against an FBS team. If all goes well, the Wyoming game will be reduced to a learning experience.

I was as upset as anyone yesterday. Wanted to throw my laptop through my picture window.

So as a real Bison fan, I'll choose to call yesterday's game a 'warmup' to the conference, and what I hope will be several playoff games.

We will see how the 2008 team, a pretty veteran group of guys, responds to yesterday's implosion.

I'm sure that they are a hell of a lot more upset than we are.

56BISON73
09-14-2008, 06:37 PM
It is what it is. it was a tough game and we came out on the short end. Thats football. Time to prepare for the next game. :nod: PL

IBleedYellow
09-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Time to play some Conference games with a chip on our shoulder and a bitter taste in our mouth. All more of a push to win.

That's my take on the game.

CaBisonFan
09-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Time to play some Conference games with a chip on our shoulder and a bitter taste in our mouth. All more of a push to win.

That's my take on the game.

I couldn't agree more.

CarringtonBison
09-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Yesterday's game sure would have been fun to win...but in this new kind of season...one that most of us are unfamiliar with after 5 years of purgatory...we can 'choose' to take yesterday's game in stride. From what I'm reading...most of us are.

This isn't like the Minnesota games of the past two years. It didn't have the intensity (in the fan base) of playing our neighbor FBS program. I consider this to be a good thing. I look at it as more of a test. We passed parts of it, and failed others.

I'm pretty confident that our outstanding coaching staff is shaking its head over decisions, play calls, personnel issues, and a whole package of things that they will view as their fault. But because they are so good, they will analyze the whole thing...dissect it...and formulate plans for the upcoming challenges.

As much as I hated yesterday's second half...the mistakes...the injuries...some of the play calls...and other things...I'm going to choose to see it as a learning experience that could benefit the Bison. The injuries are the only thing that are really bothering me...and perhaps the decisions that were made about playing guys that were dinged up.

I 'do not' want this to turn into the 'is Mertens our guy' season. It might, whether I want it to or not...but as others have written...he is young in terms of experience under big pressure.

The coaches and players will come out of their funk by Monday, if not sooner. They're already in the analysis mode.

The real tests are coming. Is this 'team' good enough to win the MVFC? I think that we'll see pretty soon.

Unlike last year...we have not played our Super Bowl. In fact, there really isn't one on the regular season schedule. Northern Iowa might come the closest.

Unlike last year...the emotions weren't left on the field against an FBS team. If all goes well, the Wyoming game will be reduced to a learning experience.

I was as upset as anyone yesterday. Wanted to throw my laptop through my picture window.

So as a real Bison fan, I'll choose to call yesterday's game a 'warmup' to the conference, and what I hope will be several playoff games.

We will see how the 2008 team, a pretty veteran group of guys, responds to yesterday's implosion.

I'm sure that they are a hell of a lot more upset than we are.

I agree, the past two years the FBS games were our playoffs, now this year we have more to look forward to. Keep your heads up and concentrate on conference!