PDA

View Full Version : So where do we stand with injuries?

CaBisonFan
09-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Anyone have updates on the wounded? Sounds like this could have been a costly game.

So we lost the game. Did we lose some of our main firepower for the coming weeks, months?

SirHinn
09-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Anyone have updates on the wounded? Sounds like this could have been a costly game.

So we lost the game. Did we lose some of our main firepower for the coming weeks, months?

Rohl is in a boot.

bisoneer
09-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Rohl is in a boot.

So how bad is that?

Bison"FANatic"
09-14-2008, 03:18 PM
A boot can be anywhere from very bad to just precautionary. I would bet that they are just trying to keep the pressure and movement off the ligaments in the ankle. Ligaments are slow healers and just don't have the blood supply that a muscle. Here is what I think will happen I bet he is put on the shelf for about a month to heal up and brought out for the UNI game. Time will tell but I want him healthy down the stretch and if you let him heal now it will be a long term win. Just my .02 we will have to see how it plays out.

A1pigskin
09-14-2008, 03:21 PM
I wore a boot once for a small fracture. That was 20yrs ago. I wore it for 3 - 4 weeks it could have been longer I just can't remember that far back. Maybe the boot will help it heal faster, that is if it's a sprain. Medicine has advanced a lot in 20 years.

NDSUFREAK
09-14-2008, 05:42 PM
I would rather Roehl sat out a couple weeks and get ready for SIU and UNI

UTH
09-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Here is what I think will happen I bet he is put on the shelf for about a month to heal up and brought out for the UNI game... Time will tell but I want him healthy down the stretch and if you let him heal now it will be a long term win.

And if they prepare well for a playoff run without him, just think of the domination they should enjoy through the playoffs.

CarringtonBison
09-14-2008, 09:17 PM
So how bad is that?
Think of it as being a removable cast.

The boot stabilizes the ankle joint and all the ligaments around it (to include the syndesmosis in between the tibia and fibula-which is what is torn in a high ankle sprain). Just based on it being a high ankle sprain and the amount of pain it sounded like he was in from the radio description, I would not have doubted that he was in a cam walker (boot).

He now needs to heel and not see the field again to AT LEAST SIU and possibly longer. He may not effectively be back for much longer.

What happened this weekend was exactly was I feared would happen and put him a lot further back in his rehab. Gutsy for him to play (and want to), but unfortunate.